Type keyword(s) to search

Juliette Silverton: She's A Vet By Trade

Actionmage

Personally, I kind of hope that Juliet is killed and then next season her twin sister, perhaps named Miranda or Hermione, comes to town to investigate her death.

Ugh, no.  I want Juliette dead and no twins.  

If I were Trubel, I have Hank take Nick back to the station, then cut off Juliette's head,  Make sure is never coming back. 

• Love 3

Yes, I've said this before. Totally agree with you. At least they gave us a reason. 

The whole Juliette "arc" had no real arc except for. "She's bland!" "Now she's so evil, she'll behead her boyfriend's mother!" 

Ugh. They're going to bring her back, and I'm going to want to poke my eyes out.

Exactly, it was all over the place.

• Love 1

I want to be clear about something, as well: I do not know Bitsie Tulloch and have never seen or heard or her before this show. I'm sure she's a perfect lovely person in real life. From what I've read, the cast all really like/ love each other and hang out frequently in Portland.

But I want Juliette deader than dead for season 5. And I'm one who actually liked her in the first season. Yes, her acting has always been pretty wooden, but as someone else mentioned, so has Trubel's and I LOVE her.

My uneasy dislike of her began when she lost all memory of Nick. I think we were supposed to think it was tragic and I did feel bad for Nick, but I never bought BT's internal torment. She just kind of looked like she really needed an uber bowel movement and it would be all better.

I really started to hate her when she was angry with Nick after Adalind raped him.

And now, to believe all would be forgiven when they bring her back is just too much. I don't care if she wasn't herself. I know if I went off in a bipolar rage and killed Mr. Monkey's mom, he would never EVER forgive me even after I was medicated and remorseful. Kinda the same thing.

I think we all know Juliette is not dead, because, yeah, even though one should have nothing to do with the other, they will not kill off the actress who is the lead actor's rl live in girlfriend.  I'm seriously almost expecting that next season will end up being an abbreviated season; NBC will place it on hiatus or move it to Saturday night at 7 pm and it will definitely NOT be renewed. Thanks, Juliette.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think we all know Juliette is not dead, because, yeah, even though one should have nothing to do with the other, they will not kill off the actress who is the lead actor's rl live in girlfriend.  I'm seriously almost expecting that next season will end up being an abbreviated season; NBC will place it on hiatus or move it to Saturday night at 7 pm and it will definitely NOT be renewed. Thanks, Juliette.

I tend to think Juliette isn't coming back because of the nature of the swerve in the past nine episode.  Juliette was a hexenbiest, and a somewhat uncontrolled hexenbiest in episodes 9-13 (yes she changed in episode 8 but only right at the end)  However, aside from her dreams/nightmares, she didn't seem malevolent.  I'm wondering if there was some kind of conversation like:

GrimmCreators: "Hey, Bitsie, we have an awesome storyline for you.  We're turning you into a super hexenbiest.  It's gonna be badass!"

Bitsie: "Um, yeah, great.  Listen, is there anyone I can leave after this season?  Will Smith liked working with me in Concussion, so he wants me in Bad Boys 3, Men in Black 4 and Independence Day 2.  Also, Disney would like me to play R2-D2's girlfriend, La-lo Lee-loo in the Star Wars movie after The Force Awakens.  Apparently, they liked what they saw in Beneath the Dome*.  Who knew?"

* Not to be confused with the CBS series about stupid, irritating people stuck under a force field.  Bitsie Tulloch was a location scout for Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and was tapped to play R2-D2's girlfriend in the mockumentary biopic, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 1

I'm seriously almost expecting that next season will end up being an abbreviated season; NBC will place it on hiatus or move it to Saturday night at 7 pm and it will definitely NOT be renewed

So far it's still on Fridays and it's back to its old time slot in the Fall, but it should definitely end soon.

* Not to be confused with the CBS series about stupid, irritating people stuck under a force field.

She would actually fit right in that show.

I tend to think Juliette isn't coming back because of the nature of the swerve in the past nine episode.  Juliette was a hexenbiest, and a somewhat uncontrolled hexenbiest in episodes 9-13 (yes she changed in episode 8 but only right at the end)  However, aside from her dreams/nightmares, she didn't seem malevolent.

Something had to have happened, even by this show's standard of bad writing, that was way too erratic of a character/story direction change.

