Type keyword(s) to search

Grace And Frankie In The Media

• Start Topic

I've watched 10 or 11 episodes so far.  I haven't counted minutes, but F&G seem to be on screen much more than S&R.

I agree that the writing is a bit uneven, but the actors really sell their characters.  I've been enjoying it -- and marveling at Lily Tomlin in particular

• Love 1

Considering the typical inequities in pay between men and women in general (and stories about female leads being paid less than some supporting cast males in entertainment), I have no problem with LT and JF wanting to be paid more as the actors portraying the title characters.

• Love 2

It was nice to see Jane and Lilly on the James Corben show recently.  No big reveals or anything, they did mention that they got picked up

for season 2.  As amazing as they look for their age, and what great shape they both seem to be in,  I was a little sad to see that you could tell that they found

coming down the entrance stairs into the show a little hard.  Sort of a reminder that yes, they are up there in age. 

I have read talk of Jane's dancing with her partner and apparently she has had home dance parties for years.  So interesting to see that was on the show a little to.  I think some of the writing of Jane's character comes from her.  She is a producer. 

I'm getting netflix for Longmire and was wondering if this is still streaming on Netflix.  If not, how soon do the DVD sets come out?  Thanks for any help...

This is a Netflix produced show, it'll always be streaming on Netflix. As for being on DVD I have no idea when they release their shows. 

Martin Sheen had proactive quadruple bypass surgery last week and is reportedly recovering very well.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-martin-sheen-quadruple-bypass-surgery-emilio-estevez-20151218-htmlstory.html

Martin Sheen had quadruple bypass surgery last weekend, on purpose, according to son Emilio Estevez, and is expected to be home for Christmas. "With my mother Janet and our family by his side and under the coordination of his extraordinary team of cardiologists, doctors and nurses, my father displayed great courage, strength and humility as he took on this challenge," the "Breakfast Club" actor said in a Facebook post about his famous dad, 75.
The surgery, done at a Los Angeles hospital, wasn't an emergency situation. 
Always the entertainer, Estevez also managed to sneak in a plug for his dad's streaming series along with the good health news."Not surprisingly, he is recovering beautifully, out of the ICU and is expected to not only be home for Christmas, but be 100% by the time he returns to work on season three of the Netflix series, 'Grace and Frankie' early next year."

I'm excited!  I don't have Netflix, but my parents do, and I watched all of season one a couple of months ago while cat-sitting at their place.  They'll be gone for two weeks at the end of this month, so I'll be able to do it again.  (That's how Netflix works, right -- all of season two will be available as of May 6?)  I love this show.

• Love 3
On 5/6/2016 at 0:17 AM, Bastet said:

I'm excited!  I don't have Netflix, but my parents do, and I watched all of season one a couple of months ago while cat-sitting at their place.  They'll be gone for two weeks at the end of this month, so I'll be able to do it again.  (That's how Netflix works, right -- all of season two will be available as of May 6?)  I love this show.

Yes the whole season comes out at once.

On May 6, 2016 at 7:38 AM, dianagerace said:

Netflix keeps crashing! Damn you, fellow fans!

If you're using an apple tv, try unplugging it for five minutes. It doesn't seem to like the Netflix app much. 

• Love 1

Jane and Lily were on James Corden's show the other night (along with Anthony Anderson, and Carpool Karaoke with the Red Hot Chili Peppers). They were delightful as always.

Before they came out on stage, they did a bit where they pretended to be passed out drunk and sloppy on the green room couch together.

During the interview, they talked about how Lily and her partner (also named Jane-- Wagner, not Fonda) have been together 46 years and recently got married "since a guy on the red carpet kept asking [Lily] when we were going to do it"-- Lily said they'd had a very romantic life but since it had never been possible to get married until recently, they never considered doing it, but then they had to because of the red carpet guy asking all the time. I don't know how to describe how delightful I find her.

James, I guess because he hosted the Tony Award ceremony, mentioned her 2 Tony awards, and asked if she'd want to return to Broadway again, and if so what would her dream role be. She said she'd love to, and her dream role would be something her partner wrote, that it would be fun to top her previous show (which everyone agreed would be hard to do, and I concur; that was an incredible show and deserved awards that probably haven't been invented yet, in addition to the ones it got).

