Type keyword(s) to search

Charmed Polls and Surveys

1) If I had to pick just two favorite sisters of the four, they would be Phoebe (early seasons) and Prue.

2) My three favorite romantic pairings of the series are Phoebe and Drake, Prue and Bane, and Paige and Henry 

3) My three LEAST favorite romantic pairings of the series are Piper and Leo, Phoebe and Jason, Phoebe and Coop.

4) My three favorite seasons were Season 1-3. The show just never recovered when Prue died, and although we had some standout episodes, I can't say overall I enjoyed the series after season 4.

5) Favorite episodes, OMG!! This is just impossible for me to do. So I am going to pass. I can't name a few, maybe at least 60. LOL 

6) I'm stranded on a desert island with just 10 Charmed episodes to watch over and over forever; Something Wicca This Way Comes, Wicca Envy, That 70s Episode, Deja Vu All Over Again, Morality Bites, Chick Flick, All Halliwell's Eve, Sense and Sense-Ability, A Witch in Time and Primrose Empath.

7) I have the power to change three things about the series! Completely erase the Source storyline, and just keep him as a mysterious entity, in addition to the Elders. We only hear them mentioned as part of the Charmed mythology, and nothing more, so they are not even known as Elders or The Source. Erase the Chris storyline in season 6 of him being the second son and come up with something better. Since Holly was pregnant, find another way to work around her pregnancy. I just didn't like that storyline, it had so many plotholes. Introduce Henry earlier into the series and partner him up with Darryl starting in season 7. 

8) If I could have a Charmed power, it would be Orbing. Only because I could get to places I wanted too.

9). I would rank the seasons as: Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 3 > Season 4 > Season 7 > Season 5 > Season 8 > Season 6

10) Most unpopular opinions: That I liked Drake more than Cole, and would of liked had Drake being Phoebe's primary love interest and who she ended up with in the end. Going as far as wishing, that Balbazar was a true demon with no human half and Drake was simply being used as Balbazar's spy to get close to the sisters and falling in love with Phoebe. Maybe Drake and Cole were brothers. I don't know, I just wished we could of had Drake used and Cole being just a villain. That I didn't get the love of Piper and Leo and grew to hate them so much. And every chance I got to seeing them being torn apart, they ended up together. Piper was better off being the sister heartbroken and being a single parent in the end. That I actually like the first few episodes of season 5, if you skip past the Cole scene's, it was really refreshing to open season 5 with a lighter tone. I liked A Witches Tail, Happily Ever After, Siren Song and The Eyes Have It. Had Cole not been in season 5, I might have enjoyed it more. Yes a few episodes in season 5 were bad, but it needed a few more innocents being saved. And you got a winner on your hands, except the horrible introduction of the elders at the end of season 5. OMG! Please stop show, you ruined a good thing by not keeping them sight unseen.

• Love 2

That I actually like the first few episodes of season 5,

When I looked at the episode list, I was surprised by how many of my favorites were in that season. 

That I didn't get the love of Piper and Leo and grew to hate them so much. ....Piper was better off being the sister heartbroken and being a single parent in the end. 

Piper sometimes seemed happier when she was a single parent. I know how focused she always was on getting Leo back, but she rarely seemed happy around him while he was there, even at the beginning. 

You all are making me wish Piper had chosen human Dan in season 2, or better yet that ghost Mark had lived. The problem is that she might have nagged and been shrewish with them too. As someone said, she may just be the type who's not happy unless she's complaining. I recently saw Imaginary Friends on demand, and one of the big jokes is when Wyatt says Piper is more optimistic in the future. Paige is shocked and amused. It's supposed to be funny because Piper is just so pessimistic and sour in the present. She's great sometimes, but her 'tude can be tiring. I think I agree that Leo brings out the miserable and always irritable shrew in her the most, more than her sisters do. 

That I liked Drake more than Cole, and would of liked had Drake being Phoebe's primary love interest and who she ended up with in the end

They were actually a really good match. He brought out the joyful, passionate and optimistic Phoebe I loved so much in the first couple of seasons. 

