Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Exposure

4x19 Sneak Peek

OK, I completely understand Emanda (should we go back to calling her that now?) getting freaked out and upset, but I want to smack her for screaming at Nolan. Save that for Victoria and Louise, why don't you?

I will probably always call her Emily.  But I was going to see what those on the show would be calling her now, especially the people who always called her Emily.  I would so miss Nolan calling her Ems.

• Love 4

The episode hasn't even aired yet and I am already all riled up...

Why does Louise think she is entitled to know about everything Nolan and Emanda have done? Nolan married her as a great favor and their marriage was intended to be temporary. IMO, Nolan even letting her know a few episodes back that he and Emanda were "like superheroes" and giving her a small part in their plan was already a HUGE gesture of faith on his end.

Louise wants to be able to trust someone? How about being a trustworthy person yourself?

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 2

I hate it when they put bits of plot into a recap episode. 

I actually didn't mind it, for this episode.

I thought margohome was smartening up and then, poof, that moment was gone.  I have no sympathy for Margo or Victoria, for that matter.

Any guesses on the new sharpee holder?

I was getting whiplash going back and forth between Margaux and Victoria.  Victoria wants revenge.  Oh, wait.  She's given it up.  Margaux says let it go.  Oh wait, she s back to wanting revenge.  Stupid!!  And why do they keep making Louise so clueless.  Nolan rescues her and now she believes Victoria?  I guess she's gone now.

I enjoyed the recap.  And I'm glad they brought up every vile thing Victoria has done, including murder.  But I didn't enjoy Emily yelling at Nolan.  He has always been her true friend, through everything,  I guess Ben is gone now, too. 

It really does look like the end of the series.

• Love 2

Louise, Louise, Louise what the hell are you thinking siding with Victoria. Nolan did a lot more for you than Victoria ever did. Didn't Victoria leave you in the hospital? Didn't Victoria give you the cold shoulder when you came to the Hamptons? Nolan is too nice of a guy to drop a dime on you about letting your brother fall to his death. Oh, and about the hard drive, how dod the police miss it. Finding it semi-buried, in the sand, is a little contrived.

Victoria doesn't know when to quite. Amanda cleared her son's name and she can't be greatfull. At least Margaux was for a little while. Victoria is the master of the half truths. Victoria always leaves herself out of any misdoings. Is she really that delusional to think she does nothing wrong?

Margaux dances around like a cat on a hot tin roof. Margaux is ready to give up on ant revenge but than, because Amanda was mean to Victoria on TV, that now Margaux seems to be back on Amanda's scent. First of all, did Amanda know the truth about Victoria covering up for her mother and did Margaux know that her father was part of the plot to blow up the plane and frame Dave Clark? Also, does Margaux know that it was Conrad who killed her father? Amanda is not being charged for covering up the shooting of a federal agent so why would Victoria think that Amanda would be charged for portraying a federal agent. I think it was Liddia who placed the red circle around Amanda's picture.

I thought for sure we were going to have a Jack Amanda reunion. I just feel that Amanda kept Jack at arms length to protect him.

• Love 1

I think it was Liddia who placed the red circle around Amanda's picture.

Good guess!  They did feature her quite a bit in the flashbacks.   I didn't think she was still alive, but of course, we never saw a body.

Has the show been cancelled? Not only was this a sort of wrap-up clip show, but it feels like they're tieing things up and heading towards a series finale, ie. Jack and Emanda. Plus, the preview said to tune in for the final four episodes.

• Love 1

The episode hasn't even aired yet and I am already all riled up...

Why does Louise think she is entitled to know about everything Nolan and Emanda have done? Nolan married her as a great favor and their marriage was intended to be temporary. IMO, Nolan even letting her know a few episodes back that he and Emanda were "like superheroes" and giving her a small part in their plan was already a HUGE gesture of faith on his end.

Louise wants to be able to trust someone? How about being a trustworthy person yourself?

Got to rehash yet another Nolan LI turning against him.

Louise, Louise, Louise what the hell are you thinking siding with Victoria. Nolan did a lot more for you than Victoria ever did. Didn't Victoria leave you in the hospital? Didn't Victoria give you the cold shoulder when you came to the Hamptons? Nolan is too nice of a guy to drop a dime on you about letting your brother fall to his death. Oh, and about the hard drive, how dod the police miss it. Finding it semi-buried, in the sand, is a little contrived.

Victoria doesn't know when to quite. Amanda cleared her son's name and she can't be greatfull. At least Margaux was for a little while. Victoria is the master of the half truths. Victoria always leaves herself out of any misdoings. Is she really that delusional to think she does nothing wrong?