Later, Jane (Fonda) was talking about how after her divorces she wrote scathing hateful letters to her exes (which she never sent) in order to help her get over things, and then later they all became friends. And then everyone said that should be the show Jane (Wagner) writes for Lily to do on Broadway.

There was also a moment when Anthony Anderson was telling a story about swimming with wild pigs at a resort, and feeding them chicken hot dogs. He was careful to say they were chicken hot dogs, not pork, so people wouldn't be grossed out about pigs eating pork. Lily interrupted to say she was now worried about the chickens. Jane said: How Frankie of you!

The biggest news to me, though, was that Jane (Fonda) said Grace and Frankie was streamed by THIRTY PERCENT of all Netflix subscribers around the world. I kind of wish someone else would watch the interview to verify that I didn't mis-hear that statistic. It's pretty mind-blowing, if true. That has to make it the most popular show they've got, right? I love the show, but I never would have guessed that to be true and I still am thinking it must be that I mis-heard her. Can you imagine a show on network TV which was watched by 30% of all households who have TVs? The number of copycat shows would change the TV landscape radically. They'd stop making crime procedurals and make everything for the next several years be about odd couple cohabiting women in their 70s with gay ex-husbands for sure. I'm trying to imagine what it would be like.

Also, while I was looking for something else, I saw another Jane (Fonda) and Lily interview scheduled for a show I'd never heard of: "Celebrity Conversations" (on the "Ovation TV" channel). I set my DVR to catch it later this week (in the middle of the afternoon on Thursday 6/16 in my time zone). I thought I'd pass the info along in case someone else wants to try to watch it.

• Love 2

The "Celebrity Conversations" interview was really good. The interviewer is David Poland (who I had never heard of). I looked, and it seems like the series does post its episodes online, but I don't see the Jane and Lily one there-- maybe it will go up soon? Here's the site for anyone who wants to keep a lookout for it: http://www.ovationtv.com/series/celebrity-conversations/

They are definitely friends. They talked about that, specifically. Jane seemed a bit in awe of Lily, actually. They were practically holding hands at times.

They talked about what roles they'd loved most in their careers, and about how they came to work together and be friends. They talked a little about making Grace and Frankie, as well. Jane said they "finally" have more female directors working on the show for season 3.

• Love 1

I am watching this again.  I love this series.  My husband left me after 40 years of marriage.  Not for another man, a woman 20 years younger, thin and fit.  I am a statistic.  This show is comforting and sad, too.  I don't have a Frankie in my life nor do I have a beach house in Malibu but I still relate! 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, AuntieMame said:

Hang in there wings707. I wish that a Malibu Frankie beach house to cheer you up was in my gift. 

Thank you.  Kind words work, too!    I do want that beach house though.  I would take it in Florida because you can face the ocean without the blinding afternoon sun.  I have to get me a Frankie now.  I just moved to Phoenix from Florida and I am homesick for the east coast, FL, and well, just about everything else.  :^(  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

Thank you.  Kind words work, too!    I do want that beach house though.  I would take it in Florida because you can face the ocean without the blinding afternoon sun.  I have to get me a Frankie now.  I just moved to Phoenix from Florida and I am homesick for the east coast, FL, and well, just about everything else.  :^(  

@wings707. I too am an Eastern transplant to the West and while it's not so much that I want to go back East, I am in the middle of a huge hydra headed life crisis that I'm determined I will not only get through, but turn into a transformation. I married for the first time in middle age, two years ago and it isn't going well. My fault...married in a crisis, but this is one of the reasons I love Grace and Frankie so much. It is a meditation on marriage and intimacy and all of those things that go right and wrong with both. I'll join you in that beach house. I like a nice embroidered dress ala Frankie lol. But, how do you feel about central California? We just need to rob a bank for the purchase price.

Oh....and give yourself two to three years to adjust to a new place. I had major culture shock moving west. Who knew you could have it in your own country?

Oh...and divorced and widowed ladies of a certain age pooling resources and living together is a new lifestyle trend. It's just not getting the press it deserves.

• Love 2

I know it takes time to adjust. I work hard at seeing this as a good move (closer to my sons and grandchildren).  I love how Frankie dresses.  I was a hippie in the late 60's/70s so have always leaned toward Bohemian attire.  Either that or all black East Villiage NYC!  I do both but mainly live in jeans and leggings.  I went online and found out where to buy a couple of Frankie's caftan tops and bought them!  

