Type keyword(s) to search

Kira Yukimura: Her Tails Will Shock You

I feel like Jeff Davis had one characterization in mind for Kira, but as soon as Crystal told him that she wanted to leave, he set about trying to mold Kira into a replacement warrior princess. The show has spent more time showcasing her ~badass katana skills than her ability to channel electricity. 

I really do like Kira, but IMO Davis has let a lot of her potential go unrealized in his effort to turn her into Allison 2.0. 

I really do like Kira, but IMO Davis has let a lot of her potential go unrealized in his effort to turn her into Allison 2.0.

I hope they keep her bubbly personality, that was my favorite part of Kira's character.  The show doesn't really need another Allison.  I don't know why but her character always fell flat for me.  I don't know if it was the writers or Crystal's acting.

• Love 1
(edited)

Like Allison, Kira's much more interesting away from Scott, but at least she matches him much better personality-wise. She's lacking in non-Scott relationships, though - Allison, right off the bat, had her family and Lydia, and I'm not sure if Kira's family's going to be as prominent as Allison's was. I suspect they got their day in the limelight. Although who knows, being a supernatural creature does open some avenues...

Edited by FurryFury

Like Allison, Kira's much more interesting away from Scott, but at least she matches him much better personality-wise. She's lacking in non-Scott relationships, though - Allison, right off the bat, had her family and Lydia, and I'm not sure if Kira's family's going to be as prominent as Allison's was. I suspect they got their day in the limelight. Although who knows, being a supernatural creature does open some avenues...

Her mother is a nine-tailed fox, a being of almost divine power, the writers would be dumb not to use her in some capacity.  She can at least mentor Kira in how to be a kitsune.

(edited)
Like Allison, Kira's much more interesting away from Scott,

I don't agree. I thought Kira and Scott were just adorable together. I also liked her interactions with other people. Basically, I found her likable whether she was with Scott, on her own, or with other people.

I also don't see how she became much like Allison. The show did focus more on her fighting than on her being this mythical creature. But that didn't mean she started acting like Allison. Which is what matters to me. I don't mind Kira doing the fighting thing like Allison as long as, when it comes to personality, she's still Kira.

Edited by Bitterswete
  • Love 1
(edited)
I don't agree. I thought Kira and Scott were just adorable together. I also liked her interactions with other people. Basically, I found her likable whether she was with Scott, on her own, or with other people.

They were cute, but there was zero depth to their relationship. To care about them, I need a more nuanced dynamic. But then, Scott's still a pretty shallow character. I don't hate him, but I definitely don't watch the show for him.

I thought both he and Allison became much better after their break-up in 3A. Otherwise, they were all about their romance, it was distracting. And I never understood what they liked so much about each other.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

They were cute, but there was zero depth to their relationship. To care about them, I need a more nuanced dynamic.

But how deep can they be expected to be? Really, they just met, and were still in the "getting to know you" phase when all the craziness started. So it's not like they'd been together for a  while but their relationship just hadn't gotten any development. If anything, they were developing towards a relationship.

It's actually the opposite of Scott/Allison, who became "deep and serious" almost immediately. I actually never had a big problem with that pairing, but I just enjoyed watching Scott/Kira more.

But then, Scott's still a pretty shallow character.

Taking to the Scott thread.

• Love 1

I think when they do the fox thingy when she is fighting it is one of the better special effects this show does. I'm interested to see where they are taking her character. Its sad though when you have to learn about yourself from Mason, Kira needs to start asking her mom some questions. Though I thought the Kira and Mason scene was cute. 

• Love 1

I think when they do the fox thingy when she is fighting it is one of the better special effects this show does. I'm interested to see where they are taking her character. Its sad though when you have to learn about yourself from Mason, Kira needs to start asking her mom some questions. Though I thought the Kira and Mason scene was cute.

Agree on all of the above. It's frustrating to see the beautiful fiery fox effect, and then have her surrounded by cheesy, Paint-level white lines as electricity a few scenes later.

Mason is awesome, and that was a sweet scene. Unfortunately it stretches credulity that Stiles and Lydia haven't done this research. Or that Kira's mom hasn't been mentoring her or that no one, including Kira, has gone to her mom with questions. If TW is smart, they'll slide in some mention of how Mama Y is incommunicado in Tokyo or New York for some important thing—although, frankly, they should have said it by episode 2 of this season.

Mama Y is incommunicado in Tokyo or New York for some important thing—although, frankly, they should have said it by episode 2 of this season.

The only problem with this is that she was in the very first ep of this season and I think it sounded like the Y family was in New York for the summer - the whole "take care and have fun could mean sleep with other guys" thing with Scott, Stiles, and Malia.  So, she's been available and had a whole summer with her daughter to fill her in on what it means to be a kitsune.

• Love 1

Yeah, because she was in ep 1 was why I was thinking in ep 2 they should have said she had to take off again—so she's not there when Scott starts getting really worried about Kira's super fox. But you're right, Kira should have gotten more basic background info over the summer, along with the bitchen sword belt.

Agree on all of the above. It's frustrating to see the beautiful fiery fox effect, and then have her surrounded by cheesy, Paint-level white lines as electricity a few scenes later.

Mason is awesome, and that was a sweet scene. Unfortunately it stretches credulity that Stiles and Lydia haven't done this research. Or that Kira's mom hasn't been mentoring her or that no one, including Kira, has gone to her mom with questions. If TW is smart, they'll slide in some mention of how Mama Y is incommunicado in Tokyo or New York for some important thing—although, frankly, they should have said it by episode 2 of this season.

Ahem.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kira%27s+close+call&spfreload=1

I feel like Jeff Davis had one characterization in mind for Kira, but as soon as Crystal told him that she wanted to leave, he set about trying to mold Kira into a replacement warrior princess. The show has spent more time showcasing her ~badass katana skills than her ability to channel electricity. 

what bad ass skills she loses every fight just like scott for the most part. For supernatural creatures they both fight like two weak ass humans.

Kira has only showcased her badassery in this fight with her mom and the fight where she almost killed Tracy. She stays taking that sword out and getting knocked out in like two seconds lmaooo

For the King and Queen of the pack Scott and Kira are useless and weak fighters. Malia has held her own against Tracy and the Dread Doctors, She's the best fighter in the group. And now Stiles is probably the second. Then we have Lydia who is learning.

It still bothers me that Kira isn't talking to her mom, who is an immortal Kitsune. Is the Fox making her unable to talk to her?