Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Troll

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Special Agent Ned Dorneget from NCIS cyber operations assists the team when a Navy ensign who worked in the Office of Naval Intelligence is murdered. Also, the team discovers that Jake and Gibbs have become good friends.

Pretty good episode so far. But I'm up to a point in the episode where the picture is screwed up O_o. Got a cap of it via my 3ds camera. Part of one of the characters heads is cut off and the other part is below. Anyone else running into this issue?

Sorry, I didn't have any picture issues.

Damn, that was a good episode.

Ah. My mom watched it too and didn't run into any picture issues either. So it seems as if it's limited to my tv. Going to have the wiring and grounding checked out. I'd hate for my tv to get screwed up :(.

Yea it's really good.

YESSSSSSS, an "Elf Lord" reference and now Dorneget is Dragon Priest. Love it.

"You want my opinion? Your job sucks." Oh Gibbs, ever to the point.

I am trying to care about the Bishop's relationship, because I feel like it's realistic that these changes to their lives and jobs could really throw off their communication but gah... it's so boring. How long has she been an NCIS agent now? And they still haven't talked about this yet?

This was a good episode all around, but poor Gibbs (and Tony) were blown up again. Poor guys.

I need a 24-hr pie restaurant nearby stat, please.

• Love 5

Thank you.  They are so snoresville.  I can't buy this friendship with Gibbs b/c I can't figure out why anyone would want to hang out with either one of them.

Well, yeah, maybe professionally? But if you look at Gibbs pere, Nice was very prized where he grew up, Shannon was nothing if not Nice, and his subsequent psycho ex-wives were nothing if not not-Shannon, I've always thought so he wouldn't feel as if he was being unfaithful. I think Gibbs has a secret soft spot for Nice.

Actually, I think it's part of the ongoing effort to get viewers to accept the character, but I can fanwank it to my satisfaction.

I actually like the idea of Gibbs stepping out of his comfort zone and befriend someone nobody would expect him to befriend (it helps that I also like Jamie Bamber). The Bishop drama here felt forced. He was doing his job - she was doing hers and I hated her trying to guilt him into something he wasn't supposed to do by bringing up a traumatic experience she had hidden from him before. Your PTSD is not a trump card. I wonder if he'll get into trouble with the NSA or if they will drop that storyline. There are still lots of open questions so I'll reserve final judgement for part 2.

'Elf Lord' and 'Dragon Priest' were hilarious.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 5

When did "Dorney" become so super amazing at computers that McGee defers to him?

Didn't he originally come from the computer division? And he did refer to his assignment since we last saw him, as ramping up his skills.

And he so quickly, IMO, got reintegratred into the team-even getting a nickname from Gibbs.

but: After hearing/reading about the coming "sad loss for the team", is it too obvious that it will be Dornegen (perhaps a red herring??)

or maybe Jake...

Sadly, if someone has to die, I'd rather it be one of them than anyone of the "regulars".

• Love 1
Sadly, if someone has to die, I'd rather it be one of them than anyone of the "regulars".

I love Dorney but rather lose him than the main cast.  Looks like he'll be getting a few moments in the next episode so if he does bite the dust, we might learn a little more about him before hand.

The ending of this episode had my full attention.  The entire internet recruitment storyline does.  I was fine with the Bishops drama, but I was mostly focused on the case for a change.

I actually like the idea of Gibbs stepping out of his comfort zone and befriend someone nobody would expect him to befriend (it helps that I also like Jamie Bamber).

I feel like poor Jake finally got a taste of Gibbs in charge, instead of racquetball buddy Gibbs or coffee shop buddy Gibbs. That moment when Gibbs yelled at him that Jake's job sucks, the look on Jake's face was priceless. Like, "Whoa, I thought we were friends, where's this coming from?" Heee.

I hope this episode ended the Bishop family drama. I thought Bishop was being unreasonable, though I understand some of her behavior is probably stemming from her anxiety because of the shooting. Still, her husband was right; she should have told him. That is completely separate from their issues with one another's work. And I really don't need relationship drama from them. I'd like one couple to be stable, please! So her admitting that they should talk more later was a good thing, and I was glad to see it resolved in that way.

This was a good episode all around, but poor Gibbs (and Tony) were blown up again. Poor guys.

Poor Gibbs and Tony - no more concussions for either of them!   :)

Good to see Dorney back, and I loved the return to the "Elf Lord" reference.

• Love 4

I like Dorney, but I don't want McGee, Tony Abby or Gibbs to be the one that's a goner. Not sure about either Bishop. Agree that they are kind of boring. And I tried to like Bishop, but she's no Ziva or Kate, sorry to say.

I wouldn't miss Bishop, but they've worked too hard at making her happen to let her be the one who goes. Besides, in my own shabby self-interest, while she's never going to be a favorite, the way they dialed back the snowflake and made her a recognizable adult human was pretty much what I'd like producers to look at as a successful way to handle a creator's pet. Somehow they managed to resist the urge to make her even!more!awesome!, and I think they should get a win for that.

ETA: Wow, MyAimIsTrue. Jinx.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Someone is going to die? Great. No more deaths damn it!

I thought Bishop was being unreasonable with what she wanted from Jake. If he asked the same from her, she would have said no and Gibbs would have told him to go away. I hate how NCIS is the greatest agency ever and everyone else sucks.

Did not expect the kid to die. How sad that people actually manipulate lost kids to do their dirty work.

• Love 3

I hate how NCIS is the greatest agency ever and everyone else sucks.

Plus can you really imagine NSA playing nice with anyone - particularly the Navy agency (I assume only the Coast guard would be lower in th pecking order)

• Love 2

Poor Dorni's gonna get Pacci'd! Me no like.