The motivation for Juliette has been so poorly presented by the show that I just don't know what's supposed to be going on.  I thought maybe the slow walk with the Kelly flashbacks in the penultimate episode was supposed to show that Juliette was having a tiny bit of remorse in her cold, dead heart, but other than that scene and her her claim to Nick in the finale that she didn't mean for Kelly to die, nothing on screen has given much of a hint that old Juliette might still be in there.  Those two things are pretty weak.  So what if she felt bad for Kelly while she slow-walked down the stairs to pick up Diana?  That and a buck-fifty will buy Nick a cup of coffee.  Thanks a lot, Juliette.  Besides, I tend to think she was lying.

The is-she-dead-or-not? scene where she basically asked Nick to kill her - I also can't figure out a motivation for except that she was just taunting him.  If she has kind of a split personality and that was the "real" Juliette coming out to beg for death because she's so miserable, why wouldn't she just say so?  Why wouldn't she tell Nick she can't control herself and he needs to kill her to protect the world?  Instead she was all passive aggressive about it.  Either the whole thing was just an act and she was lying and in complete control the whole time, or else the writers are even worse than I thought.  I fully realize the latter could be and probably is true.  I'm probably trying to figure out character motivations that the writers themselves haven't decided on or maybe even thought about at all.

• Love 4

The motivation for Juliette has been so poorly presented by the show that I just don't know what's supposed to be going on.  I thought maybe the slow walk with the Kelly flashbacks in the penultimate episode was supposed to show that Juliette was having a tiny bit of remorse in her cold, dead heart, but other than that scene and her her claim to Nick in the finale that she didn't mean for Kelly to die, nothing on screen has given much of a hint that old Juliette might still be in there.  Those two things are pretty weak.  So what if she felt bad for Kelly while she slow-walked down the stairs to pick up Diana?  That and a buck-fifty will buy Nick a cup of coffee.  Thanks a lot, Juliette.  Besides, I tend to think she was lying.

The is-she-dead-or-not? scene where she basically asked Nick to kill her - I also can't figure out a motivation for except that she was just taunting him.  If she has kind of a split personality and that was the "real" Juliette coming out to beg for death because she's so miserable, why wouldn't she just say so?  Why wouldn't she tell Nick she can't control herself and he needs to kill her to protect the world?  Instead she was all passive aggressive about it.  Either the whole thing was just an act and she was lying and in complete control the whole time, or else the writers are even worse than I thought.  I fully realize the latter could be and probably is true.  I'm probably trying to figure out character motivations that the writers themselves haven't decided on or maybe even thought about at all.

Exactly, the 'motivations' (or whatever they're supposed to be) is poorly written and executed, her character is all over the place.  What exactly did Juliette benefit out of blindly working with the Royals for no reason at all?  There's no inner struggle or anything at all, we just get awkwardly cut flashbacks with Juliette's blank face while she goes along with whatever evil plan.  It's like she stopped trying to go after Adalind halfway through this arc when that was the whole point to begin with and while Adalind went to Nick for protection and then that just got dropped, then she suddenly targeting Nick for no good reason.

(edited)

That scene was just...problematic.  This what I think they were trying to do, but failed on account of clumsy writing and bad acting (probably more the latter in this case).  I think there was supposed to be real internal turmoil for Juliette.  Yes, she loved Nick and, yes, she felt remorse, but there was something in her that just couldn't stop it.  The only escape she could see for herself would have been for Nick to kill her.  When he didn't do that, the biest side of her came out again.

Now, I don't think that is how that scene came off AT ALL.  Partly, because Juliette the Hexenbiest was never well-thought out and rarely well-performed.  

But I'll forgive all that if she will just STAY DEAD.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think BT did a bad job in that final scene given the writing, at least the first part.  I got that the real human Juliette was still in there wanting to be killed out of guilt for her sins.  But then when Nick didn't, she instantly reverted back to hexenbitch, no soul and no conscience.  That's where I wanted to see the turmoil, where she still feels the pain and regret but can't stop herself from attacking Nick.  Or even attacks him out of anger for not giving her release from this world.  So I guess BT got the scene half right, which is better than nothing.

Edited by Dobian
(edited)

The thought process that Juliette has to be evil because it's her nature even though she loves Nick is just...wow. Juliette has met the Captain and Monroe right?

This. Also, remember back in Season 2 when Nick's love for Juliette was enough to make him shrug off the Siren's influence and come to his senses? No sign of a similar effect on Juliet. I think it's been fairly clear, going back to the first season, that Juliette wasn't as invested in the relationship as Nick was.

I want to be clear about something, as well: I do not know Bitsie Tulloch and have never seen or heard or her before this show. I'm sure she's a perfect lovely person in real life. From what I've read, the cast all really like/ love each other and hang out frequently in Portland.

