Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Breaking Point

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Lothaire Bluteau played the title character in "Jesus of Montreal" (which I saw years and years ago) if you are interested in seeing him when he was very young.  There was a time I remember from that era where the actor kind of lost his mind -- something about muttering to himself on a city bus.  That's all from memory and I'm very old so I could be remembering something quite minor except that it has stuck with me all these years.  Folks were wary about hiring him.  Probably just a phase.

ETA:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097635/

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

I am having withdrawal issues already. These 10 month breaks just kill. Thank goodness cable stations offer some good series now to help fill the time gap.

What series are you watching to fill it up ?

The only thing I have to look forward to right now is Mad Men & it pales to Vikings. Better Call Saul was great but that's over now too.

The only thing I have to look forward to right now is Mad Men & it pales to Vikings. Better Call Saul was great but that's over now too.

I've got GOT and WOLF HALL now and RIPPER STREET starts tonight.  I will be watching STRIKEBACK and POLDARK when they start.  I'll work PENNY DREADFUL in even though I wasn't a fan per se.  I like Eva Green but there is such a thing as too much E.G. for me. Soooo intense crazy acting! THE KNICK should be back this summer. I know that there will be others so Spring/Summer is not a total TV wasteland.  I can always head over to Netflix.  I know there are some series that I thought looked interesting but missed because too many shows were on at the same time so I may binge with ON DEMAND.  Anyone else think that Sunday nights can be frustrating most times?

I remember being amused when VIKINGS was first announced as a series on the History Channel but I wanted to check it out.  I went from being amused to  pleasantly surprised and then totally addicted.

ETA-  ORPHAN BLACK just started so that will be around for another 8 weeks.

Edited by ShannaB
  • Love 1

History!  Second season of Turn is on.  It's better so far than last season which was pretty lame.  They re-branded and subtitled it Washington's Spies this time around and they actually do some real spy stuff this season so far. 

Less whiny Abraham so far but give him time to be a pain.  Who cares.  Master British spy Major Andre is being spied on himself.  And a recently introduced and justifiably pissed off Benedict Arnold -- who was the Americans' biggest hero of the day but was politically stabbed in the back time after time -- is getting ready to jump ship soon.  And the real interesting dudes back at Washington's camp (Ben Tallmage and Caleb) have more air time.  And Richard Rogers lost command of his Tory rangers to the sadistically and delightfully evil Captain Simcoe who is off to having fun in the woods Simcoe style. 

(There, all caught up through the first three episodes).

Not in the same league with Vikings but a nice historical diversion of worth to watch and definitely better so far this second season.  (First season has Abraham as the main character being a whiny, self-centered, wishy-washy protagonist and it was a major mistake by the writers.  They seem to be trying to correct it this time around though my guess is most viewers prefer all the other characters over him anyway).

• Love 1

Me?  I'm enjoying The Red Road (Sundance channel) and Orphan Black.  I've watched every Everest/K2/Andes mountain climbing documentary I can get my hands on, and I top it all off with a helping of the Swedish Wallander or the Branagh UK version if the Swedish one hasn't updated.  Speaking of which -- the Welsh "Hinterland" is worth the six episodes they have on Netflix and "Spiral" is worth every season you can get your hands on (that's French.)

ETA:  I'm watching "Dig" because BFF recommended it but, clearly she is going through something I'm unaware of because she has AMAZING radar when it comes to good shows.  She really missed the mark on Dig because it is the WORST.  SO FUCKING BAD.  I long for the days of Television Without Pity because they would have ravaged this show and it would have been hilarious.

On topic?  The absolute funniest old TWoP reviews were for "Tarzan" which starred -- wait for it -- Travis Fimmel and, while he was a very handsome Australian underwear model at the time, he was absolutely atrocious.  And the reviews never let up on him.  They made me laugh so hard, I used them as my go-to pick-me-ups whenever I needed a sure-fire laugh.

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 2

Poor Siegfried, gone too soon. I would have liked to have seen more about you. When he did the hair thing I initially gasped and then laughed along with him. It was also funny to see the wanderer (I forget his actual name) trying to hide his laugh.

This was a good episode. I loved the end when Ragnar had that 'busted' look on his face. I hope, like everyone has mentioned, it's a long con and at least some of them are in on it.

Someone mentioned upthread how one of the creepier things was that one of the guys that got steamrolled took Rollo's hand as he jumped over. Creepy! I like how Rollo is now known to the French and can't wait to see how that goes.

It was nice seeing Athelstan, if only for a few seconds. I hope he helps Ragnar through his injuries.

I have also wondered where Helga's daughter is. I have to assume poor Aslaug is stuck at home with all the kids.