Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E19: Crazy Love

• Start Topic

Upon realizing that Owen and Amelia have been seeing each other behind her back, Meredith comes down hard on her sister-in-law causing Amelia to rethink things. Meanwhile, Catherine springs into action when a man is brought into the hospital after his wife seeks revenge on his cheatings ways.

The new episode doesn't air until 9/8c, in Scandal's regular timeslot. They're airing the pilot first, for some reason. And by the way, they all look like babies. You don't notice the difference in 11 years until you see it right next to each other.

I almost loved this episode. I liked the frenetic cinematography and the rapid pace in which the director imbued the narrative. It seemed, as with several of these spring installments, like a return to form. I appreciated the lighter moments; the penis reattachment story is an obvious recycle, but I tried not to let that hamper my enjoyment of the way the story was constructed -- it was hilarious and unpredictable and unique. Surprisingly, I have enjoyed Catherine Avery's appearances this season (this episode included)... only took three (+) years to tolerate her overwhelming caricatured smugness. (I also think she's calmed down considerably.) And I was glad, for the first time ever, to see her reunite with Richard. I also liked that Amelia failed, she needs to be humbled. However, she and Owen are still a lifeless pair, and her preaching to Meredith was both antagonizing (our loyalty is to Cristina, not to Amelia; we support Meredith sticking up for her absent friend, not this unlikable inauthentic cartoon) and obviously foreboding (as illustrated by the cliffhanger).

• Love 1

I'm only halfway thru the second ep, but I have to say they did themselves NO favor by showing the pilot first.  This show does not even come close to living up to that standard.  And damn if I don't miss George and Cristina and Burke. And THAT Bailey.

Edited by Mama No Life
  • Love 14

Am I crazy, or are they contemplating an Alex/Maggie pairing??

You are not crazy -- they were definitely dropping some hints there. I suspect they will revisit later...

I didn't watch Grey's at the beginning so it was interesting to see both episodes side by side. As a physician myself, I went back to my internship and its horrors and highs. 

Am I crazy, or is Derek dying this season? Holy anvils, Batman! Four or five hints that life is just too good.

My prediction: if next week's plane crash brings Calzona back together even slightly, then Derek is dead as a dead rat. But is there is no Calzona action, then Derek lives.

I also predict that the plane crash HS nothing to do with missing Derek. Because it's too soon before the end of the season.

Edited by Erratic

I had that thought too.   There seemed to be a bit of something there.

However, she and Owen are still a lifeless pair, and her preaching to Meredith was both antagonizing (our loyalty is to Cristina, not to Amelia; we support Meredith sticking up for her absent friend, not this unlikable inauthentic cartoon) and obviously foreboding (as illustrated by the cliffhanger).

I don't love Amelia and Owen together, but I agreed with Amelia for tell Meredith to STFU about it.  Owen is a grown man, he doesn't need protection.  And as much as I like Christina, Owen doesn't owe her anything.

• Love 8

I gotta say I am baaaaarely hanging on by a thread with this show and that may just be the thing to finally, finally do me in.

• Love 3

Amelia with her same smug, condescending, preachy crap to Meredith that she gave to Derek at the beginning of the season. Her character is such an emotional drag. And who is she preaching to? Meredith, the woman who had a crappy childhood with a mother who hated her, who watched her mother try to commit suicide, who almost drowned, who had a miscarriage, who watched her husband get shot and almost die, who watched her half sister die in a plane crash that damaged her best friend psychologically and her husband physically, who almost died giving birth to her son.

STFU, Amelia.

Absolutely adored the opening scenes. Eleven seasons, and Patrick and Ellen have phenomenal chemistry. Goodness, that little guy was a little MerDer concoction. I do care where Derek is, but I'm not all that worried. My guess is that

Derek missed his flight because he came upon the car accident and he's out in the wilderness somewhere, saving lives. If he does kick it, I'll be surprised, and then I'll be released from the hellhole that is the rest of this boring cast. Except I'll miss Meredith and Alex. Also, if he dies, I wonder if he "dies" in her mind as in Meredith has PTSD about him dying, only to have him walk through the door.