But I want Juliette deader than dead for season 5. And I'm one who actually liked her in the first season. Yes, her acting has always been pretty wooden, but as someone else mentioned, so has Trubel's and I LOVE her.

My uneasy dislike of her began when she lost all memory of Nick. I think we were supposed to think it was tragic and I did feel bad for Nick, but I never bought BT's internal torment. She just kind of looked like she really needed an uber bowel movement and it would be all better.

I really started to hate her when she was angry with Nick after Adalind raped him.

And now, to believe all would be forgiven when they bring her back is just too much. I don't care if she wasn't herself. I know if I went off in a bipolar rage and killed Mr. Monkey's mom, he would never EVER forgive me even after I was medicated and remorseful. Kinda the same thing.

Right there with you on all of the above. While I'll call it even if Juliette turns out to be dead from multiple arrow wounds laced with a poison supposedly strong enough to kill anything, for my peace of mind I'd have preferred an exit like Fred Ward's from Naked Gun 33 1/3:

https://youtu.be/d18pm13G38I?t=2m17s

Edited by Bruinsfan

That gave me a laugh, but it's true, at the time I thought that was badly over-played.  I mean, I suppose I have heard of real-life cases of amnesia in a member of a couple, where the person never regained their memory and yet fell in love with the person a second time, and maybe my feelings are colored by that.  Because it probably doesn't happen like that every time.  But there should have been either a flicker of affection or connection, or more overt torment, as mentioned.  Especially since she remembered everything else.  This, along with turning down the proposal and all of this latest biest hostility, makes it pretty clear she did not care for him the way he did for her.

• Love 1

I so loved the sweet Juliette and I  am so very sorry that they went this route with her character. I would have been happy with her staying in the background even and being the supportive partner rather than this. Really turned me off from this show what the writers contorted her into becoming and doing. Probably not coming back, even tho she wasn't my favorite character I am just disgusted.

• Love 1

I don't think she's DEAD dead, either, and agree with those who think it's only HexenJuliette who was killed. But the whole storyline was poorly executed, because they went out of their way to show that she wasn't posessed...just evil. They showed her desperate to rid herself of the curse, slowly come to accept it, then become drunk with power. We even got a glimpse of her conscience - being kind to the child while hating Nick - so we know she was still herself. AND it was presented as a clear contrast with Renard, who was also cursed, but with no recollection of his actions and no real accountability. How could they walk this back?

I so loved the sweet Juliette and I am so very sorry that they went this route with her character. I would have been happy with her staying in the background even and being the supportive partner rather than this. Really turned me off from this show what the writers contorted her into becoming and doing. Probably not coming back, even tho she wasn't my favorite character I am just disgusted.

Same. I'm a new Grimm fan. I binged watched the entire series. currently on Season 4b where Juliette is harassing the crap out of Adalind after that showdown at Nick/Juliette house lol. I don't like what they did to Juliette. She was my favorite character. She was kind, sweet, supportive, & selfless. Especially where Nick & his friends were concerned. This may be a result of my binge watching but I feel like she was the one that always suffered the consequences of Nick being a Grimm. At least the most damaging/long term consequences. So coming into the fandom and seeing that she really wasn't popular was shocking to me. I loved her. Sad to see her go. Her 4b arc is very frustrating (even more than the amnesia arc) & you're right disgusting. Her behavior is very puzzling and OOC. I would be delighted to have her back but from what I hear she's dead dead. So season 5 will be interesting for me.

Edited by SmoakingLove
  • Love 3

Same. I'm a new Grimm fan. I binged watched the entire series. currently on Season 4b where Juliette is harassing the crap out of Adalind after that showdown at Nick/Juliette house lol. I don't like what they did to Juliette. She was my favorite character. She was kind, sweet, supportive, & selfless. Especially where Nick & his friends were concerned. This may be a result of my binge watching but I feel like she was the one that always suffered the consequences of Nick being a Grimm. At least the most damaging/long term consequences. So coming into the fandom and seeing that she really wasn't popular was shocking to me. I loved her. Sad to see her go. Her 4b arc is very frustrating (even more than the amnesia arc) & you're right disgusting. Her behavior is very puzzling and OOC. I would be delighted to have her back but from what I hear she's dead dead. So season 5 will be interesting for me.

