Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Nesting and Room Re-Do

I checked out Anna's midwife, Marsha Jackson. She's a CNM, based out of Alexandria, VA. I feel a lot more comfortable about her labor/delivery than I did with Jill's "Miss Joy" based out of that shack in the middle of the woods. Marsha had it more together than all of the midwives/technicians we've seen before on the show, combined.

True, she seems more competent but I didn't love that the patients are weighing themselves & taking their own blood pressures. Cost cutting measures? And if I was heavily pregnant I would not want to attempt all of those steps.

• Love 2

Aaaaand it's official: TLC and the Duggars BOTH swept Josie's obvious problems (the "4 or 5" seizures that Mechelle admits to are worrisome) under the rug. Something beyond febrile seizures is going on there. A 13 year old in a house with 15 other siblings shouldn't be able to pinpoint a seizure like that. Especially given that Josie is not the same gender or even close to James' age group. I doubt those two have much, if any real contact at all. That said, HE NOTICED IT. 

It's more than "4 or 5," Mechelle. Pay attention to those kids that you are so proud of delivering. Now that I've seen it play out on screen, I'm with wanderwoman; I'm so ANGRY on behalf of all of the Duggar kids, but especially Precious Miracle. 

• Love 13

I wonder if the room re-do was a gift for Jana. Her sisters got shiny new husbands, freshly re-finished houses, and new furniture while she gets to live in a little girl's room. She is going to be there FOREVER, so it might as well be nice for her.

• Love 7

Yes. Jana is amazing and I absolutely can't fault her response. She is that child's mom for all intents and purposes. She acted as I would've expected Michelle would act. There's no excuse for Jana having that amount of responsibility put on her shoulders. None.

Grandma and Aunt were there. I'm starting to think a producer is obligated to come for those big moments because of liability potential. Whatever happens to those kids, if there was a camera on the house or there was an agent of the film company on the premises, and they died or were seriously injured? They may he obligated to assure proper care is sought. I also believe Scott Enlow has become family. He's an adult that some of the younger kids have literally grown up in front of.

Edited by wanderwoman
  • Love 4

I highly doubt TLC bears any liability for what happens to the kids. They are there to film -- the kids' health problems are their own. Maybe if TLC arranged a stupid stunt for filming and then a kid got hurt, there would be issues -- but this was just a freak medical emergency having nothing to do with TLC. I imagine Jana and all the kids view Scott as an adult who is out in the real world and thus he'd know what to do -- so it may just have been a heat of the moment -- OMG call Scott since Mama and Daddy aren't around.

I wonder if JD wasn't there or if they called him -- isn't he/wasn't he doing something EMT related? Or was that fake for the show?

• Love 3

I love the WTF is this shit looks on the first responder's faces re:filming this. They kind of say it all.

One place you can't 'do things just a little bit different' is proper medical care.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 6

I highly doubt TLC bears any liability for what happens to the kids. They are there to film -- the kids' health problems are their own. Maybe if TLC arranged a stupid stunt for filming and then a kid got hurt, there would be issues -- but this was just a freak medical emergency having nothing to do with TLC. I imagine Jana and all the kids view Scott as an adult who is out in the real world and thus he'd know what to do -- so it may just have been a heat of the moment -- OMG call Scott since Mama and Daddy aren't around.

I wonder if JD wasn't there or if they called him -- isn't he/wasn't he doing something EMT related? Or was that fake for the show?

I think I heard Tontitown voted to get rid of the volunteer Fire dept & was hiring real ones. I'm too lazy to look it up right now. So JD might be done with that.

How can you possibly act like the medical emergencies that seem to constantly beleaguer your family are some inconvenience or about YOU? Stop stumping for political candidates and raise those kids like they are the precious blessings you claim they are.

EXACTLY!!! Preach it, sister! Sometimes I'm mortified at what we write on this forum; other times I hope someone from that family is lurking and reading and learning (hey, it's my dream, it can go my way), and maybe even choking a little in humility. I've said before that I don't watch the show, but am fascinated by the fascination we all have for it. But I watched that ep tonight, and was just - as you said - speechless. How can this be? How can Michelle even sit there and calmly give a synopsis when her child was turning B.L.U.E.? How? I'm not a violent person by nature, and this is the second time in a week this family has made me want to reach through the screen and shake someone. Did you hear at the very beginning of that clip, Jana (with her ear over Josie's mouth) said, "She just took a breath!" She.Was.BLUE! I thought my head would explode.

