Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Burn

This episode was meh.  Louise could've been a great mole, but instead she's just angry and jealous of Nolan.  The preview made me sad.  The chair is going to die :(

Well, they pretty much got rid of anything interesting in this series and left us with the new characters.  They turned every new character left into a random villain.

I believe Victoria engineered the attack in the parking garage on herself, as a first step in implicating Emily in her (supposed) death.  I'm not sure she's really dead, but if she is (or even if she isn't) I'm sure she has somehow framed Emily.

Mason Treadwell.  Yay!!

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 4

No way was that Emily in the parking lot - and wth?  How did Victoria just blow up Emily's house?  That's what I saw but maybe I was wrong?  I don't think there's any way she's coming back from this one....but I think the second grave will be David.  Sad - I finally kind of liked him for a minute. 

Mason! and the exponential voice over, too trite but also hey, Mason!

Margeaux and Louise are IDIOTS....ack, it's like the keystone cops or some crap.

LOVED Nolan's perhaps normal new beau!! :)  Go Nolan....

even if it was a plot point to make Emily out to be all alone.  Well, hell if VICTORIA wasn't a murderer, she wouldn't be huh?

Can't imagine how they'd continue the show after these episodes.

And - OMGAWD - Emily is still stupid.  Sure you can just break a hard drive in half and throw it in front of your house, kind of like dumping your computer into the ocean but even dumber.  Sigh.

Edited by Jlina

This episode was meh. Louise could've been a great mole, but instead she's just angry and jealous of Nolan. The preview made me sad. The chair is going to die :(

the chair maybe, but I wouldn't bet the house, no pun intended, on Victoria being dead. Victoria you and Conrad started this shit but as far as Amanda is concerned, it was ended. Louise, is back on the drugs and Margaux is probably sniffing too much ink. I still just can't understand Victoria's power over the stupid. I'm still guessing Margaux still has no idea that her father was complicit in any wrong doings. Mason seems that he also forgot how much he was involved with framing David.

And now Ben is bent all out of shape because Amanda didn't love him. Boo hoo. Let them bastardized Amanda, Nolan and Amanda are good once again, and that will make all the difference. I'm also betting Jack and Amanda will reunite. It's the old story; Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl.

I still can't get onboard with Margeaux and Louise helping Victoria get revenge on Emily.  Because yeah, Emily did some terrible things, but so did Victoria.  Doesn't killing Aiden count as revenge for all of Emily's revenge-y schemes?  What more does she need to do to feel like she's won?

I hope Mason stays around because otherwise I have no idea what they are going to do with these next few episodes.  I think he can still write his book, that can cover a lot more than what Emily said on TV.  It won't be breaking the story, but people will still buy it.  He has a right to be pissed though.

• Love 1

I still can't get onboard with Margeaux and Louise helping Victoria get revenge on Emily.  Because yeah, Emily did some terrible things, but so did Victoria.  Doesn't killing Aiden count as revenge for all of Emily's revenge-y schemes?  What more does she need to do to feel like she's won?

And now Ben is bent all out of shape because Amanda didn't love him. Boo hoo.

Just terrible characters who turn into villains for the most ridiculous reasons if that.  This is why I don't want anymore reboots/new characters taking over because we end up with this nonsense.

• Love 3

This show is just a steaming pile of crap now. Are we really rehashing the "Victoria dies, but not really" storyline again?

The Jack!Leaving!Forever!!! storyline was so contrived - he's just a plane ride away in LA, writers! Speaking of plane rides, how can Stevie afford to charter a private jet? I know she's a somewhat successful lawyer, but private jets are a .001% kind of thing. Anyhoo, I think this is setting up the ending to be Emily leaving the Hamptons and joining Jack in LA.

Margaux and Louise are the epitome of "the deaf leading the blind". Judging by the hair and makeup, Louise is the blind one.

Please, writers, let Tony be a normal person. Nolan deserves some happiness, not to mention a life that isn't centered around Emily.

• Love 3

They were worried about Emily getting the flash drive with all the evidence of her wrongdoing on it, so what do they do? They carry it around with them. Does anybody think about uploading it somewhere? Nope. They could have put it all on YouTube, & there would be no recovery from it, but no, why do something intelligent like that when you can just wave it around until Emily steals it?

This show is just a steaming pile of crap now. Are we really rehashing the "Victoria dies, but not really" storyline again?