I will admit that  I have never seen character assassination to the point that Juliette got in season 4.  The whole thing is very odd--I can't tell if they had plans to continue the character and then let the character get so out of hand that they had to kill her off or not.  As for why BT left the show is a bit of a mystery.  I can't see them firing her, given her personal relationship with DG (especially since he reportedly got her the job in the first place).  She could have wanted to leave--except she's living in Portland and, other than filming an episode of Portlandia and heading up to a Canadian fan convention (for Grimm!), she doesn't seem to have much else going on.  Yes, she has a few movies coming out.  One or two (I think one may have already been released) are very low budget and I suspect straight-to-video sorts of things and, in the other, Concussion, I believe she plays a very small part, so I can't see the press requirements for that being very big.

While I don't think that Juliette was the best role for her (or maybe she wasn't the best for the role of Juliette--she really doesn't do the last half of season 4 well at all), I won't go out and say that I think she's a bad actress--she has enough credits to her name to support the opposite.  She is also, from every account that I've heard and read, an exceptionally kind person--so I wish her the best professionally.  There are 3 other shows that film here in Portland (Portlandia, The Librarians--if that one is even still going, and a show for the CW) and the city is very active in trying to attract more TV and Film work so, who knows...

Edited by OtterMommy

Honestly, she's one of the worst actresses I've ever seen on TV. Her lack of enunciation and strange line deliveries, her perpetual deer-in-headlights facial expressions, the way she comes off like a stoned, dazed valley girl even when she's supposed to be 'emoting.' The role was really ill-defined and underwritten from the start, and I'm not sure even a great actress could have made the part especially compelling, but this is one instance where I don't think the widespread snarking on an actress is unearned---for me, BT really IS as bad an actress as many claim she is. 

• Love 1

Honestly, she's one of the worst actresses I've ever seen on TV. Her lack of enunciation and strange line deliveries, her perpetual deer-in-headlights facial expressions, the way she comes off like a stoned, dazed valley girl even when she's supposed to be 'emoting.' The role was really ill-defined and underwritten from the start, and I'm not sure even a great actress could have made the part especially compelling, but this is one instance where I don't think the widespread snarking on an actress is unearned---for me, BT really IS as bad an actress as many claim she is. 

I've seen her in a few bits of Quarterlife, which was a very different role, and she was pretty good--although she may have been playing something closer to her own personality.  I think her performance on Portlandia will be telling, though.

I think her performance on Portlandia will be telling, though.

I don't think we'll get a chance to see that until something like February, right?  She may have a flair for the absurd.  My fevered brain had a thought while doing yard work--they wouldn't bring the actress back as Juliette's sister or cousin, would they? Would they?  Saints preserve us. 

I don't think we'll get a chance to see that until something like February, right?  She may have a flair for the absurd.  My fevered brain had a thought while doing yard work--they wouldn't bring the actress back as Juliette's sister or cousin, would they? Would they?  Saints preserve us. 

No...if they are going to bring Juliette back--and no matter what was said at SDCC, that is still a possibility in my mind (although it shouldn't be.  I think this show has already met its limit on bringing people back from the dead and the presumed dead--it will be as Juliette.

Yeah, I'm not sure when the Portlandia episode will air, although I do plan to watch it.  I've actually been watching up old episodes, mostly because I've been binge watching House of Cards with my husband and I really needed a palate cleanser from that.  Comedy is really tricky and the Portlandia version of it (dead pan / satire) is especially so.  Who knows, maybe BT has a secret funny bone that we never saw in Grimm, but that would surprise me.

BT is pretty transparent on social media about what she has been doing and, so far, it has been domestic rather than professional.  But, who knows, maybe that's what she wants.

I will say, though, that one aspect of BT on Grimm that I do miss is the social media side.  She was great about posting behind the scenes stuff--nothing that spoiled anything, just fun things--and I really miss that.  No one else on the cast does that much at all.

• Love 1

Yes, BT was horrible in the role of Julliette and the character should have died after she was scratched by Adalind's cat.

What the show really needed was a character that had sizzling chemistry with Nik AND Renard, and that sure was not Juliette.  Rendard should have fallen in love with Juliette which would have put his need for Nik in jeopardy and that was never the case.  Juliette should have been torn between her love for Nik and having fallen for Renard during their obsession phase and not knowing how to deal with either man.

Yes, BT was horrible in the role of Julliette and the character should have died after she was scratched by Adalind's cat.

What the show really needed was a character that had sizzling chemistry with Nik AND Renard, and that sure was not Juliette.  Rendard should have fallen in love with Juliette which would have put his need for Nik in jeopardy and that was never the case.  Juliette should have been torn between her love for Nik and having fallen for Renard during their obsession phase and not knowing how to deal with either man.

