Type keyword(s) to search

How Do You Say "Pot Ledom" in German?: Top Model from Other Countries

More about AusNTM C9 from the Fox8 site:

The creative direction of Season 9 of Australia’s Next Top Model aims to focus more on the core values of fashion and modelling, while also bringing a bold, new distinctive style to the series. From thousands of everyday girls that auditioned, we’ve cast the best 12 aspiring models ever seen on Australia’s Next Top Model.

For the first time ever the models position in the competition will be based on a new Top Model scoring system. Each week the girls will get a challenge and photo shoot score to determine who stays and who goes.

Standing between them and the title of Australia’s Next Top Model is the judging panel consisting ofJennifer Hawkins, Alex Perry and a third special guest judge each week. The girls will have to impress some of the biggest fashion names in the industry with the likes of Alessandra Ambrosio, Jean Paul Gaultier and Linda Evangelista giving them feedback.

Didier Cohen and new to Australia’s Next Top Model, Cheyenne Tozzi will be mentoring the girls every step of the way and teaching them everything they should know about the competitive modelling industry.

10 weeks of the competition will be themed, highlighting the various elements of the industry. Challenges range from working with some of the biggest brands in Australia along with completing photo shoots, captured by the best Australian photographers.  Our girls will travel widely to real fashion events to get a taste of what life is like as a real working model.  The winner of Australia’s Next Top Model will walk away with a 12-month modeling contract with IMG Models, the world’s number one international model agency, and will feature in an editorial spread for leading fashion magazine Elle Australia.  She will also head to New York to be a part of New York Fashion week, valued at $20,000 thanks to TRESemmé and drive away in a stylish, all new Mazda 2 Genki.

Epi 1 description, AusNTM C9:

First aire date : Thursday April 30 2015

Day 1: Surprise Catwalk Show

From thousands of girls, 12 were selected to be in the running for Australia’s Next Top Model.

Moments after meeting the host Jennifer Hawkins and the judge, Alex Perry, the girls were thrown straight into their very first challenge. Mentors Didier Cohen and Cheyenne Tozzi only have a few hours to prepare the girls for their first catwalk show in front of 400 of Australia’s fashion elite.

The task proves too overwhelming for some of the new models, with one dramatically crumbling after a runway mishap. One girl however, wows the crowd and rises to the top of the scoreboard positioning herself as the girl to beat.

Day 2: Portrait Shot

The next day the girls arrive at Sun Studios for their first photo shoot and are overcome with emotion when they come face to face with super model and Victoria’s Secret Angel – Alessandra Ambrosio. Alessandra gives them a photo shoot tutorial and then it’s the girls turn to step in front of the camera. Shot by renowned portrait photographer Gary Heery, the brief is to expose the real and the raw to produce the perfect, black and white portrait.

(edited)

The panic attacked Brittany looked so much like Montana Cox to me in certain angles/shots etc, it was a bit distracting. 

Some very pretty girls in the cycle. I hate, however, that they are doing a variation of the "score" thing that ANTM does which completely ruined the judging. 

Edited by Pogojoco

I'm glad to have AusNTM back, but the absence of Charlotte is so glaring. It's nice that they're dedicating the season to her though. 

Some very pretty girls in the cycle. I hate, however, that they are doing a variation of the "score" thing that ANTM does which completely ruined the judging. 

At least there's no "social media" score, and the challenge was actually a realistic modeling scenario, so that's still lightyears better than ANTM as far as I'm concerned.

I agree the girls are very pretty in a modelesque way. Even the one in the bottom two who's barely animate (Cassie?) is gorgeous to look at. Another reason I like AusNTM so much better than ANTM is that the contestants are cast for their modeling potential rather than their "story".

The scoring essentially takes all the suspense out of it for everyone. It's just lame.  But yeah, thankfully no social media score. 

And yes, Charlotte is a massive gaping hole. Alex has no one to banter with. Jenn Bot doing it was not the same. The quality of the girls is what made it good fashion and the banter between Charlotte and Alex is what made it good tv. 

Don't know if anyone on here still watches AusNTM, but I just wanted to get off my chest that the most recent elimination was absolute bullshit. Phoebe's picture was much better than either Tanahya's or Zahra's - her face wasn't strong, but her pose and body looked amazing. Tanahya's was really awkward with her shoulders hiked up, and Zahra's was just completely bland. Phoebe had a higher challenge score than the other two as well. It looked like she was the sacrificial lamb for the season's shock elimination, something I would totally expect from Tyra but hate to see on AusNTM.

Wow looks like the NTM hamsters from the other countries are doing much better than anyone from ANTM. D&G, Versace, Marc Jacobs... A typical ANTM hamster will be lucky to book Target (Fo) or Walmart (Jaslene, Tootie, Whitney etc.)

• Love 2

Abbey Clancy set to make Britain's Next Top Model comeback as head judge... 10 years after making a name for herself on the show

The 29-year-old beauty - who was a fresh-faced 20-year-old when she placed runner-up on the modelling contest - will be acting as head judge alongside male model Paul Sculfor when BNTM makes a welcome return to Lifetime in early 2016.

Also taking part in the judging line-up will be fashion director and style guru Hilary Alexander OBE and celebrity photographer Nicky Johnston.

Much like the American version, the new series will incorporate an integrated social media campaign to encourage viewers to get involved with the unfolding action throughout the competition.

Filming is set to begin in September 2015 for an early 2016 broadcast date.

Just finished watching BINTM cycle 8 and I have to say.... how the hell did Lisa not win that???  The final 3 were not good at all.  I was impressed all season about how they were keeping the people who actually looked like models, then they went and ruined it by sending Risikat and Lisa home.  What BS!!

Just finished watching BINTM cycle 8 and I have to say.... how the hell did Lisa not win that??? The final 3 were not good at all. I was impressed all season about how they were keeping the people who actually looked like models, then they went and ruined it by sending Risikat and Lisa home. What BS!!

BNTM always does that... They have a handful of fantastic weeks in the beginning before it descends into wonky elimination orders and tacky, cheap photoshoots. I am literally searching the expanses of my brain for who was in the F3 with Letitia. Emma? And somebody else? Lisa and Risikat were also my favorites, but I hated that season.

• Love 1

Emma and Anita, Anita only slightly less forgettable than Emma.  What you said exactly describes the season... I was really impressed at first, especially after seeing the trainwreck that ANTM has descended into.  But then it just suddenly deteriorated.  I think the part that disturbed me the most was the photoshoot where they were putting tarantulas on to the models.  It was the spiders per se, but more the way that Tyson seemed to enjoy torturing the poor girls, who were obviously terrified.

Cycle 10 of Britain's NTM returns Thurs, 14 Jan 2016 on Lifetime TV

Lifetime brings back the ultimate reality show - Britain’s Next Top Model.

The show is under new management with a panel of judges led by previous contestant Abbey Clancy and supermodel Paul Sculfor. Joining Abbey and Paul on the judging panel is fashion guru Hilary Alexander OBE and photographer to the stars Nicky Johnston. The brand new and exclusive premiere series centres around 12 would-be-models as they take on weekly challenges to find out who will win the coveted modelling contract and the chance of a lifetime in the final episode.  The 12 hopefuls meet experts and celebrities from the fashion and entertainment industry and each week one or more girls are eliminated from the competition by the elite panel of brand new judges. As the contestants are whittled down - who will be Britain’s Next Top Model? Find out only on Lifetime!
Edited by milkyaqua