Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Promo: Primere Date June 1, 2015

• Start Topic

There is nothing that I have ever seen in Vicki that would lead me to believe she wouldn't be A-OK with having this filmed. It wouldn't suprise me in the least to learn that her whole reaction was recreated for the show. She is the one who talked at length about how emotional it was to find out that her daughter had eloped, but then we learned that she wasn't actually told about this on camera originally.  They decided to re-shoot that scene with the cameras in order to get Vicki's reaction on film for the show.

Wow I didn't know she a second take on Briana's elopement. If she re-shot hearing that her mom died that is despicable.

• Love 2

Wow, I had no idea Vickis mom died. She seemed active and healthy the last time we saw her on camera, so I'm really surprised to hear that.

Knowing the reason for her collapse (I'd previously assumed it was histrionics related to the fake cancer story) makes it unwatchable for me now.

• Love 1

I have to tell you guys that when I first saw Vicki on the floor, I didn't know it was the news of her mother. I found out reading the forums a few hours later. But what I will tell you is that I knew immediately was it was bad and it flashed me back to when I lost a parent, gone too young, horrifically, never got to say goodbye to them,  and found out about it on the phone- my other parent called me before I found out via a text or social media- it was via an accident so the news was flying around swiftly, fire, ambulance, scanner etc. If it happened during filming they had to tell her right away. Bad news travels instantly in today's world. It's just crazy that I saw the trailer and didn't know what the news was but I did know what it was.

And you know what I did taking the phone call???? The same thing as Vicki. Knees, the floor, and the horror movie screams then wailing & wailing that still haunts me. I slept on it last night and feel awful for Vicki she is one of my favorites for all of her fake trophies, Mexican hideaways and Midwestern corn fed thighs. I feel SO badly for her and each time I see her go through this on TV and  I will relive my  bad news every time I see it and I will probably have to limit myself from watching it more than once.

There's now way that was a retake. I swear to god, I did the. exact. same. thing. I am sorry about your Mom Vicki.

I'm sorry for your loss Alonzo.  Hugs.

• Love 2

Wow I didn't know she a second take on Briana's elopement. If she re-shot hearing that her mom died that is despicable.

For the most part this is just me being snarky and says more about how little I think of Vicki than anything that actually happened.  I am really sorry for her loss. I know that she loved her mother and she seemed like a lovely person. I just find little in Vicki to like or not be suspect of. Ever. I don't doubt that Vicki was in 100% pain over her death. I also don't doubt that Vicki would be fine in having it filmed, especially if it garners her any sympathy at all.  For some reason I suspect this is overall going to be a tough season for Vicki. She had a great season last year and got better notices and comments than she has in the past. Generally when an overall horrible HW suddenly looks good in one season they go back to the same horrendous person they actually are the next season. They just cannot keep up the farce for very long. 

• Love 4
(edited)

The new HW, Meghan? Has a brother named RJ King, who is a model.

Isn't that the same kid whose photos were being used by some girl on one of the early episodes of Catfish?

Edited by charmed1
(edited)

Whoa, Meghan is RJ King's sister? I did not see that coming. RJ is indeed a model and he starred in this pretty funny web series parodying the fashion world. I am surprised because RJ was genuinely funny in the series and showed a sardonic wit. You don't generally associate that kind of self-aware wryness with, well, whatever it is Meghan seems to be doing in the OC preview. It's like apples and oranges.

Here is an RJ heavy episode - it's a mock-reality show usually starring a fashion casting director named Preston.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2

I'm sorry for your loss Alonzo.  Hugs.

Thanks Lab. it is still awful for me, it wasn't long ago.