Margaux dances around like a cat on a hot tin roof. Margaux is ready to give up on ant revenge but than, because Amanda was mean to Victoria on TV, that now Margaux seems to be back on Amanda's scent. First of all, did Amanda know the truth about Victoria covering up for her mother and did Margaux know that her father was part of the plot to blow up the plane and frame Dave Clark? Also, does Margaux know that it was Conrad who killed her father? Amanda is not being charged for covering up the shooting of a federal agent so why would Victoria think that Amanda would be charged for portraying a federal agent. I think it was Liddia who placed the red circle around Amanda's picture.

I thought for sure we were going to have a Jack Amanda reunion. I just feel that Amanda kept Jack at arms length to protect him.

Really, it's like a villain on off switch at this point, the motivations is so poorly done, it's more of a parody of a villain than an actual threat at this point.  This is why I don't want new characters or anything to try and prolong this series because the new characters they already have are terrible.

Has the show been cancelled? Not only was this a sort of wrap-up clip show, but it feels like they're tieing things up and heading towards a series finale, ie. Jack and Emanda. Plus, the preview said to tune in for the final four episodes.

I hope so, with each episode comes more reasons to end this show this season, it feels like wrap up that's dragging on and on.

Edited by Free

What the hell was that?  It seemed like a series finale episode.

But I am pissed that Emily/Amanda continues to treat Nolan like dirt.  And David never did apologize to him for slugging him.  Nolan is just a punching bag now.

• Love 2

What the hell was that?  It seemed like a series finale episode.

But I am pissed that Emily/Amanda continues to treat Nolan like dirt.  And David never did apologize to him for slugging him.  Nolan is just a punching bag now.

Exactly, it's just sad what Nolan has devolved to over the series.

This was a hybrid show, the extra one that was ordered and slotted in because they probably already have a set end for the finale episode but yes, this show should definitely end with the way things are heading.

• Love 1

I was so mad at Emily for how she yelled at him, and that the episode ended without her apologizing. For the record, I find it completely implausible that someone like Nolan would leave files like that so easily accessible, and I blame lazy writing for that, but Emily has gotten herself out of much bigger messes, and it was obvious Nolan didn't intend for her to get in trouble. 

It does look like this is the end of the show, and I'm glad. TPTB have run out of good stories to tell a long time ago, so much so that for the last two seasons I've only been watching for Nolan. But even he doesn't have anything interesting left to do, so it's time to wrap it up, and at least TPTB seem to have known far enough in advance to be able to create a satisfying ending.

I love Nolan.  And I hate seeing Emily yell at him, it makes me sad.  But I can't be too mad at her.  It was insane that Nolan kept all of that evidence at all, but especially on a laptop he leaves anywhere.  Any computer genius knows that no encryption is unbreakable given enough time.  I realize it's an idiot plot, but still. 

However, considering she threw the laptop with Grayson's confession into the ocean (I will never stop bringing that up), she better be over it soon and apologize for yelling,

As for the rest, I can't even.  Victoria's indignation and blood-lust over Conrad killing Pascal because of Emily got him to wear a wire is LUDICROUS in light of the fact that Victoria killed Aidan. And Margaux being indignant over Emily/Amanda (seriously I just got used to calling her Emily instead of Emanda due to her claiming that name this year, now I don't know) calling Vic out was dumb.  What outright lies?  Amanda said Vic was convicted of murder (apparently true) and that she became darker thereafter (true) and implied Vic killed someone (TRUE).  Ugh.  It's so annoying seeing Margaux and Louise being so damn gullible re: Queen Vic.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 3
I was getting whiplash going back and forth between Margaux and Victoria.  Victoria wants revenge.  Oh, wait.  She's given it up.  Margaux says let it go.  Oh wait, she s back to wanting revenge.  Stupid!!  And why do they keep making Louise so clueless.  Nolan rescues her and now she believes Victoria?  I guess she's gone now.

Yes, this was awful.  All of it.  I just wanted to say...make up your dang mind already.  I also didn't get the Louise thing and as stated farther up why would Nolan owe her complete honesty when their marriage was based on him just helping her out.  

Based on all of the things that Emily and Nolan have been up to I really don't blame her for being mad about the files.  That is some serious stuff.  And he did leave his computer available for anyone to come in and take data, even if he did want to keep the files and keep them private.  Like any close friends, she was angry and lashed out at him, but I am sure they will be fine in the end.  She couldn't exactly be happy about the files being exposed, and especially when it turns out that he kept them for sentimental reasons not because they both decided it was a good idea.

I always hate how Victoria forgets that she did anything wrong, especially killing a man.  She also forgets that Daniel shot Emily.  It is all so convenient.