I certainly hope not, she better be dead & stay that way. We know it wasn't Emily that attacked her, but it was obviously a female, so I'm guessing it was whoever Courtney Love was. Or Charlotte.

I don't see any way that this can't be the end of the series.

• Love 1

No way, ab-so-lute-ly NO way that ginormous house would have exploded like that from a leaking gas fireplace.

You could see the air spaces under the French doors in the room that contained the fireplace itself. For that to have actually have happened, Victoria would have h to stuff towels under all the windows and then duct tape everything in place. A house that big is hella drafty.

I call shenanigans. But then, this show has long ago let go of ant semblance of reality.

• Love 4

If Victoria is really dead, how does Emanda get framed for murder? It was Emanda's house that Victoria blew up and what would be the explanation for Victoria being there in the first place?

Last episode, didn't Victoria have her own techie guy (Mr. "Nolan Ross is the old me") come and make copies of the files? And she must have had copies since she was able to make another flash drive to give to the FBI agent after the first one was stolen in the attack. So what makes Emanda think all is clear just because she got back that one drive (and I agree with JLina...she thinks just breaking the drive in half destroys it?...burn the darn thing at least!)?

• Love 2

All I could think about in the last scene was how terrible the security system is since Victoria was able to stroll into the mansion without setting off any of Nolan's alarms and then drag the chair in while wearing four inch heels.

Emily is still stupid.  Sure you can just break a hard drive in half and throw it in front of your house, kind of like dumping your computer into the ocean but even dumber.  Sigh.

Ha, I thought the same thing. And this time she didn't even throw the pieces in the ocean. They're just in her bushes.

Am I supposed to believe that Victoria is really dead? Did she do this just to frame Emily?

Ben can STFU. Boo hoo, you don't love m as much as you love Jack! Let's see, she's known Jack almost her entire life and she has known Ben for, like, two weeks?

• Love 2

The writing continues to deteriorate.  Why hasn't Victoria been arrested for conspiracy to commit murder in the airline disaster and for murder in Aiden's demise.  If Emanda's revelations are correct, they have enough to keep the court system busy for years.

As least with Emanda, they tried to explain her not being arrested for fraud as a kind of "Get out of jail free card" as payback for unjustly incarcerating her father.  It's weak but at least an attempt to explain why she wasn't arrested.  But why not Victoria?

I really hoped the writers would write a revenge story in which Victoria is socially cornered with all the truths coming out in full for her to be shamed by public opinion.  It seems that the revelations on the talk show were vague at best, and I don't think such complicated writing is within the capabilities of the authors.  

I'm really shocked at the amount of people who think there is even a small chance that Victoria faked her death.

Victoria is 100% certainly dead, guys.

There was nothing ambiguous about the way that scene was shot. Hell, the director bent over backwards to make it as explicit as possible. We could have just seen a shot of Victoria in the chair and then cut to the manor blowing up in the distance. But we instead get a deliberate zoom-out from Victoria's hand directly to the room exploding. On primetime network TV that's as explicit as a death like that is going to get- we're not going to see Victoria bursting into flame ala Scream 3.

Not to mention that her getting dolled up and putting the throne back in the living room are completely extraneous decisions in a fake death. Now that's not to say she can't somehow pin this on Emily. But short of this being a dream sequence, Victoria is dead and gone. Which I'm happy about because it means a) we finally have a female main cast death and b) Vicky gets to be with Daniel and Conrad as opposed to alone on Earth which is kind of beautiful.

Speaking of directing, this episode had some of the best I've seen on a TV show in a long, long time. Every scene had a shot that just stood out as visually impressive. Major props to whoever the director is.

• Love 5

Either they're ending it or they're starting fresh.

I hope it's the former and not the latter, because there's really nothing else to start fresh to.  They might as well make a new show or since they already have a similar sounding premise with Kingmakers, a new show in development, they could just go and do that instead.

I liked Nolan outsmarting Louise and showing how in over her head she is. :)

Not much of an accomplishment there.  :P.

Edited by Free

I still think Victoria hired some goon to attack her in the parking garage.  There is no way her bodyguard parked that far away unless he was instructed to do so by Victoria.  And since someone mentioned that it might have been a female who attacked Victoria, I think it might have been the Courtney Love character.  Victoria was such a great actress in this episode, looking all scared and downtrodden until the end.  Yes, I'm convinced she has somehow framed Emily.