Phoebe and Jason

I can't decide if Jason is really boring, like almost all the Charmed male characters are, or actually a jerk - or both. Did he and Phoebe have anything in common? He was more like a pushy career counselor she had never asked for than a boyfriend. 

with a lighter tone

Other than the Long Live the Queen part of S4, I feel like humor and fluffy sweetness is what this show did best. Its attempts to be darker and more serious usually didn't work as well. That may be why I don't love the first two seasons quite as much as everyone else? Some of the writing felt like it was taking itself too seriously, and Prue was a very serious character who gave the show a more serious tone. Not saying any of that is bad, but I just love Charmed the most when it's got a lot of humor and light. 

I just wished we could of had Drake used and Cole being just a villain

I think I said somewhere, or at least meant to, that I don't like Cole when he's all in touch with his human side and 'good.'  He either becomes as dull as most of the other Charmed guys are or just isn't trustworthy and believable to me. I thought the actor was a lot more adept at being more evil and crazy. :) 

• Love 1

Not sure where else to ask this, but what would you pinpoint as the major differences between Paige and Phoebe? There are a lot of great points about their similarities, but I feel like there are major differences that I'm having trouble putting into words. Paige seems more skeptical and less open. We're told Phoebe has a wild child past but she comes off as very open and trusting, sometimes even naive, following her heart and her impulses in situations where Paige wouldn't. I know people hate Phoebe, but even when she's not at her best, she's usually enthusiastic, patient and more sensitive about what she says. Paige can be more jaded, very impatient, blunt and tactless. Not sayig any of that is bad; I'm just trying to say how their personalities come off differently to me. Phoebe is more vain and Paige is more insecure. And Paige is more alternative? Phoebe is quirky too but her interests are more mainstream, writing for a mainstream newspaper and learning about pop psychology, watching those sweet old movies and wanting to maintain a lot of family traditions. Paige is into offbeat art and usic, less into traditions, writes haikus instead of normal spells and just seems like she would dislike pop psychology and corny sweet movies like the ones Phoebe loves. She wouldn't care nearly as much as Phoebe about her human career, and I feel like she'd have been okay not getting married and not having kids while that became very important to Phoebe. 

I did an awful job trying to explain what I see as their differences, but I'm confident that you all will do better! 

My apology if I've already posted this - but it seems to think I haven't, so I'm going to now. Still learning this forum's idiosyncrasies...

LOL, you can tell that I haven't read this thread yet - I'm amazed to find that a lot of my unpopular opinions aren't.

Even though Leo and Piper *are* in some of my favorite scenes, they're one of my least-favorite couples because they ruined each other, the way Phoebe and Cole ruined each other.  As I've said elsewhere, if Leo had stayed away after Season One, his and Piper's love story would be my favorite, especially if Dr. Williamson could've been part of S1, but the way Piper in treated Leo in Season Two after deciding he was the one...*shudder*  and even more how she ruined him after Prue died and she made him feel so guilty for it, so he became their magical doctor/taxicab rather than their guide, eventually turning my favorite male character into her little errand boy and letting me end up hating him for not having the balls to take his sons and walk out on his shrew of a wife!  The way she mourned him when he was frozen after the way she treated him was disgusting!   Ditto for how she used Dan.  It's why I wish she'd stayed dead in "Awakened". The way Phoebe loved the lawyer and not the demon Cole truly was, Piper loved the errand boy and not the angel Leo truly was.

You are also very correct re: Paige as Phoebe 2.0.  I HATED them turning the Only Child into the Baby, just like I hated them turning the Middle Child into the Oldest and the Baby into the Middle Child.  It's one of the main reasons I wish that Phoebe had died rather than Prue - then Prue could remain the leader, Piper could remain the heart of the family and they wouldn't turn the youngest into the Baby because it would be too much of a comparison to Phoebs, so she could remain the Only Child and butt heads with Prue in a totally different way than Phoebs did while Piper would still have to play mediator.

But I really can't choose between early-season Piper and early-season Phoebs, while of the second set, Paige was the best when compared to the other two, and I liked her best in S4. So that's why I chose her.

