Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E19: La Biblioteca Es Libros

MMLEsq
  • Start Topic

Much to Beverly’s surprise, she cannot believe Adam is failing Spanish class and blames his teacher. Beverly  speaks with Senora Taraborelli and pays her to tutor Adam instead of putting him in remedial Spanish. But the situation backfires when Adam gives an oral presentation and totally bombs. Meanwhile, Barry gets a job delivering pizzas to impress Murray but Erica is upset Murray doesn't acknowledge she's had a job and has been responsible all throughout her teen years.

Did ABC have a theme "drink with your parent night"? Because The Middle and the first Goldberg episode had the dads drinking with their sons and daughter(Erica).

And Modern Family had a rerun of Hailey's 21st b-day.

• Love 2

From the way Senora Taraborelli was swooning over the idea of going on vacation and meeting a hot Latin lover I would assume she is single in which case she should be a senorita.  It is my understanding addressing a young single women as Senora is an insult as it implies she is of low morals and no longer a virgin.  I thought it was funny that Senorita Taraborelli  was taking money and providing special 'help' to inflate Adam’s grade when this week teachers in Georgia were sent to prison for adjusting their students’ grade to qualify for bonuses. Finally, a remedial first semester Spanish class?   If it is a first semester class all the students are beginning from scratch so no student should start from behind.   I guess it could be a special ed class but I doubt there would be that many mentally challenged students  flunking Spanish in a small school to justify a special  ed class.

Barry interviewing for jobs was awesome.  "Minumum wage?  Can you tell me what the maximum wage is?"  What is your greatness weakness?  "I'm lazy and honest."

Remember the days of actually having to use a map to figure out where you were going?

Loved Erica trying to explain to Barry about how dad has a double-standard when it comes to respecting the kids for working.  "That is, by definition, a double-standard!"

• Love 2

Wasn't the Spanish teacher the same woman who played Adam's teacher in the Cabbage Patch Kid (or, well, the Lettuce Crop Child) episode?

Yes, that was Michaela Watkins for both, and as the same character I believe. I could buy that a school would have one of the other teachers teach a health class. But mostly I think it's to make use of Michaela's comedic timing.

Yes, that was Michaela Watkins for both, and as the same character I believe. I could buy that a school would have one of the other teachers teach a health class. But mostly I think it's to make use of Michaela's comedic timing.

I think its a matter of yet another malleable detail, like the year, where the show (deliberately) doesn't feel a need for continuity. It's enough to know that Adam has A TEACHER who did such and such and the actual identity of the teacher doesn't matter (and it maybe funnier even if it's the same person, unapologetically by the show, filling different roles)

Edited by Kromm