Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Duggars Say I Do

Jessa and Ben go on their honeymoon and Josh and Anna have something special to reveal to the family. During all this drama, the family redecorates Jessa and Ben's house as a gift after their honeymoon.

Marjorie was pretty cute in the announcement. I like her already just for her "It's NOT John-David" remark. I ugly cackled at that. She's pretty bubbly and cute...I really, really hope she's prepared for this onslaught. I like that Josiah let her take the reins in the announcement, only appearing in the last few seconds. He seems comfortable with letting her lead.

Oh good, an episode with tons of Sierra the inept wedding planner....exactly what everyone wanted! I suppose another Amy episode is next.

The "next generation of Duggar brides." I wish it was the next generation of Duggar scholars!

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 5

Sierra annoys me almost as much as the actual Duggars. And I noticed she has that same deer in headlights/scrunched forehead look as Mechelle and Jill. Their forehead wrinkles are going to look like the Grand Canyon.

Oh, and that was a complete waste of an hour, rehashing all the fabulous Duggar nuptials.

• Love 6

I had to laugh out loud at the "how well do you know your spouse" game, when Boob said that "Mechelle's favorite place has became my favorite place."  At least he didn't say "Michelle and I's".  Blows me away how stupid he is.  Basic grammar was never learned.

However, my heart sank when the "wedding planner" was quizzing the little girls on how many bridesmaids do you want, here's a veil  Really?  They are LITTLE GIRLS!  How about where do you want to go to college or what do you want to be when you grow up?

It's sad that all they can become are brood mares.

Edited by SmallTownMom
  • Love 10

The "next generation of Duggar brides." I wish it was the next generation of Duggar scholars!

So sad that the mandatory path for all the children is straight to marriage.  The parents talk about all the kids getting married as if it is a done deal.

• Love 6

I can't stand how they just assume that all of the kids will get married.  I hope at least one of those kids decides not to get married, leaves home, and goes on to live a fabulous single life!

• Love 6

I'm glad that I didn't blink and miss the announcement.  I'm sure I would have paid no attention had people here not posted pictures of what the new M looked like.  She sure is perky. So awkward to have Josiah come stand next to her and not touch her in any way.

• Love 1

Sierra annoys me almost as much as the actual Duggars. And I noticed she has that same deer in headlights/scrunched forehead look as Mechelle and Jill. Their forehead wrinkles are going to look like the Grand Canyon.

Oh, and that was a complete waste of an hour, rehashing all the fabulous Duggar nuptials.

I can't believe I just spent an hour watching recaps of weddings that I already watched. Sierra annoys me more than most of the Duggars. She's such a wannabe, it's kind of disturbing. I read somewhere (not sure if here or another site) that she has 5 kids of her own. While I completely endorse women working outside the home (and (real) wedding planners work so hard!), playing with beads and veils with the lost girls isn't work. I'm sure she regrets that she wasn't able to marry a Duggar son. Edited by truelovekiss
  • Love 4

Welcome to the Sierra Show!

The two couple's that seem the most comfortable with each other are Josh and Anna and Ben and Jessa. Jill and Derick are the least.

One thing I noticed is Jessa always stares at Ben's mouth when he speaks. I wonder why? Does she have hearing problems? Is she trying to figure out what he's saying? It doesn't seem to be the standard adoring look.

Oh, no.  No, no no no no no no!  Josh's wedding singing was unspeakably awful and embarassing!  How could Anna look at him with a straight face?

And yet another re-enactment!  I don't get the appeal of doing these over and over.  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 4

I'm already not a fan of the Josiah/Marjorie courtship.He is way too young and frankly he could have done better if he'd gone to college, started a career and waited a few years before courting. I wonder how many of these Fundies marry at 18 so they can get laid and end up regretting it five years later.

Jessa and Bin looked great. Jill and Derick still can't convince me they're soulmates, they're so stiff and rehearsed. Even Josh and Anna are able to poke fun at each other and laugh.