9 hours ago, whateverhappened said:

Not sure where else to ask this, but what would you pinpoint as the major differences between Paige and Phoebe? There are a lot of great points about their similarities, but I feel like there are major differences that I'm having trouble putting into words. Paige seems more skeptical and less open. We're told Phoebe has a wild child past but she comes off as very open and trusting, sometimes even naive, following her heart and her impulses in situations where Paige wouldn't. I know people hate Phoebe, but even when she's not at her best, she's usually enthusiastic, patient and more sensitive about what she says. Paige can be more jaded, very impatient, blunt and tactless. Not sayig any of that is bad; I'm just trying to say how their personalities come off differently to me. Phoebe is more vain and Paige is more insecure. And Paige is more alternative? Phoebe is quirky too but her interests are more mainstream, writing for a mainstream newspaper and learning about pop psychology, watching those sweet old movies and wanting to maintain a lot of family traditions. Paige is into offbeat art and usic, less into traditions, writes haikus instead of normal spells and just seems like she would dislike pop psychology and corny sweet movies like the ones Phoebe loves. She wouldn't care nearly as much as Phoebe about her human career, and I feel like she'd have been okay not getting married and not having kids while that became very important to Phoebe. 

I did an awful job trying to explain what I see as their differences, but I'm confident that you all will do better! 

Oh, no, you didn't at all!  You did a great job of explaining the differences, which I'll admit I never really noticed before, but you're right.  I wonder how much this had to do with them actually letting Paige be a bit of an Only Child while Phoebe, even when she was PhoeME rather than Phoebs, was always the spoiled Baby.   I think they made Paige avante garde because they were basing her on Rose so Rose wouldn't have to do a lot of real acting, and Rose tends to be more that way.  I wonder if *she's* an Only...

Along those lines, remember that Connie Burge based the Halliwells on her three sisters (with Phoebe based on her), so that's probably also why Phoebe is more like a true Baby during the earlier seasons rather than the latter ones, the way Prue is a typical Older Sister and Piper is a typical Middle Sister, but only during the earlier seasons.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 1

As far as Season Five goes, I agree.  Had they kept Cole in Season Four where he belonged (no, he belonged in Season Three only...he and Phoebe should've been the ones who died...then *they'd* be my favorite couple rather than one of my least-favorites because they both ruined the other, the way Piper and Leo ruined each other) it could very easily be one of my favorite seasons.  I definitely like it more than the last half of Season Three and the Phoebe/Cole parts of Season Four.

• Love 2

Hi! Another fan of both Charmed and Gilmore Girls here. There are a few similarities between the shows, including that both series made it hard for me to continue loving the characters in later seasons. Some of my opinions seem a little different from the norm so please be patient with me. :) 

Season order: 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 7

I'm in the group who thinks the original power of three and more grounded feel and stories represented the show at its very best. I agree that it's not a Prue vs. Paige thing as much as just preferring the sisters as a unit while Prue was among them. 

Sister order: Piper, Phoebe of the first two seasons, Prue, Paige, Phoebe of the rest of the series 

I literally think of Phoebe as two separate characters! That's how different she was to me between BC (before Cole) and the seasons that followed. 

I'll try to explain more about my obsession   healthy love for Piper in the Unpopular Opinions thread since she draws a lot of criticism here. I can absolutely understand why while still loving her anyway. Prue is a character I appreciate a lot more with age and more life experience. 

Favorite sister relationsip: I want to cheat and say the relationships among all three of the original sisters! If that doesn't count as a valid answer, I might pick Piper x Prue. Very similar in some ways, very different in others and this natural understanding and empathy between them. I always had the sense of a very deep bond there. 

Favorite romantic relationship: I may be one of the only people here who absolutely loves Piper/Leo despite some annoyance with how they were written later on. I like Andy/Prue, though I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in them as I am in Piper/Leo.  I agree that Paige/Henry seemed like a good fit even though we didn't see that much of them and the show had declined so much by the time they got together. It's fair to say that I couldn't care less about any of the other romantic relationships on the show, but I agree that Phoebe had nice potential with Eric from They're Everywhere.   