BTW, Wanderwoman, you are generally so articulate and paced in your posts. I could absolutely read the fury you packed and the gallop you were still doing when you wrote that. I know that whole episode hit you between the eyes. Did you throw something?

• Love 11

I kind of assumed Jana had Josie over by the sink so she could potentially run water on her, or put her in the sink if need be. The look on her face broke my heart - she was terrified. I can understand being scared for your sibling but she should never have been put in that position. This might be one of the few times I was glad they were still filming, because at least she knew someone she could call who cared about her family.

• Love 2

Did anyone see how many beds are now in the girls' bedroom? There still doesn't seem to be enough for each girl to get their own bed. At least the boys have bunk beds.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 1

There were initially enough beds from Jana on down to Joy, I believe. I'm not sure if they've ever added any--at one point the little girls were sleeping in pack n' plays. After that, a couple of the little girls seemed to double up with an older girl who had a bigger bed. Jill once said that Jennifer slept with her. Now that Jill and Jessa are gone, they should be just two beds short if they never added any. That means that Johannah and Jenny can double up in Jill's old bed and Jordyn and Josie can use Jessa's (unless they let Princess Josie have her own bed and make Jordyn sleep in the bathtub).

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 4

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they still have Josie stuffed in a Pack 'n' Play so they can keep pretending she's an infant, sadly.

I was wondering about the beds too. Seems like they should all at least have their own beds by now. I also felt so bad for them painting over the horse mural. It was obviously special to at least one of the little girls (was it Jennifer?), if not more. Why couldn't they just redecorate around it? 

• Love 2

Why don't they bring their youngest Josie with them when they travel? It's not like she would be missing out on school....

Because then they'd have to take care of her, unless they brought the older girls along too?

(just a thought - I don't know and haven't seen any indications on why)

• Love 3

There were initially enough beds from Jana on down to Joy, I believe. I'm not sure if they've ever added any--at one point the little girls were sleeping in pack n' plays. After that, a couple of the little girls seemed to double up with an older girl who had a bigger bed. Jill once said that Jennifer slept with her. Now that Jill and Jessa are gone, they should be just two beds short if they never added any. That means that Johannah and Jenny can double up in Jill's old bed and Jordyn and Josie can use Jessa's (unless they let Princess Josie have her own bed and make Jordyn sleep in the bathtub).

I wouldn't be a bit surprised with Jordyn having to sleep in the bathtub. Poor thing has slept in some strange places including a too small car seat and on the floor at naptime. I really want to adopt her and spoil her rotten.

• Love 4

Random thoughts:

1)   Jessa got the brand new furniture because she didn't get the mansion. 

2)  The bedroom re-do didn't look amazing to me. I liked the old one better for the little girls.

3)  Jana looked like she was having a nervous breakdown.

4)  The Duggar "parents" should be ashamed for making Jana pencil in said nervous breakdown.

5)  Jessa's cooking disaster was actually really, really adorable. 

6)  Derick just doesn't strike me as a team player for some reason.

7)  Poor Ben. Poor, poor Ben. He's not very articulate is he? Heating and air talk was odd.

8)  I feel like Josie is sicker than we've been told. 

9)  Josie was really happy to see her Daddy. Not her Mama.

10)  I think Jana had Josie at the sink to "tilt her head back" like Grandma said they were instructed to do.

And ... my grand finale observation ... dun dun dun ...

I think Jana should be allowed to move into that room Ben was in,  be given a car, and everyone should leave her alone. Let her go to college or get a job or whatever else she wants to do. 

Edited by IntoTheMystic
  • Love 14

It looked like the room had 2 double beds and singles, so they're either sleeping 3 to a double, or someone doesn't have a bed.

Also - how long have they been in the Stink House now?  Because I doubt those walls have ever been washed.  You don't slap fresh paint over years of dust and grime, you TSP the walls first. 