The only reason I liked the clip show aspect is that it gave me hope the show might end.  It must end--it has been grasping at straws for so long.  

• Love 2

ITA - I understand a wife wanting to be emotionally close to her husband, but Louise knew that her marriage to Nolan was for the sole purpose of getting her money back from her mother. She knew this wasn't a traditional marriage where she and Nolan got to know each other and fell in love and wanted to spend the rest of their lives together, so it seems a bit ludicrous that she expected to be privy to all of Nolan's secrets.

But secondly, Amanda's secret was just that - AMANDA'S secret, not Nolan's. Just because Nolan knew Amanda's secret doesn't mean that he had the right to tell anyone else, least of all the wife in his sham marriage.

Louise acting all hurt about it was just ridiculous. She had no right to expect Nolan to tell her about Emily's secret identity or his role in Emily getting her revenge.

Part of me was so annoyed that this was just a glorified clip show with the minimal amount of plot. But part of me liked seeing old school Nolan and Emily and what I used to like about the show in the earlier seasons. Of course, that only served to highlight how much the show has gone off the rails.

R.I.P. Whale cam!

• Love 5

I really liked the episode. It certainly feels like they are building towards an ending.

The person who circeled emily's face will probably be Mason, although I secretly hope it's Lydia.

I'm also really curious who attacks Victoria next week.. And what will happen in Burn. Will there ve a fire in Grayson Manor or a bom? And will there be deaths?

Also, will we see Courtney Love's 'White Gold' again?

Clip show was amusing enough. Nice getting to sort of see Sammy, Fauxmanda and Aiden once again I guess.

Victoria, Louise and Margaux made for a surprisingly frustrating team. None of them have a leg to stand on, revenge wise.

The aftermath of Emily's public confession had it's moments, liked her scenes with David, didn't like her shouting at Nolan though. Clearly an Emily/Jack reunion is on the cards as well.

I'm guessing it's either Lydia or Charlotte who will be after Emily in the final four, right? 7/10.

I'm guessing it's either Lydia or Charlotte who will be after Emily in the final four, right?

Is it too much to hope that it's Conrad? The clip show just made me miss that Magnificent Bastard even more.

• Love 3

Please God let it be Mason Treadwell!  If this is the end of the series I would want to see his bow tie wearing, sleezy ass just one more time! 

Even thought it seems like it might be Lydia, I hope it's Mason, too.  I loved that character!

• Love 2

Just tossing in my guess for Mystery Red Marker Person: Ashley. Because why the hell not.

That would be... unexpected.

I was just thinking about the red sharpie. If it would be Mason.. Then they wouldnt release his name in the description for the episodes and release stills from the episode with him. So it must be someone else.

RedSharpie Villain edition will likely by Lydia just on the basis that she got a lot of attention in last night's flashback-athon.  No doubt Lydia played a significant role early in the show and was involved with the wedding/shooting story, but her flashbacks were disproportionate to her overall involvement in the show.  The only reason for that is if she will be showing back up in the near future.

But yeah, Mason would be lovely.  Doesn't Amanda owe him a book exclusive still?

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

Wow, I wasn't expecting a clip show; but the show really is ending now...  Louise really needs some perspective; Emily and Nolan rescued you from a life of being forcefully drugged, institutionalized, and having your inheritance exploited by your abusive mother!  They gave you your life back!  You don't have to be BFF's if you don't want, but getting revenge because Nolan lied to you about going to the club, or because they didn't serve to you all of the secrets of their lives on a silver platter is really insane.  Louise, Margewww, and Victoria are way to wishy washy to harm Emily right now. 

But it looks like Lydia and Charlotte are coming back, since they were in the clips (I'd much rather see characters from S1 return then anymore of that ridiculous assassin that Margeww tried to fire).  Realistically, it would also come up at some point that Emily's mother is also alive but I guess they aren't going to go there.  It was satisfying seeing Emily and David tell of the ex-senator. 

I can't even with Margaux. Why is she still here?

Victoria seems to forget that Amanda did not kill her boyfriend, son, or anyone else. Victoria did kill Aiden though. What drugs is she on that she thinks this was all Amanda's fault? Look in the mirror Vicky, then chant: "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all?" Because YOU are the wicked witch of the Hamptons dear.

• Love 4

RedSharpie Villain addition will likely by Lydia just on the basis that she got a lot of attention in last night's flashback-athon.  No doubt Lydia played a significant role early in the show and was involved with the wedding/shooting story, but her flashbacks were disproportionate to her overall involvement in the show.  The only reason for that is if she will be showing back up in the near future.

But yeah, Mason would be lovely.  Doesn't Amanda owe him a book exclusive still?