. His "Stay here. Don't move. Wait for me" was as sweet this time around as it was at the end of season 4.

I wonder why Alex and Jo have ten seconds worth of scenes together. It's really odd. Not a big fan of Jo, and in the I truly don't care pile: #WhereisJo?

Edited by LakeLover
  • Love 8

Gah! I like Maggie. Damn. Wasn't supposed to happen.

Love me some horny Derek. I would be worried with all the anvils but nevermind. Moving on. 

Enough with the speeches! Amelia, the guy wasn't the love of your life, he was the man who got you back into drugs. That ain't love, woman. And really, Meredith doesn't know what it's like to lose someone you love? Ok. Surely Derek and Amelia don't talk about Meredith that much but Amelia can pick up a bit of Meredith's multiple tragedies. 

Also, why is Meredith even remotely concerned where Owen puts his penis in? They're both grown ups. Who cares? And I hate Owen. 

I don't care much about Jo, but she should have something to do. 

A where is Derek hashtag? Really? Seems like they're predicting his death. 

Nah. Derek is probably on the roof of the Caesar's Palace, waiting for Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms & Zach Galifianakis to rescue him. 

I've been trolling that hashtag. It's so dumb. 

• Love 5

Never in my life have I seen such obvious foreboding.  After the goodbye scene, I fast forwarded straight to the end.  I was assuming Meredith would get a call about Derek's death.  Good to see he's not necessarily dead.  I guess I'll go back and actually watch the episode.

• Useful 1

Gah, please tell me they're not going to repeat the "Where's Derek?" trilogy again.  One episode after the last one ended and Meredith gets another phone call at the end of an episode causing her to freak out about Derek?

Speaking of repeats, oh how I love this show making light of violent male genital mutilation.  At least the guy in the second episode ever was an evil piece of shit, but this guy was just a poor fool who got it twice.

I don't know what the deal was with Alex and Maggie, but I find it hard to believe that he'd ditch Jo not long after he vowed to marry her.  The only way I could see it is if Camilla wants to leave.  Meredith would probably freak if Alex went for another one of her sisters.

Edited by Starscream
  • Love 2
I don't know what the deal was with Alex and Maggie, but I find it hard to believe that he'd ditch Jo not long after he vowed to marry her.  The only way I could see it is if Camilla wants to leave.

I agree, But, this is Greys so there will need to be a contrived love triangle next season so who knows. LOL, then Meredith can yell at Alex about being with Maggie. If its not being set up for that then I guess Alex is going to be stuck being the person for both of them.

why is Meredith even remotely concerned where Owen puts his penis in? They're both grown ups. Who cares? And I hate Owen.

She did it with Alex/Lexie (twice), Mark/Lexie and now Owen/Amelia.  I think others too. She sticks her nose in everyone's lives with her usual nastiness. 

I agreed with Amelia for tell Meredith to STFU about it.  Owen is a grown man, he doesn't need protection.

Agree. And didn't Meredith dislike Owen most of the time? 

Amelia - please move out.  No need to stick around and be bitched at and judged. So tired of adults all living together. These people all make plenty of $$$ to live alone.

Am I crazy, or is Derek dying this season?

Who knows but I doubt it. They certainly are going all out to make it seem that way. Maybe he'll just be in a coma until the end of season 12, lol. The fact that they are trying so hard to make it seem one way makes me think that someone else will die instead. You know, create the Big! Shocking! Moment!

I liked the frenetic cinematography and the rapid pace in which the director imbued the narrative.

I liked it too. Paul McCrane (Dr. Romano from ER!) directed the episode.

I've been trolling that hashtag. It's so dumb.

You'd think they would notice that PD has been tweeting pictures of himself filming for a week or more now before promoting that hashtag. Not really possible to promote that he's missing after that. 

Edited by windsprints
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Speaking of repeats, oh how I love this show making light of violent male genital mutilation.  At least the guy in the second episode ever was an evil piece of shit, but this guy was just a poor fool who got it twice.