The idea of a Nick - Renard - Juliette (or someone else) love triangle turns me off.  Frankly, I don't think this show can handle ANY love triangle.  There are plenty of shows on TV that can provide that sort of drama and Grimm doesn't need to join in the fray.  They need to spend their time going after monsters.

Plus, I don't think BT could have handled being in the midst of a love triangle--and I'm not sure a season 2 DG could have either (he has grown immensely as an actor and I think he might be able to handle something like that now, but not back in season 2).  SR definitely could have, but I think that goes without saying.

Thinking back, the complaints about Juliette were pretty clear (and, ironically, not that different from the complaints about Adalind)...her reason for being in the show never made complete sense.  I really don't think any actress could have really played that role to a point where it satisfied a majority of the viewers.  And it says something about the creators/writers.  They don't understand women....and I'm about to go down a rabbit hole, so I'll move this over the writing thread.....

Yes, SR could carry off a love triangle and DG was just way too green in the beginning of the show.  The show should have found a more experienced and capable actor to play the role of Juliette.

Love triangles are so messy.  I can't even recall if a show has been able to do it well.  It becomes angsty and dramatic. 

I would rather have time devoted to building character depth and character relationships like Nick/Monroe and Monroe/Rosalee.  Love triangles seem to devolve any character depth and to destroy character relationships.

• Love 2

Love triangles are so messy.  I can't even recall if a show has been able to do it well.  It becomes angsty and dramatic. 

I would rather have time devoted to building character depth and character relationships like Nick/Monroe and Monroe/Rosalee.  Love triangles seem to devolve any character depth and to destroy character relationships.

Exactly, it's rarely if at all done well, it usually brings down all the characters involved down as well as making it annoying to watch especially in my case as Idc most of the time it happens.

• Love 1

Interesting discussion. I'm currently binge watching the show. I'm on S2E21. The whole memory loss thing was terrible. Not only did it destroy Juliette, but it destroyed Sean in my eyes. S1 built him up to be something menacing, someone who'd have a big impact/arc. The scene where he forced the other wessen to kneel before him, set a good tone. But the memory loss/sex obsession plot absolutely killed and neutered him as a character. It annoys me that this is how Nick found out he's a Prince. Such a lame way to revel an important fact.

Anyway, I liked Juliette in S1. I agree with others that she was sweet, I thought she did well in that role of the lead's clueless girlfriend. But things have gone awry and it looks like it gets worse.

Interesting discussion. I'm currently binge watching the show. I'm on S2E21. The whole memory loss thing was terrible. Not only did it destroy Juliette, but it destroyed Sean in my eyes. S1 built him up to be something menacing, someone who'd have a big impact/arc. The scene where he forced the other wessen to kneel before him, set a good tone. But the memory loss/sex obsession plot absolutely killed and neutered him as a character. It annoys me that this is how Nick found out he's a Prince. Such a lame way to revel an important fact.

Anyway, I liked Juliette in S1. I agree with others that she was sweet, I thought she did well in that role of the lead's clueless girlfriend. But things have gone awry and it looks like it gets worse.

It sounds like you haven't watched past s2, right?  But, to your final sentiment....oh yes.

I'm going to address the Renard issues in his thread....

Interesting discussion. I'm currently binge watching the show. I'm on S2E21.

I hope that you stick with the show.  I complain a lot about this show, but I still want those fairytale procedural episodes that happens every once in a while. 

She's best in small doses because the show doesn't know what to do with her character.  Then, the show got messier when they decided to expand Tulloch's vague role.  There was no direction about why Juliette did what she did. 

The whole memory loss thing was terrible. Not only did it destroy Juliette, but it destroyed Sean in my eyes. S1 built him up to be something menacing, someone who'd have a big impact/arc.

I agree.  I'll move it to the Renard thread.

When did the actors start dating? David and Bitsie. Before the show, or during the show?

It's not really clear.  The two kept their relationship under wraps for quite some time--which isn't unreasonable.  A lot of dating co-stars do that and I can understand why--once you sort of "come out" as a couple and your characters date, there can be a lot of pressure.  Plus, they may just have wanted privacy as they figured out their relationship.  

From what they've said (mostly Bitsie) in interviews and on social media, it sounds like they got together filming "Caroline and Jackie," the film they did before they were hired for Grimm.  DG was the first cast member hired for Grimm and I believe that BT was the last of the original main cast (Nick, Hank, Monroe, Renard, and Juliette).  Whether or not their relationship status had anything to do with her employment is speculation....

