Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: 11 Chefs Compete

• Start Topic

I missed hearing Ratzengerger's name, but I did hear the "bartender on Cheers" line and thought, "Wasn't that Sam and Woody?"

Yeah, and all of us OLD PEOPLE know Ratzenberger was "Cliff Claven the postman/mail carrier".  Duh!

And could it have been any clearer that the cheftestants were too young to know who the hell John Ratzenberger was?  I doubt any of the contestants (except the 45 year old - his name escapes me) has ever seen an episode of "Cheers". Or know who Fred Willard is.

Yeah, and all of us OLD PEOPLE know Ratzenberger was "Cliff Claven the postman/mail carrier". Duh!

You're not wrong. The kid has seen Cheers as part of her retro-media education, but Frasier was before she started grownup TV, and she was literally in kindergarten back when Frasier was actually funny. She's a sophomore in college.

Edited by Julia

And could it have been any clearer that the cheftestants were too young to know who the hell John Ratzenberger was?  I doubt any of the contestants (except the 45 year old - his name escapes me) has ever seen an episode of "Cheers". Or know who Fred Willard is.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you can find Cheers running in syndication somewhere pretty much 24x7.