The scene at the end with the little girls made me very uncomfortable. It gave me shades of child brides forced to marry old pervs in one of those FLDS cults. It felt like brainwashing, not just kids playing dress-up for fun.

• Love 8

I'm already not a fan of the Josiah/Marjorie courtship.He is way too young and frankly he could have done better if he'd gone to college, started a career and waited a few years before courting. I wonder how many of these Fundies marry at 18 so they can get laid and end up regretting it five years later.

I think maybe another guy had his sights on Marjorie so Si took action before she got away.

I'm trying to think of what else I can possibly say about a mish-mash of episodes I've already seen and commented on.

* We were reminded of Sierra's utter uselessness.  I'd love to know what this woman does for a living, because it sure as hell isn't wedding planning.

* Bin(jermin) and Jessa seem so comfortable with each other.  It's actually nice to see.  Jill and Derick are still quite courtly with one other and seem nervous to have physical contact.

* I still can't comprehend the whole "trashing the car" thing at a wedding.  Writing silly things on the windows is one thing, but I would murder anyone who spread filthy, wet trash all throughout my car on my wedding day (fair warning). 

* I LOVED the one J-boy's comment about taking his brother's girl as a practical joke on his wedding day.  Best laugh of the week so far. 

* Josh's Wedding Song, Part 2.  His singing is best left to the shower.

* Yet another segment about Jim Bob and Michelle's courtship, engagement, wedding, blah blah blah.  It's hard to pay attention to these constant rehashes of the same crap.

* JOSIAH IS COURTING?!  Wow.  That's the last one I would have suspected.  I'm honestly chilled by the fact that they're 17 and 18.  I'll take the rest of my comments to their topic.  (My God, poor Jana.)

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 2

Oh my gosh. Aside from Josiah and Marjorie's adorable announcement, the clear highlight was when Justin said that for his wedding prank on Jackson, he would "steal his girl." I could not stop guffawing at that.

I too laughed out loud when Justin said that.   I could have done without the rest of the show.

• Love 1

So I was googling Sierra and I realised she's not a "professional wedding planner or coordinator". She helped friends with their weddings and realized she could help the Duggars since they're friends. I'm not sure how much training/education you would need to be pro, but it should be more than that. 

I will say for a Duggar friend, I'm surprised she doesn't bring her baby on tv. 

I like seeing Ben and Jessa laugh together.

My least favorite segment about Jessa's wedding is Ben's design for the ring. His design is ordinary and not that special. I guess they got a special deal 

because they're celebrities but it still looks really stupid to say we're trying to budget for everything and here's this custom ring with more diamonds!

I'm pretty sure Sierra that if you were a pro wedding-coordinator you could get hire people to work on the wedding. 

All the pranks! 

Josh is not the best singer in the world, but he has a nice singing voice.

They should have followed courtship rules, before they renewed their vows. (At least in public!) 

They were a cute couple in the original wedding photo back in the '80s.

Josie is five or four; she'll be fourteen or fifteen in ten years and she'll be nineteen or twenty in fifteeen. So far not one of your daughters has got married at twenty; it could be more like twenty years. I wonder if JB's plan is to have them all married so he can retire in peace an empty nester.

I have this debate with my mother about mutual friends who talk about seeing all of their children married and I say they shouldn't be pushed and she's that it's not people are trying to push their children into marriage. It's that they want their kids to be happy and in general people think they'll be happier if they're married. 

My hope for the Duggar kids is the same for everyone else. They can love who they want to love, marry who they want to marry or chose not to if they wish.

• Love 2

I missed the first go around and thus seem to have missed the announcement completely! I wouldn't mind so much, but I only have one episode left before I go overseas and have to leave all the shows to you all to fill me in!!

Help me TLC website. You're my only hope!

I missed the first go around and thus seem to have missed the announcement completely! I wouldn't mind so much, but I only have one episode left before I go overseas and have to leave all the shows to you all to fill me in!!

