Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: European Honeymoon

I like this show much better when it just focuses on one or two people. I think they should do more of that. Focus a show or two on some of the kids I know nothing about. Those middle boys like the twins or Jinger or Jenny.

• Love 5

Jessa's hair did look nice 'up'. I wonder if Daddy Duggar would be disappointed. Is it against JB's rules? Has anyone ever seen Michelle's hair up or in a ponytail?

I hope Josh mans up and this is the last baby. I think he is really resentful of his upbringing. He seems to deeply care for his children so maybe his love for them will override the Gothard crap he grew up with. 

Josh, there is no need to live like you grew up. If you stop now your children can be educated and become lawyers! Give them what you were denied!

Gee, I don't know about that. Does he still work for the FRC? He would be toeing the party line I think.

Unemployed? They are paid for being on a television show. It's the same as the Kardashians.

That's not a real legit job. The Kardashians as much as I hate them are a brand. They're making their money not doing shit. What does Ben do? Or jessa? They don't bring in millions a year or a decent income.

• Love 4

Michelle acting giddy in the thrift shop - omg. She looked like a crazy old lady on the lam from a nursing home. 

I loved it.  It was one of the only times I've seen her being real as opposed to the sickeningly sweet "I'm so humble and perfect" persona.

• Love 3

I liked this episode overall. I enjoyed the sights of the cities, the narrow cobbled shop-lined streets, the gondola ride through the canals and the quick camera shots of food and coffee. My favorite scene was the cooking class in Rome. I do hope they tried to recreate that meal at home with homemade pasta. It's easy to do and I think Jessa will actually learn to like cooking if she and Ben cook together at home and try new recipes.

They did a good job updating Grandma Duggar's house. I'm impressed that they put in oil bronzed fixtures, granite countertops, nice tile in the bath and kitchen, refinished the hardwood floors and did a fantastic job glazing the kitchen cupboards and the fireplace turned out well. I'm glad they left a majority of the decorating to Jessa, I know I wouldn't want to come back from my honeymoon and have my house decorated by someone else bc that's something I enjoy putting my own touch on. I see Ben and Jessa moving out and into one of the other Duggar houses sometime after their baby is born so that it's ready to go for Josiah. He said or did something in his TH that said he was 8th in line for Grandma's house -- he's so ready to move out of the boy's bedroom, lol.

Anna couldn't be more happy for #4 and Josh was underwhelmed or overwhelmed with the news depending on how you look at it.

• Love 5

There must be something seriously wrong with me.   After last night I asked myself AGAIN why I watch a program about an uneducated family whose claim to fame is that they reproduce like rabbits.  Kudos to Ben for at least attempting to speak the CORRECT native language and trying new foods.  His other gaffs I will attribute to his youth.  Then came all the pregnancy announcements and I was just disgusted.  That's all they can do...breed...get knocked up. For them this is the ultimate achievement.  Pathetic.   And I've had enough of Michelle's giggles and JB's smarmy grins.  UGH!!!  This show is like a train wreck.  I don't want to watch but I can't seem to help myself.  I think I need a 12 step program (or maybe a 19 step program).

Edited by Ilovemylabs
  • Love 12

I watched *hangs head in shame*

So Jessa (though wearing a straight skirt and tights) walks over a glass floor!  Could anyone see up that skirt?  People all around have camera lenses.

Grandma continues to live in laundry hell.  I hope she told Benessa to do their own and just don't drop it off with her!

Yep, no pictures of Ben's family in the thrift store frames.

Did anyone else think of the Mark Twain story "An Idiot Abroad?"  lol

Mr. Contractor Guy - I hope you charged old CheapAss Jim Boob extra for having to teach his kids some job skills/construction work.  Though I did like Joy saying "Nope, this will take a lot longer dad with all of us 'helping' ."

And JimBoob and Meeshell - you only have 16 kids at home now!!

• Love 5

There must be something seriously wrong with me.   After last night I asked myself AGAIN why I watch a program about an uneducated family whose claim to fame is that they reproduce like rabbits.  Kudos to Ben for at least attempting to speak the CORRECT native language and trying new foods.  His other gaffs I will attribute to his youth.  Then came all the pregnancy announcements and I was just disgusted.  That's all they can do...breed...get knocked up. For them this is the ultimate achievement.  Pathetic.   And I've had enough of Michelle's giggles and JB's smarmy grins.  UGH!!!  This show is like a train wreck.  I don't want to watch but I can't seem to help myself.  I think I need a 12 step program (or maybe a 19 step program).