From my very biased shoes from a 3 second clip I am willing to go out there confidently that V wasn't faking. Been there. And I am pretty sure it had to be on film because they had no  choice but to tell her immediately if she wanted hear it from a family member instead of a text or on social media. Given of course production could have drawn the line, but they might not have known what the call was going to be

It looks too legit...I think.they were filming an event..and she happened to get a call from a family memeber...she maybe thought it was to check in on how she was doing with the whole Brooks thing...and then found out her mother died. Too real and raw to.be fake. My mom reacted somewhat similar when she heard the news of her mothers death.

My question is.why bravo is airing it.

• Love 1
(edited)

New girl that's an even bigger bitch than Tamara? Tamara getting baptized? Brooks faking cancer? The return of Brianna's smug face? I AM IN!

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 5

New girl that's an even bigger bitch than Tamara? Tamara getting baptized? Brooks faking cancer? The return of Brianna's smug face? I AM IN!

The real question is - - did Brooks get his cancer/non-cancer diagnosis at Chili's like everyone (i.e., Kim Z.) else does?

Is Brianna back in the OC?  I swear I saw her at John Wayne airport last week.

• Love 6

I too think it was real and immediately knew it was about her mother. I don't have a problem with bravo airing it because it's a real, genuine moment (like when they filmed Lynn's kid getting served with an eviction notice). These people signed on for a reality show, they aren't actors. What I do take issue with is Bravo airing it on mother's day. So tasteless, disrespectful, and cold.

• Love 3

I can safely say that the OC is less scripted then some of the other franchises..even with Heather Dubrow on the show.

And I think it is smart to only feature five women as the main focus. Lizzie and jeana can still have some focus ( fernanda got decent exposure during her friend of stint) but the main focus is the five women.

Holy deliciousness Batman. My OC B's are back.  Looks to be an embarrassment of riches. 

I haven't gotten too good a look at Meghan yet but at a quick glance she looks like a mash up of an unholy union of Tamballs and Heather. 

Shannon is looking very 'refreshed.'

Glad Lizzie is back in a limited capacity.

• Love 4

I'm so curious what this will mean for storylines in which Katie Hamilton was integral to.

Given that we're on, what? The third season where an OC HW has dropped out right before the new season airs (Katie, Danielle, Jim Edmonds' second wife)? They may as well just reserve an orange for a silhouette of where the last-minute exiting HW would have been.

• Love 2

I guess Shannon is in a coffin and David is giving a fake eulogy to prove how much he loves her? To comfort her with the words that he would say should she actually be dead? Sorry, but that is just all kinds of messed up to me. I want to like her so much because there is so much there to like, but she is just so strange to me. Is this an actual thing that people do? Talk about something that would upset your kids. 

• Love 3

I guess Shannon is in a coffin and David is giving a fake eulogy to prove how much he loves her? To comfort her with the words that he would say should she actually be dead? Sorry, but that is just all kinds of messed up to me. I want to like her so much because there is so much there to like, but she is just so strange to me. Is this an actual thing that people do? Talk about something that would upset your kids.

I saw it on the show Marriage Bootcamp (bridezillas' marriages in trouble...GASP). Yes it was as tacky as it sounds. I thought it exercise was stupid. I'm embarrassed for Shannon and David to be doing this crap for the show. Did I say that I thought it was stupid?
  • Love 5

In retrospect, Shannon has always been a little . . . um, interesting in most of her one-one-one scenes with David. I appreciate how formidable she proved herself to be at sparring, and I think that's where she distinguishes herself the most. Even when she was in meltdown from the stress of the gaslighting, it was all kinds of awesome to see her demolish the fourth wall and simultaneously refuse to back down from Tamra and Heather. I also find her I. Magnin pedigree interesting and like the holistic/crystal quirks. But the preview scene with David suggests she has not progressed perhaps on a personal emotional level; she appears to court unhappiness for some reason. I really think she needs to involve herself in some (or more) volunteer work. The exercise seems so attention-grabbing and reminds me of this Dr. Philesque show from the mid-aughties called Starting Over that featured all sorts of similarly odd workshop activities.