• Love 1

Even though TLC airs the episodes so that it feels like there's one, it was actually two, and there is a topic for each. Please try to talk about what happened in the correct episode topic. Thanks! *grumbles at TLC*

• Love 3

I'm am absolutely speechless. Everyone here, in the NICU, keeps saying that "there WILL be a day when you don't jump at every monitor alarm or every germ that crosses your baby's path, but you will never forget how precious and precarious life can be". I kept hearing that in my head during the episode and can't even imagine ever referring to a seizure as a "glitch". Michelle said, "I can't imagine or explain what it's like to get a phone call telling you your child is ill". You bitch! That's all I can say and if I get smacked down for it, then so be it. How can you possibly act like the medical emergencies that seem to constantly beleaguer your family are some inconvenience or about YOU? Kid falls into an orchestra pit while you are elsewhere? Child splits her face open while you are elsewhere? Another kid has a severe allergic reaction and you are elsewhere? Your precious miracle child stop breathing an your daughter makes the 911 call? Josie has a 15 minute seizure and you are NOT there and glibly call it a glitch. Michelle has put all responsibility on Jill and Jana for too long and to act like this is what happens with 19 kids is bull. Stop stumping for political candidates and raise those kids like they are the precious blessings you claim they are. Abandoning parental responsibility at weaning is FUBAR.

I agree 1000 times over. Now what needs to happen....but it never will...

Cancel the show. If the people filming don't know when to draw the line....this is not a news story, I'm quite certain different rules apply to a 'reality show' vs. a breaking news story...the damn show needs to be cancelled. I haven't watched the episode, but from the little I hear, the child could well have died from respiratory arrest...

Call CPS to investigate those poor kids to make sure they are getting proper care.

• Love 4

At one point, the girl's room was shown with bunk beds...I think it was the type where it's the double bed on the bottom and the single on top. Can't remember which episode, but I remember seeing it along with a ladder attached to it. 

As for Jana, I wonder if she's thinking ahead to a scenerio where she agrees to marry a slightly older fundie guy that Jim Bob picks out, maybe a minister or missionary who lives halfway across the country, and then leaves home for good, to only visit on holidays. 

• Love 1

People with seizure disorders can drive, if they have been seizure free for a period of time (which varies by state), and a doctor agrees their seizures are under control.  If a seizure then happens outside of a vehicle, they are to refrain from driving for that period of time.  If the seizure happens while they are driving, their license can be cancelled.  Presumably, they can get it back once the required period of time has passed with no more seizures and the doctor agrees. 

Josie had a seizure, Jana says she has had 3 or 4, James has seen it often enough to recognize what it is. As a parent of an epileptic, I can tell you a seizure disorder diagnosis is 2 or more seizures in your lifetime.  Period.   Regardless of what Michelle wants to call it.   Can Josie go for years between seizures, unmedicated.  Sure, and she can also start having seizures more often.  Jana was on the fire department.... she should have been able to get thru the actual seizure better, and the dispatcher didn't do her job either... Josie on her back at the sink, where she could roll off the counter.  

As for Michelle and Jim Bob.... it doesn't matter where they were.  Josie(regardless of what Jana said), was breathing, and was not dying.  She was most likely seizure free by the time she got to the hospital, and was just sleepy afterwards.  She would have been fine by the time they got there even if it was a few hours later that day.  They knew that....because they know she has a seizure disorder.   Parents of epileptics have a right to leave their house.

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

Did anyone see how many beds are now in the girls' bedroom? There still doesn't seem to be enough for each girl to get their own bed. At least the boys have bunk beds.

I never understood why they never invested in trundle beds. They are very comfortable and easy to stow during the day. It also lets everyone have their own bed without taking up massive amounts of room. 

• Love 2

Is it normal to wait that long to buy baby furniture?

Poor Jenny she really liked and wanted to keep the painting of the horse. Heaven forbid they separate the older and younger girls or even put up a wall or something so the little girls' section or room can look like a little girl's room and the older girls can look like an older girls room. I did like them putting up pictures of the girls even if it seemed weird that some of the pictures were a couple years ago.

Michelle, if your thirteen year old can recognize the signs of a seizure in his five year old sister, their not as infrequent as you claim. Also the director of your show showed more concern then you did. And not one thank you to Jana. That poor girl has been put through so much and has so much responsibility. I feel so bad for her. I feel bad for Josie too. All of her medical emergencies caught on tape and shown to the world, and idiot parents who will ignore any medical problems she does have and not bother to get her the proper treatment she needs if it turns out she really does need it. 

• Love 5

Geez, I wish Jenny could have kept the horse! She's still so little.

The look on Jana's face and the despair in her voice was heartbreaking. Who called the director? I couldn't tell. I'm always fascinated to see when the production crew jumps in on these shows. The Duggars seem quite close with their crew. It made me happy to see Jessa there when Josie got home.

