Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E16: The Big Beef At The Royal Diner

WendyCR72

The body of a popular TV celebrity chef are discovered at a local park, and the Jeffersonian team must search for clues in local restaurants that he had been reviewing. When evidence points to the Royal Diner, Brennan and Booth’s favorite eatery, the two must risk their status as favored patrons by questioning the staff. Meanwhile, Hodgins sells his new invention for millions and Brennan creates an anatomically correct song to help Christine learn about the bones in the human body.
(edited)

It's nice that Hodgins and Angela are now rich again, but when they did have money, it didn't seem to matter.  I don't think they mentioned it much and they had no inclination to quit their jobs.  I think the only time it was a focus (except when Pelant took it all) was when Angela was thinking of quitting and Hodgins told her that she didn't have to work--she could just quit and paint full-time if she wanted (if I remember correctly).

I thought that some labs have (or they used to have) cork floors to keep beakers and such from breaking when dropped.  I know I read about that somewhere once.  I wonder what other uses this new material will have.

Christine is annoying now that she's becoming more of a featured character, but I feel sorry for her.  It would be tough being pulled between your fun dad and your science-minded serious mom. 

Edited by BooksRule

I actually enjoyed this episode. It wasn't a classic by any means, but it was pleasant.

• I like Clark, especially now that he has come out of his shell and become more friendly. Although I find Christine annoying, and Bones' insistance on creating a realistic bone song was irritating, I loved what Clark came up with -- and that he participated.
  • I'm glad TPTB didn't drop the storyline with Arastoo.
  • I am both glad that Hodgins made some money AND that Cam was so happy for him. He's the Cantilever Group, which funds the Jeffersonian, so the Jeffersonian will get the money back anyway!
  • I'm glad they didn't dwell on Booth's gambling. I know they showed that he's happy when he wins, and I know he'll probably be an ass in the next episode because he loses. But it was easy enough to ignore in this episode.
  • Aubrey's eating cracks me up. I wonder how the actor feels about it, particularly since they may have shoot each scene half a dozen times to get all the angles (or more, if they're screwing something up).
  • I find Booth and Bones (and family) to be the weakest, most annoying part of the episode, but that rap at the end was a fun family moment.
  • A little bit of trivia -- the actor who played the cook/owner at the cafe? You should hear him sing opera! Amazing pipes.
  • Love 1

I was actually amused when Booth and Christine started singing the bones song because I knew Bones was going to flip out about it. That was pretty true to her character.

My husband and I both found it strange how often the characters used each others first names. Hodgins said Camille, Bones said Clark and Cam, Clark said Tem...perance. I wondered if it was a new writer.

I hate the gambling story but I imagine Booth's snittiness about Bones questioning the necklace could have been representative of the actual behavior of an addict.

They better not kill off Arastoo dammit.

I can hardly stand to watch this show anymore, Booth and Bones are beyond annoying, and in real life, no one would like them as friends. 

• Love 2

I guess I'm the only one not hating the gambling plot line.  I feel it's realistic and I like to see Booth and Brennan be not perfect b/c they are both such smug asses these days.   Mainly, I'm grateful for some drama that features their relationship so I'm hoping that pans out.  I don't like watching The Odd Couple with the two of them as roomies...where's the love man?

I will hate it if it breaks them up, but a little shake-up could be good if it breaks this asexual, no chemistry crap they have going on. 

• Love 1

I guess I'm the only one not hating the gambling plot line.  I feel it's realistic and I like to see Booth and Brennan be not perfect b/c they are both such smug asses these days.   Mainly, I'm grateful for some drama that features their relationship so I'm hoping that pans out.  I don't like watching The Odd Couple with the two of them as roomies...where's the love man?

I will hate it if it breaks them up, but a little shake-up could be good if it breaks this asexual, no chemistry crap they have going on. 

It may be realistic, but I'd hate for it to ruin things entirely.

Fair point. Maybe it won't break them up, but maybe it'll wake them up ;).

• Love 1