Type keyword(s) to search

Grab Your Gear and Stay Awhile: Guest Stars

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Speaking of guest stars:

In the last four episodes of NCIS, will there be some recurring characters or guest stars? –Ann
I can tell you that in the season’s antepenultimate episode (airing April 28), Matt Jones reprises his role as NCIS Special Agent Ned Dorneget (and for multiple episodes) and Jamie Bamber returns as Bishop’s husband.

Matt's Inside Line

Thread title suggestion: Grab Your Gear and Stay Awhile

Happy to see the return of Jake and Dornegaut.

• Love 2

Carrying over the Senior discussion from the latest episode thread, I think the character of Senior has sailed, but unfortunately, I think the writers and Gary are so into Robert Wagner that that's why we keep getting stuck with him.  The "fathers" storyline is pretty much over.  Ralph Waite has died and the Admiral and Eli have been killed off as characters.  Senior's really not relevant to the NCIS canvas anymore.

Truthfully, Robert Wagner the actor does nothing for me.  Hart to Hart was on when I was a kid, but I never watched it.  The major things that I equate with RW are Senior (whom I don't care for) and the fact that he's still under suspicion for being involved in the death of Natalie Wood.  I agree with those that say that the writers, Gary, and even the actors all want the viewers to be happy about Robert Wagner when he does an NCIS episode.  I don't get the sense that we're supposed to root for Senior, but I do get the sense that we're supposed to root for Robert.  I don't root for either.

• Love 1

The only thing I really like about RJ in the role is his resemblance to Michael Weatherly.  Very good casting.  Like others posted in the episode thread I loved Robert Wagner back in his 'Hart To Hart' days but he seems so wooden as an actor now, almost painfully so. 

Sigh, I miss Ralph Waite.  I bawled when he died and thought the show did a nice job paying tribute to him.

• Love 4

Thread title suggestion: Grab Your Gear and Stay Awhile

Happy to see the return of Jake and Dornegaut.

Only chat about the guest stars you like hanging around ?

I don't think the problem with Senior is Robert Wagner. When they allow him to really talk , i find him interesting. It's all the fluff they make us wade through to get to that point. The storyline has to move on more than it has which is the same since we met him.  Senior comes to town causes hi- jinx, Tony is all over the place , Gibbs steps in and  chat at the the end. Or he is involved with the case and that makes Tony crazy but general same outcome.

• Love 1

Only chat about the guest stars you like hanging around ?

Not necessarily.  I wrote a post about Senior and goodness knows, I'm not his biggest fan.

The "Stay Awhile" came from the fact that NCIS has so many recurring characters that have recurred for years...like Senior, Borin, and Fornell.  They have "stayed awhile" on the NCIS canvas.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

I believe the reason, or one of the reasons they cast Wagner as Senior was because Weatherly played Robert Wagner in that movie about Natalie Wood's death, many years ago? Or that maybe when they cast him, it was like, *wink* *wink* Hey! Michael played Robert Wagner and now Wagner is playing Michael's father!

I can't recall the exact conversation, but it was over on TWoP, alas.

And since he's been booted to recurring now, instead of taking over again, I cannot express how much LOVE I have for Director Morrow. Hell, even my mother, who left to retire in India (with my Pops of course) 11 years ago, doesn't like Vance.  She's been here for the past three months helping me out. The first words out of her mouth regarding Vance (from watching the USA airings) "I don't like that guy." Heh.

At least Morrow didn't poke in and act as if he were running the investigations as Jenny and Vance are wont to do.

I'd love to see Pacci again...oh wait, I can't. Because they killed him off in the second season! That's another thing I miss that I wish Gary would bring back. The other teams.  See, in the early days, besides Gibbs' team, we would always see, in the background, other teams, and other agents sharing the same space as DiNozzo, McGee and Kate, then Ziva. Sometime after Ziva joined, those other agents just seemed to disappear. So my long-winded comment is, I miss the recurring guest(s) of the other NCIS teams.

• Love 1

So my long-winded comment is, I miss the recurring guest(s) of the other NCIS teams.

Same! You know who I miss? Chad from Chad. When was the last time we saw him? I like having random agents pop in and help with case of the week.

• Love 4

The other teams.  See, in the early days, besides Gibbs' team, we would always see, in the background, other teams, and other agents sharing the same space as DiNozzo, McGee and Kate, then Ziva. Sometime after Ziva joined, those other agents just seemed to disappear. So my long-winded comment is, I miss the recurring guest(s) of the other NCIS teams.

budget cuts... apparently Gibbes' team comprises all of the NCIS agents who haven't been laid off. ;)

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 1

I heart Borin. I'm watching S1&2 on USA, and I like the SecNav (JAG?) Commander played by Alicia Coppola. I thought they were starting a little sumpin-sumpin between her and Gibbs and then poof - she's gone.

While I realize he killed Kate, Rudolf Martin was a great Ari (he'll always be Anton to me).

Same! You know who I miss? Chad from Chad. When was the last time we saw him? I like having random agents pop in and help with case of the week.