• Love 3

I bet MEchelle didn't even care that josie didn't mention her. Mother of the Year folks.

I can't stand Michelle. But, I do have to say that I watch with captions and Josie did say mama and daddy (at least it was captioned that way). It was slurred together so it sounded like "maaa daddy". She is a little backwards in her speech to begin with and she was exhausted there.

• Love 2

According to google maps, driving time from Chicago to Tonitown is 9 1/2 hours. If my child had a seizure and I couldn't get a flight home that night, I would have been in the car on the road as soon as possible.

This was my exact thought. Even if you ignore that their son has his own plane, the drive was downright short.  Or fly to a nearby airport and drive from there.  But NOTHING would keep me from getting home if my daughter was having a medical emergency.  (Now, if we assume Josie has regular seizures and they know how to deal with them, then I'd say it is a medical incident and not emergency, then the parents can get home when they are able. But the fear in Jana's eyes made me think it was not a common enough occurrence that it wasn't an emergency, because she didn't seem to know exactly what to do, and even if there isn't anything to be done after the fact- if I were a parent, I'd want to get there NOW. And to some extent, to comfort JANA as much as Josie.)

Does anyone know why Jana held Josie over the sink? I know there is a lot of misinformation about dealing with seizures (spoon in the mouth, for instance- don't do it!) I'm wondering what made her  think to put her head suspended like that.

Edited by Skittl1321

I'm am absolutely speechless. Everyone here, in the NICU, keeps saying that "there WILL be a day when you don't jump at every monitor alarm or every germ that crosses your baby's path, but you will never forget how precious and precarious life can be". I kept hearing that in my head during the episode and can't even imagine ever referring to a seizure as a "glitch". Michelle said, "I can't imagine or explain what it's like to get a phone call telling you your child is ill". You bitch! That's all I can say and if I get smacked down for it, then so be it. How can you possibly act like the medical emergencies that seem to constantly beleaguer your family are some inconvenience or about YOU? Kid falls into an orchestra pit while you are elsewhere? Child splits her face open while you are elsewhere? Another kid has a severe allergic reaction and you are elsewhere? Your precious miracle child stop breathing an your daughter makes the 911 call? Josie has a 15 minute seizure and you are NOT there and glibly call it a glitch. Michelle has put all responsibility on Jill and Jana for too long and to act like this is what happens with 19 kids is bull. Stop stumping for political candidates and raise those kids like they are the precious blessings you claim they are. Abandoning parental responsibility at weaning is FUBAR.

Wasn't Josie the one who got caught in the stair railings and michelle was laughing and JB said "It's not funny"? 

I have my doubts they were out of town at all, looked like they just got dressed up and walked in the door.

They're all about modesty but poor Josie was filmed in nothing but her underwear! She is allowed no dignity. 

• Love 5

And now we really know what Jana can't leave home. Maybe never. If Josie has developed epilepsy, then I don't think she'll ever be allowed to drive. Or am I wrong about this? It sounds like Jana won't be able to leave home until Josie is grown up enough to get married. 

My husband has epilepsy. As long as it is controlled, he can drive

• Love 1

Is it normal to wait that long to buy baby furniture? 

Usually not--it can take months to get furniture in once you order it. It depends, though. You can buy some crib models and it doesn't take long, but custom fabric choices can take quite some time.

Usually not--it can take months to get furniture in once you order it. It depends, though. You can buy some crib models and it doesn't take long, but custom fabric choices can take quite some time.

Let's not forget that the producers had to find a baby furniture store and arrange for the exchange of goods for the airtime. That would take a while.
  • Love 1

I'm not convinced that Josie said she was happy to see her daddy but not her mother.  I watched the repeat last night, and it sounded like she mumbled "mommy daddy" and not "my daddy".  It seemed to be more than one syllable said right in front of the word daddy.  Something to pay attention to, I guess, when watching repeats.  Let's face it, Josie does not have particularly clear speech, so she very well could have slurred her words.

• Love 2

Does anyone know why Jana held Josie over the sink? I know there is a lot of misinformation about dealing with seizures (spoon in the mouth, for instance- don't do it!) I'm wondering what made her  think to put her head suspended like that.

I think it was something 911 was telling her to do via Grandma Duggar.  

I noticed that Jana said that Josie was just fine - running around and playing just before this happened.  

Yes, I also as agree Grandma Mary was on phone to 911. Deanna was there. One would think she would've been more hands on in the situation, given her senior status, but I guess its like many have commented, for all intents and purposes, Josie is Jana's kid!