Thankfully, I haven't watched this train wreck for several years. What is most disgusting for me is the fact that these idiots are REWARDED for reproducing like rabbits. If TLC would axe the show, these morons might not have enough money to keep having babies. I mean, honestly, not a single one of these assholes contribute one thing to society. It's beyond atrocious. I refuse to watch ANY show on TLC, just because they employ this family; years ago TLC was my go-to channel. Now I consider it The Loser Channel. Now I'm going to meditate to try to lower my blood pressure...

• Love 12

I enjoyed this episode, seeing Paris, Rome and Venice was interesting to me and I think they really enjoyed it. Ben seems more polished and receptive to the local culture than Jim Bob ever did (who seems to come across as an ignorant redneck). Assuming now as a married couple, that Jessa and Ben are drawing their own paycheck outside of the family, they were smart to film a honeymoon episode. Interesting that Josh and Anna also had a honeymoon episode in Myrtle Beach, but Jill and Derrick did not for their Outer Banks honeymoon. Maybe it was the one time Derrick insisted on privacy away from the cameras. 

• Love 5

I'm sure Josh was clued in to the fact that Anna was jonesing for another baby. I agree that he didn't look too thrilled, but he couldn't have been surprised. I agree, though, that he'd likely be satisfied with far fewer kids than Anna wants.

• Love 2

I think a Jill/Derick honeymoon would have exposed how little they knew about each other and Boob wanted to avoid that at all costs.

I know it's been discussed ad nauseum but I am dying to know what the pay breakdown is for all the couples appearing on the show. For some reason I don't think it's all that much otherwise it wouldn't be cost-effective to feature epis with all the marrieds.

• Love 8

Jessa brags about how couples push each other into trying new experiences, yet she won't try the escargot, but she'll push Ben out on the glass floor of the Eiffel Tower.

Good catch! I bet the producers intended us to catch it, but I didn't.

• Love 2

I think Josh would be fine with number 4 - in about two years. I think he's really tired.

Most people ease into adult life in stages. Josh went from being a coddled boy with few chores who was half-heartedly homeschooled to being a married man with a real job and 3 kids in what? 5 years? That's a lot to take on at once. And they're living out of state, so they have no help from family. Which means Josh probably actually has to help parent his children. He's not used to having to do anything, so it must be exhausting.

• Love 3

I don't think Josh was very coddled though - eldest of 19? He's the original buddy and spent the longest living in the tiny house and being shoved around as each new sibling came in. Really it's only Anna who's given him the love and attention one to one that he's been missing out on for years. I do think he's looking increasingly exhausted & he's have been happy staying with kynzie and michael for quite some years. I can't help really liking Anna & Josh as a couple though and still secretly rooting for them breaking awak a bit!

• Love 5

I keep noticing that in the TH's Jenny and Hannie seem awfully cranky lately. They're probably so freaking tired of being asked the same inane questions about marriage and babies over and over and over. It's heartbreaking how if you're not married/pregnant/courting, your emotions, needs and opinions don't matter.

• Love 5

I kept falling asleep during the show, so I only saw bits & pieces. These thoughts may be out of order of the show...

Did Jessa actually bring her laundry over for Grandma Duggar to do? I know there was some conversation about how they don't have a washer/dryer yet, but it looked as if Grandma Duggar was in the laundromat (laundry room) doing everyone's laundry.

Ben did seem as if he was excited about the trip, much more than Jessa was. But the, of course, she has traveled quite a bit. I had at first wondered why they chose Paris, I would have thought they would have had a much better time on one of the beautiful, romantic Hawaiian Islands or some tropical place with beautiful beaches. I then remembered that she would have to be in one of those 1800 style modesty bathing suits.

Who in the world would ask someone to 'borrow' a pregnancy test?

I took a test at 5:00am because I was freaked out and screamed bloody murder when it read positive and woke my fiancé. He was scared and kept asking what was wrong so I threw it at him. Does that count?

Totally different, sounds to me as if you were not 'trying' to get pregnant & it was a true shock to you. We all know Anna has been wanting another baby ever since that youngest one turned a month old! I could not believe it, though, when she shoved that pee stick into that babies hands. I had hoped she washed it before doing so. But, knowing these shows, that was not the real pee stick, the one that she was shoving into everyone's faces was probably a brand new one,

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 1

I really hope Bin and Jessa went to The Vatican. If they missed out on The Sistine Chapel, etc because they are not Catholic then they are bigger fools than I ever thought.