I loved Jack this episode.  Well, I've always liked him, but especially last night.  He actually walked a way.  For now.  Emily was right, she doesn't deserve him. 

I hope Tony is really a good guy.  Nolan finally deserves that.

Louise and Margaux? Please.

No way, ab-so-lute-ly NO way that ginormous house would have exploded like that from a leaking gas fireplace.

You could see the air spaces under the French doors in the room that contained the fireplace itself. For that to have actually have happened, Victoria would have h to stuff towels under all the windows and then duct tape everything in place. A house that big is hella drafty.

I call shenanigans. But then, this show has long ago let go of ant semblance of reality.

Exactly what I said! I also was waiting for Jack to see the house exploding from the air and come back. I am so ready for this show to end.

I agree with you guys. There is no way that Victoria is dead. This is yet another swerve that's not really a swerve. Bummer because I am so tired of that witch. I'm also tired of Margaux and he once promising Louise too.  

• Love 1

Not even taking into account the soap opera dead body guidelines, I think Victoria is faking it because she's way too selfish to really kill herself, not even to take Emily down. Also, it's too risky to screw something like that up. What if Emily has an ironclad alibi? There are no do-overs when it's for real. Victoria is stealing Emily's season 3 idea.

Mason is probable right about Amamda in that it's going to be hard for her to adjust, to life, without revenge. It's all she knew and I equate it to a soldier returning from a battle zone. That's why quite a few serve additional tours of duty. Victoria, if she is really dead, lived to be a socialite bitch. Victoria, unlike Amanda, took the cowards way out because, all in all, she always felt inadequate. Her arrogance was just a facade. Now if she is alive, which I think she is, than I give her kudos for pulling off something that Amanda and Nolan never saw coming.

No way that entire house could have been blown up with just gas from the fireplace. With that much gas, Victoria would have been dead before she could flick her zippo. Also you would think that there would be a safety device, like a timer, that would shut down the gas flow if a flame was not sensed within a minute.

Why didn't Nolan remind Louise that she was complicit in Lymam's death? Why did the FBI agent tell Victoria that he is going to believe her because she brought them information on Conrad? Didn't a FBI agent die in the plane that Victoria so conveniently got off?

Two graves huh. Wouldn't it be a hoot, if the show is finally over, with Amanda faking her death and the last sceen is Amanda and Victoria, on a beach, holding hands.

Emily did some terrible things, but so did Victoria.  Doesn't killing Aiden count as revenge for all of Emily's revenge-y schemes?  What more does she need to do to feel like she's won?

THIS. It's especially infuriating that Margaux and Louise just forgive Victoria ALL of her crimes including straight up murder, and can't see that Victoria was so faking the "terror" she felt about Emily coming after her. 

Last episode, didn't Victoria have her own techie guy (Mr. "Nolan Ross is the old me") come and make copies of the files?

Yes! And this was the number one reason why I think that Victoria faked her death. I think she still has this evidence hidden somewhere.

I call shenanigans. But then, this show has long ago let go of any semblance of reality.

They showed Victoria standing on the balcony with the french doors wide open after she turned the gas on!! There's no freakin' way that room, much less the whole estate would blow up. Also, how did Victoria get into Emanda's house? You can't tell me that she hadn't had the locks changed and Nolan wire that place up to be recording every movement on the property. And how did Victoria get that damn ugly-ass chair into the house by herself?

Josh Pence is hot. He looks damn good in a suit and glasses.

But I can't abide his neck beard. Clean that shit up!

Hard to believe Queen Victoria would kill herself, but I think she did, at least based on what we saw. Then again, it looked pretty clear like she was in the plane that blew up too, and that was a fake-out.

I really hope the two graves are Louise and Margaux. They are horrible! Like Nolan said, they picked the wrong side. Victoria and everyone else deserved what they got, even Margaux's father was in one the whole terrorist plot and cover up.

Not sure how many episodes are left, but we lost Jack, his son and mother, Victoria tonight. In the end, will everyone be gone, leaving Emily alone? (her dad will die, Nolan will move in with his boy-friend, who's left?)

Hard to believe Queen Victoria would kill herself, but I think she did, at least based on what we saw. Then again, it looked pretty clear like she was in the plane that blew up too, and that was a fake-out.

