Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Manila Bound

(edited)

Lordy Lordy lord.... We've got an Aussie Housewives Dinner from Hell!

I don't like Pettifleur (except I have to admit I admired her compassion for the impoverished children in Manila) but how rude was Gina? To openly mock someone while they are sitting next to you? Outrageous.

And... My love of Chykka continues! The fun she had with the strippers!!! So much fun to watch.

Why haven't we been told why Gamble has such a flat toned voice before?! Those rascally editing monkeys. Make sure we judge her then *bam* now feel guilty for being judgy.

Edited for spelling because I had switched the bitch's e and u.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 1
(edited)

Gina really has taken a turn for the awful this season.

I'm the last person to accuse someone of being racist but there are definitely racial overtones to the way that Gina has treated Pettifleur lately. I'd give her the benefit of the doubt if she didn't already have a consistent pattern of doing this. Whenever she's backed into a corner Gina hits below the belt- with the demon comments or calling Lydia a golddigger or calling Jackie a poor bogan.

The hypocrisy from her is also really grating. She thinks that bitch is a derogatory word yet c*nt isn't? She thinks "Switch the Bitch" is unoriginal yet names her own book "Fearless"? She gossips about Lydia then criticises Janet for gossiping?

Retroactively this has kind of changed the way that I see Season 1. I'm not suddenly loving Andrea or anything but I now can at least understand her characterisation of Gina as overly-litigious and aggressive. Like Pettifeleur said, the puzzle pieces are all coming together.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 2

Pettifleur implies she is using the word "bitch" in a good (empowering?) way but how is the word "bitch" good. Gina used the word c*nt as an insult which it is and it was deserved at the time.

I want to like Pettifleur since she got tearful over the poor people and she makes her own money (loved that she buys her own stuff and doesn't "ask" a man). However she annoys me and I am not sure why. I think it is because she is trying to get on the popular side but I don't blame her since her and Gina clash…but the fact she wants to hang with FAKE Jackie or whatever the shine shine couture "rock star" wife's name is (charlatan and inappropriate use of couture and just fake fake fake) and with stupid Lydia (she can't really be that dumb can she) reinforces me not really liking her overall (like some stuff of her but not much).

I think Gina doesn't care about anyone except Chyka and Gamble and I don't blame her after last season. Gina is right about Pettifleur having a strong accent but I don't have issues with people having accents….however Petti shouldn't pretend she doesn't have an accent. I never heard Gina comment of Petti's race or skin tone (hell, Gina is darker…not that dark matters).

I still like Chyka even though she does subtle shit-stirring (perfect). Gamble isn't anyone I would want to be but I like her so far. I think Gina is bitter from last season and just doesn't give a f*ck anymore…not sure. I still like Gina but she seems to unhappy and I kind of don't blame her.

I have mixed feelings about the older blonde (Jackie…no, wait that is the psychic name…forgot) who is the biggest shit-stirrer. I'm probably the only one who thinks this but she looks good most of the time and I think her plastic surgeon did well. Hmm, I think her name is Janet…lol.

• Love 2

Pettifleur implies she is using the word "bitch" in a good (empowering?) way but how is the word "bitch" good. Gina used the word c*nt as an insult which it is and it was deserved at the time. I want to like Pettifleur since she got tearful over the poor people and she makes her own money (loved that she buys her own stuff and doesn't "ask" a man). However she annoys me and I am not sure why. I think it is because she is trying to get on the popular side but I don't blame her since her and Gina clash…but the fact she wants to hang with FAKE Jackie or whatever the shine shine couture "rock star" wife's name is (charlatan and inappropriate use of couture and just fake fake fake) and with stupid Lydia (she can't really be that dumb can she) reinforces me not really liking her overall (like some stuff of her but not much). I think Gina doesn't care about anyone except Chyka and Gamble and I don't blame her after last season. Gina is right about Pettifleur having a strong accent but I don't have issues with people having accents….however Petti shouldn't pretend she doesn't have an accent. I never heard Gina comment of Petti's race or skin tone (hell, Gina is darker…not that dark matters). I still like Chyka even though she does subtle shit-stirring (perfect). Gamble isn't anyone I would want to be but I like her so far. I think Gina is bitter from last season and just doesn't give a f*ck anymore…not sure. I still like Gina but she seems to unhappy and I kind of don't blame her. I have mixed feelings about the older blonde (Jackie…no, wait that is the psychic name…forgot) who is the biggest shit-stirrer. I'm probably the only one who thinks this but she looks good most of the time and I think her plastic surgeon did well. Hmm, I think her name is Janet…lol.