Favorite 15 episodes: The Truth is Out There, That 70s Episode, Love Hurts, Morality Bites, Chick Flick, Astral Monkey, Be Careful What You Witch For, All Halliwell's Eve, Pre-Witched, Sin Fransisco, Long Live the Queen, Witch Way Now, Centennial Charmed, Sand Fransisco Dreamin', The Day the Magic Died 

I feel a little guilty about not including any from S6, 7 or 8, but even though there are some good episodes those seasons, there aren't any I'll watch again and again and really love. 

I'm missing some great questions but don't know how to scroll upwards without losing this post, so I'll end this here for now. Thanks for the fun Monay morning diversion! 

Edited by Iknewyoucoulddoit
  • Love 3

Did anyone else spend way too much time thinking of their answers? If only I cared as much about my actual job, lol. 

Season order: 2, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 7

I'm in the group who thinks the original power of three and more grounded feel and stories represented the show at its very best. I agree that it's not a Prue vs. Paige thing as much as just preferring the sisters as a unit while Prue was among them. 

Sister order: Piper, Phoebe of the first two seasons, Prue, Paige, Phoebe of the rest of the series 

I literally think of Phoebe as two separate characters! That's how different she was to me between BC (before Cole) and the seasons that followed. 

I'll try to explain more about my obsession   healthy love for Piper in the Unpopular Opinions thread since she draws a lot of criticism here. I can absolutely understand why while still loving her anyway. Prue is a character I appreciate a lot more with age and more life experience. 

Favorite sister relationsip: I want to cheat and say the relationships among all three of the original sisters! If that doesn't count as a valid answer, I might pick Piper x Prue. Very similar in some ways, very different in others and this natural understanding and empathy between them. I always had the sense of a very deep bond there. 

Favorite romantic relationship: I may be one of the only people here who absolutely loves Piper/Leo despite some annoyance with how they were written later on. I like Andy/Prue, though I'm not nearly as emotionally invested in them as I am in Piper/Leo.  I agree that Paige/Henry seemed like a good fit even though we didn't see that much of them and the show had declined so much by the time they got together. It's fair to say that I couldn't care less about any of the other romantic relationships on the show, but I agree that Phoebe had nice potential with Eric from They're Everywhere.   

Favorite 15 episodes: The Truth is Out There, That 70s Episode, Love Hurts, Morality Bites, Chick Flick, Astral Monkey, Be Careful What You Witch For, All Halliwell's Eve, Pre-Witched, Sin Fransisco, Long Live the Queen, Witch Way Now, Centennial Charmed, Sand Fransisco Dreamin', The Day the Magic Died 

We have a lot of the same answers! But not all, which is why threads like this are so interesting :) 

Seasons: 3, 1, 4, 2, 5, 7, 6, 8 

Sisters: Piper, Phoebe, Paige, Prue, but I totally agree that the original power of three worked a lot better even though I relate a little more to Paige as an individual character. 

Favorite sister relationship: Piper and Phoebe. I mentioned why in the unpopular opinions thread :)

Favorite romantic relationship:

I may be one of the only people here who absolutely loves Piper/Leo despite some annoyance with how they were written 

Take heart in knowing there are at least three of us who still love Piper and Leo and always will :) This was the easiest category to vote in for me, not just because of how much I love Piper and Leo but because of how indifferent I am to the other couples on this show. 

Favorite 15 episodes: 

And this was the hardest category! My instinct was to list at least 50, not 15. The Truth Is Out There, Pardon My Past, Ex Libris, All Halliwell's Eve, Just Harried, Pre-Witched, Sin Fransisco, Lost and Bound, Saving Private Leo (am I the only person in the history of Charmed fandom to list this one as a favorite? :)), Long Live the Queen, Centennial Charmed, Sand Fransisco Dreamin, The Day the Magic Died, Imaginary Friends, Forever Charmed 

• Love 2

Seasons in order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 5, 8, 6

1, 2, 3 and 4 are very close to tied, but S1 wins out because it has so much sentimental value for me, Prue/Andy are my favorite romance of the show, and I'm with those who prefer Quake over P3. Running a club wasn't even Piper's pasison so P3 just became something else for her to complain about. I did notice that I have slightly more favorites from S2 and S3 than S1, but S1 as a whole is the one that I think I value most.  