I really hope the two graves are Louise and Margaux. They are horrible! Like Nolan said, they picked the wrong side. Victoria and everyone else deserved what they got, even Margaux's father was in one the whole terrorist plot and cover up.

Not sure how many episodes are left, but we lost Jack, his son and mother, Victoria tonight. In the end, will everyone be gone, leaving Emily alone? (her dad will die, Nolan will move in with his boy-friend, who's left?)

Hear, hear!.  I can almost forgive Margaux because her relationship to Victoria and her father's death prejudiced her so that she viewed everything from Victoria's perspective.  And I doubt Victoria told Margaux about killing Aidan.  But really, the fact that she can't comprehend that Victoria was complicit and even an active participant in the cover-up of the plane crash that lead to David Clarke being convicted of terrorism is sort of ludicrous.  That alone should make her wary of Victoria's assertions and claims that she is the victim in the situation.  So even giving her credit for a form of family loyalty born blind spot, I have trouble accepting this idiot as the same woman we saw through the first half of Season 3.  That woman seemed to have a brain and a healthy skepticism about the Greysons at large.  It's like the second she started liking Daniel on any level, she lost all her IQ points.

As for Louise, she's just a plain idiot and I have no use for her.  She's whining and moaning about how awful Nolan and Amanda are without any thought to the fact that they are the ones that saved her from her family.  But because Nolan said a few hurtful things and didn't tell her all of Amanda's secrets, they are both the worst and obviously the bad people in this equation.  Unlike Margaux, I have no idea from where her loyalty to Victoria is born.  I know they bonded a bit in the institution, but that was when Louise was highly medicated and delusional.  Since then, Vic mostly ignored her and Louise seemed to be over her fixation.  Conversely, she absolutely would have a reason to feel obligated and/or loyal to Amanda after she saved her.

But there they both were last night, lapping up whatever Victoria said.  Ugh.  It's not even fun to watch.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 5

I'm really shocked at the amount of people who think there is even a small chance that Victoria faked her death.

There was nothing ambiguous about the way that scene was shot. Hell, the director bent over backwards to make it as explicit as possible. We could have just seen a shot of Victoria in the chair and then cut to the manor blowing up in the distance. But we instead get a deliberate zoom-out from Victoria's hand directly to the room exploding. On primetime network TV that's as explicit as a death like that is going to get- we're not going to see Victoria bursting into flame ala Scream 3.

Not to mention that her getting dolled up and putting the throne back in the living room are completely extraneous decisions in a fake death. Now that's not to say she can't somehow pin this on Emily. But short of this being a dream sequence, Victoria is dead and gone. Which I'm happy about because it means a) we finally have a female main cast death and b) Vicky gets to be with Daniel and Conrad as opposed to alone on Earth which is kind of beautiful.

David Clarke was dead too, he got stabbed to death in jail. His body was supposedly buried, but, surprise! David is not dead. I think there is a very good chance that Victoria isn't dead, especially because 

Madeline Stowe is listed on IMDB as being in all the remaining episodes this season.

Louise and Margaux are truly the new Dumb and Dumber.

It's so aggravating to hear them and others talk about how Emily is literally the devil who killed all their friends and family members. Um, no, she didn't.

• Love 3

Louise and Margaux are truly the new Dumb and Dumber.

It's so aggravating to hear them and others talk about how Emily is literally the devil who killed all their friends and family members. Um, no, she didn't.

And the worst part is we're stuck with the Dumbass Duo, well I guess you can add Ben in and make it a trio.

• Love 1

Did anyone else flash back to Xander telling Buffy to stop Riley from leaving? The difference being Emanda really does love Jack, even if she's probably too messed up to function in a healthy relationship.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ha, I was thinking of Buffy running to get to Riley's helicopter. The difference is that I couldn't stand Riley so I wanted him to leave forever. In this case, I was happy for Jack that he was starting over and that he and the kid will get to spend time with his mom.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Bye, Victoria. Hello, flashback Victoria. Any other hoops they'd jump through to have her be alive, would be the death knell for a once halfway decent, now just watchable show.

Why anyone involved in this show would want to continue, beyond stability and money, is beyond my understanding. They're at least getting to a good place to end it all neatly. I suppose a little Mason makes up for all of the lame non-Emily foes that are left.