As for when they went public, I believe it was before season 4.  I follow the cast on IG and Twitter and, at some point last summer, the cat was out of the bag.  BT is pretty active in social media (and say what you want about Juliette--but I do miss all of her Behind the Scenes stuff that she'd post!) and she went from not having DG in any picture--and we're talking about pictures of the entire cast EXCEPT him--to ALL of her pictures being about him....  Okay, I'll admit it--I found it cute! 

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 1

I'm at the point where she's found out about wessen, and it seems like the writers are working really hard to involve her in the supernatural side of things. It's a tough spot for her. I can't help but think she'd have been better of being an antagonistic character like Adalind.

I'm at the point where she's found out about wessen, and it seems like the writers are working really hard to involve her in the supernatural side of things. It's a tough spot for her. I can't help but think she'd have been better of being an antagonistic character like Adalind.

Yeah, there was a lot of trying to make Juliette relevant in the 3rd season--which is too bad.  I mean, they really didn't have to try too hard.  There were eps where it was more natural (El Cucuy) and others where it was just forced and painful (can't remember the title...the one with the kid and the parasite).  But, in any case, it will be interesting to see how your thoughts evolve on this as you watch the show.....

This!  BT was horrible as Juliette.  Juliette and Renard's sex scene toward the end of S4 was cringe worthy at best and her previous love scenes with Nick were bland.

This!  BT was horrible as Juliette.  Juliette and Renard's sex scene toward the end of S4 was cringe worthy at best and her previous love scenes with Nick were bland.

I'm not arguing BT's acting ability, but I think the Juliette and Renard sex scene would have been cringe worthy no matter who was involved.  It was just...it just shouldn't have happened.  Heck, we're not even sure if it did happen (was it another hallucination?  Did it really happen?  Why would Renard consent, especially if his mouth hurt so much????)

I'm not arguing BT's acting ability, but I think the Juliette and Renard sex scene would have been cringe worthy no matter who was involved.  It was just...it just shouldn't have happened.  Heck, we're not even sure if it did happen (was it another hallucination?  Did it really happen?  Why would Renard consent, especially if his mouth hurt so much????)

Renard was really beaten up after his encounter with Kenneth and when Juliette entered his bedroom.  The next time we see Renard is after he wakes up, glances over to the other side of the bed and looks relieved that he is alone, and all of his wounds are gone.  Did Renard have sex with Juliette?  I thought so, otherwise why did Juliette take off her shirt and kiss Renard as he starts to woge?

I thought the whole point of Juliette staying with Renard is because there were fans of the pairing and they wanted the two to hookup, which I thought was a HUGE backward step for Renard.  Renard even told Juliette he was fond of her and that was all when Adalind pulled her stunt by sleeping with Nik.

Edited by Darklazr

Renard was really beaten up after his encounter with Kenneth and when Juliette entered his bedroom.  The next time we see Renard is after he wakes up, glances over to the other side of the bed and looks relieved that he is alone, and all of his wounds are gone.  Did Renard have sex with Juliette?  I thought so, otherwise why did Juliette take off her shirt and kiss Renard as he starts to woge?

I thought the whole point of Juliette staying with Renard is because there were fans of the pairing and they wanted the two to hookup, which I thought was a HUGE backward step for Renard.  Renard even told Juliette he was fond of her and that was all when Adalind pulled her stunt by sleeping with Nik.

It was all done...messily.  After the fact, the writers and the show runners refused to confirm if the deed had actually been done or not.  I guess, though, that is not the real issue with all that.  The last half of season 4 was riddled with last minute bizarre edits (it was actually riddled with a lot of bad things, but there was a lot of very last minute--and, by that, I mean in the week preceding the episode--editing) which makes me think that someone realized that they were heading in the wrong direction and they were trying, desperately, to keep viewers.

So, my theory is that Renard and Juliette were supposed to have slept together--and there was probably much more of them that no one saw (there were numerous interviews with the cast saying that Renard was going to do something Nick could never forgive and they would never be able to work together again, yada yada yada...but nothing even remotely close to that ever happened).  Then, when the fans did a collective "blech," TPTB tried to write it off.

I guess when a large number of fans start tweeting and facebooking that they are not ever going to watch your show again--and the ratings show that they aren't bluffing--you might panic a bit.