The sisters in order: Prue, Paige, Phoebe, Piper 

Favorite sibling relationship: Prue and Phoebe. And the relationship I pretend could have existed between Prue and Paige :) 

Favorite romantic relationships: Prue and Andy, Paige and Henry, Prue and Bane, Piper and Mark Chao 

I can't pick just 15 or 20 favorite episodes! 

On a sidenote, I feel like one of the only Charmed fans here who didn't watch Gilmore Girls. Maybe I have to work on changing that! 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, theotherhalliwell said:

On a sidenote, I feel like one of the only Charmed fans here who didn't watch Gilmore Girls. Maybe I have to work on changing that! 

Nope, another non-Gilmore Girls watching Charmed fan here! I would sometimes put reruns on as background noise but I never really paid attention to the show, much less follow it. Part of me kind of wants to watch it for young Liza Weil, who is now doing excellent work in How to Get Away with Murder, but then I've also heard that the last season and the revival last year were very disappointing from my friends who were/are into it, so I kinda feel like it might be a big waste of time.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've also never been much of a Gilmore Girls fan - watched episodes here and there and although I liked the characters, they never caught my attention the way the Halliwells (before Brad Kern got a hold of them...) did.

When Charmed first came out, I was much more into another Spelling production - 7th Heaven - really got into the Camdens.

Probably why I love this so much: Charmed - 7th Heaven Style

Edited by Esmeralda
(edited)

Another old Charmed fan but brand new PTV user who's extremely happy to find other people who love this show! 

Favorite sisters in order: Paige, Phoebe, Piper, Prue. I never realized until now that I love them in reverse birth order! I love them all, though naturally all of them occasionally annoy me too. :) 

Seasons: 4, 5, 6, 3, 2, 8, 1, 7 

I first became hooked in the middle seasons, and those are still the ones I love the most. I also ranked Season 8 higher than most did because even though I agree that Christy and Billie are the worst ideas the show ever had, I like other aspects of the season, love Phoebe/Coop and Paige/Henry, and will join those who say they still sob like a baby while watching or even thinkng about the finale! 

Favorite romances: Phoebe/Coop. Now if only I could justify why! I like that they're both warm, open, loving, and adventurous optimists. You know how sometimes you'll see a couple on TV or (less often!) in real life and just think "I really see and even feel the connection there, they somehow just belong together" even when few others see it too? That sums up how I feel about Phoebe and Coop despite how relatively little time we got with them. Second place: Paige/Henry. 

Least favorite romances: Phoebe/Jason, Paige/Kyle, Prue/Jack 

I'm somewhere in the middle and mostly indifferent to the relationships we saw the most of: Piper/Leo, Phoebe/Cole and Prue/Andy 

Favorite sibling relationship: Phoebe/Paige, and not just because they're my two favorite sisters. I love how readily and warmly Phoebe accepted Paige and how you can tell they're sisters by the many similar traits and tendencies they both have while also having a few interesting differences as well. I also loved Prue/Phoebe. 

I saved the most important for last:

Least favorite hairstyles: Phoebe in S6, Phoebe for the last half of S4, Phoebe's blonde hair in S3 (poor Phoebe! It's hard to make Alyssa Milano anything less than gorgeous, but the stylists sometimes seemed to try their hardtes to do so!), Prue's really short hair in S1, Phoebe's hair for most of S1, Paige as a blonde/strawberry blonde

I hope we can think of more questions because these are a lot of fun to answer! 

Edited by forever

It's hard for me to pick a favorite sister because I love them all, but I tried to go through it season by season.  