• Love 6

I like this show much better when it just focuses on one or two people. I think they should do more of that. Focus a show or two on some of the kids I know nothing about. Those middle boys like the twins or Jinger or Jenny.

Me too. I actually haven't watched the last few shows, just didn't care about them (though I read every post here because they are fun). I pretty much enjoyed European Honeymoon. i thought Ben and Jessa were fine, two teenagers in Europe (well, not precisely, of course). It was fun watching in Venice because that's one place (of many) I haven't checked off my bucket list. I'm sorry to hear the water taxi is so expensive because I would have wanted to ride in one all day. The rest was pretty much a yawn except for hoarder J'Chelle in the thrift store -- what a hoot! 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 5

Did Jessa actually bring her laundry over for Grandma Duggar to do?  I know there was some conversation about how they don't have a washer/dryer yet, but it looked as if Grandma Duggar was in the laundromat (laundry room) doing everyone's laundry.

They spent the money for a European honeymoon but they don't have a washer and dryer yet? Excuse me? And Benessa's now knocked up, which means exponentially more laundry in the next few months...

Idiots.

• Love 2

I was at the Eiffel Tower at the same time a few years ago. It may have been the slow season, but it was crowded. There was a long line to get in, the elevators were packed, people were standing all along the rails looking at the view. So I am sure TLC must have had a pre-hours filming permit.

I felt like I was watching two students on a high school field trip, rather than a pair of honeymooners. Seriously, are we to believe they could have pulled this off themselves? They have no jobs - so they probably don't even have credit cards. How would they have paid for the hotel or their plane tickets?  I doubt they could have moved around from country to country like that, unless Mr Jim and his crew were there to facilitate and lead the way.

When Jessa laughed and pushed Bin across the glass floor of the Eiffel Tower, I had a flashback to Josh taunting Anna on the ferris wheel. Making fun of someone's fears must be common in the Duggar household. Later, when Jessa admitted she didn't like the rocking of the gondola, I was sooooo hoping Bin would laugh at her, and make the boat rock.

Michelle acting giddy in the thrift shop - omg. She looked like a crazy old lady on the lam from a nursing home. Completing the picture were the weird clunky black shoes, shaped like Dutch wooden clogs. The expression on her face was so over the top for thrift store shopping. I mean she was looking at freaking scratched up picture frames, then her eyes got all crazy and she ran up and down the aisles like a three year old.

Jessa and Bin's house - remodeling anything costs a fortune. When I saw the new kitchen, stone fireplace, refinished wood floors, new paint and the mold remediation service, I figured Boob must have spent 20-30K. Now why is it ok to dump all that money into your daughter's house, but not into an education? That could have paid for Jessa getting a 4 year degree if she lived at home. 

She straight up looked like she had a load in her diaper- the way she was hunched over and her legs bent too...shuffling little crone running through the second hand store. Her eyes though, were the kicker for me! It's like she snapped for a minute there...she straight up looked certifiable!

Almost like she was trying to  play thrift store hide and seek with her kids but nobody told the kids. That or as someone else mentioned above - the meds kicked in at that exact moment.

I could seriously watch a show with nothing but crazyass MEchelle and Snowflake Miracle McLickety...best antidepressant ever!

It could be the highlight of my week!

• Love 5

They spent the money for a European honeymoon but they don't have a washer and dryer yet? Excuse me? And Benessa's now knocked up, which means exponentially more laundry in the next few months...

Idiots.

At the time, the renovations were not completed on their house and they were living in a hotel.  Thus, they had no washer/dryer of their own at that point.  Pretty sure they have a washer/dryer now.

• Love 2

Idiots.

Jesus, they better get Gramma Paul McCartney some uppers with all the new babies coming.

*whip*- "Get at it, Granny- that laundry ain't gonna do itself!"

• Love 3

. I'm sorry to hear the water taxi is so expensive because I would have wanted to ride in one all day. The rest was pretty much a yawn except for hoarder J'Chelle in the thrift store -- what a hoot! 

It's OK, You can ride the Vaporetto up and down the Grand Canal. They can be crowded, so you just wait until  You get a good seat and then ride it all the way. The gondola prices are ridiculous too

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 1

We all know Anna has been waning another baby ever since that youngest one turned a month old! I could not believe it, though, when she shoved that pee stick into that babies hands.  I had hoped she washed it before doing so.  But, knowing these shows, that was not the real pee stick, the one that she was shoving into everyone's faces was probably a brand new one,

You know its a good thing they don't know anything about mythology or they'd be jealous of how many kids Zeus had.