I think it was best that Grandma and Deanna were not more hands-on. Too many people typically try to get involved in an emergency situation when someone is passed out and they crowd the patient instead of giving her/him air, and it often makes the situation more complicated than it needs to be. Jana and Scott were directly attending to Josie until the paramedics came, and I think that's how it should have been. 4 people, including Grandma, hovering over such a small child is not necessary.

Also, I don't think it's appropriate to criticize Jana's response. Most people cannot remain calm/level-headed when they are dealing with a medical emergency. When I was a teen, my father had a cardiac episode. We were the only ones at home. I called 911 and I know none of what I said to the operator made sense - I was a crying mess who couldn't even get words out. I was scared and felt helpless. I imagine that's how Jana felt. I think she did a great job and I hope she knows that.

I can't remember which child called Jana (was it James?), but I thought it was very telling that he immediately recognized that she was having a seizure when she was unresponsive. That tells me that she's had more '3-4' seizures.

I can't watch this show anymore.

• Love 10

10)  I think Jana had Josie at the sink to "tilt her head back" like Grandma said they were instructed to do.

And ... my grand finale observation ... dun dun dun ...

I think Jana should be allowed to move into that room Ben was in,  be given a car, and everyone should leave her alone. Let her go to college or get a job or whatever else she wants to do.

Exactly!!! (I kept ob 10 because I was pretty sure that was the goal - the Duggar grandma on the phone [presumably with 911] seemed to be getting instructions on tilting her head back and that was a solution that came to Jana at the time).

But I have NO IDEA what they did with Benjerman's abandoned room. Why doesn't Jana (and maybe Jinger) move out there??? Yes, they should do whatever they WANT with that room (like paint and tree and a horse on the walls... or not) and give her some SPACE. She certainly needs a little space to figure out what SHE wants from life - not necessarily what the DUGGARS need from her life.

Who's Deanna again?

That's what I though especially when it sounded like Jill was ordering a bunch of stuff. My family and friends always had their nurseries done long before then. I mean what if the stuff doesn't come in time?

• Love 1

No excuses: They should have come home. If they're telling the truth about having been in Chicago, the drive is definitely doable. I travel a lot for work, and If one of my kids had a serious medical situation, you couldn't keep me from heading home immediately. We know MEchelle is checked out, but what about Boob, the "head of the household"? He could have demanded they return right away.

And, Jana, you're the best, but you're 25. Getting excited about painting the room you share with seven little sisters is pathetic. The vast majority of people your age are painting rooms in their own houses or apartments.

• Love 7

At one point, the girl's room was shown with bunk beds...I think it was the type where it's the double bed on the bottom and the single on top. Can't remember which episode, but I remember seeing it along with a ladder attached to it.

I saw those beds also.  I think there was also a trundle bed.

A 13 year old should recognize a seizure without seeing one before.  I surely did when I was babysitting and the toddler had one in the baby pool  

The baby store can tell you if the items you picked are available for immediate shipping or on back order so it's safe to pick something that will be there in a couple of weeks.  The same is true of the custom fabrics.  If the person is really picky then it is better to order several months in advance.  If not so picky, then simply select from what is currently available.  My daughter waited four months for granddaughter's bedding but for her son she went with picking from available stock.  Since Jill waited, she probably just picked from current inventory.  

• Love 2

Most people cannot remain calm/level-headed when they are dealing with a medical emergency

This is true and you really don't know how your going to react until your in an emergency situation. I was surprised which of my family members of mine who are always so calm and level-headed turned out to be no help in an emergency.

• Love 2

A 13 year old should recognize a seizure without seeing one before.  I surely did when I was babysitting and the toddler had one in the baby pool

I'll admit I didn't recognize one when my mother had her first seizure last month and I'm a decade or so older. She had another one a couple weeks later and it was completely different from the first one. The first time my dad was talking to her and turned his back for a second to hand her something and turned back and she was flat on her back.

This was filmed while they were doing that speaking thing with Huckabee about something like homeschooling wasn't it?  I thought we talked about it at the time and they were only gone for about a day.  

The type of seizure Josie had seems to have been of the very easily recognized type.  The ones where people go vacant, seem somewhat off, or just collapse are more difficult unless you've seen it before or have been told what to keep an eye on.  

