Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Jac

Purple Monkey Dishwasher AKA The Mangled Loglines Game

Inspired by EHG #65's game time, Purple Monkey Dishwasher. Take a TV logline, put it through four random languages on Google Translate, translate back to English and post to the board for untangling.

Example

A young Bridget Jones-type doctor, trying to navigate both her personal and professional lives. (original logline)

(English>Spanish>Arabic>German>Romanian>English) (translation process)

Young Bridget Jones type doctor tried to go both her personal life and career. (result)

The Mindy Project (answer)

(post only the translated logline)

All genres of TV are fair game.

Lets begin.

General knowledge of the competitors will be tested when given the answers to the questions that will be formed.

• Like 3

Jeopardy?

FYI I posted a link to this game in the EHG topic because everyone seemed to love it so much! Thanks for starting it! 

• Like 2

May I suggest this site for translation? Here's one from it:

Logline: It's 1972, an elite team of sin, and sent to a military court in prison. Stokke most fled underground safety in Los Angeles. Right now the government wants to know.

Answer:

The A-Team

• Like 1

Jeopardy?

FYI I posted a link to this game in the EHG topic because everyone seemed to love it so much! Thanks for starting it! 

Yep!

• Like 1

Group of young people in California and [redacted] to live, I want to live. And what about the dreams of the driver, war, conquest, and we look forward to the client.

• Like 1

Group of young people in California and [redacted] to live, I want to live. And what about the dreams of the driver, war, conquest, and we look forward to the client.

The Walking Dead?

• Like 1

It's been well over a month and nobody's gotten sinnerforhire's clue, so while we wait for him to let us off the hook, does anyone mind if I keep the game going with another clue?

"Crazy woman always ready to be a star conductor with her husband and presented in the strangest cases."

Some clues if you need 'em:

It is a sitcom

from the 1950's