Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
macci

Call The Midwife In The Media

8 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I swear I'm seeing Helen George at 3:09 in this video

Absolutely, 100% her.  Not a shadow of a doubt.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, that was Trixie and what a lovely video in any case!

The spooky thing is that I was just reading an old novel of mine set in WWII and someone in the book heard that song.  I thought to myself, I need to look that up next time I'm on the computer. I sat down and there it was!

• Like 3

The Call the Midwife Facebook page had a post today confirming that there will be a 2020 Christmas special and that season/series 10 will air next year, so they must have figured they’ll be able to resume shooting in due course.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, caitmcg said:

The Call the Midwife Facebook page had a post today confirming that there will be a 2020 Christmas special and that season/series 10 will air next year, so they must have figured they’ll be able to resume shooting in due course.

I can imagine the Christmas special: "A magical blizzard takes the cast to the future and strands each of them in a different room of various people's homes.  It's now up to Sister Monica Joan, who was left behind, to try and get everyone back, one at a time, to a specific and individual room of Nonnatus House in time for Christmas so they can each spend the holiday isolated from one another, like people in the past totally do." 

• Laugh 8

Wordsmith.org's "A.Word.A.Day" for today is Poplarism, "the policy of giving generous compensation, benefits, unemployment relief, etc.," named after the Poplar district in London.

• Useful 3

Season 10 is scheduled to start on BBC1 on Sunday 18th April at 8pm.

For a few weeks it will be followed by Line of Duty episodes.  Talk about a mood whiplash!

• Like 3

oh wow--I've been watching this show slowly about 2 years behind. I am in season 9 and had realized there was no season 10 and was getting sad to finish. But now I learn there is a season 10 and 11 coming? it's like Christmas in April

The season 10 trailer has been released! It sucks that the US isn't getting it until September, but I'm still excited to see it.

• Like 3

I just came here to see if there was any news on when we here in the US would get the series again.  September is a long time to wait, but there it is.  At least it's returning, and renewed for what? two more seasons/series!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Did anyone watch the 10th anniversary show? I thought it was a great look back at the series and, as is custom, I got teary-eyed more than once. [It was an out of character retrospective, so no worries about spoilers.]

• Like 3

On 6/2/2021 at 4:24 AM, Epeolatrix said:

Did anyone watch the 10th anniversary show? I thought it was a great look back at the series and, as is custom, I got teary-eyed more than once. [It was an out of character retrospective, so no worries about spoilers.]

No! I didn't know about it. I'll be on the lookout now!

• Like 1

Confirmed date for Season 10 première on PBS is September 26, per CTMW Facebook account. 

• Like 8