Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: The Fallen

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Interestingly enough, her plan could have worked.  Oliver does his speech about OBEY ME and promises to return and they let him go and as far as we could see, didn't even have someone tracking him.  The plane was a mile away.  Conceivably they could have reached the plane and got out there.  We saw no signs of horses or motorized vehicles and they had a big head start.  (Logic would be for the LoA to have people at the plane but that didn't happen as far as we know)

They all say that the LoA would find them but Malcolm managed to hide for a couple years and that included a bunch a trips back to his hometown.   IF they'd actually tried to run, maybe they could have stayed hidden until they came up with a way to get rid of the League. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Interestingly enough, her plan could have worked.  Oliver does his speech about OBEY ME and promises to return and they let him go and as far as we could see, didn't even have someone tracking him.  The plane was a mile away.  Conceivably they could have reached the plane and got out there.  We saw no signs of horses or motorized vehicles and they had a big head start.  (Logic would be for the LoA to have people at the plane but that didn't happen as far as we know)

They all say that the LoA would find them but Malcolm managed to hide for a couple years and that included a bunch a trips back to his hometown.   IF they'd actually tried to run, maybe they could have stayed hidden until they came up with a way to get rid of the League. 

That actually would have made for a more interesting last few episodes. They could have Teamed up with Nyssa, Tatsu and (potentially) Argus to throw over Ra's and put Nyssa in charge. Maseo could have been their inside man. 

• Love 4

Sorry, just gonna say that although they never really made it definite what almost killed Thea. Hypoxemia or the lack of oxygen heavily contributed to TQ's inability to maintain life, thus requiring the LP.

On rewatch tonight, I heard the MD asked OQ how long she had been without oxygen and he said he didn't know about 20mins. That means her brain was not getting proper oxygenation and brain cells were actively dying. The greater the time the brain is without oxygenated blood, the greater the chances the patient will never regain consciousness. Even if her body healed from all the other wounds and she was given copious amounts of meds & blood she would likely never be able to breath, eat, talk or even wake up on her own. Her heart may beat & her lungs may expand/contract but everything else about her is essentially gone.

True about brain cells dying from lack of oxygen  (A doctor once told me that if it's a choice between pumping the heart or blowing O2 in, replace the oxygen.)

But how would Oliver know how long Thea had been deprived of oxygen?  He wasn't there when Ra's stabbed her, and even after that she was still breathing.  So even if there were a handy dandy clock broken at the exact time of the stabbling, he still wouldn't know how long she'd been without oxygen.

True which is why when most people are found down from injuries like that the outcomes are not good. The world could really use a lp, so long as side effects are not too bad. Perhaps he had looked at his phone from the last time she called him. Or maybe it was just an estimate on his part. Either way oxygen deprivation played a significant reason in why her life was not sustainable without machines.

Just watched this again (no not for the sex scene you dirty minded people!) and OMG Ra's was the biggest Olicity shipper there ever was!!!!! He was all "Tell Oliver you love him Felicity. Go bang Oliver Felicity!"

• Love 2
(edited)

Personally I think Ra's was both being self indulgent by pretending he was still someone he'd stopped being a century ago and was pouring salt on the wounds.  

I mean his sad story about leaving without saying goodbye to save his loved one's lives quickly becomes meaningless when we later learn that he went back and destroyed the entire city.  And having Felicity tell Oliver she loved him IMO was in part about Ra's being able to savor another layer of what he was stealing from Oliver.  Knowing he'd lost even more by leaving behind his life in Star City wasn't a kindness.  And then on top of it all, that Ra's could let Felicity rail and threaten him and he responds with telling her to run along and make the most of the time you have left was just a power play.  Nothing she said had any meaning to him. It wasn't worth him getting upset over.  He held all the cards.  

Of course had he really known Felicity he would have realized that she was more willing to do the unexpected than he could possibly have known and that she could both profess her love and work to find a way to save Oliver.  SO CLOSE!!

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Between 319 and 320, Laurel crossed over to The Flash to get her new sonic collar from Cisco. Therefore, I'm posting my transcriptions from both that Flash episode and this episode...

