Type keyword(s) to search

Fast Food Ads

• Start Topic

I am really disliking the new Hardees/Carl's ad campaign with the goofy manager, although I have to admit I chuckled at him disguising himself as a microwave and yelling "Traitor! Meat need heat!" at the guy trying to nuke them.

• Love 1
On 5/26/2015 at 5:56 AM, BW Manilowe said:

I think it's cheese made with some kind of beer. I've seen it on other restaurant menus.

Bier kaese. It's a German thing. And it's goooood. 

26 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

There's a new KFC Colonel doing a Rudy themed commercial but not sure who it is.

It's Sean Astin.  The guy who played Rudy in the movie.  The real Rudy (who made a cameo in the movie) is also in a longer version of the commercial.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2019 at 7:38 PM, Browncoat said:

Hardee's has an ad out that ends with the phrase, "Yippee ki yay".  I always expect "motherfucker" to follow that.

Me too! I mentally add "motherfucker" every time I see that ad. And by "mentally," I totally mean "say out loud."

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Ugh, the KFC vomit bowl is back.

Ugh. I saw that the  other day and said to the mister, "That looks  disgusting. "

I wouldn't  eat that shit even if I wasn't vegetarian.  ::shudder::

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Ashforth said:

Ugh, the KFC vomit bowl is back.

Ohhhhhhhh!  I never saw the vomit bowl when people were talking about it before, but when I started seeing the ads recently, I thought they looked unappealing.  Now I know what people are talking about!  But to be honest, I don't think they look like a bad start for a decent bowl.  With less mashed potato, less gravy, and more other stuff, it would probably be good.

2 hours ago, janie jones said:

Ohhhhhhhh!  I never saw the vomit bowl when people were talking about it before, but when I started seeing the ads recently, I thought they looked unappealing.  Now I know what people are talking about!  But to be honest, I don't think they look like a bad start for a decent bowl.  With less mashed potato, less gravy, and more other stuff, it would probably be good.

I imagine, if properly made, it would be reminiscent of some sort of a chicken sheppard's pie, but not the way it appears in the commercials.

7 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

I heard my first ad for McDonald's fish sandwich, so I know Lent is coming.  

And that means Shamrock Shakes are coming soon!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I imagine, if properly made, it would be reminiscent of some sort of a chicken sheppard's pie, but not the way it appears in the commercials.

And that means Shamrock Shakes are coming soon!

I need to clean my glasses. I read that as Shamrock Snakes are coming soon!  Which, if you think about it, is probably appropriate.

• LOL 9

Has anyone else seen the newest offer from KFC, the Donuts and Chicken one? You can get a doughnut/fried chicken combo or... as a sandwich, with two doughnuts as the bread.

Now, I have enjoyed a doughnut with fried chicken, if I didn't have a waffle available, but I thought it was just my own kinda weird but tasty combination. Didn't know it was a thing, and might try their version just to taste the doughnut.

But for them to make it into a chicken sandwich.... I will just be glad when this craze plays out.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Sonic has kicked comedians T.J. Jagodowski and Peter Grosz to the curb. Now there are random people in cars talking over each other about cones and burgers.

TBH, I never knew they're comedians,  but I did notice their absence. 

• LOL 4
On 3/7/2020 at 10:50 PM, mmecorday said:

Sonic has kicked comedians T.J. Jagodowski and Peter Grosz to the curb. Now there are random people in cars talking over each other about cones and burgers.

I just saw the one with the couple where the wife is eating a cone and she won't let the husband have a taste.  Why didn't he get his own cone??  Anyway, I was tired of those other two guys anyway.  I never found their humor funny.  Maybe they are better uncensored?

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 3:20 PM, Bees52 said:

Has anyone else seen the newest offer from KFC, the Donuts and Chicken one? You can get a doughnut/fried chicken combo or... as a sandwich, with two doughnuts as the bread.

I have observed that Wendy's chicken breakfast sandwich reminds me of chicken and waffles, but I'm not sure if it's the croissant or biscuit sandwich. I've ordered the former but it looks more like the latter.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 4:43 PM, BigBingerBro said:

I just saw the one with the couple where the wife is eating a cone and she won't let the husband have a taste.  Why didn't he get his own cone??  Anyway, I was tired of those other two guys anyway.  I never found their humor funny.  Maybe they are better uncensored?

I saw one in which a carful of women and a man who might be related are riffing the way they pronounce "chocolate". I kinda miss the two guys now.

• Love 6
On 3/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, Bees52 said:

Now, I have enjoyed a doughnut with fried chicken, if I didn't have a waffle available, but I thought it was just my own kinda weird but tasty combination. Didn't know it was a thing, and might try their version just to taste the doughnut.

But for them to make it into a chicken sandwich.... I will just be glad when this craze plays out.

The thought of  that makes me hurl. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Burger King keeps pushing their 8 nuggets for $1 deal, which frankly horrifies me...I mean, just what kind of "meat" is involved to make nuggets that cheap??