Edited by JinNashville
  • Love 1

There comes a time to end it and this SHOULD be it.  It hasn't been the same since David came back.

It hasn't been the same since season 2 started.

• Love 3

Wow, they killed off Queen Victoria. Was not expecting them to go there, but it makes sense that Victoria would risk her life to end Amanda's.

The Victoria/martyr act was getting old. Hate how she was playing the victim to Margeaux and Louise when she's done much worse than Emily.

Poor Jack- my shipper heart was breaking. Nolan's boyfriend seems like a great guy- I hope he stays that way.

Victoria has to be setting things up...  Why would she pay a dude $$$ to steal the chair only to go back to the mansion, replace said chair & blow it (and her) to smithereens?  Makes no sense...but then again:  writers.

Time for ABC just out and out say it - this show is done for.

Victoria blowing herself up was something I didn't expect her to do but she did look well and truly defeated/super paranoid in this episode.

Doesn't take a genius to see that Margaux, Louise and probably a dumped Ben will now make sure that Emily gets the blame for this one.

Mason showing up at the end probably rules him out as mysterious sharpy person too. He was pretty scathing with Emily as well.

Jack just up and leaving like that felt more like a hissy fit on his part.

David having lymphoma didn't feel too shocking but I really liked his scenes with Stevie this week.

Nolan and Tony - thank you, show. Nolan getting the better of Louise - also a great thing, 9/10

Obviously the title of the finale refers to the opening quote of the series 'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves'.

I think that's not only for Emily, but for all the characters in Revenge.

Emily will have to pay for all the crimes in the past by maybe faking her death in the finale and run for the rest of her life. I can see that happen. Victoria is dead but Emily won't win. That's her 'two graves'.

Nolan will most likely get a happy ending, perhaps with Tony. (Although I don't see tony listed for the last two episodes, that worries me with crazy Louise around the corner).

Jack will also get a happy ending, with or without Emily. I'm sure we will see him happy with Carl and Stevie at the end.

Margaux and Louise on the other hand, full of revenge. I just don't see them outlive the series. Especially with White Gold returning and she isn't happy with margaux. I can see Margaux dying at the hands of White Gold. Louise will make some drastic choices towards the finale, previously said by one of the writers. There can't come any good out of that. They will pay the price for their actions.

David, I'm not sure. I can also see him die at the end. Why else the sudden cancer?

Charlotte, THATS what I'm curious about. What will here role be in the last episodes?

Edited by Melvinvdriet
  • Love 1

Bye, Victoria. Hello, flashback Victoria. Any other hoops they'd jump through to have her be alive, would be the death knell for a once halfway decent, now just watchable show.

Why anyone involved in this show would want to continue, beyond stability and money, is beyond my understanding. They're at least getting to a good place to end it all neatly. I suppose a little Mason makes up for all of the lame non-Emily foes that are left.

They don't actually (for the most part) and Madeleine would be yet another actor who's checked out of this series and wanted to get out.

It's taking too long for Margeaux to be murdered.

I feel like I'm the only person who wants the show to continue for one more season. I'd even settle for a shortened 12-15 episode season. This show can be a mess at times but it still entertains me and I would miss it if it were gone.

Speaking of shortened seasons, I really feel like a lot of the problems this show has could have been prevented if the writers didn't have to churn out 22-24 episodes a season. This type of show is much more suited for the 12-15 episode a season model.

• Love 3

I feel like I'm the only person who wants the show to continue for one more season.

Not alone. I'd like to see the show continue. But only if they do something to fix this mess. And I honestly don't care how they do it.

• Love 1

I agree.  Victoria's hand could be seen resting on the arm of the chair until the very last instant.   I don't think there's a way around that.

A rather inglorious end for the queen of mean. 

Well, we know Emily would never be responsible for killing Victoria.  The show has been careful with that.  The closest she ever came was with the white haired man and she couldn't even kill him.  But this felt like lazy writing to me.  Oh, Victoria wants off the show?  Ok what's the fastest plot contrivance to make that happen?  I know, let's have her kill herself and frame Emily! 

I think it was totally out of character for Victoria to kill herself.  I know, they tried so hard to make us believe that she had lost everything and had nothing left to live for.  I didn't quite believe it.  But if it's the end, I'm ok with it.  I always felt Victoria would have to die.