S1: (in order of how much I loved each): Piper, Phoebe, Prue 

S2: Phoebe, Prue, Piper (love triangles always leave me feeling extremely frustrated with everyone involved and I couldn't care less about watching Piper establish the nightclub that I can't see her ever wanting to have in the first place)

S3: Prue, Phoebe, Piper

S4: Piper, Paige, Phoebe

S5: Paige, Piper, Phoebe

S6: Piper, Paige, Phoebe

S7: ... not exactly the most likable season for any of the sisters, but I guess I'll go Paige, Piper, Phoebe 

S8: Paige, Phoebe, Piper

Things I realized from doing this exercise:

1. I am far too obsessed with this show and have too much time on my hands :) 

2. Unlike nearly everyone else, I had more issues with Piper around S2 and S3 than in the following seasons. Someone else pinpointed why: the stuff she was always obsessing over and annoyed about in later seasons seemed more worth getting so upset about, especially if you're someone as naturally high strung and anxious as Piper and I happen to be :) I get Prue grieving over Prue and agonizing about one of her kids becoming victimized or evil. Whining for four or five episodes about wedding preparations and wanting a normal honeymoon or obsessing about which dull love interest she should be with for an entire season? That's when I'm less sympathetic. ;) Or maybe it's that I got used to the more jaded Piper later on while in S2-S3 the change from S1 is still harder for me to adjust to. Plus, I enjoy seeing her as a mom, though like many of you, S1 Piper is still the version of the character I love the most.

3. I'm a Phoebe apologist in general, but the rankings reveal that I'm right on board with people who love her a lot more in the beginning seasons than the later ones. 

4. Paige is the only sister who was never my least favorite in any given season. That doesn't mean she's my favorite - it just means that during all of her seasons, at least one sister managed to annoy me a little more! 

5. There are a few reasons why Phoebe is the most lovable to me early on and it's certainly not all related to Cole and her love life, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I love her most during the seasons when she's more or less single. As much as I like the idea of her with Coop, another part of me wishes her path had been to find happiness as someone happily and deliberately single.  

6. This isn't exactly breaking news, but the sisters in general were not at their most lovable and interesting in the final 2-3 seasons, at least not to me. 

I'm excited to tackle the pressing issues of hairstyles next! 

8 hours ago, stillsearching74 said:

Or maybe it's that I got used to the more jaded Piper later on while in S2-S3 the change from S1 is still harder for me to adjust to. Plus, I enjoy seeing her as a mom, though like many of you, S1 Piper is still the version of the character I love the most.

True. S2 and S3 Pipers weren't the best. The reason why I just was so tired of her by late season 7/season 8 is that she stopped caring about the innocents and she felt like she was "retiring" after seven years. She seemed to wipe her hands clean of saving innocents and killing demons and she showed no concern early on for her choice. She was very selfish in that way because she was choosing herself over others. Which is primarily why I loved Paige in season 8 and even rank Phoebe above Piper for the last season. At least Phoebe marginally gave a shit in between Dex and Coop. At least from what I remember. 

I think I'll be rewatching the last two seasons, to see if maybe I'll like some other episodes more. 

• Love 2

And the 15 episodes I would bring with me to a desert island, especially if no one else was on the island to make fun of my strange taste in episodes:

1. Dead Man Dating

2. The Truth is Out There

3. The Wendigo

4. That 70s Episode

5. Morality Bites

6. Pardon My Past

7. Ex Libris

8. Chick Flick

9. Sin Fransisco

10. Brain Drain

11. Long Live the Queen

12. Sympathy for the Demon

13. Centennial Charmed

14. The Day the Magic Died

15 Forever Charmed

I'm sure I left out about 40 of my favorites, but I tried to limit myself! 

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, stillsearching74 said:

Which episodes make you all smile and laugh the most? Some of mine are The Truth is Out There, Chick Flck, Once Upon a Time, Sin Fransisco, Lost and Bound (the Phoebe-as-Stepford-wife parts), and Witchstock. 

I'll agree with those, although I'll add 'Sense and Sense-ability' 'That Seventies Episode', 'They're Everywhere', 'All Halliwell's Eve' and 'I Dream of Phoebe' (the Phoebe the genie parts) to the list. 

