Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Burn

It's taking too long for Margeaux to be murdered.

I feel like I'm the only person who wants the show to continue for one more season. I'd even settle for a shortened 12-15 episode season. This show can be a mess at times but it still entertains me and I would miss it if it were gone.

Speaking of shortened seasons, I really feel like a lot of the problems this show has could have been prevented if the writers didn't have to churn out 22-24 episodes a season. This type of show is much more suited for the 12-15 episode a season model.

It's because of terrible characters like Margeaux that we're stuck with that it should end, that and everything else has been wrapped up and the main revenge has already ended so there's no need to drag anything else out.  Speaking of the episode orders, that's what the original showrunner wanted and why he was booted off in the first place.

I think Madeline Stowe nailed it when she said that Victoria's story should have ended in that institution in the S3 finale. They could have squeezed another 6-8 episodes out of a shortened fourth season, but that's it. Who are we kidding? This show will never work in syndication.

chocolatine, on 20 Apr 2015 - 03:00 AM, said:

The Jack!Leaving!Forever!!! storyline was so contrived - he's just a plane ride away in LA, writers! Speaking of plane rides, how can Stevie afford to charter a private jet? I know she's a somewhat successful lawyer, but private jets are a .001% kind of thing. Anyhoo, I think this is setting up the ending to be Emily leaving the Hamptons and joining Jack in LA.

There are fractional jets where a company (her law firm) can lease access. You pay a rate and order a private jet like a private car.

Rosebud1970, on 20 Apr 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

No way, ab-so-lute-ly NO way that ginormous house would have exploded like that from a leaking gas fireplace.

You could see the air spaces under the French doors in the room that contained the fireplace itself. For that to have actually have happened, Victoria would have h to stuff towels under all the windows and then duct tape everything in place. A house that big is hella drafty.

I call shenanigans. But then, this show has long ago let go of ant semblance of reality.

There are stories about houses exploding from natural gas all the time. You actually need some air to make the fire burn. It's a matter of the air/fuel stoichiometry being correct. I just have a hard time believing that natural gas runs down to the Hamptons. If there's a big ole propane tank it's well hidden.

Edited by ketose

I think Madeline Stowe nailed it when she said that Victoria's story should have ended in that institution in the S3 finale. They could have squeezed another 6-8 episodes out of a shortened fourth season, but that's it. Who are we kidding? This show will never work in syndication.

Better rated shows have struggled with syndication and Revenge is doing way worse than many of those shows.  It really just needs to stop dragging it out and just end, they've used up everything: bringing David back/clearing him, Emily going back to Amanda, Emily exposing her secrets to the public, all the Graysons dead and the main revenge is over, etc.