Type keyword(s) to search

Dark Matter In The Media: All The Matter That's Fit To Post

Cool about the renewal.  Whatever flaws about it I thought it had (mainly One related), there is still enough that I'm intrigued about, especially after the finale.  Certainly not against anything that keeps Roger Cross employed.  Or lets me look at Melissa O'Neil each week.

• Love 2

That follows the pattern of the entire season, save one week, where for some reason people left SyFy at 9 and returned at 10. Is there some Friday night at 9 show off of my radar pulling people or is something off with this ratings service's methodology?

Well I for one hated Killjoys but like Dark Matter so I skipped 9:00 and went back at 10. Although glad they both got renewed. I might give KJ a second chance.

Me too. The characters in Killjoys weren't interesting to me at all and the show itself seemed to be all explosions, arguments and shootouts. I'm over that kind of entertainment so I'd go do something more interesting for an hour between Defiance and Dark Matter. I guess I wasn't the only one.

• Love 1

Me too. The characters in Killjoys weren't interesting to me at all and the show itself seemed to be all explosions, arguments and shootouts. I'm over that kind of entertainment so I'd go do something more interesting for an hour between Defiance and Dark Matter. I guess I wasn't the only one.

I also dropped Killjoys and Defiance also as the new alien resets every year was reminding me of Earth Final Conflict and Falling Skies. Edited by Raja

Of course this past week had the same pattern even though both 9 and 10 were dark matter. Maybe a lot of people have to walk their dogs at 9.

Brief article from the Fan Expo Canada panel, with Anthony Lemke, Jodelle Ferland, and Alex Mallari Jr.  Nothing too crazy, although I did find it interesting that they had the entire cast go to a "secret fitting", so each one thought they were going to be the traitor, and didn't find out until the final day of shooting.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've been re-watching the first season in anticipation.  This is one of my favorite programs.  I hope the second season is as good as the first.  In that trailer, One definitely looks more like the real Jase Corso, so I wonder if that's who the actor will be all season, or if the D.Moss character will also be included.   I'm glad the android looks tougher.   I always wanted her to become Seven,but they kept just calling her Android.

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 1

Is there a story about the media strategy, maybe a SyFy test?  While stable mate Killjoy full season was available On Demand for weeks and all the normal sites Dark Matter seemed to be embargoed.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Wouter said:

Interview with show-runner Mallozzi, here:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/07/dark-matter-exclusive-interview-with.html

The first question may answer questions about "themes", for the people interested.

Wow, so MB [as Corso] will be just a recurring character this season.  Wonder if that will change as the series progresses, or does Mallozzi have the death of Corso, by way of Raza revenge, planned and MB will be written out of the show?

Kinda bummed about the news, honestly.  Although I was a bit tired of the 'total boy scout' schtick, I appreciated the actor's portrayal.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The Raza crew will be sticking around for another season!

Very happy to hear this (both because people will keep their job, and because the story will continue)!

I'm surprised because the live ratings have been bad (also for Killjoys, which has also been renewed), but apparently other ways of watchting (recording, streaming, Netflix,...) must have had an effect, and the consistently good reviews this season probably didn't hurt either. Syfy wants to regain a reputation for this kind of programming, I suppose.

The show probably has done well on its native Space Channel?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Wouter said:

Very happy to hear this (both because people will keep their job, and because the story will continue)!

I'm surprised because the live ratings have been bad (also for Killjoys, which has also been renewed), but apparently other ways of watchting (recording, streaming, Netflix,...) must have had an effect, and the consistently good reviews this season probably didn't hurt either. Syfy wants to regain a reputation for this kind of programming, I suppose.

The show probably has done well on its native Space Channel?

I would like to think it is the Canadian connection making the show cheaper. Added to SyFy protecting their brand to give an themselves options and a case when negotiating with Vince McMahon and the WWE

• Love 1
(edited)

Weird, Google search on 'Dark Matter Syfy' produced a result indicating the the season 3 premiere will be on June 9 (this should also apply for Killjoys) but the link brings you to an error 403 message. So this may or may not be the premiere date.

ETA: Date is confirmed for Dark Matter (but not for Killjoys).

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, MissLucas said:

Weird, Google search on 'Dark Matter Syfy' produced a result indicating the the season 3 premiere will be on June 9 (this should also apply for Killjoys) but the link brings you to an error 403 message. So this may or may not be the premiere date.

ETA: Date is confirmed for Dark Matter (but not for Killjoys).

The promo during The Expanse says its a two hour episode meanwhile Killjoys is set for June 30

Her death/survival was one last season's main cliffhangers. I mean they were all in peril but we can be relatively sure that the main characters will make it but with her it could go either way - it makes sense that we don't get to see her in any trailers.

(edited)

Also Spanish language teaser:

and trailer:

are also up, with a number of visuals not featured in the US/English trailer.

Who is the mystery man with the drone (at 0:07 in the teaser), Anders, Kierken, someone else?

Edited by Wouter
On 6/5/2017 at 8:55 PM, jhlipton said:

Dear SyFy:  I do not see Nyx in any of your trailers.  If you think black women are disposable, I might be done with you.

Nyx isn't on the SyFy Dark Matter cast page for season 3 so I am pretty sure that she is dead. She was stunning. Too bad.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Nyx isn't on the SyFy Dark Matter cast page for season 3 so I am pretty sure that she is dead. She was stunning. Too bad.

GRRRRRR!!!

ETA:  I posted this on Joseph Mallozzi's blog:

So Melanie Liburd (Nyx) is gone?  Black women continue to be disposable to white showrunners.

If Nyx is dead, you've lost me as a viewer.  #RepresentationMatters

Edited by jhlipton
Showrunner blog

Very disappointing. This show deserved to have its story told fully.

Very sad for the producers, the crew and the cast...

The numbers for Killjoys seemed to be roughly equal, but I think SyFy's involvement is deeper there.

Bummer.

• Love 4

Aw, damn it.  Victim of not being owned by SyFy.

Ugh, so sad and frustrated.  This was the only Friday show I watched. I gave up on both Killjoys and Earp last year.

• Love 7

I'm bummed that the show was cancelled.  It was one of those rare shows that seemed to get better as it went along.  This year there was so much stuff that they set up that started to pay off that its disappointing we won't see how it would have turned out.

• Love 9

Damn, I'm only just hearing about this!  I guess I should have been more prepared, but I was cautiously optimistic that it was getting by enough that at, the very least, they would give it a final season to wrap up.  But to end it now with so much still up in the air?  Boo!  I wonder why this ended up being the victim out the Friday night line up compared to Killjoys (don't get me wrong, I love that show too) and Wynona Earp.  Budget reasons?  Just didn't have the hype or social media following the other two had? 

Like with any show, I hope maybe someone else revives it, but if not, I hope the creators and cast move on and find work.  Obviously Roger Cross will find some Canadian-filmed show to jump in on, but I certainly hope this isn't the last I see Anthony Lemke and especially Melissa O'Neil. 

I'm just bummed now.  At least Killjoys is getting a send off, but now I'm worried about what Syfy might do to The Expanse.

• Love 7