• Love 1

So, my theory is that Renard and Juliette were supposed to have slept together--and there was probably much more of them that no one saw (there were numerous interviews with the cast saying that Renard was going to do something Nick could never forgive and they would never be able to work together again, yada yada yada...but nothing even remotely close to that ever happened). Then, when the fans did a collective "blech," TPTB tried to write it off.

Thank god they cut that. Sounds like Renard escaped getting character assassinated like what ended up happening to Juliette.

Even though the Jack the Ripper plot was lazy and rushed as hell, it was a billion times better than what we could have gotten with him and Juliette.

• Love 3

Thank god they cut that. Sounds like Renard escaped getting character assassinated like what ended up happening to Juliette.

Even though the Jack the Ripper plot was lazy and rushed as hell, it was a billion times better than what we could have gotten with him and Juliette.

I agree...which is terrible because I hated the Jack the Ripper plot.....

I agree...which is terrible because I hated the Jack the Ripper plot.....

I can't hate the Jack the Ripper plot, Sasha acted the hell out of those scenes even with that ridiculously bad accent.

It's more that they completely trashed the character in the last season and if they retcon all that, it will be all for naught.

She was complicit in Kelly's murder as well as the neighbors, destroyed the trailer, completely walked all over Nick and the gang constantly blaming them for everything until Trubel finally stopped her for once.  That's way beyond redemption, but nothing surprises me from these hacks.

It's not that I don't agree with you, because I do in a lot of ways.  Juliette as hexenbiest was horrific, I'm not arguing that.  And if they bring her back just for more of that crap, I'm done.  And if they bring her back, make her "good," and they go back to pre-hexen Nick and Juliette, well, the show will be over at that point.  But I'm just not convinced that there isn't a way to bring her back and reform (by that, I mean re-form, not reform as in rehabilitate) her character in a way that isn't just a rehash of old dramas and isn't a rewriting of history.    

I could be wrong...especially with this creative team...but I'm just not quite to the point where I can write the character off entirely.

But I'm just not convinced that there isn't a way to bring her back and reform (by that, I mean re-form, not reform as in rehabilitate) her character in a way that isn't just a rehash of old dramas and isn't a rewriting of history.   

I could be wrong...especially with this creative team...but I'm just not quite to the point where I can write the character off entirely.

That would only happen under better writers, which is also what my post is referring to because of how it was written and how it all went down.

I wrote off the character because we are still stuck with the same writers.

So even if they do try to 'redeem' her in the end, it's just a complete waste of time, just pointless angst for Nick that went nowhere.

Edited by Free
  • Love 2

It's not that I don't agree with you, because I do in a lot of ways.  Juliette as hexenbiest was horrific, I'm not arguing that.  And if they bring her back just for more of that crap, I'm done.  And if they bring her back, make her "good," and they go back to pre-hexen Nick and Juliette, well, the show will be over at that point.  But I'm just not convinced that there isn't a way to bring her back and reform (by that, I mean re-form, not reform as in rehabilitate) her character in a way that isn't just a rehash of old dramas and isn't a rewriting of history.   

I feel the same about Coffee.  She can act, so I want to root for her character and would want Adalind to continue to be a part of Grimm.  She was great in S1. 

However, the writers have screwed her.  She has done unforgivable things, so there's no way that she can be transformed into a good guy who'll play house with her rape victim.  However, she was also portrayed as a bumbling bad guy.  I just don't think there's anything left for the character.  What is left for the writers to try?  Where is her place on Grimm if she's not an adversary or an ally? 

If she was a minor character who works for the Resistance with Meisner, maybe she has a tangential place on Grimm.  At this point, her role is to play Odd Couple with Nick and to bring relationship angst and drama to the hero.

I never liked Juliette, so I'm not inclined to tolerate any version of her.  She has done unforgivable things, so she can't be redeemed to be a good guy again.  Her actions were inexcusable.

She was also terrible and bland as a bad guy.  She crossed the line by setting up Kelly to be murdered, so I don't know where the character can go after an inexcusable act.  Where does she go after she crosses the Rubicon, so to speak?  Setting up the hero's mother to be murdered is akin to a mortal sin <place dramatic effect here>. 

There's no way that she can be redeemed to be a good guy again.  If Adalind shouldn't play house with her rape victim, then Juliette shouldn't play house with the murder victim's son. 

As the most powerful hexenbiest to have walked the planet, what is her role?  Superman had the same problem: How does the most powerful being on the planet exist and live day to day? 

Everything else after setting up to murder the hero's mom is anticlimactic.  If she stays the villain, what else does she do?  Like Adalind, Juliette is to bring the relationship drama and angst to the hero.