Although my all-time favorite Charmed scenes that make me smile the most are the sisters dancing to the Cranberries at the end of 'She's a Man, Baby, a Man" and Phoebe flying across the moon in 'Al Halliwell's Eve'.  If I could just bring these episodes and those scenes to the deserted island, I'd be happy, as much as I'd miss my other favorites.

Edited by Esmeralda
  • Love 2
On 5/8/2017 at 9:23 AM, stillsearching74 said:

It's hard for me to pick a favorite sister because I love them all, but I tried to go through it season by season.  

S1: (in order of how much I loved each): Piper, Phoebe, Prue 

S2: Phoebe, Prue, Piper (love triangles always leave me feeling extremely frustrated with everyone involved and I couldn't care less about watching Piper establish the nightclub that I can't see her ever wanting to have in the first place)

S3: Prue, Phoebe, Piper

S4: Piper, Paige, Phoebe

S5: Paige, Piper, Phoebe

S6: Piper, Paige, Phoebe

S7: ... not exactly the most likable season for any of the sisters, but I guess I'll go Paige, Piper, Phoebe 

S8: Paige, Phoebe, Piper

Things I realized from doing this exercise:

1. I am far too obsessed with this show and have too much time on my hands :) 

2. Unlike nearly everyone else, I had more issues with Piper around S2 and S3 than in the following seasons. Someone else pinpointed why: the stuff she was always obsessing over and annoyed about in later seasons seemed more worth getting so upset about, especially if you're someone as naturally high strung and anxious as Piper and I happen to be :) I get Prue grieving over Prue and agonizing about one of her kids becoming victimized or evil. Whining for four or five episodes about wedding preparations and wanting a normal honeymoon or obsessing about which dull love interest she should be with for an entire season? That's when I'm less sympathetic. ;) Or maybe it's that I got used to the more jaded Piper later on while in S2-S3 the change from S1 is still harder for me to adjust to. Plus, I enjoy seeing her as a mom, though like many of you, S1 Piper is still the version of the character I love the most.

3. I'm a Phoebe apologist in general, but the rankings reveal that I'm right on board with people who love her a lot more in the beginning seasons than the later ones. 

4. Paige is the only sister who was never my least favorite in any given season. That doesn't mean she's my favorite - it just means that during all of her seasons, at least one sister managed to annoy me a little more! 

5. There are a few reasons why Phoebe is the most lovable to me early on and it's certainly not all related to Cole and her love life, but I don't think it's a coincidence that I love her most during the seasons when she's more or less single. As much as I like the idea of her with Coop, another part of me wishes her path had been to find happiness as someone happily and deliberately single.  

6. This isn't exactly breaking news, but the sisters in general were not at their most lovable and interesting in the final 2-3 seasons, at least not to me. 

I'm excited to tackle the pressing issues of hairstyles next! 

Your #5...It's what I've discovered.  I like *each* of the sisters best when they're not in a relationship.  The only exception for favorites in a season is Piper in Season Five and Paige in Season Eight and that's only because I dislike the other two in that season more.

• Love 1

Yes. Most villain actors were really bad but Oded Fehr, Julian McMahon, Peter Woodward and even Billy Drago for the campy villain actually really worked within the tone of the show which wasn't always overly serious. 

I'll agree with all of those except Peter Woodward.  His Source was nothing but an actor with bad makeup and never seemed real the way the others did.  I much prefer Michael Bailey Smith as the original Source, along him playing Shax and Belthazor. 

Michael Bailey Smith was just a voice in All Hell Breaks Loose. He never physically played the role. 

I thought Peter Woodward did a great job. And the makeup job was decent for Charmed, certainly not the show's worst. 

In fact, despite my love for the Belthazor storyline, I find that look more laughable. Because of the ridiculous red, it never comes off real and looks like a face paint job a kid would have to play Spiderman. Lmao. 

And I can't quite believe they admitted to being influenced by Darth Maul. I mean, of all things. Lol.