Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Flight Of The Living Dead

(edited)

As far as the 'abnormally short fingernails' comment, was an explanation given, or are we to assume that is so they don't scratch anyone by accident?

I assumed the latter. Although I do wonder a bit about the in-show world rules. I would have assumed the whole "scratch" thing isn't because there's anything magical about scratches in particular but just that, you know, it causes blood exposure whatnot. But so far we've seen quite a few fights that seemed to involve bleeding of both the beaten and the zombies and apparently no concern that the people in said fights were turned. So either that's just dumb luck or perhaps they really are suggesting something specific about "the scratch".

For instance, Major's face was massively bloodied but he's not a zombie yet. So somehow he got beaten to a pulp but not infected. Same issue with Liv's fight a couple episodes before with AJ. If I were Liv I'd be extremely nervous about those full on zombie mode beatings and spreading z. I guess it's just too much brain power to be constantly worried about that and never having any action scenes so maybe we're supposed to handwave. It's a little distracting for me though, when am I supposed to worry about contamination and when am I not? Especially if part of the ongoing plot seems to be treating it like a disease former-CDC Ravi will have any chance of unraveling.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 2

Its the same on The Walking Dead, those people are always getting zombie blood and guts on their faces and in their mouths and none of them turn. Of course on that show it's a bite that turns you not a scratch, which only makes slightly more sense. Especially since the bite gets infected quickly, they get sick, die then turn. I guess on TWD you need the zombie's saliva to become one. 

This show is much more loose with the rules. I haven't read the comic I wonder if it's explained in there?

Having said that I can handwave most of that because I am enjoying this show more than most shows that were on this season. 

Its the same on The Walking Dead, those people are always getting zombie blood and guts on their faces and in their mouths and none of them turn. Of course on that show it's a bite that turns you not a scratch, which only makes slightly more sense. Especially since the bite gets infected quickly, they get sick, die then turn. I guess on TWD you need the zombie's saliva to become one.

Actually, on The Walking Dead the entire human race is already infected with the zombie virus, and everyone who dies (for any reason) turns into a zombie unless someone destroys their brain. Decapitated zombie heads are still animated.

On TWD zombies eat human flesh, not brains.

iZombie is still world building, so the mythology hasn't been nailed down yet.

• Love 1

I know they are all infected and if they die, they turn. But it takes more than just getting blood and guts on your face to turn in TWD. On here all it takes is a scratch and you're a zombie. Which makes it a lot easier to turn people. I do hope they have something planned to explain it. 

I trust Rob Thomas, I donated to Kickstarter to get the Veronica Mars movie made, so I'm willing to wait and see what happens on this show more than I am for most show writers. 

(edited)

I know they are all infected and if they die, they turn. But it takes more than just getting blood and guts on your face to turn in TWD. On here all it takes is a scratch and you're a zombie. Which makes it a lot easier to turn people. I do hope they have something planned to explain it....

Taking my response to the iHave iQuestions: How Do Things Work in This Universe? thread. Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

Lowell reminded me more than a little of Mason on "Dead Like Me."

This is my first time watch it so no spoilers.

Anyhow I thought this too. I know it's not the same actor because I looked lol. But he totally reminded me of Mason in a good way :).

I am also getting a Being Human vive from this more then any other show. Especially since Liv was in a similar spot as Josh, expect handled it a lot better. And also what whatever Blaine is doing is very similar to what Biship had in season 1. He controlled the police and other powerful people especially wealthy ones. Hell he even has someone in the morug, not that Liv is on his side.

Edited by blueray