The Flash 119 (Who Is Harrison Wells?) – When Joe West and Cisco Ramon visit Starling City, Laurel reveals to Cisco that she’s the Black Canary, enjoys his fanboy response, and then asks Cisco to fix Sara’s sonic device:
Laurel: “Cisco!”
Cisco: “Laurel. Hey. Uh, we’re just about to head back to Central City.”
Laurel: “Were you able to make that item?”
Cisco: “I think this will do the trick. (Opens up metal case containing a new metal collar embedded with the sonic device) I bumped up the specs, quadrupled the range, tripled the resonance. Should be able to do some serious damage with this thing."
Laurel: “I can’t believe you were able to make it so quickly.” (Closes case)
Cicso: “Heh. I’ve had some practice with sound waves recently. I think you should call it the Canary Cry.”
Laurel: “I like it. Thank you. As promised. (Hands over file) Hey, you show this to anyone, I’ll kill you.”
Cisco (smiling uncertainly): “It’s just an expression… right?”
Laurel: “Nope.” (Walks away)

320 (The Fallen) – No Oliver Queen voiceover intro.

320 (The Fallen) – Diggle and Felicity go to see Oliver, who's at the hospital after receiving Thea’s prognosis:
Felicity: "Oh, my God. Oliver!"
Diggle: "Oliver, we came as soon as we could. What happened?"
Felicity: "Oliver."
Oliver: ""They just left her there. To die."
Diggle: "Oliver, is - is she?"
Oliver: "It's bad." (Sees something through hospital window and stands up)
Felicity: "What is it?"
Oliver: "Smoke."
Diggle: "The League? Screw 'em. At least until we get our bearings, Oliver. Come up with a plan."
Oliver: "He's won. There is no plan. Stay here with Thea."

320 (The Fallen) – Oliver tells Felicity and Diggle of his plan to heal Thea in the Lazarus Pit in exchange for becoming Ra’s al Ghul’s heir:
Felicity: "Oliver, what's going on?"
Diggle: "Oliver, where are you going?"
Oliver: "Away."
Felicity: "You can't just leave like this. You have to tell us what's happening."
Oliver: "There's a way for me to save her."
Felicity: "Thea? Come on, Oliver, that's not possible."
Malcolm: "Yes, it is. There are waters in Nanda Parbat. They've permitted Ra's to live for over a hundred years. And in rare instances, told in legend, those waters have been used to restore the dead to life. He offered to use the Lazarus Pit on Thea, didn't he?"
Diggle: "Lazarus, as in from the Bible, Lazarus?"
Oliver: "The Pit's real. I've seen it. It can save Thea."
Diggle: "Right. But only if you become the new Ra's."
Felicity: "Okay. Well, even if a magic hot tub were not crazy talk, we're not going to let you go and join the League of Psychotic Murderers, even if it is to save Thea."
Malcolm: "Which this wouldn't. The waters change a person. In the soul. Even if they work, the Thea you get back will not be the one you lost."
Oliver: "The one we lost because of you."
Felicity: "Oliver -"
Oliver: "I'd prefer that we didn't do our usual 'please don't go' dance."
Felicity: "We're not going to. Because I'm coming with you. Assuming that this works, someone's going to need to bring Thea back home."
Oliver: "We need a way to get to Nanda Parbat."
C9-CA8HUwAAtRqr.jpg

C9-CA9OUQAAUlfn.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – Felicity goes to borrow a jet from Ray, and they break up because Ray realizes that she loves Oliver:
Felicity: "Sorry to interrupt."
Ray: "Everything all right? 'Cause you got that crease between your eyebrows that tells me things most definitely are not."
Felicity: "Something awful has happened. And I - I need a favor. A really big favor."
Ray: "Last time you asked me for a big favor, I had to loan you my helicopter."
Felicity: "Don't need your helicopter. I need your jet. Well, Oliver does, but both of us. It's not what you think."
Ray: "Well, if you're going to fly away with him, then... it's exactly what I think."
Felicity: "Ray."
Ray: "Last night was a bit of an eye-opener. Insofar as realizing something I should have realized a long time ago... can be considered eye-opening. Last night, when you were saying good-bye to Roy, you and Oliver... (Sighs) You still have feelings for him. When I... told you that I loved you at the hospital, you responded with Jell-O. Seeing you two together last night, I realized... you don't love me because you're in love with him."
Felicity: "I'm sorry. You're the last person I ever meant to hurt."
Ray: "Take the jet. I hope the something awful stops being awful."
C9-CA8oUQAAE_Q4.jpg