Have you tried them?  You'd know the answer.....

The only thing I like them for is to order their side salad, dice them up, and cover with salad dressing (the balsamic is good).

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 11:15 AM, janie jones said:

I get nervous when food on my plates touches each other, so you can probably guess how I feel about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ubiquit0us said:

Is this for real?

When is a commercial not just a commercial? Fast food brand KFC and Lifetime answered that question on Monday with news of a project called A Recipe for Seduction, a parody short film done in the spirit of the network’s soapy thrillers—with Mario Lopez as Colonel Harland Sanders.

A trailer for the “film,” which debuts Sunday at 12 p.m. ET on Lifetime, shows Lopez playing a sexy version of the famed mascot who runs afoul of nefarious, high-class elitists who want to steal his fried chicken recipe. In a press release announcing the project, KFC described A Recipe for Seduction as filled with “mystery, suspense, deception, ‘fowl’ play and—at the heart of it all—love and fried chicken.”

“We know what audiences love about Lifetime movies, so our creative team took the lead on scripting the story to make sure it had the same sensibilities and struck all the beats of a Lifetime Original movie—from romance to drama to intrigue,” David DeSocio, executive VP of ad sales marketing and partnerships at A+E Networks, which owns Lifetime, said in an interview. “Then KFC added their brand elements and the cast brought it all to life.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, janie jones said:

That KFC thing his hilarious. I'd watch it. And then...resume never eating KFC.

I find this commercial very unsettling and threatening:

I drove by a Carl's Jr. the other day, and seeing the sign gave me the creeps.

The only thing I find scary about that is what it would do to my arteries.

• LOL 4

There's a commercial on now for McDonalds where the Dad asks the family "who wants McDonalds" and all the kids (seemed like dozens of them!!) are yelling out their requests.  I've nothing for or against the commercial as a commercial but every time I see it I rejoice that my kids are now adults and I don't have that kind of pandemonium in my house anymore!

• Love 5
On 3/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, mmecorday said:

Sonic has kicked comedians T.J. Jagodowski and Peter Grosz to the curb. 

I don’t know which one is the dark haired one but he was a recurring character on Veep with an incredibly dirty mind and foul mouth.  To me that makes it funny to see him playing a “regular” guy in these commercials. 

14 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

I recently went to Popeye's and saw some signage for some sort of named hot sauce but had no idea who or what that was, until I saw their new commercials with a nasty-looking Cardi B clone. 🤢

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qTJw/popeyes-hottie-sauce-wild-megan-hottie-sauce-ft-megan-thee-stallion

Thanks for reminding me to pass by Popeye's if I'm ever looking for fast food.  Also, those nails!  What is the purpose of having pointed fake claws?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Thanks for reminding me to pass by Popeye's if I'm ever looking for fast food.  Also, those nails!  What is the purpose of having pointed fake claws?

Nasty bacteria traps. There used to be Dairy Queen near us and there was a woman working there with those nails. I would pick up lunch for my DH there but I couldn't bring myself to eat anything there because of her disgusting nails.

19 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I recently went to Popeye's and saw some signage for some sort of named hot sauce but had no idea who or what that was, until I saw their new commercials with a nasty-looking Cardi B clone. 🤢

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/qTJw/popeyes-hottie-sauce-wild-megan-hottie-sauce-ft-megan-thee-stallion

I'm mad at Popeye's for getting rid of Cajun Rice, which was the main reason I went there (Arby's recently got rid of potato cakes, the main reason I went there).

On 11/15/2021 at 2:28 PM, peacheslatour said:

Nasty bacteria traps. There used to be Dairy Queen near us and there was a woman working there with those nails. I would pick up lunch for my DH there but I couldn't bring myself to eat anything there because of her disgusting nails.

Megan Thee Stallion.    I was grossed out by the nails too, but I guess she could spear the nuggets with them.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I'm a sucker for Wendy's french fries. I'm seeing ads that they're new and improved crispier. I may have to give them a try.

They're pretty damn good. I had some today.

1 minute ago, CrystalBlue said:

Her special sauce she promoting must taste rancid just like she looks.

Aside from being grossed out by long nails, what about her looks rancid? I think she's very pretty. 

• Love 2
On 10/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, BusyOctober said:

What in the HELL is up with the new McDonald’s ad for “adult” Happy Meals?? I kinda get the nostalgia factor and the continuing infantilism of 20-30-40 something’s.  “Yay! I can relive my youth with my beloved McNuggets!” (because you couldn’t order them before they were packaged in a folded box I guess?)

WHY for the love of Mayor McCheese do the characters have 2 sets of eyes?? 

Why is the box labeled ‘Cactus Plant Flea Market’???  Whaaa? 

Are they marketing these Happy Meals to people driving home from their local dispensary? Or for the Burning Man after party? 

I read an article about before the commercials started to air and ‘Cactus Plant Flea Market’ is making the "prizes". Apparently they make weird shot like dolls with four eyes on them. They don't appeal to me at all.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2