Type keyword(s) to search

Grace And Frankie In The Media

• Start Topic

On 3/16/2019 at 9:06 PM, car54 said:

And: ". . . one person who will definitely be guest-starring is Mary Steenburgen, the cast and EPs confirmed."

Is it possible that I've been seeing Ernie Hudson in a commercial lately?
ETA: Whew! It is Ernie Hudson.: https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dcfi/carshield-sky-high-costs-featuring-ernie-hudson
I am relieved to ascertain that I am not one of those people who can't tell one person who is of a race other than mine from another person of that same race.
I just am having a worse and worse time with names, like: "It's one of those tall blonde girls."

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

This would almost certainly join my short list of long-running series that I enjoy the whole way through even if it went longer, but seven seasons is good and I am glad they know in advance when it's ending, so they can go out exactly the way they want rather than writing a season finale that can do in a pinch if it winds up also being a series finale.

• Love 2

I'll be sorry to see it go but I've snapped up DVD'S of 1-4 and will get the rest. It seems they have it planned out. I know The Ranch is wrapping up as well but no DVDS. I'm old and stoned. I want a hard copy for the retirement home;)

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

According to Netflix itself, January of 2020:

I guess the 100 episode mark is not worth achieving to Netflix —or may even be worth avoiding— since they’re stopping at 94. 

Edited by shapeshifter
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I guess the 100 episode mark is not worth achieving to Netflix —or may even be worth avoiding— since they’re stopping at 94. 

Do Netflix shows get sold into syndication?  If not, the 100 episode threshold has no meaning (and it doesn't even have the meaning it used to in terms of when a show becomes a potential syndication commodity). 

As I said back when it was announced the seventh season would be the last, while I could happily watch this show for many more seasons, seven is a great run, and I like when shows know well in advance that their final season will indeed be their final season - some shows don't even get to write a proper series finale, so to write and execute an entire season knowing it's the last one means a show can really go out on its own terms.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, possibilities said:

It might be that Lily and/or Jane don't want to keep doing it.

No, it was a Netflix decision.  When it was announced a few months ago that it was renewed for season seven, and that would be the last, Lily and Jane issued a statement saying, "We are both delighted and heartbroken that Grace and Frankie will be back for its seventh, though final, season."

They also said, "We’ll miss these two old gals, Grace and Frankie, as much as many of their fans will, but we’ll still be around. We’ve outlasted so many things – just hope we don’t outlast the planet.”

• Love 3

Martin Sheen was among those arrested today at the final Fire Drill Fridays protest in D.C. (they will resume in Los Angeles).  This is his speech after being introduced by Jane Fonda, who said "Sam Waterston's been here, Lily Tomlin's been here, June Diane Raphael's been here, the entire writer's room from Grace and Frankie has been here, and now we have Martin Sheen!  My ex-husband":

I can't find Raphael's brief speech alone, but it can be heard starting just around the one-hour mark in this video of the whole program:

And here she is in the crowd, with her child:

• Love 2
On 1/16/2020 at 7:05 AM, shapeshifter said:

I just realized I love 💕 Jane Fonda: 

Sorry it took you this long to get there but glad you are there -- she is UN. FUCKING. BELIEVABLY. AMAZING.

I've met a lot of politicians and celebrities and have never really gotten flustered. If I ever have the chance to meet her, I would be speechless in awe. 

She is, and always has been, one of the biggest bad-asses on the planet. It would be one of the honors of my life to meet this woman. 

I was at the Women's March in DC and was close to the main stage -- I got to see Gloria Steinem from about 100 yards away and I was speechless just from being even that close to her. That's Gloria in the red scarf in the picture -- sorry its not super clear -- you could barely move so I was holding the camera over my head but you can tell its her. I talked about her for the rest of the day! 

These women are activist ICONS and have paved the way for GENERATIONS to come. 

16179856_10154967480323685_7137024989109239237_o.jpg

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

I've met a lot of politicians and celebrities and have never really gotten flustered. If I ever have the chance to meet her, I would be speechless in awe. 

When I met Gloria Steinem - almost bumping into her on the street coming around a corner from opposite sides after a protest rally and march we both attended (back in the mid 90s) - I was so blown away I started babbling about sandwiches (she was holding a takeaway bag from the hole-in-the-wall deli I was heading to) before I got my shit together to talk about the protest.