(And I've been married 25 years this summer and my husband and I have been very poor, but we have NEVER shared a toothbrush.). Yuck!

Edited by GEML
  • Love 4

Dude, I won't drink after my parents or siblings.  No way am I sharing a toothbrush with ANYONE.  EVER.  Is this why I'm forever alone?  Ew.  Screw that. I'd rather die alone than have to share my toothbrush.  

I have to admit, Josh and Anna are really sweet together.  They're the only couple who genuinely laugh with each other like the other person is truly the funniest person in the room.  The rest of the couples just stare blankly at each other with googly eyes.  They seem to actually like each other as friends.

Funny that JD is out of the scheming business.  His poor wife is going to have to pay for all of his past mistakes!

• Love 6

They're comments on the size of their bridal party is what annoys me about the Duggars. They truly think everything they do is so unique or bigger then anyone else. Ah, I've been to weddings that had ten bridesmaids, I've been weddings that had more then that. One of my cousin's wedding who included all of her sorority sisters.

• Love 2

They're comments on the size of their bridal party is what annoys me about the Duggars. They truly think everything they do is so unique or bigger then anyone else. Ah, I've been to weddings that had ten bridesmaids, I've been weddings that had more then that. One of my cousin's wedding who included all of her sorority sisters.

The Hartono girl supposedly showing up unexpectedly was some bs. Jessa magically had a dress in her size, and the flower shop was magically able to put together a new bouquet, and her name magically appeared in the program, which was probably pre-printed way before the wedding? What do they take us for?

• Love 6

Some random thoughts:

I find it hard to believe that John David is seriously interested in getting married. If he is, why re-hash all of his buffoonery at earlier weddings? I do feel for him. I think he's a giant ass, but I also think that he's clueless, and doesn't really know how to behave.

The wedding planner has been on the show enough now that she has seen herself on camera, and sees the image that she portrays. The bug-eyed look that she uses is really off-putting.

I never saw the Josh and Anna wedding, but I thought that Josh singing to Anna was beyond dorky and ridiculous. I know the TFDW sang to Priscilla, so were they copying? That having been said, I was surprised to look up and see that it was actually Josh singing and not a recording -- he sings pretty well.

• Love 2

Poor old Josh.  He made his wedding sound soooo low rent.   EVerything was super cheap or second hand.  Yet I thought it was his and Anna's wedding that was quite nice, with food for the guests at a sit down affair and all.  Perhaps that was the Priscilla TFDW wedding, but thrown by the same parents, the Kellers.  IMO nothing compares to a Dugger wedding for shear snobbery, too many invited guests with no consideration for them.  Get over it Josh.  Your sisters may get a bigger wedding, but neither were as well done as yours and Anna's (even if I am getting it mixed up with Pris & TFDW, both were nice)

• Love 6

I had mixed feelings about the Marjorie announcement. First of all, she is adorable, but maybe too adorable. She is so comfortable in front of the camera that I can't help but wonder if she doesn't just want to be part of the dog-and-pony show, and Josiah is just a means to an end. I really hope that she is just a nice bubbly 17 year old girl, and that she and Josiah will "court" for a few years before deciding whether or not to marry.

• Love 1

Yeah I too call shenanigans on the Hartono girl showing up at the last minute. That makes no sense. Did Bin happen to scrounge up an extra groomsman? Because otherwise the bridal party would be unbalanced. Nice try though, Duggars.

I'm wondering what's going on with the younger kids. Hannie looked cranky and bored during her TH's and Justin was clearly not happy to be stuck with Jackson. I guess Boob decided Hannie and Jackson needed to be separated because they're never together anymore.

• Love 1

I really like Josh and Anna. She teases him. (That comment about beef and chicken?). He needs to be teased.

