Type keyword(s) to search

Grace And Frankie In The Media

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, amaranta said:

Season 3 trailer

Oh, thank you, Universe.  Based on this, there is just no way I won't love season three as much as I loved the first two, so I am in for a treat.  You've given me so little to hang my hat on lately.  This won't begin to make up for the grand scheme of things, but this teased season three, especially when accompanied by martinis, will help me survive.  Gratefully, Bastet.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I have a sinking feeling this is going to be way too heavy on aging cliches.  

You are probably right, but if they are well written and well acted, it will still be funny as hell.

• Love 1

I love this show.  My sister, with whom I've fought for over half a century*,  recommended it.  She was right for once.  Jane and Lily are comedy gold.

*we are actually thisclose, but you know how siblings are.

• Love 1
On 3/19/2017 at 5:41 PM, wings707 said:

I have a sinking feeling this is going to be way too heavy on aging cliches.  

I'm not worried about it; the preview was evenly balanced between age-related storylines and those in which age is irrelevant.  And one of the tenets of this show has always been that older women are not defined by their age.  At the same time, things inevitably happen (to your body, to your mind, to your attitude, to society's perception of you, etc.) as you grow old, and acknowledging those changes - laughing about them, lambasting them, lamenting them, or lauding them, depending on the circumstances - is another basic function of the show, something important to see since older women are still too often ignored.  I think they'll keep up the honest, humorous look at life as these individual characters, with all that informs their experiences -- which includes, but is not limited to, being "women of a certain age."

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Tomorrow it will be on Netflix!   

Attention mods for threads for each show.   I am psyched.  

Me psyched too!  Watching this is one of the few pieces of great advice my sister ever gave me.

It's gonna be good. I have a feeling going into business with Grace is going to be one of the things Frankie sincerely regrets.

Did I mention I couldn't wait? Cause I. Can't. WAIT!!!

It's gonna take everything in my NOT to watch the first episode at WORK tomorrow!

8 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Did I mention I couldn't wait? Cause I. Can't. WAIT!!!

Apparently, I can't either, because I just checked to see if season three was available yet; I've never had Netflix access on the day of release before, so I don't know what time the episodes become available, and thought maybe it was at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time on release day, so since it's after 9:00 here on Pacific time, I figured I'd check.  Does anyone know what time the episodes will become available?

13 hours ago, Bastet said:

Apparently, I can't either, because I just checked to see if season three was available yet; I've never had Netflix access on the day of release before, so I don't know what time the episodes become available, and thought maybe it was at 12:01 a.m. Eastern time on release day, so since it's after 9:00 here on Pacific time, I figured I'd check.  Does anyone know what time the episodes will become available?

Episodes become available at midnight in your time zone. 

2018 well that is not soon enough. They have to crank them out faster.  Seriously, one a year is not  good.  I am used to binge watching a series that has 12 seasons before I start!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Grace and Frankie picked up a few Emmy Award nominations today:
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series
Jane Fonda 

Lily Tomlin 

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less)
  The Burglary, The Gun

I'm delighted to see Jane Fonda finally get a nomination here.  Lily's been nominated for each of the series' three seasons, but this is Jane's first.  That category is loaded with SEVEN outstanding nominees.  
I'm pleased to see the Design nod also.  I love the look of this series, especially the beach house.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Grace and Frankie picked up a few Emmy Award nominations today:
Jane Fonda 

Lily Tomlin 

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less)
  The Burglary, The Gun

I'm delighted to see Jane Fonda finally get a nomination here.  Lily's been nominated for each of the series' three seasons, but this is Jane's first.  That category is loaded with SEVEN outstanding nominees.  
I'm pleased to see the Design nod also.  I love the look of this series, especially the beach house.

One more Emmy nomination!

OUTSTANDING CONTEMPORARY COSTUMES FOR A SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE

• Love 1

Just started binge watching season 4. After binge watching Episodes season 5. After binge watching season 2 of Travelers. Maybe if it stops raining/snowing this week l might leave the house. I think today may be the day.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MsFlibbles said:

Just started binge watching season 4. After binge watching Episodes season 5. After binge watching season 2 of Travelers. Maybe if it stops raining/snowing this week l might leave the house. I think today may be the day.

