Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion: The Machine Knows All

While that would put an end to their budding romance and get her off the show, it would result in even more angst and disillusionment on Reese's part, which I at least don't need more of.

Oh I agree, but since she's in the finale and she's not a team asset, either something bad happens to her it she's bad. Either way there's angst, her being a villain is for me the preferred one of the two. I'd like neither to happen which is why I hate this whole Iris and Reese plot to begin with. There no way this doesn't go bad Reese charging off to save her doesn't interest me at all because I feel nothing for her character that I wouldn't care if Reese made it there in time or not. Making her bad guy would at least make her interesting.

(edited)

Not at all surprising, but I'm glad they finally confirmed it simply so that people will stop asking!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaryTheGeek/status/619999850088628224

ETA: A zap2it interview where Plageman says a little more about it. Also, YES please read Fusco in. The snark will be hilarious! And then hopefully we can drop the police aspect of the show. Without HR, we really don't need the cop side of the show anymore.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1
(edited)

Eh, all Plageman's statement says to me is that Shahi's regular contract was indeed nullified and so now they're re-negotiating. It's kind of "six of one, half-dozen of the other" whether this is better or worse news IMO.

Edited by DEM
(edited)

Liveblog of the panel. Not really a lot that's new--I'm most interested to see how Finch will use a firearm strategically, how they rebuild The Machine (into more of a warrior, yes please!), and how Root feels guilty for picking The Machine over Shaw. Everything else is pretty expected, I would say.

Man, Jim Caviezel is like the biggest Careese shipper of all time.  Also I still don't care about Iris, sorry show. And funny that Caviezel and Acker live in the same building!

Sizzle reel (which is actually a fanmade trailer) + teaser for S5.

ETA: Another roundup of the panel.

DT and AA in the pressroom. JN, ME, and JC in the pressroom.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1
(edited)

Also, could the cast have dropped any more anvils about PoI moving to Netflix? Could they have mentioned Netflix any more often? It's clear they feel like it's a possibility but it's going to depend on streaming volume, so...ngl, more than anything else, what I took from SDCC was "IF YOU WANT THE SHOW TO CONTINUE, PLEASE WATCH ON NETFLIX THIS FALL AND GET EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW TO DO THE SAME."

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1
(edited)

A brief full-cast interview from SDCC. Amy is like the Netflix Whisperer. And KC just keeps throwing shade at CBS! He literally has no more fucks to give.

KC and GP interview together. GP and KC both have those deep belly laughs, I could listen to them laugh all day. We get a bit more on Fusco's storyline here--I'm getting excited to see Fusco's journey this season, it sounds like it could be good and it's past time he was read in. If we have to have a cop element of the show, this is how they should do it. We don't need cop Reese--and speaking of, don't tease me with the notion that the cover IDs might be gone unless they're actually gone, writers. (I'm really hoping they're gone--it just makes no sense to me that Samaritan wouldn't have connected Harold Whistler with Harold Finch and John Riley with John Reese after the finale--but I'm wondering if the compromise is that The Machine made them a second set of identities. So they retain cover IDs, but they'll be different identities.)

If Reese and Root band together when arguing over what The Machine should look like, I will never stop laughing.

Another Machine pov episode? Yes please--though it's going to be pretty impossible to top If-Then-Else.

ETA: This whole set of interviews has much better questions--much less rote. DT and AA, GP and KC, the three dudes. GP and KC hint not-so-subtly at Netflix here too.

Edited by stealinghome
(edited)
And KC just keeps throwing shade at CBS! He literally has no more fucks to give.

And neither does CBS apparently LOL

I wonder if they know CBS will be cancelling them if KC is being so pissy and throwing shade.

Edited by GodsBeloved

From the media thread:

Sounds like we're getting at least a partially brainwashed Shaw! Or at least a they-attempted-to-brainwash-her Shaw. I wouldn't be surprised if Samaritan tries to use her as a Martine replacement. It just makes so much sense.

Also, Shahi's desire for Shaw to go full-on Terminator and for Root and Shaw to have little cyborg babies never fails to crack me up.

I don't know, brainwashed Shaw who doesn't remember all that character development sounds like a cliche way of delaying the pay off. I would rather we avoid all that to be honest. But the execution might make it interesting, so I hesitate to judge before I see the episodes.

Edited by Boundary

@valen, Netflix has all four previous seasons available. I think that's pretty much the only place you can watch it at will, unless WGN America decides to rerun the finale tonight in a timely manner (I don't believe they are).

• Love 1

I got a kick out of this SNAFU sneak peek  - just Harold tweaking the Machine 

Sneak Peak Promo #2 for 5x04 - Shaw's return.....

Having been privileged enough to have already seen 6,741 (thanks to mysterious Canadian re-scheduling which allowed me to see it last night), I thought I would give the rest of you a few teasers-without giving anything away, of course. Hmm....now how can I do that? Well..

1. You might have to re-watch this one to get the most out of it.

2. The meaning of the title is not revealed until the end. It lets you know how tough Shaw has been in captivity.

3. There is a Root/Shaw scene-it lives up to its billing

4. Brainwashed or not, there are lines Shaw is not willing to cross-and others she leaps headlong over

5. And lastly, I will tease you with this quote. I'll give you three guesses of it's context;

"That didn't suck."

"Oh, there was a lot of sucking..."

• Love 1
(edited)

I find it funny that people are reading spoilers online from rather, how shall we say, dubious origins, and are taking it as gospel. I swear, the internet has collectively lost its mind the last week. Has anybody heard about them?

Edited by StarBrand
6 hours ago, StarBrand said:

I find it funny that people are reading spoilers online from rather, how shall we say, dubious origins, and are taking it as gospel. I swear, the internet has collectively lost its mind the last week. Has anybody heard about them?

Nope... but if you have links, it would be fun to take a look.

Be careful what you click on! I'm pretty sure that the subtitles for episodes 12 and 13 leaked (I saw them on the CBS website so I'm thinking they're likely legit), so you really will get spoiled for EVERYTHING if you go looking.

• Love 1
Just now, stealinghome said:

Be careful what you click on! I'm pretty sure that the subtitles for episodes 12 and 13 leaked (I saw them on the CBS website so I'm thinking they're likely legit), so you really will get spoiled for EVERYTHING if you go looking.

I didn't know that subtitles had leaked, so thanks for the warning.   

Usually I'm always up for spoilers no matter what (I hate surprises) but this is probably the one of the few times where I'm conflicted.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, tessaray said:

I didn't know that subtitles had leaked, so thanks for the warning.   

Usually I'm always up for spoilers no matter what (I hate surprises) but this is probably the one of the few times where I'm conflicted.  

I have poked around on the Interweb a bit, and have gone to a site I trust as an excellent source (I would guess most other members of the PoI CoI have a good level of trust in the site I'm referring to). It is true that you can get spoiled, but in this case, the site I saw makes me wonder how things will unfold.

Edited by DeepRunner