This. This right here. Josh and Anna have inside jokes as a couple. That joke that nobody else in the room gets but you and your clownish husband. Your friend. Your cut up partner. Your buddy. Stuff that isn't funny to anyone but you two.

Jill and Derrick have no inside jokes.

• Love 2

This. This right here. Josh and Anna have inside jokes as a couple. That joke that nobody else in the room gets but you and your clownish husband. Your friend. Your cut up partner. Your buddy. Stuff that isn't funny to anyone but you two.

Jill and Derrick have no inside jokes.

To be fair, Josh and Anna have been married for six years, while Jill and Derick have been together barely a year? It makes sense that a couple gets more comfortable around each other and knows each other better the longer they've been together.

• Love 2

I had forgotten about Josh singing at his wedding, but I actually liked the song and his voice.  Even my husband said he sounded good.  And you can tell Anna loved it...I think she loved it even more when he did it when prodded by the camera person/producer.  I thought it was sweet. 

• Love 2

The eyes.  I think that's part of the Gothard teachings.  The wimmin should be as unspoilt as possible, as naïve as possible, and as excited by life as possible, thereby eliciting the wide eyed happiness that only comes from surrendering themselves as much as possible to their headship, their lord Gothard, Jesus, and oh yeah, God.

• Love 3

I have this debate with my mother about mutual friends who talk about seeing all of their children married and I say they shouldn't be pushed and she's that it's not people are trying to push their children into marriage. It's that they want their kids to be happy and in general people think they'll be happier if they're married. 

My hope for the Duggar kids is the same for everyone else. They can love who they want to love, marry who they want to marry or chose not to if they wish.

The Hartono girl supposedly showing up unexpectedly was some bs. Jessa magically had a dress in her size, and the flower shop was magically able to put together a new bouquet, and her name magically appeared in the program, which was probably pre-printed way before the wedding? What do they take us for?

Although I do understand what you're saying, it could have been BS, but after thinking about it she may have been an unexpected arrival. Let's think about this. Jessa only had 3 months to prepare the wedding and the bridesmaids probably only had 8- 10 weeks prior knowledge of the event.  She may have originally invited the Indonesian girl to be a bridesmaid but then had to sit back and wait 3-4 weeks to see if the girl could actually make it. In the meantime, she probably ordered a dress in the girls' size (just to be prepared in case the girl showed up) and then arranged the programs before getting a final answer from the girl. We have no idea what this girl had to do to make this trip: arrange for time off of work, get her husband to agree, (if she's married) or wait for her parents' approval, maybe she needed to arrange babysitters, (if she has kids) and then there's the dreaded cost of the ticket to fly from Indonesia to Arkansas, or maybe there was an ill relative involved she didn't want to leave. So yeah it could've been BS, but she could have been an unexpected arrival. 

• Love 1

They're available for purchase on Amazon instant video shortly after they air. It's around $2.00 per episode, or you can buy a whole season.

When my son and I watched Josh and Anna get married, he was a young teen. I made him promise to me that he would never do that TO ME - make his mother sit through watching him sing to his bride. Now every time it comes up, it's one of our jokes. He promises every time. You don't have to be a Duggar to demand control!!!! ;)

• Love 6

This was common in my social circle when I was a kid. We were all paired off with a friend's kid, so that everyone got to marry and we were all related.

No one actually married that person. I doubt the Duggars/Bateses mean it either. They don't seem to arrange marriage until right before the marriage happens. No one is betrothed before courting.

Ugh - the groom (or the bride) singing to the other... I've actually been to two weddings where this happened. It was horrible. I was squirming in my seat from discomfort and second hand embarrassment. To everyone out there getting married or might get married someday or might have children who get married some day.... DO NOT DO IT!!!

• Love 3

Did we really NEED to see JosieGrossieBabyJane licking the blackboard at Jill's wedding? Nasty and Mechelle laughing about it. Sorry it's not socially acceptable to have your child act like an infant in public when she is 5 years old! UGH

• Love 6