I'm already halfway through season 4. :-) 

This show continues to hit it out of the park. . . 

And if you thought couldn't love Peter Gallagher more, just wait . . . . 

I LOVE THIS SHOW! 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

There's only 6 episodes this season?

No, thirteen, I believe (that was what was announced when they were renewed for season four, but I haven't scrolled ahead beyond those I've watched to verify).

Binge watched all 13 shows last night and tonight :(  Just like with chips, I can't pace myself.  There are just not enough episodes in this series, I am so depressed it's over.  But I loved it!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, stcroix said:

Binge watched all 13 shows last night and tonight :(  Just like with chips, I can't pace myself.  There are just not enough episodes in this series, I am so depressed it's over.  But I loved it!

Me too. When will season 5 start?

4 hours ago, greekmom said:

Me too. When will season 5 start?

There has not yet been any announcement that it will be renewed for a fifth season.  Thus far, it has been one season per year, so if we do get another season, it may very well not be until 2019.  Although seasons one and two were in May, season three in March, and season four in January, so the wait between seasons has shortened as the series went on, so maybe late 2018.

12 hours ago, Bastet said:

There has not yet been any announcement that it will be renewed for a fifth season.  Thus far, it has been one season per year, so if we do get another season, it may very well not be until 2019.  Although seasons one and two were in May, season three in March, and season four in January, so the wait between seasons has shortened as the series went on, so maybe late 2018.

It is also a little early to even get a renewal.  I would think we'll hear in a month or two if there will be another season.

As for the timeline, I'm not sure why netflix decided to drop each season earlier and earlier.  This is one of its more dependable shows, so I think it could go anywhere.  It might just be that Netflix had a hole to fill and Grace and Frankie was ready to go.

I do hate to say this, but it might also have to do with the cast.  The four main actors, as far as I know, are all in good health--but they are older and, as we get older, things happen.  I don't think any of them will drop dead (frankly, I'm convinced that Jane Fonda will probably live forever at this point), but that is a reality that they have to into account.  Plus, at some point, one or more of the actors may choose to stop working, or at least stop working on a scripted show that has certain demands.

I think the odds for a 5th season are good--this season didn't end in a way that offered any sort of real closure, but I could see future seasons ending in a way that could very well be either a To Be Continued or a Thanks for Watching.

Could not love the season more! Those videos posted above....THANK YOU!!! are well worth the watch. They played very well on WWHL. A little concerned by a talk show bringing them up back to back. Lily apparently called out for talking during the awards show and Jane vs. Meghan Kelly for decades past politics.  

On 1/22/2018 at 12:39 PM, OtterMommy said:

It is also a little early to even get a renewal.  I would think we'll hear in a month or two if there will be another season.

As for the timeline, I'm not sure why netflix decided to drop each season earlier and earlier.  This is one of its more dependable shows, so I think it could go anywhere.  It might just be that Netflix had a hole to fill and Grace and Frankie was ready to go.

I do hate to say this, but it might also have to do with the cast.  The four main actors, as far as I know, are all in good health--but they are older and, as we get older, things happen.  I don't think any of them will drop dead (frankly, I'm convinced that Jane Fonda will probably live forever at this point), but that is a reality that they have to into account.  Plus, at some point, one or more of the actors may choose to stop working, or at least stop working on a scripted show that has certain demands.

I think the odds for a 5th season are good--this season didn't end in a way that offered any sort of real closure, but I could see future seasons ending in a way that could very well be either a To Be Continued or a Thanks for Watching.

Martin Sheen actually had elective quadruple bypass surgery about a week before Christmas, 2015 (they were apparently on their December holidays hiatus from filming S3 at the time; the linked article said they’d return to filming after his surgery, & presumably after Christmas/Hanukkah/New Year’s Eve/Day). Martin was released from the hospital 2 days before Christmas.

• Love 2