That will be the excuse. And that will be it. They'll use some magical Liquid Paper and say Juliette was not Juliette when she did those things. If she is the one in the cell, they are probably working to re-engineer Juliette.

Of course, she was not responsible for her actions even if she really, really liked her newfound powers.  She'll be redeemed because of tru luv, and the showrunners will expect everybody in the Grimm fandom to root for tru luv. 

When she's redeemed to be the good guy again, she'll fight--and win--against Adalind.  Again.  Because she's awesome.  Because she's badass.  Because she's Juliette. 

She'll be brought back to make some angst-y romantic triangle with Adalind and Nick.  Since she has to be the alpha female on the show she'll win and will actually be revealed to be the mother of the NIck's rape baby.  I can't believe that this show would allow a rape baby to exist.  No, the baby has to be Juliette's. 

Gosh, I really did have a glimmer of hope that she'd be gone for good. It would have been so nice. And if David used his influence to get a piece of wood as his girlfriend on the show, well, my estimation of him does lower quite a bit.

I thought that Tulloch wanted a bigger role on the show and that she had input on Juliette's transformation to badassery.  She and the writers are to blame for The Juliette Show.  I wouldn't be surprised if Giuntoli supported the decision.

I still have no idea why the writers are enamored with a bland piece of wood.  She's a special snowflake as a good guy and as a villain. 

• Love 3

I feel the same about Coffee.  She can act, so I want to root for her character and would want Adalind to continue to be a part of Grimm.  She was great in S1. 

However, the writers have screwed her.  She has done unforgivable things, so there's no way that she can be transformed into a good guy who'll play house with her rape victim.  However, she was also portrayed as a bumbling bad guy.  I just don't think there's anything left for the character.  What is left for the writers to try?  Where is her place on Grimm if she's not an adversary or an ally? 

If she was a minor character who works for the Resistance with Meisner, maybe she has a tangential place on Grimm.  At this point, her role is to play Odd Couple with Nick and to bring relationship angst and drama to the hero.

Reply in the Adalind thread....

Wuv. Twu wuv...is not this. No. It is most definitely not Nick and Juliette. Seriously, once you've made it so your boyfriend's mom's head winds up in a box, you have so passed the point of no return, you can't see it from where you're standing. 

If she's "redeemed" and Nick takes her back and asks her to marry him, well, I know some people say they'll stop watching and don't mean it, but that would be the end.  The show would be all dead to me, and I'd go through its pockets for loose change on my way out.

Exactly, I've already stopped because I've heard nothing good based on the spoilers so far.

I've already gotten sick and tired of watching her whine and blame Nick and the others for her problems and then completely walking all over them.

At this point, the best thing the writers can do if they insist on having Tulloch on the show is to rip off the Vampire Diaries and have Bitsie Tulloch play a completely NEW Evil character that looks exactly like Juliette. Have Nick and the group react to the fact that they have to fight someone who has their friends face.

When the doppelgangers were used in TVD, it was really fun how the main cast got to play completely new characters.

The original Juliette should be dead and buried.

If they bring Juliette back and have her kissing and jumping in bed with Nick, after she set up Nick's mother to be beheaded, I'm going to puke.

• Love 1

It's funny one of the reasons I came back to the show after stopping in 2013 was the fact that Juliette is dead, now I wonder if she really is dead since there is no body. If she pops up again then I guess I will have to remove Grimm from my DVR again..If she does come back I don't see how they would redeem her given that she killed mama grimm and burned the trailer. That being said, this is fiction and anything is possible. They could always bring back her long lost twin.

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Love 1

Did the writers accidentally switch the plots for Adalind and Juliette last season?

It would have made much more sense with Adalind going crazy after gaining new Hexenbiest powers and joining with the Royals to ruin Nick's life, while Juliette got pregnant with Nick's kid.

Did the writers accidentally switch the plots for Adalind and Juliette last season?

It would have made much more sense with Adalind going crazy after gaining new Hexenbiest powers and joining with the Royals to ruin Nick's life, while Juliette got pregnant with Nick's kid.

Why make sense?

But you're right...while that plot isn't great, it's a heck of a lot better than what they've go going now.

• Love 1

Yeah, I would have vastly preferred boring stay at home mom Juliette plot, over whatever the hell we are going to get with Adalind's baby plot. Juliette pregnant plot probably wouldn't have even been difficult for Bitsie Tulloch to act out since she is already dating David in real life. Also no Nick being forced to raise his creepy rape baby until it turns 18.

• Love 1