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that they were in the kitchen when it happened and Jana just hoisted her up onto the nearest surface. Maybe she put her over the sink so she wouldn't bang her head on the floor/counter while she was jerking?

My favorite moment was Josie's totally over it look during the last shot with both parents kissing her. They must have pinched her to remind her that she was supposed to be enjoying it at the last second.

I checked out Anna's midwife, Marsha Jackson. She's a CNM, based out of Alexandria, VA. I feel a lot more comfortable about her labor/delivery than I did with Jill's "Miss Joy" based out of that shack in the middle of the woods. Marsha had it more together than all of the midwives/technicians we've seen before on the show, combined. 

Marsha is her midwife??? That's awesome. They are part of a group called  BirthCare and Women's Health. They are all CNMs, work with back up OBs, have strict rules about qualifying for home births. 

• Love 1

Josie's seizure was really a heart wrenching scene.  I admit my heart was racing and I had tears in my eyes.  Poor Lil Josie and Jana.  It is the most terrifying thing to see anyone in that state, especially a child.  She probably felt Josie's life was in her hands.   Like a fellow poster expressed,  there is no way a parent will be able to be present 100% of the time, BUT in the case of Jimbo and Michelle, it seems that odds are in favor of Josie being with a sister more than with her parents.  I also don't see why they couldn't have taken a kid or 2 with them, but Mr. Buy Used and Save the Difference probably didn't want to spring for extra tickets.  Maybe they need to have that entire family attend a CPR class, or have a drill in what to do when Josie has a seizure.  If they can have a show about the kids learning to install carpets, etc., then they could actually learn something that would be more helpful, such as a CPR class.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6

Considering the way TL C exposes the adult patients on My 600 lb. Life totally naked, showed the Gosselin and Hamill children on the potty, and repeatedly allows Will Klein's (who is 5 years old) diaper to be visable, it does not surprise me at all that they would exploit Josie by showing her in her underwear. Based on the TL C exploitation scale, Josie in her underwear is tame.

I agree that this is normal TLC and that children in their underwear isn't high on the exploitation scale. I don't have a problem with little kids running around in their underwear or diapers in normal life.

I think what makes this particularly unsavory to me is that she was in a medically vulnerable position and, like another poster noted, Michelle tried to keep her shoulders from being exposed on camera during Jill's wedding. Then we have the pregnant women in the family covering up during their ultrasounds and the old fashion swimwear.  The lack of privacy given to Josie was disturbing to me. They had the footage but I don't think it was necessary to show it in the way they did and how they did it. Normally I wouldn't think twice, but with this family it made me furious. It was what about 6 minutes of episode footage that could have been presented in a better way not shoehorned at the end of the episode. 

Then they brushed the seizure off, like Josie is 100% back to normal!!! Loving family reunion. Your child had to have a CAT Scan to ensure there wasn't any brain injury, it was a big deal. I'm unfamiliar with seizures or seizure disorders but it looked awful. Michelle and Jim Bob full on sauntered in the house as if it was a normal return home. If this is a semi-frequent occurrence acknowledge it. If you don't, you look like shitty parents who were somewhat inconvenienced by something that shook the rest of your family to their cores. Or show them getting an update from Jana at the hospital.  

Edited by Cocka doodle dont
  • Love 3

Refresh my memory...what was the episode where Jana and Jill had to handle another medical emergency for Josie, and Jim Bob and Michelle were out of the country at that time, in El Salvador? I'm wondering how long ago that was.

While I agree that parents of children with epilepsy are certainly allowed to leave the house, my humble opinion is that it's wrong for Jim Bob and Michelle to go away from home overnight many times throughout the year and expect your daughters and their grandmother to care for her in your absence. If she's your precious Miracle child, then take her with you on these trips so that you can be the one to handle the emergency..not Grandma, not your daughter, or the producer of the show. 

• Love 2

Carol MK, it was Duggar Kids to the Rescue. I think Josie was 1ish.

I agree that the girls should be divided so that they can have age appropriate rooms. I don't want Jana where Ben was because I thought I read that it was in the warehouse and that it was rat infested and lacked air conditioning. Did it even have a bathroom?

I think Jana should be able to have her own space in that house.  I was fine with the room redo because they won't redo it for a long time - the room was that way for about nine years? I'm sure the girls loved it when they first moved into it and slowly came to hate that decor.  I did feel bad that Jenny lost the horse. Jana sure loved painting it over though.    

• Love 1