This is a way off topic conversation!  

I need to be on the water so inland CA is no good for me.  Florida is affordable, CA is not.  

• Love 1

Oh, I meant the coast of central California.... Hearst Castle and Monterey, like that. 

I want the embroidered peasant dress Frankie was wearing in Season One. I have the craft skills to make a loit of her jewelry if I set my mind to it. I've been playing with beach glass and bead embroidery. 

Now, is the media saying anything about what we might expect out of Season 3? The characters have really grown, so it seems that some different storylines are necessary. I wonder if Robert and Sol fail/struggle because of the pressure on them to be the happy ending and Grace and Frankie end as partners with lovers on the side.

• Love 1

No news about season 3.  I will get an email from this one site who keeps track of this show, when it will air.  

I am looking forward to big changes with the cast.  I want to see Sol and Robert divorce.  I think we will see their relationship disintegrate.  

Big congratulations to Lily Tomlin!
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lily-tomlin-get-sag-life-917226?facebook_20160804

Lily Tomlin will be the recipient of this year's SAG Life Achievement Award.

The honor will be an addition to the actress' already impressive list of accolades, which includes multiple Emmys and American Comedy Awards, two Tony Awards, two Peabody Awards and the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor.

• Love 5
On 6/20/2016 at 9:08 PM, wings707 said:

No news about season 3.  I will get an email from this one site who keeps track of this show, when it will air. 

There is a season 3. On a recent episode of How Did This Get Made, Paul mentioned that June wasn't there because she was filming Season 3 of Grace and Frankie.

• Love 1

In season 3 they are going to focus on things and challenges that happen as we age.  Eh.  Not sure I like that.  I live with this shit.   I would rather have them just allude to this as they go about their normal life.   Nothing normal about it, really, but you get my gist.  

1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

I feel ya! I NEED season 3 NOW! 

I would like to hear they will release seasons 3, 4 and 5 in may!  I can easily watch a season in one sitting.  

• Love 2

What I would like to see in season 3.  

Robert gets hit by a bus.  I despise Martin Sheen AND his character.  Or Sol finds another man who loves his shoes.  LOL!  

I want to see Grace soften a bit in her clothing, wearing jeans and cool shirts and t-shirts more often.  Slightly different hair style for her, too.    They need to break out of their roles a little bit to show that they are changing to adapt to their new life.   

We will see Mallory learn her husband has been cheating.  They set up that one.  We might see her getting back with Coyote in some way or at least consider it.  That can be a cliff hanger for season 4.  

Robert and the man he met in the dog park will probably get together and send Sol into a dither.  Well, Sol lives in a dither.   So more of the same on that one.   

• Love 1
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I only want one thing..... more Sam Elliot. "What the fuck is a netflix ?" The Ranch

Love Sam, too. Ranch is a netflix series with Aston Kutcher. Is that what you are askimg?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I only want one thing..... more Sam Elliot. "What the fuck is a netflix ?" The Ranch

Love Sam, too. Ranch is a netflix series with Aston Kutcher. Is that what you are askimg?

I don't have Netflix, but my parents do, so I created a list on their account that I work my way through whenever I stay at their house to cat-sit.  They just announced they'd be leaving again on the 19th for two weeks, apologizing that it's not that long since they got back from their last trip -- I thought about milking it, but went ahead and confessed that I really needed them to be gone on the 24th and several days after, so this is great news. 

• Love 4

There is a strong underground movement supporting this fantastic series!  I can't believe how strongly I relate to the characters.  You can watch an ep over and over and find some nuance that resonates.  And laught your butt off.

• Love 2
On 3/6/2017 at 10:46 PM, Bastet said:

I don't have Netflix, but my parents do, so I created a list on their account that I work my way through whenever I stay at their house to cat-sit.  They just announced they'd be leaving again on the 19th for two weeks, apologizing that it's not that long since they got back from their last trip -- I thought about milking it, but went ahead and confessed that I really needed them to be gone on the 24th and several days after, so this is great news. 

You do know they can add you to their account so you can watch stuff at your own place correct?

• Love 1

I would need a Roku or Amazon stick; my TV isn't set up for that (and I will not watch programming on my 19-inch computer monitor).  They're gone enough that I get my fix often enough -- I just have to make sure they're gone every time a new season of this show is released.