Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: The Promise

Did they say if Bob made it?

Who thinks W. Duffy give Ava some of that 9 million dollars she had?  A lot of people I talked to says yes he did.  But than again he is a bad guy.  Than again it is TV.  I think Duffy did giver her some.  Heck, what a couple of  stacks of money among friends.

I think he did give her some, is there any feedback from the show on this subject? 

I was able to see this last weekend and was wondering If Tim clipped Boyd at the cabin scene. I was talking about this with a friend of mine and mentioned how much I love Sniper Tim and wasn't sure if Boyd got shot at the cabin .

I like to think Baby Crowder's first words were : 'Fire in the hole!' right after pooping his diaper.

Edited by AstaCharles
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

!

The only thing that took me out of it for a minute was reformed Ava saying she volunteered at the local school. (Or is it only in my state that anyone volunteering at a school, even chaperoning a field trip, needs to be finger printed?)...

I can't review it right now being out of town, but I am pretty sure Ava said she volunteered with special needs kids. If so, I think when Raylan saw little Zachariah it crossed his mind, as it did mine, that he might be one of those kids and Ava was volunteering in his class (I don't know that parents of kids in a class go through the same level of background checking that a random unrelated volunteer would). Zachariah didn't appear to have special needs, but on the off chance he might, it would have made Raylan's decision to just leave them in peace much easier--it would have been justified, as it were.

I am so glad to have been able to watch this show. It sucked me in right away in season 1, episode 1 and kept me entranced until the final frame. Just so perfect.

• Love 2

On rewatch I noticed that Loretta did not say one word at all during the finale.  Actions speak larger than words.

I am glad the show chose subtle when showing that Zach was Boyd's child.  They could have gone with the wild hair - instead they went with the buttoned-up shirt.

I am very happy with the finale and the season overall.  I didn't know if this show could come back from S5.  Yes the Crowes were horrible - but it Art's deteriorating relationship with Raylan that really broke my heart.

Well done show on going out on a high note.  Very hard to do.

• Love 1

I can't review it right now being out of town, but I am pretty sure Ava said she volunteered with special needs kids. If so, I think when Raylan saw little Zachariah it crossed his mind, as it did mine, that he might be one of those kids and Ava was volunteering in his class (I don't know that parents of kids in a class go through the same level of background checking that a random unrelated volunteer would). Zachariah didn't appear to have special needs, but on the off chance he might, it would have made Raylan's decision to just leave them in peace much easier--it would have been justified, as it were.

She said she worked with special needs kids at the ranch, but also said she volunteered at the local school. Zachariah seems a little young to be in any school yet, but even so, in my state even parents need to be fingerprinted to volunteer in any manner that involves them being in contact with kids/ being in the building for any length of time (chaperoning field trips, coaching, etc.)

On rewatch I noticed that Loretta did not say one word at all during the finale.  Actions speak larger than words.

I noticed that, too. Kaitlyn Dever is awesome.

She said she worked with special needs kids at the ranch, but also said she volunteered at the local school. Zachariah seems a little young to be in any school yet, but even so, in my state even parents need to be fingerprinted to volunteer in any manner that involves them being in contact with kids/ being in the building for any length of time (chaperoning field trips, coaching, etc.)

Thanks. I was pretty sure she had told Raylan that she helped with special needs kids before revealing little Zachariah to him. Of course she may have been lying about helping them, but just on the slightest chance that little Zachariah had special needs (at three he is not too young to be in a program), Raylan imho would have seen no benefit to bringing Ava in.

I had not seen Ava's comments about this mentioned before, but thought it would have weighed in his decision and wondered if anyone else might have noticed it.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

Just finished binge watching this whole series over a several-week period. I remember watching the very first episode when it aired in 2010, but for some reason I don't remember I stopped watching it. I don't know why because it is an amazingly good show. It sort of takes you into an interesting world filled with fascinating people. This series finale tied everything up nicely and was well written. I was glad to see Ava free at last. My only qualm is when I remember how she beat that whore mercilessly several times. There were probably some other truly bad things she did, but nothing too incredibly terrible. Robbing from thieves is something that doesn't bother me. Anyway, if any show could revive at some later point, this one seems set up now for a revival or spinoff, and I hope that happens.

• Love 2

Loved it. Damn near perfect.

I don't like the new hat.

I  think Boyd believed that Ava was dead. That was nice of Raylan to make her dead.

We dug coal together.

Perfect.

• Love 4

Who here thinks that Wynn Duffy give Ava some of that money?

And if you think Wynn give Ava some of that loot, how much do you think he give her? 

Just finished last night after binging S1 through S4 and a few episodes of S5 last year.  Eventually decided last week to just let S5 go and watch S6.  I just didn't want to watch the Ava in prison thing.

Very nice wrap up. 

S6 was

really especially violent - people just getting shot dead everywhere with no one the wiser, especially the last couple of episodes. 

The guy playing Avery Markham, used to be a looker but now, what was the weird thing with his lips and covering his top lip over his teeth?  His mouth

looked very turtle like and he had that weird head tilt.  Not important but it kept distracting me.

So many vets out having a bad time in the world on this show.  Wonder what that was about. Is that actually happening in places like Kentucky? Returning vets taking up lives of violent crime?   That was all sad, felt bad for those boys. 

Boyd is such a favorite but I have to say he really went down a dark hole with all the shootings that I was starting lose my love. 

I'm assuming they filed about 4 or 5 murder charges on him and he'll be in prison for life, no parole.  Guess telling all his stories

in church, basically confessing publically won't make no never mind.

I was surprised he fired on Ava, I don't think he knew he was out of bullets, I think he meant it.  Wow.

Poor Uncle Zacariah, what a way to go. Nice of Ava to name her boy after him.  That line "he was the only man who never wanted

something from me", was powerful.  Men don't get that major fundamental truth of women's lives and how much it means.

Some major disbelief about Grubas having a land line phone up in that cabin for Boyd and Ava to talk on. 

If you could get someone to run a telephone line up there the guy wasn't going to be paying a bill.  And I don't

know how you'd get a illegal land line with phone number up there either.

Raylan really turned it around on Ava cuz he was dead set on putting her back in jail.  I found it sort of upsetting how willing everyone was to send her back to jail

when she hardly belonged there in the first place Not that she didn't do bad enough things to belong there but that

wasn't what she was originally sent up on and that's what they were sending her back for.  And she did help a lot -

screw that DA, I wouldn't recommend anyone ever be his snitch with his freaking lawyered up contract.  Raylan didn't seem to care and in the first few seasons

I would have that that he would have.  By S6 he was a hard hard man. 

Glad to see he settled down and gave Ava a pass. 

Glad to see Boon dead.  He was surely going to make Loretta's life hell.  Why she didn't tell Markham she was off limits to Boon after they negotiated IDK. 

She would have had to kill him if she could.

Agree, don't like that hat on Raylan.  Not the way it looks or that it was Boon's.

I'm sort of past having more pets but I almost want to get a couple of dogs so I can name them Boyd and Raylan. 

Would love it if the Army sniper agent got his own spin off. 

I still don't understand why Raylan hated Boyd so much when Boyd seemed to love Raylan.  I really hurt for Boyd.

Displaced hatred for his father?  I suppose you could go all something with Raylan hating Boyd as the representative

of his own dark side or something but idk, seems sort of out there.  I love Raylan but him not loving Boyd upset me. So glad he didn't pull the trigger.

I really appreciated the show giving me that "we dug coal together ending" 

• Love 1