Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Lying in Wait (Greenville, OH)

Sad case. The image of those two young boys walking in and finding their mother that way is almost too horrible to imagine, and they are clearly still suffering from that trauma to this day.

The evidence against the ex-husband certainly seemed compelling. I thought it was especially telling that the cops were so uncomfortable with the guy's demeanor and behavior that they didn't even want to step on his property simply to question him, at least not without a full swat team at their back from the sound of it. Yikes.

• Love 4

The ex certainly looks guilty. The problem with this show now is that several cases they have profiled are coming under scrutiny for pre-trial publicity, and maybe that's why there are no more "gotcha" resolutions.

• Love 1

Aww, how nice that Det. Fell got the call up to the Bigs! Small town boy makes good!

I find myself wondering about the time limit the show seems to place on each case. One week and then out, right? I'd be interested to learn what's up with that. Which is not to say that there's anything to do once the case gets 'solved' and is ready for prosecution presentation/take-over, but cramming over 90 interviews into a single week seems like a recipe for missing something.

The ex certainly looks guilty. The problem with this show now is that several cases they have profiled are coming under scrutiny for pre-trial publicity, and maybe that's why there are no more "gotcha" resolutions.

I've often wondered how shows like this approach that problem from a legal perspective. While obviously I watch the show and find it interesting and informative, I do wonder how they get away with putting out so much negative information on national television about private citizens who, while they may be very compelling suspects, have not been charged with a crime. Names, photos, the towns and cities they live in, often images of their home, workplace and vehicles, information about their private lives...all aired on national television often before the local DA has even made a decision about whether to proceed with an arrest. *Technically* I suppose it's all public information, but I do wonder if they're concerned about driving some of the suspects into hiding by airing the shows before an arrest has been made. I also wonder if they're concerned about the suspects whose cases do not result in an arrest coming back at the show with defamation lawsuits. I don't know if such a suit would have any real merit, but I'm betting sooner or later someone's going to get pissed off enough to try. I would love to know more about the legalities involved in making a show like this.

• Love 2