Pamie's MFTL

and I like the SecNav (JAG?) Commander played by Alicia Coppola. I thought they were starting a little sumpin-sumpin between her and Gibbs and then poof - she's gone.

She wasn't SecNav. She was JAG lawyer. Two different things. At the time she appeared, Dean Stockwell was the SecNav.

She wasn't SecNav. She was JAG lawyer. Two different things. At the time she appeared, Dean Stockwell was the SecNav.

I don't remember Dean Stockwell ever being SecNav. Wasn't Alan Dale always SecNav before Jennie?

I don't remember Dean Stockwell ever being SecNav. Wasn't Alan Dale always SecNav before Jennie?

No, you're confusing the role of Director with SecNav, which is Secretary of the Navy. SecNav is played this season by Leslie Hope.  At the time Faith, Alicia Collins's character appeared on the first season of NCIS, Dean Stockwell had become the new SecNav over on JAG.  Alan Dale was the first NCIS director; then Jenny and now Vance.

yes, sorry - I meant she worked for SecNav's office as a JAG commander. She was always doing the SecNav's bidding.

yes, sorry - I meant she worked for SecNav's office as a JAG commander. She was always doing the SecNav's bidding.

Actually, the SecNav was/is the 'boss' if you will of all JAG attorneys.  If you ever watched JAG, Paul Collins was the SecNav, and he was always telling Admiral Chegwidden what his lawyers (Harm, Mac, Bud, etc.) had to do. So Faith didn't specifically work to do his (SecNav's) bidding, but she is answerable to him, as well.

Well, that's what I learned by watching JAG, of which this show is a spin-off of, sort of.

She was the minion they sent to arrest the medal of honor winner for a fifty year old murder with no evidence and no psychiatric exam, because the obvious answer when an old man who's just lost his wife starts telling a story that makes no sense is that he's in his right mind and not at all confused. She also, I think, was the point woman in taking the navy cross away from the dead marine who was framed for killing his high school friend.

Poor Alicia Coppola. All the characters I've seen her play were kind of unpleasant. I guess it's work.

• Love 3

She was the minion they sent to arrest the medal of honor winner for a fifty year old murder with no evidence and no psychiatric exam, because the obvious answer when an old man who's just lost his wife starts telling a story that makes no sense is that he's in his right mind and not at all confused.

That might be my all time favorite NCIS episode and I got goosebumps just reading the above words.  Talk about guest stars, Charles Durning knocked it out of the park and then some. 

• Love 3

No, you're confusing the role of Director with SecNav, which is Secretary of the Navy. SecNav is played this season by Leslie Hope.  At the time Faith, Alicia Collins's character appeared on the first season of NCIS, Dean Stockwell had become the new SecNav over on JAG.  Alan Dale was the first NCIS director; then Jenny and now Vance.

You're right of course.. I had a senior moment about SecNav vs NCIS director. But I still don't remember Dean Stockwell being Sec Nav on NCIS. I've always loved the actor and it's odd that he would have had a role I don't remember. There was someone else who was sortof in that same vein as Alan Dale (Older, bald, a little paunchy) who was Sec Nav at some point, but I don't know the actor's name. He's a "HITG!".

Also, since someone brought him up upthread.. Chedwidden (or however it;s spelled) defending Gibbes against ForrestGumpJr. Now that was a fun guest stint. (Actually Colin Hanks isn't so bad either)

Yes, to the amazing episode with Charles Durning!

Edited by slothgirl

You're right of course.. I had a senior moment about SecNav vs NCIS director. But I still don't remember Dean Stockwell being Sec Nav on NCIS.

No Stockwell never appeared on NCIS, but JAG and this show are in the same universe, so he was the SecNav offscreen until they cast someone else, played by Jude Cicocella(sp?) and then after he resigned, that smarmy dude who got killed off last season, before Leslie Hope took over.

The talk about Pacci in the current episode thread made me think of another character who made a CGI appearance in it, Mike Franks.  I loved, loved, loved him, mostly because of Muse Watson, but was never quite sure if he was a good or a bad guy.  What did you guys think?

I have just noticed it has been 14 years and  Patrick Labyorteaux is now Captain Bud Roberts  from JAG shows up. Since Petty Officer Coates wasn't  Coates but Special Agent Brody on New Orleans I think this is the only the second appearance following John M. Jackson's Admiral Chegwidden (retired) from the grandmothership JAG since the backdoor pilots of Navy NCIS

10 hours ago, laredhead said:

Showing my ignorance here, but were the characters Bud, Mack and Harm from JAG?e  I never watched JAG so I'm in the dark about the reference to them tonight.

Mac, Colonel Sarah MacKenzie USMC and Harm, or Captain Harmon Rabb USN  Were the two main lawyers from the second season of JAG through the end of the show. Bud, Captain Roberts was a young lawyer who lost a leg in Afghanistan and was effectively the McGee or probie of the JAG headquarters office. In the back door pilot Special Agents Gibbs suspected that Harm had murdered another JAG lawyer 

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1