You pretty much posted what I am thinking!!

I feel like atm I am kind of hate watching this show. Pretty much all of them annoy me to some degree or another.  I am half-Filipino so enjoyed seeing them go there, so there's that I suppose.

Don't be throwing around the word 'couture' Jackie. Does she even know what the word means?! I did like her stylist though :)

• Love 1

The first time Jackie said "couture" I thought she didn't know what it meant since it is essentially one of a kind and not something bought in a dress shop. Later I realized it was being used like "shine shine shine". I also liked her stylist.

At least they don't have anyone like Brandi or Kim (Beverly Hills version) on the show…talk about an intense dark season. I watch Melbourne since it isn't as dark.

I hope Gina doesn't get much worse…she has been my favorite and if she keeps getting bad then I will only be left with liking Chyka. I have to admit to kind of liking her very subtle shit-stirring ;-)

• Love 4

I guess anything that Jackie likes is "couture" to her. Go ahead, girl, do you.

Gina, Gina, Gina, the casual racism is not a good look. Then again, I thought/think the "Chinese whispers" shit from last season was incredibly racist too.

• Love 3

Someone better tell Gina that in the USA, she has an accent. I have to use captions to understand her. She proves a law degree doesn't buy you class,or manners.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2

That gif is mesmerizing, I can't take my eyes off it. It was fun seeing Chyka have so much fun.

Once I began taking to Gamble, her voice went from odd and annoying to oddly charming. And I thought her bit with the Ron Burgundy book was cute :)

Good on Manila for offering ATL and Melbourne the 2-for-1 deal. I'm looking forward to the tea launch with Janet's son next week.

Off to stare at the gif some more.

• Love 1

Just for agreeing to read a self-help book called "Switch the Bitch," Chyka has won infinite actually being a good person points.  She could turn into the next Brandi, and I might still have to give her a pass.  There's no way that anyone could get me to do that for them.  I would seriously question any relationship with someone who would even suggest I read that.

Lydia: "We were on the Seventy-Oneth floor".

Darling, it's time to frame your Moron Certificate!

Oh my, I sat here saying seventy-oneth to a room full of no one! Is she really that stupid or is it a cultural issue?

• Love 2

Oh my, I sat here saying seventy-oneth to a room full of no one! Is she really that stupid or is it a cultural issue?

Cultural issue????!!!! What?

No one says seventy-oneth ANYWHERE, so it isn't cultural... She really is that stupid. Lydia makes it too easy to snark on her. She likes to portray herself as this special, upper class type, but she comes across as an uneducated poseur.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 3

That was a low-rent dog show, damn.

I wonder if Tempest will regret being on the show. I guess we're going to see a before and after (the surgery and makeover).

Lydia's casual "or I'll mail it if I don't see them" was breathtaking in its insensitivity. Plus, I kept wanting someone to invite the Filipino staff along for a free trip home. I'm assuming they can't get home often. I guess since they weren't flamboyant like the stylist, production wasn't interested in bringing them along.

And the endless parade of expensive clothing and shoes and purses in front of the housekeepers who probably make peanuts...ouch.

I don't see Gina being racist, but I sure do see her being rude and aggressive. She's incredibly defensive, which she offers up as aggression.

I laugh at the gold lame dresses and outrageous baubles on the women, but Chyka is bandbox perfect in every scene. She looks young in her understated finery.

Jackie increasingly is giving Lydia a run for the stupid.

I guess the show didn't want to note that the first "bitch" book was by the infamous Omarosa from Celebrity Apprentice.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
Lydia: "We were on the Seventy-Oneth floor".