• Love 5

I agree that the coffin/headstone thing is super creepy and morbid. Is this more of the "working on our marriage" storyline from them? Because, seriously folks, just see a normal marriage counselor and go for more time alone. Sheesh. I actually like Shannon and David, individually, but sometimes as a couple they are super uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 3

Alonzo, my sympathies as well. Although my dear mother was 92 and unwell, my sister had a very similar reaction when I called with the news of mom's death. It's the sudden loss, that gaping hole that opens up in your heart, and it just takes your breath away. Here's to healing and better days. 

• Love 4

I'm wondering if the tombstone scene is a way to say good bye to the old Shannon and hello to a new,improved Shannon. As if the old Shannon has died and been reborn into.a new Shannon.

Her instagram pics during filming showed her happy with hubby and her children.. so maybe this scene happens at the start of the season. With that said, I'll be interested to see their teenage daughter and her reactions to her eccentric mom lol. We got glimpses of it last season.

Also, judging by the outfits...I guess tamras baptism occurs at the finale party. Girlfriend keeps trying to redeem herself every season..gotta give her credit for trying lol. I'm guessing she isn't too too involved in drama given that she has actual things going on in her day to day life. We shall see.

Meghan apparently married Mr. Edmonds in October/November 2014 and started filming in January. Gotta give her props for braving a reality show in the first few months of marriage...considering the divorce rate of reality show couples lol. Newlywed, instant step mom to a 17/18 year old daughter..plus the stresses of these women..and now I understand why she comes across so bitchy lol. Still she signed up for a reality show.

IMHO, the OC is the one show.that u don't have to script or create contrived situations... I wish the producers would not do so for a season...since Vicki alone is reality gold..along with Tamra and Shannon.

• Love 2

Tamra being baptized in a swimming pool in someone's backyard? Guess even the minister realized there was a danger of the Church falling down if done there.

Vicki comparing her life to Jesus on the cross? Check for delusion.

Meaghan saying she would never marry an older guy and pro athlete? Jeez, he was born in 1970, he's not on social security! And honey, you are the third wife of a former pro athlete, you need to get over yourself right now.

Shannon, was she there?!

Vicki telling Heather that if she were a man working and her stay at home wife spent money? What the heck? Totally understand it's Vicki's insanity about money, but just once could she think like a normal person?

Brooks lying? Check.

THEY'RE BACK!!

• Love 5

There is nothing that I have ever seen in Vicki that would lead me to believe she wouldn't be A-OK with having this filmed. It wouldn't suprise me in the least to learn that her whole reaction was recreated for the show. She is the one who talked at length about how emotional it was to find out that her daughter had eloped, but then we learned that she wasn't actually told about this on camera originally.  They decided to re-shoot that scene with the cameras in order to get Vicki's reaction on film for the show.

I can 100% see Vicki being A-OK with this being filmed too.  More than many of the other HW anywhere. 

I don't like Vicki at all.  Never have and never will.  She is insufferable on so many levels. I am sorry that her Mom died though- especially so suddenly.  I was with my Mom when she died from cancer and it made it "easier."  I think.........

• Love 2

Shannon, was she there?!

Your eyes might have rejected the image. She was splayed out in a coffin while David read her Eulogy. I will assume this is something that is supposed to get him to say the things when she is supposedly dead that he would have said were she alive? What an asshole. 

I can 100% see Vicki being A-OK with this being filmed too.  More than many of the other HW anywhere. 

I don't like Vicki at all.  Never have and never will.  She is insufferable on so many levels. I am sorry that her Mom died though- especially so suddenly.  I was with my Mom when she died from cancer and it made it "easier."  I think.........

I don't like Vicki either - never have and I doubt at this point that I ever will. She is just horrible. The good news is that it looks like there is another party where they are all wearing white dresses. I never fail to find the humor in seeing Vicki (who has a very nice figure) try to cram herself in a white dress that is at least 2 sizes too small for her. I am convinced that Vicki doesn't have a full-length mirror in her home. 