Yeah now that I think about it, it probably will be Lydia, which I'm ok with, but Mason always had a special place in my heart.  YES Amanda did promise him an exclusive interview/book deal to her life story but that deal was made because he went to jail for her *I think* and not after he was shipped off to some tropical location and presumed dead so I don't know where that deal stands. 

Since David Clarke is "cured" now and in fact NOT a complete psycho path then introducing Mason back into public life would be great in the Revenge world--plus it would be interesting to see David does react to that because I would guess all he knows is that Treadwell is dead.

As for the rest, I can't even.  Victoria's indignation and blood-lust over Conrad killing Pascal because of Emily got him to wear a wire is LUDICROUS in light of the fact that Victoria killed Aidan. And Margaux being indignant over Emily/Amanda (seriously I just got used to calling her Emily instead of Emanda due to her claiming that name this year, now I don't know) calling Vic out was dumb.  What outright lies?  Amanda said Vic was convicted of murder (apparently true) and that she became darker thereafter (true) and implied Vic killed someone (TRUE).  Ugh.  It's so annoying seeing Margaux and Louise being so damn gullible re: Queen Vic.

Seriously, they're all terrible and not in a good villain way.  All have terrible excuses for motivations, they turn evil whenever the writers need them to, there's no sense of consistency whatsoever so we have Margeaux and Louise in the pointless villain brigade because they literally have nothing important to do.  They're useless characters that have been dragged into this mess for no reason at all.  As for Victoria, it just doesn't work, this show threw out the revenge at the end of S3 and now to contrive this at the last minute is laughably bad.

I thought the red sharpie person was Mason.....didn't he go to jail for Emily with the understanding that he'd get an exclusive? Then she goes and tells all on some TV show?  I know he's not in jail anymore, but I bet he'd still want to do his book.

I know Emily has done some bad things, but all these people upset with her getting her revenge annoyed me.  They all helped to frame David for the deaths of hundreds of people.  It's called karma people, deal with it.  

• Love 4

ITA which is why I am glad that David strolled in to remind that guy who ruined whose life first. That guy, Conrad, and Victoria need to get off their high horses and quit clutching their pearls about all the terrible things that Amanda did to them. They do not have the moral high ground.

• Love 3

Please please please let these be the final episodes ever. This series has been running on fumes for way too long and at this point it's nonstop eyerolls from me.

Does the actress who plays Margaux have some kind of incriminating evidence against the producers? What other reason could there be for her continued presence on this show? Shut UP, Margaux.

Loved seeing Aiden again - man, he was hot. And that adorably goofy, happy grin during the proposal...sigh! And Sammy, always a pleasure.

My kneejerk reaction to the final Sharpie shots was Conrad. But Lydia makes sense too.

• Love 1

I tried to see if I could tell if the hand with the sharpie was male or female, but I can't. Here's the ending scenes, maybe someone else can. Sharpiegate starts around 3:10

Conrad is dead people. Bringing him back would personally ruin everything for me. They already brought David back from the dead and Kara and they did it with Lydia too. There are also only 4 episodes left podsibly for the entire series so what would be the point?

• Love 1

The point is that we miss Conrad. If they can bring David back, they can bring Conrad. The only one they can't bring back is Pascal, because he ended up a chunky salsa stain on Conrad's face.

• Love 3

From a narrative perspective, yes, it would make more sense for Conrad to stay dead (but then, the same could be said for David and that's a can of worms best opened elsewhere) but my wishing for Conrad is for purely selfish reasons.

• Love 2

Finally got around to watching this bullshit glorified clip show and all it did was make me miss Aiden, and hot Barry Sloane. Also? I think I might miss Josh Bowman? Ack! What is wrong with me?!

• Love 1

Just reviewed the recap. Totally forgot about the shaving cream caper. I don't think he'd be the red circle Sharpie person. Unlike the rest of the redexed, he still has something to gain, and I don't see him jeopardizing the book deal just for revenge. Lydia is my first guess, Kara second.

This was probably one of my favourite episodes (and likely my favourite for this season).

It honestly didn't even feel like a "clip" show- the flashbacks were so well-integrated and poignant that they felt like entirely new scenes. Making an episode like this was a smart way to tie the series back together and help bring it full-circle.

I always love when old conspirators from the first few episodes come back- getting to finally see Tom Kingsley confront Emily was like a moment out of a dream (I wish we could have seen an Uncle Bill confrontation too but I get that it would be unnecessary).

I'm hoping that Ben joins Louise in going renegade because Team Emily has been severely overcrowded for the past half-season (literally everyone vs Margaux). Plus ABC does "cop boyfriend turned dirty cop stalker" storylines so well.

Izler better release another soundtrack for Seasons 3-4 because the music this episode was perfect.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 2