Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: The Eye In The Sky

WendyCR72

When the remains of a high-stakes gambler are found in an industrial shredder, Booth risks relapsing into his gambling addiction as he and Brennan delve into the world of underground poker. Meanwhile, Hodgins invents a new product related to the lab, and Brennan and Booth find out some exciting news.

It's been a pretty good episode so far. Recognized one of the actors in it, Jeremy Ratchford, who was in Cold Case. Talk about a surprise :). It's been awhile since I've seen him in anything. Looks like he lost some weight. Good for him :).

Missed the first 10 minutes of the episode, but I'll catch them via On Demand.

So far Booth has been a lot more in tune with Brennan this time around. Glad it seems to be back to normal.

There were a lot of upbeat moments that I enjoyed, but I hate, hate, hated the phone call at the end. Why, Show? Whyyy? Nobody wants to watch Booth or anyone else fall off the wagon.

ETA: I'm wondering if the show will last long enough for Squinty/Jessica and Aubrey to get together.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

There were a lot of upbeat moments that I enjoyed, but I hate, hate, hated the phone call at the end. Why, Show? Whyyy? Nobody wants to watch Booth or anyone else fall off the wagon.

ETA: I'm wondering if the show will last long enough for Squinty/Jessica and Aubrey to get together.

I liked the rest of the episode. Word. But I HATED that. Why do shows find it so cool to put a sliver of ice into any episode? I was hoping they wouldn't do that. But NOOO they had to go there. I hope it doesn't mess things up. If it does, I won't even to watch the show anymore.

Maybe.

• Love 2

I personally was glad for some drama.  The Booth/Bones relationship has gotten fat and lazy--and boring--so I'm for anything that will remind me they are in a marriage and not just roommates, even if it means temporary trouble in the marriage.  Tonight was a big improvement in my book....

I personally was glad for some drama. The Booth/Bones relationship has gotten fat and lazy--and boring--so I'm for anything that will remind me they are in a marriage and not just roommates, even if it means temporary trouble in the marriage. Tonight was a big improvement in my book....

My ex had addiction problems, which is probably why I hate this story line, but some who have or have had family members with addiction problems might want to watch it played out by fictional characters--or at least the writers think that's true.

The title of the episode, "The Eye in the Sky," refers to the camera over the poker table. Did Booth decided to arrest the guy before he won the that round (or whatever it's called) because:

• He knew Bones and the gang were watching him?
  • Or because he couldn't credibly arrest the guy after collection his winnings?
  • Or because he wanted to be "strong"?
And:
  • Did Booth plan at the moment he ended the game to call his bookie later? Like, was that how he convinced himself to leave those winnings on the table--because he could get more later?
  • Or was calling the bookie after the arrest an entirely separate, unpremeditated moment of weakness?
  • Or are we not supposed to know what Booth was thinking when?
And all of these questions probably illustrate why my ex with the addiction problem is my "ex" and why I do not enjoy this story arc. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

Recognized one of the actors in it, Jeremy Ratchford, who was in Cold Case. Talk about a surprise :). It's been awhile since I've seen him in anything. Looks like he lost some weight. Good for him :).

That's who that was!  Thanks!  I kept trying to figure out where I had seen him before.  He does look like he's lost weight.

I can see some interesting storylines coming up with Booth having to fight his addiction, but I hope they don't drag it out too long and have him fall too far.

• Love 1

That's who that was!  Thanks!  I kept trying to figure out where I had seen him before.  He does look like he's lost weight.

I can see some interesting storylines coming up with Booth having to fight his addiction, but I hope they don't drag it out too long and have him fall too far.

You're welcome!

I hope that they don't either. It would be a shame if it were to break them up. He had it happen with his first marriage iirc.

I hope that they don't either. It would be a shame if it were to break them up. He had it happen with his first marriage iirc.

Booth and Rebecca, Parker's mom, were never married. He wanted to get married and she didn't.

Booth and Rebecca, Parker's mom, were never married. He wanted to get married and she didn't.

Ah. Forgot about that. But I thought they dealt with the gambling breaking his relationship up somehow before.

The show won't go there...it's not that kind of drama. 

It'll be a problem for a couple of episodes and then it'll resolve....this isn't Breaking Bad.

Here's to hoping.

• Love 1

What has it been now? 10 seasons without a relapse?  I was so disappointed about a gambling relapse story line that I could barely watch this episode.  I thought we were going to get through the entire series without one.  The writers must be running out of ideas to bring this old TV trope into it.  I hope they're done with it after the next episode.  

• Love 2

Does Booth not have a boss? Because I don't see how the FBI would have ever let him go into that situation. It should have been a different agent wearing an earpiece.

And why is Aubrey reading Booth's file? He's just another agent, no?

Otherwise, I did like the episode, even if I did snigger about Bones pretending not to be pregnant when that blue lab coat she was wearing when spilling the beans to Angela left nothing to the imagination about a baby in there.

What is the practical application for Hodgins's invention? Will they make a whole floor of it?

Does Booth not have a boss? Because I don't see how the FBI would have ever let him go into that situation. It should have been a different agent wearing an earpiece.

And why is Aubrey reading Booth's file? He's just another agent, no?...

Seriously. This bugged me too. I guess the Jeffersonian branch of the FBI really is The Scooby Gang.
  • Love 2

What is the practical application for Hodgins's invention? Will they make a whole floor of it?

Flooring was one of the uses Hodgins mentioned (lab floors, kitchen floors), packing material was another. I think he mentioned one other possible application, but I've forgotten. In any case, there were enough uses that it seems likely Angela and Hodgins will get rich (again).

Edited by clanstarling

...In any case, there were enough uses that it seems likely Angela and Hodgins will get rich (again).

He's a hardworking genius; okay, I'll buy it (the idea that they get rich quick, not the flooring). One question, though: Is Pelant still possibly alive to steal it all again? I mean, is this another Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunner scenario?

And Cam purposely told him to work on his invention at home so he could get rich on it, right?

Except, if she knows his former billions had "secretly" funded much of her and everyone else's salaries, facilities, and equipment for many years, why would she begrudge him anything now?

Except, if she knows his former billions had "secretly" funded much of her and everyone else's salaries, facilities, and equipment for many years, why would she begrudge him anything now?

That's one thing that didn't make sense to me. Hodgins may not be funding the Jeffersonian anymore, but he had put millions into it for a VERY long time, so Hodgins breaking a hundred beakers shouldn't matter because that's still pennies compared to what the Jeffersonian owes him.

• Love 3