• Love 5

I'm beginning to think that Anna takes a pregnancy test every time she pees. Although I think she's probably a very nice girl, she just seems to be so immature. Maybe it's the way she talks, I don't know. I've never been a big Josh fan, but I sure did sympathize with him when Anna revealed that Jesus had stuffed Baby #4 up her vag. Poor guy. Not too long again Anna said she was happy with the three children she had. I wonder what changed her mind?

And, of course, there was the obligatory scene with the snails in Paris. At first I thought that Jezebel and Bin were drinking white wine, but then I realized it was water. I'll be that Ben is even more erudite and sophisticated after a few glasses of chardonnay. Oui, bien sur!

• Love 4

I thought it was interesting that they were living in the hotel after the wedding. Immediately after the wedding they honeymooned for a few days in the mountains someplace -- I want to say TN or NC or someplace similar. Then it looks like they came back to Arkansas for a few days and stayed in a hotel and then went to Europe. Surprised JB didn't expect them to just stay in Ben's warehouse room or put them up at Derick and Jill's house while their house was being worked on. Though I have a feeling Jessa is less "compliant" than Jill would be and may have just said -- sorry pops, we're married and need to be comfortable if we're going to get on with baby making, we need a hotel for a week.

Do the Duggars go to the dr aside from pregnancy? Something about Michelle's eyes seems off; things like thyroid or heart conditions can cause your eyes to look different/stick out -- I wonder if she'd ever get checked or if she ONLY goes to the OB GYN.

• Love 2

I would hope if her thyroid is off or she has a heart problem someone could tell just by looking at her eyes that her OB/GYN would catch it. Many women use the GYN as their primary care type doctor. I know our insurance company only pays for a yearly physical with a regular doc OR a yearly physical with an OB/GYN. They run blood work and definitely check thyroid. 

I'm not sure why people are so concerned about the price of the house renovation or the honeymoon.  It's clear that JB has paid for the renovation with the understanding that they won't live there forever.  I find it strange that he's a real estate investor, yet we've seen that Jill's house and now this one have sat empty for years until the girls moved in. Shouldn't these properties have been renovated and rented in the meantime if they were true investments?

I think that any of the Duggar kids over 18 would have their own contracts with TLC.  That's not to say that JB doesn't charge them rent for living at home, but I would think that they and Derrick, Anna and Ben would have their own contracts.  Jill and Jessa should have been paid good sums for the wedding coverage and I'm sure Ben and Jessa got a special paycheck for filming on their honeymoon.

Ben and Jessa don't need real jobs right now because they are filming a reality show--that's a job.  I would think for JB and Michelle that's their main source of income at this point as well.  They maybe thrifting for the younger kids but I tend to think the older ones may actually shop in real stores now.

Edited by scenicbyway
  • Love 6

I liked how interested Ben was, and his attempting to use the local language. Loved his impressed/bewildered reaction to Jessa's having tried octopus but taking a pass on escargot.

Have to admit that I didn't have a problem with Jessa encouraging him onto the glass walkway - I just didn't read it as pressure or mocking his fear, and her physically guiding him there wasn't going to override his own feet. I read him as reluctant but game, since he was walking along the beams himself. Just how I interpreted it. *shrugs* Those two are very comfortable together and I think they read each other and communicate pretty well - my sense is that they're the most in sync and best communicators of the married kids, Josh and Anna (obviously) being next.

Jessa did honestly look a bit green on that water taxi before the motion was actually discussed.

Poor Josh, but...I mean, not by a lot. He knows how pregnancy happens, so isn't some unwitting victim. He's clearly agreed to more kids, despite a large enthusiasm gap, which happens one way or another for a lot of couples in terms of number of kids. If he was telling Anna that he really didn't think/feel led that they should have more, she wouldn't tell him on camera. I think Josh is on board, albeitly because it's what Anna wants, and that it's just a darn shame those two couldn't have an honest, one-on-one conversation about preferred family size before they got serious. Because now Josh is sort of reluctantly going along with more, and I suspect that at some point down the line, it will be Anna reluctantly not trying for more.

Idiots.

Not sure if you watched or are getting bits and pieces from posts here! This was in the week between their wedding and leaving for the European honeymoon - their/Grandma Duggar's house was being renovated - gutted kitchen, no toilets, no washer/dryer - and they were staying in a hotel that week while the house was being finished. I assume they got a washer/dryer installed in the next week or two, along with toilets!