Darling, it's time to frame your Moron Certificate!

Lydia maybe you were on the Seventy-twoth floor, what a fucking moron

When Lydia was packing and talking to her housekeeper about the Philippines, she said that she heard there is a lot of traffic. When  the housekeeper responded that yes, the traffic is terrible, Then Lydia asked if there were traffic lights in the Philippines and the housekeeper responded yes, Lydia blurts our "really?",  like she is so shocked. The Philippines are a modern country. Why would she think they don't have traffic lights?  

• Love 3

I think Lydia does the "OH WOW" excited big-smile thing because it's a replacement for actually having a brain.

Exactly!  It's her filler when she has nothing to say in response.  And the more she feels like she needs to respond, the bigger her facial expression gets.  TRAFFIC LIGHTS?!?!?!  Moron.

My thing with Gina is that I pretty much always agree with where she's coming from but her delivery is just so, so bad.  The point she was trying to make to Pettitfleur about how there are people who will be turned off by bitch being included in the title and will not buy the book was valid.  But then she just ramped up to ugly in no time flat.

Still love Chyka.  She's perfection.

• Love 5

LOVE Chyka! Heck..I even liked Jackie this week.

PLEASE not another "book gate" ala RHONY ..ugh.

Gina is a twat..there is a reason she hides behind all that clown like makeup and tacky dresses.

• Love 1
My thing with Gina is that I pretty much always agree with where she's coming from but her delivery is just so, so bad.  The point she was trying to make to Pettitfleur about how there are people who will be turned off by bitch being included in the title and will not buy the book was valid.  But then she just ramped up to ugly in no time flat.

Totally agree. I wouldn't buy a book with the word bitch in the title. And there's another book already called Bitch Switch and Pettifleur wants to call her book Switch the Bitch, but decided it's not the same, so it's totally OK. BTW, the Bitch Switch book is by Omarosa, of Celebrity Apprentice fame. I suspect she might have a problem with Petti's book title. BTW, I checked and I don't see that her book has been published. 

As for the other's Jackie and her word of the month, couture, was driving me nuts. She has absolutely no idea what couture means. Janet needs to stop gasping and overacting with her mouth wide open everytime someone speaks. 

Gamble is hearing impaired? 

• Love 2

Gamble - Oh my gosh, that is the speech affectation I hear.  She really speaks well but yes she can't really hear.  That explains everything.

Janet - Better THs this week.  I like that she didn't take an opportunity to throw Gina under the bus with Pettiwhatever.  I strongly suspect that Janet can't stand Petti but doesn't want to lose a team member no matter how vile they are.

Petti - The similar titled book is by Omarosa.  She, like Gina, is a lawyer.  She also knows reality tv so she will come after you if you publish under that name.  In fact I know Omarosa would love the publicity so she can't wait for you to publish.  If it looks like you can't get it published watch for a very public cease and desist letter.

Jackie - Cosign the couture nonsense.  Did she bring a stylist with her?  Was he the person that told her to wear a toddlers shirt as a dress?  She was really pissed off at dinner because no one was talking to her.  Didn't surprise me in previews she went nuts.

Chyka - I plan on being Chyka in my next life.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 2

I am having SERIOUS lust for the necklace Chyka wears in her talking heads--the one where she is wearing the tan shirt and the necklace appears to be made up of various pins/brooches--divine.  It looks like a serious, one of a kind deal that I could never afford.  le sigh.  Oh to be a rich bitch.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 2

I am having SEROUS lust for the necklace Chyka wears in her talking heads--the one where she is wearing the tan shirt and the necklace appears to be made up of various pins/brooches--divine.  It looks like a serious, one of a kind deal that I could never afford.  le sigh.  Oh to be a rich bitch.

Oh me,too!!  I pause it and try to figure out just what makes up that gorgeous thing!  It does look like various pins and brooches, le sigh indeed.......

• Love 1

Tempest.  If my sister looked like that after plastic surgery, I would run far away from it.

Chyka and Jackie together were so cute.  I loved both of their outfits that day as well.  Jackie has one helluva body.

• Love 1