C9-CA9HVYAAF8Iq.jpg

C9-CSaJUMAAv6Ch.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – Felicity & Oliver talk on the jet to Nanda Parbat:
Felicity (handing him a blanket): "You look chilly." 
Oliver: "Yeah."
Felicity: "Thanks for letting me be here for you."
Oliver: "You're welcome. I didn't have much of a choice, though, did I?"
Felicity: "No. I wanted to make you think you had grown a little as a person."
Oliver: "I know that I've only told you a little about the five years that I was away."
Felicity: "Well, if by 'little', you mean hardly anything."
Oliver: "I came back to Starling City before they found me on the island."
Felicity: "I don't understand."
Oliver: "It was complicated. I saw Thea. She didn't see me. She had a drug problem. So I... confronted her dealer. And I broke his neck. And I did it because I was angry, sure. But I also did it because I felt like I was protecting her. All I've ever wanted to do was protect her. Malcolm told me. He warned me what Ra's might do. But I never thought... I failed."
(Oliver, carrying Thea, Diggle, Felicity and Malcolm walk from the beach to Nanda Parbat, and are greeted by Ra’s al Ghul and League members.)
Felicity: "What is that?"
Oliver: "That's the League."
Ra's: "Welcome home, Al Sah-him."
C9-CgysVwAA1_WD.jpg

C9-Cgy_VYAAZzUb.jpg

C9-CgyTVoAAhMKE.jpg

C9-CgzbU0AAcWJT.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – DELETED SCENE: Felicity confronts Malcolm in Nanda Parbat:
Felicity: "I don't mean to kick you when you're down, but Oliver was right. Everything that's happening here is because of you."
Malcolm: "Yeah. I know you see me as a monster. But I love my daughter."
Felicity: "Both of those things can be true."
Priestess: "It is time."
Malcolm (to unconscious Thea): "It's okay to let go. You don't have to come back here. You can go to a better place. Rebecca, Tommy and your mother will all be waiting for you. And I'll be there soon."
Felicity: "Well, here's hoping."

320 (The Fallen) – Thea wakes up after being healed in the Lazarus Pit, and Oliver dismisses Malcolm's doubts:
Malcolm: "You have no idea what you've done."
Oliver: "What I've done? She's alive, Malcolm. What I did saved her life."
Malcolm: "She thinks Moira's still alive." 
Oliver: "She'll be fine." 
Malcolm: "You don't know that." 
Oliver: "Yes, I do. Because you, Diggle and Felicity are going to take her home and she will recover." 
Felicity: "And what is that worth?" 
Oliver: "Felicity -"
Felicity: "No, this is wrong! It is just wrong!" (Leaves)

320 (The Fallen) – Felicity confronts Ra’s al Ghul about Oliver:
Felicity: "I need to talk to you. What is happening here is perverse! What you are doing to Oliver. What you are making him do - I am not going to let it happen."
Ra's (to Maseo): "You can leave us. (To Felicity) You have a great fire within you. I can see now why Oliver loves you."
Felicity: "If you knew the first thing about love, you would not be ripping Oliver away from his family."
Ra's: "I am merely helping him fulfill his destiny."
Felicity: "Yeah, I know all about the 'survive my sword' prophecy, and I am here to tell you that I could really give a crap. Me and John and, God help me, Malcolm, are not going to let this happen. And we have friends, and we have resources, and we will go to war to get Oliver back."
Ra's: "You know, many lifetimes ago, I loved a woman immeasurably. And she loved me. And we had a son and then a daughter, and for many years, I felt I was the most fortunate man in the world. My life was bliss. And one night, a man came to my door and he gave me a horrible choice - to leave without saying a word to them, or to stand and watch them tortured and then killed. And I left without a farewell. And to spare them pain, I endured an agony worse than death."
Felicity: "Sounds like you gave up too easily."
Ra's: "If there's one immutable truth about life... It's often more cruel than it is fair, and rarely provides an opportunity for any of us to find closure. And all your posturing and all your threats of war will merely delay the inevitable, causing you to forfeit the opportunity you have. This was denied me. You need to tell Oliver good-bye. Tell him how much you love him. Tell him whatever it is your heart needs to express. And do it now. Before he is lost to you forever."
C9-CuyqUIAACyP8.jpg