• Love 11

I'm so curious what this will mean for storylines in which Katie Hamilton was integral to.

Given that we're on, what? The third season where an OC HW has dropped out right before the new season airs (Katie, Danielle, Jim Edmonds' second wife)? They may as well just reserve an orange for a silhouette of where the last-minute exiting HW would have been.

Keep the Katie Hamilton footage where she interacts with other house wives and air them just superimpose a big orange circle on her face. That way the viewers aren't left with gaping holes in the narrative.

Ugh. I'm from St. Louis and a huge Cardinals fan. Jim Edmonds Is still a pretty big deal here. He's still active in the organization and has a lot of good will. I wish he hadn't done this show. Nothing good can come of it.

• Love 2

Lizzie also said June 1 in an interview. That date makes more sense if it's a Monday than June 10. I can't see RHOC pairing with MDL . . . Katie dropped out of filming two weeks before the cast trip. I can see Bravo wanting to emphasize her in light of the recent reports if there's a chance she'll return. No idea what the probability of that will turn out to be. Did Camille Grammer's participation (ie that she had established a "job" and her own revenue stream) impact her settlement with Kelsey? Katie seems shrewd and scrappy - as well as gracious - in all of her remarks to the media. Although if the $125 million is up for division - and I assume it is since the Angels are on the hook for it unless Josh relapses with illegal drugs - and the attention proves deleterious to her children, I would guess she's permanently done. You can see the Hamilton Newport home at the LA times. And (Ruh roh), it's reportedly situated on the highest property in Crystal Cove. Wasn't that Heather's thing? http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-josh-hamilton-house-20150417-story.html

California is a Community Property state and Kelsey and Camille had no prenup in place. So I don't think there was ever any question about how much Camille was walking away with. I don't know anything about this new housewife, so if it is a similar situation where there is no prenup in place, she will most likely walk away with half.

• Love 1

Ugh. I'm from St. Louis and a huge Cardinals fan. Jim Edmonds Is still a pretty big deal here. He's still active in the organization and has a lot of good will. I wish he hadn't done this show. Nothing good can come of it.

When I see her going after Vicki, (and I don't like Vicki at all) I hope Vicki decides to just call her Mrs. #3 and see if that sits well with the new Mrs. Edmonds, of the moment.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm on the fence about her. She has qualities that seem vague but from previews appears to be tough shitstirrer. I mean she's no Lydia who is my benchmark for people who don't give a fuck and can hold their own in arguments on RH but I am interested in this woman standing up to the others, for curiosity's sake.

Tamra is so damn conceited and clueless though I got the impression that she only called Meghan the new Tamra since she is young and blond. Just based from her tone and past remarks. Something about Tamra makes me feel like if Scarlett Johanson were on the RH she'd state she was the new her.

I may be proven wrong about both paragraphs spec once the season starts.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

What's this about Brooks *not* having cancer?  Did this guy really try to scam Vicki with a fake cancer scare?

I thought Heather was confrontinv Tamra about doing that. Actually, the first time I saw this I thought she was telling Tamra "You're made of CANCER! (You evil bitch!).

Dear Heather,

I would love to sit and watch your hillarious, self righteous, pretentious, princessy, self but......I WORK. Hear that Vicky? I WORK! Okay, so I really hsve no excuse to miss the RHOC and plan on tuning in at least a bit but in celebration of Vicky coming on I thought I'd throw the work thing out there. Oh, but my job ain't near as fancy as Heather's or Vicky's. Maybe I should call Heather and ask how to bea working woman and have it all? What did she tell Lizzie about that last season?

Ok, don't the previews show Shannon, Heather & Tamra getting along? I'm watching Shannon share with Tamra about her marriage falling apart and I keep yelling to myself, "no, Shannon, no...do not trust Tamra, not now, not ever!"

Tamra & Heather made up really fast after getting Shannon to trust Tamra.