Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: In The Cups

• Start Topic

There are no displays of affection between Thomas and Catherine like there was in the first season.

They look like a bickering old married couple. She was hitting him at some event like some scold because he had said something rude.

They were already on the outs when they filmed, maybe pretended to live together for the sake of the show?

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't Shep's actual birthday celebration. It felt like just another setup to get all the castmastes together in one spot and then watch them get wasted, under the pretense of Shep's birthday. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a real birthday party....including family and "real" friends (meaning those not on the show) in attendance off camera on a different date. I mean I know 35 isn't usually that big of a deal to most people but I would think the people who matter most in his life (like his family and good friends) wouldn't want to be part of the dog and pony show that is "Southern Charm". They would want to have a real celebration without the presence of the crew, and even other castmates that they don't really care for, or aren't close with. And Cameran's poem? Please. I think she was trying to be clever and witty, but it was an epic fail. I was embarrassed through my tv for her. Girl should stick to real estate and giving out good advice. I think the old Kathryn definitely came out to play that night, she was downing shots left and right and totally had those petulant "I don't wanna leave!!" comments. Even though Kensie is already here, I don't think Kathryn is truly ready for motherhood. She's doing ok so far, but she also has nannies and her parents who are willing to take the baby at a moment's notice. It would be completely different if she didn't have all that extra help, which most people do not.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 3

Craigmess' expression of anger and resentment over Shep's "intervention" was what a total loser does.

1)  Shep SAID that having a trust fund means you can evade responsibility!  He acknowledged it right to your face!

2)  You keep drinking his liquor.  There are words which well describe folks who accept the largesse of those they secretly loathe.  It's best I don't write them.

I'd be shocked if hubby Jason understood Cameran's deep aversion to having children this early in the marriage, and that she only wants one.  Getting a pooch as a diversion?   Wow.   

• Love 1

Ross Perot. Amy, aka Sandy Duncan from Hell reminds me of Ross Perot, or rather, Dana Carvey impersonating Ross Perot. Same twang, same hairdo, same blistering sex appeal.

Edited by Babyfoot
  • Love 3
Craigmess' expression of anger and resentment over Shep's "intervention" was what a total loser does.

Maybe.  Craig right now is his own worst enemy.  But he is only 26.  He can easily turn himself around..  He's got a lot going for him.  He's smart, good-looking & has a lot of potential to make something of his life.  What he really should do is ignore all of the idiot dudes on this show, particularly Shep.  Sorry, but Shep looked like the total asshole he is, giving "advice" to Craig & talking about a time when he actually had a job.  Really?  He had a job?  Yeah, Shep had a ton of authenticity giving this kinda advice.

I can't believe what a loser waste Shep is.  OK, we get it, Shep, you're rich.  But you could do something useful with your time & money, instead of just drinking & partying & wasting the rest of what little youth you have left.  Shep is still vaguely cute, but I wouldn't wanna see him in 10 years.  Yeesh.  He seemed to be horrified about turning into Whitney.  He's mostly there already.  Maybe he shouldn't be laughing like a goofball into the camera in all of his TH's.  Makes him look like the most pathetic one of this show -- in a sea of really pathetic characters.

But Craig should take away one important thing from Shep's crap insincere ridiculous advice.  That Whitney, Thomas & Shep are from rich backgrounds and ultimately their loserish failure-to-launch, decades of boozing & partying ways don't mean much in the lives.  They're rich, so they'll always be OK.  And Craig?  Is he rich in the same way these lazy waste-of-time idiots are?  I didn't think so, but please correct me if I'm wrong.  If Craig follows their partying ways, the consequences could be much, much worse for him.  Endless debt, bankruptcy, poor health & homeless shelters.  Sounds lovely, right?

The undercurrent of this show, featuring these trust-fund dudes who have accomplished nothing & have spent decades drinking & partying, I can't say I'm thrilled with.  I do like that the show features at least a few young smart ambitious women -- but that, of course, would not include Kathryn.  She acted in such a repulsive manner in this ep.  But I think the real Kathryn came back to town in this ep -- drunkety-drunk party chick Kathryn.  Ugh.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I think Shep has done what he wanted with his life and "accomplished" managing his money well enough to do so. He has a restaurant/ bar, is building a house, probably actually works more than we see, even if it's just managing his money, which isn't easy. I've seen a lot of rich boys turn into men who truly did nothing with their lives. Shep is way ahead of that.

• Love 2

I think Whitney is the only one really living off his parents money.

Thomas runs a commercial real estate business.

Shep has investments plus his dive bar. 

Craig probably has a mountain of school loan debts and lost his paralegal job.  He still gets a SoCharm paycheck but I doubt it's 6 figures.  He does need to look at partying a little differently than his rich costars. He may be only 26 but a lot of us can manage all nighters and a job.  He needs to learn to get home by 3am so he can get up by 8, shower and get to work by 9.

• Love 1

I find the Kathryn/Craig flirtation so weird...she seems older than him, mostly due to the fact that her trucker-voiced young babymama shtick clashes with his videogame-playing overgrown fratboy vibe. But they just seem so oddly matched, other than being two pretty young lusty party animals. What else beyond the physical and their social scene do they even have in common?

I think that what makes them so great for each other (well, pre-Kensington) is that they are both totally vapid.  Being pretty, partying, and a free ride is all they both aspire to.  Of course, they're doomed as a potential couple, because neither one of them brings money to the table, and that's really all either of them aspires to.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was shocked by this new place compared to the first house Thomas lived in downtown.

Thomas' first house, he bought for himself.  He had it pre-Katherine.   The new place is pretty much strictly for Katherine-"to keep her out of my way"

That's pretty much the essence of TRav. 

Edited by foo
  • Love 2