C9-CuyXUwAEkJAQ.jpg

C9-C9kdUwAApXBq.jpg

C9-C9lDU0AAulPF.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – Felicity goes to see Oliver and tells him that she loves him; and then they make love for the first time:
Oliver: "Yeah?"
Felicity: "Hi."
Oliver: "Hey." 
Felicity: "You okay? I'm sorry, that's a stupid question. You - you just saw your sister come back from being mostly dead and you are about to give up everything you know and love, so you're probably not."
Oliver: "I remember the first time that I thought I'd never see Thea again. When my father's boat went down."
Felicity: "But you did see her again. And you'll see her again... again."
Oliver: "This is different. I've just been thinking about the... person I was. The brother that I was. And how he probably died when that boat went down. All this time, I've been struggling with who I am -"
Felicity: "And you think who you're supposed to be is... the next Ra's al Ghul?"
Oliver: "Honestly? I don't know. The only thing that I can know for sure is that everything that I've done, every - everything that happened, it led me right here, to this moment. And Felicity, if that's true, then... I don't know what it was all for."
Felicity: "I do. I wish that I could change your mind about staying here, but I know I can't. Just like I know how leaving you here is going to destroy me. I don't regret a single moment. And you shouldn't, either. You have done so much. You have saved so many people's lives. And you have changed so many for the better. Including mine. Knowing you has changed my life. You... opened up my heart in a way I didn't even know was possible. I love you."
(Oliver takes off her glasses. They kiss and then make love.)
EVlGjl6UUAIKmYI?format=jpg

EVlGksOVAAEWRn1?format=jpg
C9-C9lnUAAASTNd.jpg

C9-C9lZUMAEQElm.jpg

C9-DXKYUQAAEZOr.jpg

C9-DXKVU0AAzkEa.jpg

C9-DXKVUIAAdNoY.jpg

C9-DXKXUMAAnOls.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – The morning after, Felicity drugs Oliver in an attempt to rescue him:
Felicity: "So... that happened."
Oliver: "I'm glad it did."
Felicity: "Me, too."
Oliver: "What's this?"
Felicity: "If there's any kind of God, something... (Pours drink) alcoholic. There's not much to toast to up here, is there?"
Oliver: "Well... there's us."
Felicity: "Yeah. I'm sorry."
Oliver: "Hmm?"
Felicity: "Look, I know there's no way of avoiding this, of - of getting out of here, going some place where Ra's can't find us, but I -"
Oliver (losing consciousness): "Felicity - Felicity. What did you -"
Felicity: "I can't lose you. I won't."
C9-Di38UwAACPb5.jpg

C9-Di4mUMAABwYk.jpg

C9-Di4mVoAAcFV5.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – Felicity, Diggle and Malcolm, with Thea, attempt to smuggle an unconscious Oliver out of Nanda Parbat:
Felicity: "I stole some of that powder that that creepy priest lady used on Thea. Wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with it when I got it, but -"
Diggle: "Yeah, how did you know you were going to completely lose your mind?"
Malcolm: "Or commit suicide. Was your plan to sneak Ra's' prize out unconscious without getting us all killed?"
Felicity: "I know it's an insane idea, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't leave him. We have to get him out of here."
Diggle: "Felicity, this place is like a fortress. There's no way we're getting Oliver out of here without Ra's knowing."
Felicity: "We can't. (To Malcolm) You can."
Malcolm: "If we get caught, he'll kill all of us."
Felicity: "Then we can't get caught. I have seen enough movies to know that the scary fortress always has a secret exit. You were Ra's right hand stooge for years. If there is anyone that knows the way out of this hellhole, it's you, so don't even try to play games with me."
Malcolm: "The catacombs. It's rough terrain. It is not going to be easy."
Felicity: "How do we get there?"
Malcolm: "Through the temple."
Felicity: "Go get Thea and meet us back here in five minutes. Go!"
(Cut to catacombs.)
Diggle: "Which way?"
Malcolm: "Temple's this way. Come on!" 
(They fight their way past several League members.)
Maseo: "There's not much time. Hurry."
Felicity: "Why are you helping us?"
Maseo: "Because if I don't, then I am just a shell. (To Diggle) You reminded me of that. Thirty meters down. The path forks. Take the left passage."
Malcolm: These tunnels are centuries old. Stay close."
Felicity (to Thea): "Need to stop and rest for a minute?"
Thea: "No."
Diggle: "Maseo says, stay left."
Malcolm: "Thea?"
Thea: "No. No. No."
Diggle: "We have to move, now!" 
Felicity: "Too late." 
Malcolm: "Believe me, we do not want to be taken alive."
Oliver (recovering consciousness): Hold! I am Al Sah-him. Wahreeth Al Ghul. Heir to the Demon. And you will obey. Put your weapons down. Now! Tell Ra's I will return shortly."
Felicity: "Oliver, please!"
Oliver: "Thank you for trying. I love you all the more for it. But this only ends one way."
C9-Di4oVoAQmi9B.jpg