I, too, have met quite a few celebrities and politicians over the years, but with a few you just can't maintain your cool.  If I'm ever lucky enough to meet Jane Fonda, more befuddled babbling will inevitably ensue.  I hope I get the chance to embarrass myself that way someday!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Jane Fonda determined to lose weight before returning to Grace and Frankie set

Jane Fonda is planning to lose 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) before filming resumes on her TV show Grace and Frankie. The 82-year-old actress was forced to halt work on the seventh and final season of the Netflix series when the coronavirus pandemic hit in March, and she wants to look her best before she goes back on set.  "There was a time when I was anorexic, but I never got below 112 (pounds)," Fonda recalled of her previous eating disorder struggles during an interview with The New York Times. "I don't let it get too far out of hand. I'm not at my fighting weight right now. I'm 127. My fighting weight is about 119. So, you know, when we get three weeks out from shooting Grace and Frankie, I'll lose 10 pounds."

That makes me sad...just goes to show that even the most committed and informed women can still be enslaved by fear of being judged for their weight.

Jane. Seriously. Be you. If your body wants to be (gasp) 127 pounds, honor it. You need to concentrate on your health, not how you look on television.

Honestly, another ten pounds might make her more attractive. 

• Love 3

The article makes mention of her previous eating disorder.  Unfortunately she still has the associated body dysmorphic disorder.

At her age she should be more focused on her health than her appearance.  It's not like we're talking a huge health-impacting weight gain here....

• Love 4

According to this new Lorraine Kelly interview with Dolly Parton and Barry Gibb (starting at approximately 7:40 in the clip), Dolly says she'll finally be visiting/reuniting with 9 to 5 co-stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin on Grace and Frankie once "life is good again"...

• Love 4
On 1/4/2021 at 4:51 AM, chediavolo said:

She has aging issues for sure. Not uncommon in Hollywood. Although whatever did all her plastic surgery is a probably the best there is. She can afford it she also dresses beautifully and has fantastic wigs that probably cost as much as my car! 

Okay, so we’ve been snowed in for five days and I think too much. But I was rewatching the very first episode when Grace is in front of her mirror...she removes the wiglet and starts brushing her hair. Is it even possible that hair is a wig? I know nothing about them, but her hair looks gorgeous. If that’s a wig, I may need to research financing one!

• Love 1
On 2/16/2021 at 1:32 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, so we’ve been snowed in for five days and I think too much. But I was rewatching the very first episode when Grace is in front of her mirror...she removes the wiglet and starts brushing her hair. Is it even possible that hair is a wig? I know nothing about them, but her hair looks gorgeous. If that’s a wig, I may need to research financing one!

Most of the hair you see on over 50 celebrity women are wigs or partial wigs. Even on some younger women. There are those that have fantastic hair  but as I can attest to as you get older hair unfortunately loses that beautiful fullness body and gorgeousness 

it falls apart just like everything else. 

It does seem that Jane it’s jacked full of hormone replacement therapy and we know she’s had a ton of work done to think that her hair at her age looks like that is kind of a stretch. She can afford a $10,000 wig if need be

On 6/7/2021 at 4:59 PM, chediavolo said:

Most of the hair you see on over 50 celebrity women are wigs or partial wigs. Even on some younger women. There are those that have fantastic hair  but as I can attest to as you get older hair unfortunately loses that beautiful fullness body and gorgeousness 

it falls apart just like everything else. 

It does seem that Jane it’s jacked full of hormone replacement therapy and we know she’s had a ton of work done to think that her hair at her age looks like that is kind of a stretch. She can afford a $10,000 wig if need be

Don't hate me but my friends are all jealous of me because at 63 my hair is still pretty fantastic.  Of course I started out with a TON of hair so even thinning a little it still looks voluminous.  I did have to search for better hair products in order to keep it that way, though, and they have been fantastic (i.e., NIoxin).  If not for that it might not look so good.  Of course if and when I reach Jane's age I won't expect my hair to look this way either.

Parton had said back near the beginning of the year she'd indeed be making an appearance this final season once filming was safe, so it's no surprise, but still quite exciting.

She's so very Dolly it's hard for her to successfully play a role rather than making a cameo appearance anymore, but I can't wait to see what character - as that's the route I assume they'll take - this show comes up with, having had all this time to vaguely think about the possibility before making the final call.