Though obviously I hope they did their own laundry. They went in asking Grandma Duggar if there was a spare machine, so fingers crossed that she was just, uh, doing the laundry of 18 other people plus herself, not those extra two.

Edited by WalrusGirl
  • Love 5

On the subject of Josh not wanting more children..he and Anna put it in their *wedding vows* that they would leave the number up to God...

If he truly doesn't want any more, he's going to have a much bigger hill to climb in terms of breaking that news to Anna than if it was just assumed or discussed that they would do that.

Of course, I feel for the guy because he had no way of knowing what it would be like first hand; even Jill admitted how different having your own is vs raising siblings...but I don't think Anna would see it that way.

• Love 5

Speaking of laundry, now that Jessa is not subject to the family shopping trips/family laundry room, do you think she bought some scanty undies once she married?  Of course, Jill started buying maternity panties right away, so she didn't have the option of trying lacy thongs.

• Love 2

Speaking of laundry, now that Jessa is not subject to the family shopping trips/family laundry room, do you think she bought some scanty undies once she married?  Of course, Jill started buying maternity panties right away, so she didn't have the option of trying lacy thongs.

Bet she did. She most certainly got some shorter skirts. Of course now that she's preggers, I guess we'll be seeing her in the floor length skirts again. Why do they think that maxi skirts = maternity wear?

Unkempt hair, maxi skirts and too-tight tops seem to be the requisite maternity wear for the Duggar girls. They could stand to take a few pointers from Alyssa Bates, who managed to look both stylish and comfortable during her pregnancy.

• Love 6

Bet she did. She most certainly got some shorter skirts. Of course now that she's preggers, I guess we'll be seeing her in the floor length skirts again. Why do they think that maxi skirts = maternity wear?

to draw attention to their pregnant forms.

• Love 1

I was very glad to learn that Italian thrift stores are pretty much like American ones except they sell old Italian clothes. Thanks, Jessa. However, she looked nice in the things she tried on. I bet those were the best quality clothes she's ever seen. I wonder if she knew that.

• Love 5

I thought it was interesting that they were living in the hotel after the wedding. Immediately after the wedding they honeymooned for a few days in the mountains someplace -- I want to say TN or NC or someplace similar. Then it looks like they came back to Arkansas for a few days and stayed in a hotel and then went to Europe. Surprised JB didn't expect them to just stay in Ben's warehouse room or put them up at Derick and Jill's house while their house was being worked on. Though I have a feeling Jessa is less "compliant" than Jill would be and may have just said -- sorry pops, we're married and need to be comfortable if we're going to get on with baby making, we need a hotel for a week.

I thought the exact same thing. Why didn't they just stay in Ben's warehouse bachelor's pad? I wouldn't dish out any more money than necessary.

I have to admit I like Binjermin 100 times more after this episode. I do think Guinn must have thrown a geography unit into the Seewald SOTDRT. 

That said, though, his and Jessa's relationship reminds me of that of my 18-year-old stepson and his 17-year-old girlfriend. They're adorable and fun, but they're doing things like going to prom and out to catch a bite to eat, and hanging in our basement with their friends. Bin and Jessa are two teenagers (OK, Jessa's not, but close) playing house. Shit's going to get a lot more real in about six months. 

• Love 7

Jim Bob probably thought the hotel was a good idea as well

You know, I just thought of something -- we've all agreed that Boob is WAY too interested in the deflowerings of his daughters. But I can't recall his having shown any interest in Smuggar's sex life beyond the staged talk (something about Legos, as I recall) the day of the wedding. You'd think he'd be high-fiving Smugs every time Anna gets knocked up.

• Love 2

I think Boob should just release a sex tape and get the monkey off his back because that's what this is really all about. He's desperate for the world to see he's still banging the head cheerleader thirty years after high school. The obsession with his kids' sex lives is just an excuse to showcase his own.

• Love 10

Ratings:  2.572 M viewers and a .8 rating.  

How long will that many people keep watching the Duggars?  The show was almost dead until they began marrying off the kids.  Three down and 16 to go.  

• Love 2

Wow that's some high numbers.  I liked the episode, but then I love Paris.  What the heck did they do in Rome with all the Catholics.  There isn't anything to see that doesn't have Catholic symbolism.  Ok, some things, but you have to pass so many madonnas to get to them.  I don't recall the water taxies being so expensive, and I'm sure it would have occurred to me because I'm cheap that way.

• Love 2