C9-Dtm1VwAA86w_.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – Oliver says his goodbyes to Thea, Diggle and Felicity outside of Nanda Parbat:
Oliver: “This is as far as I go.”
Diggle: “Oliver, the jet's less than a mile away.” 
Oliver: “Where are we going to fly to?” 
Thea: “Ollie, I don't understand.” 
Oliver: “Malcolm is going to take you home.” 
Thea: “Aren't you coming with?” 
Oliver: “Not now. You go on, I'll catch up. I love you, Thea. Don't ever forget that, okay?” (Malcolm takes Thea away)
Diggle: “Oliver. Oliver, I don't know what to say.”
Oliver: “I do. John, you're the best man I've ever known. Whatever happens, you're my brother.”
(Oliver and Diggle embrace, and Diggle walks away.)
Oliver (to Felicity): “You told me once that life is precious. And that you wanted more from it than I could offer you. Don't give up on that. The only way that I'm going to survive this is if I know that you're out there living your life... happy.”  
Felicity: “We're always saying good-bye to each other. You'd think I'd be good at it by now.” 
Oliver: “Well, let's not say good-bye this time.”  
(They kiss as torchlight glows between them.)
C9-DtnKUwAAJHSr.jpg

C9-DtmzV0AAvXQp.jpg

320 (The Fallen) – Heartbroken Felicity tells Laurel that Oliver's gone to join the League, and Laurel comforts her (as aired):
Felicity: "Sorry to interrupt."
Laurel: "Is everything all right?"
Felicity: "No. It's not."
Laurel: "Felicity -"
Felicity: "Oliver's - he's gone."
Laurel: "What are you talking about?"
Felicity: "He joined the League. He's not coming back."
Laurel: "Shh." (Hugs her, as Felicity sobs.)

320 (The Fallen) – Heartbroken Felicity tells Laurel that Oliver's gone to join the League, and Laurel comforts her (as scripted):
Felicity: "He joined the League. He's not coming back."
Laurel: "Why would he -?"
Felicity (fighting tears): "For Thea. They... they hurt Thea and... I don't know how to live like this."
(Laurel puts a comforting hand on Felicity's shoulder.)
Laurel: "I didn't know how to live without Tommy. Or my sister. I thought I'd never be whole again. (Looks at Felicity) But, here I am. It gets better, Felicity. It does."
Felicity: "And what do I do until then?"
Laurel: "You grieve." (Hugs her, as Felicity sobs)

C9-DtmxUMAA1Yds.jpg

320 (The Fallen) - In this episode's ending scene, Oliver is branded with an arrowhead by Ra's al Ghul (per script):
EVLfohPVAAEfyDE?format=jpg

EVLfrw6VAAAAHGc?format=jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 4/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, lemotomato said:

It's been 5 years since the promo for 319/320 dropped, and this might be a bit meta, but it was fun to go through the spoiler spec thread posts that day. It generated 5 pages (250 posts) in one day 😂

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/3338-spoiler-discussion-thread/page/440/#comments

Thanks for posting this. I ended up deep diving back into the thread. I miss those days. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2