At least with Pacci, I didn't see it coming.

As long as Dorney is going and not being groomed to replaced McGee because HE goes, I'll be happy. DOn't care at all about Dorney.

I was more upset at the loss of that agent the asian chick killed.

Gibbes isn't supposed to get blown up anymore. After the last concussion and coma, wasn't he told that the next explosion could kill him? I was on the edge of my seat at the end of this episode saying "GET OFF THE BUS!" over and over.

• Love 1

I'm kind of hesitant to put this out there, because I like the character and the actor, but I'm wondering if they're going to fridge Jake. It just seems odd that they're all of a sudden shoehorning Bishop's husband into what's already a fairly plotty end-of-season arc, and really odd that they're showing wonder girl Bishop being irrational and abusive to her husband. I don't really see the point, unless it's to give her something to regret when he's gone. Which, of course, his new super secret BFF Gibbs (also grieving) can help her with, because he knows about loss.

I hope I'm being paranoid, but Dorney dying isn't going to change much, and they really do like killing love interests on this show.

I really hope they don't kill Jake-- for one because all of Jamie Bamber's characters seem to die and two, Gibbs and Vance have already lost spouses, so we don't need Bishop to lose her husband. Though TPTB would probably think they are turning everything on their head by killing the husband this time. *rolls eyes*

• Love 3

I really hope they don't kill Jake-- for one because all of Jamie Bamber's characters seem to die and two, Gibbs and Vance have already lost spouses, so we don't need Bishop to lose her husband. Though TPTB would probably think they are turning everything on their head by killing the husband this time. *rolls eyes*

Yeah and they've been anvilling Bishop's worries about things she might have to do if she goes undercover.

Of course, as we've all agreed, the show needs to stop killing people off as a way to create drama. Prior to this show, I'd never even heard of NCIS, and now it's the most dangerous branch of goverment servce to even be peripherally associated with. I hope when the agents go out, they put those Seals and Rangers in their proper place! Even the spouses should have more "street cred" than the Marines!

Seriously though.. It's not ER for pete's sake!  DEATH, and the threat of it, shouldn't need to be the only form of drama the writers can come up with. If Aaron Sorkin can create great drama about something as tedious as legislation being passed, the writers of THIS show ought to be able to pen something  interesting and exciting out of the show's basic premise... crimes involving the navy, its property and its personel. They aren't Homeland Security, they aren't the only agents in the building, and they certainly aren't the only people in the world to center a case around!

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 3

Pretty good episode so far. But I'm up to a point in the episode where the picture is screwed up O_o. Got a cap of it via my 3ds camera. Part of one of the characters heads is cut off and the other part is below. Anyone else running into this issue?

I had troubles with my feed as well. It has been happening a lot this week with my cable provider.

As for who is going to die - I have a very different take on it. As soon as Gibbs thanked Jimmy, and then Abby hammered the point, I decided it was Jimmy. Sweet, awkward, new father Jimmy. Of all the others mentioned - I think his would be the most emotion laden death (at least from my perspective).

Edited by clanstarling

As for who is going to die - I have a very different take on it. As soon as Gibbs thanked Jimmy, and then Abby hammered the point, I decided it was Jimmy. Sweet, awkward, new father Jimmy. Of all the others mentioned - I think his would be the most emotion laden death (at least from my perspective).

That would kill me. (And I think I'd be pretty pissed off.)

• Love 1

I had troubles with my feed as well. It has been happening a lot this week with my cable provider.

Strange. Who do you go through? I go through AT&T Uverse.

Damn no! He's in the same league as Ducky! ;_;

• Love 1

Now this whole killing off thing has turned into a guessing game, I hate it...these writers are insane to mess with the number one show this way :(

I would love it if the "loss" turned out to be a put-on, like the last episode of

Leverage

• Love 2

I still think it's Dornie.

Total speculation on my part, but I can see Glasberg reaching out to Matt Jones to see if he was available for a guest gig.  With Roscoe wanting to live with Baxter (played by Matt Jones) on Mom, I think Gary realized that Dorrneget was likely done as a character.

It may sound wild, but I envision a scenario where Chuck Lorre (creator of Mom) worked out some agreement with Gary to "borrow" Matt (since both Mom and NCIS are on CBS), and this is how Gary's deciding to close out the character.

Gary could given Dorrnegaut a transfer, but I think that Gary's taking the long view here.  NCIS has probably 1-2 more years tops after this one.  Mom is doing well for CBS with no signs of stopping, and Gary may be thinking that this will be his one shot to tell Dornie's narrative.  I do think that Gary had a narrative to tell with Dornie, part of which was that Ned is gay.   However, plans changed when Matt got Mom.  Gary probably doesn't have time to get into what he had planned, and Ned's sexual orientation might not be mentioned again, but I think Gary wants to finish Ned's story in some way.

Anyway, that's my own theory with my own long view that if any of it is true, maybe Chuck might let NCIS "borrow" Alllison Janney for one episode.  (I'm eternally hopeful that could happen.)

I'll be surprised and sad if it's Jimmy, and it better as heck NOT be Fornell!

maybe Chuck might let NCIS "borrow" Alllison Janney for one episode.  (I'm eternally hopeful that could happen.)

I've been hoping this would happen for awhile.  Mark Harmon and Allison Janney worked together on The West Wing, and she's Michael Weatherly's second cousin or something.  They're on the same network, and there are also several hundred reasons why she should guest on the show, most important of those reasons is because she's awesome.  

• Love 2

the sad boy on the bus broke my heart so very much. I don't have children, but certainly have children in my life I love dearly - the thought of one of them being manipulated so egregiously makes me want to vomit (whether as a terrorist or a cyberbully or victim or even something stupid).

The Elf Lord was a highlight.