I think this was a "ripped from the headlines" thing. Woman Cuts Off Husband's Penis Twice, Then Throws It Out the Window  It happened just this past January, and was due to infidelity like in the episode.

I liked it too. Paul McCrane (Dr. Romano from ER!) directed the episode.

I wonder if this show will pull a Romano

and have the plane crash on top of Derek after he was seriously injured by one not long ago.

• Like 1

I enjoyed that brief moment of affection between Catherine and April.  It reminds me that they were friends before April married Jackson, and before Catherine harassed her about post-nuptials, and how they'll raise their child to feel about abortion.  I think Jackson once compared his mother to Ellis, but I just don't see it. Catherine may be overbearing and difficult to please, but she's loving and supportive - two things that Ellis was incapable of.

I snickered at all the "phallus" talk.  It was like reading an old-school historical romance.

They're airing the pilot first, for some reason. And by the way, they all look like babies. You don't notice the difference in 11 years until you see it right next to each other.

The differences were jarring.  I was most shocked in the change in Ellen.  The saying goes - at a certain age, you choose your face or your ass.  Ellen has chosen her ass.

I think Alex was just being sweet, like he can sometimes be.  And since a lot of his sweet moments have been with Meredith, it seemed non-romantic, and like he's accepting Maggie into their little group.

• Love 2

[snip] (our loyalty is to Cristina, not to Amelia; we support Meredith sticking up for her absent friend, not this unlikable inauthentic cartoon) [snip]

I liked Cristina, but she's gone. It's not either/or, there's no triangle. If Owen gets with Amelia, it has nothing to do with Cristina, and it sure as heck has nothing to do with Meredith.

Gah! I like Maggie. Damn. Wasn't supposed to happen. 

Haha!  I know!  I've really started to like her since they stopped shoving the Ellis connection at every turn.  I empathize with her social awkwardness.  And surprisingly, I wasn't bothered by the obvious chem testing with Alex (but I've never cared about Jolex either way).  I think I could ship them, as long as it happens very slowly.

I enjoyed that brief moment of affection between Catherine and April.  It reminds me that they were friends before April married Jackson, and before Catherine harassed her about post-nuptials, and how they'll raise their child to feel about abortion.  I think Jackson once compared his mother to Ellis, but I just don't see it. Catherine may be overbearing and difficult to please, but she's loving and supportive - two things that Ellis was incapable of.

I loved this, too, along with the other April moments.  Catherine is at turns awesome and obnoxious, but Debbie Allen is so great in this role.

• Love 2

Even though I'm sure it won't stick for Amelia & Owen, when Amelia gave her little speech about mixing relationship crap up with work & how it screws up patient lives I cheered. I do realize that actually separating relationship angst from sloppy, grandstanding doctoring would pretty much kill all of Grey's storylines however. I need to stop watching this dren, but I can't seem to. Ugh.

• Love 2

I don't follow spoilers so this is all wild, hilarious speculation but I think Derek

has been kidnapped by the woman he didn't actually have an affair with and is currently tied to a chair in a basement in D.C.  She had crazy eyes. They never said he didn't make the plane, right? Just that he didn't make the meeting?

I'm also half expecting a

surprise Callie/Owen hookup, like in the alternate universe episode where they were married. They introduced the cop in the last episode and got rid of him offscreen in this episode just to remind people that she's bisexual.

Edited by withbellson
I don't know why Meredith would warn her sister-in-law about the crazy that is Owen.

When did she do that?  She was putting Amelia down by grilling her about her intentions towards Owen. She should mother the kids she has instead of acting like she's Owen's mother.

It works out well for the Shepherd tots when their parents want sex. They get to be in their house instead of 24 hour daycare and even get breakfast. Well Bailey does. Meredith calling to Zola to hurry up or she wouldn't have time to eat like Zola was 12 was rich. Zola, at age 4ish, has certainly become independent if she's able to dress herself, brush her teeth, comb her hair, put on her shoes and such all by herself. 

Stephanie gets more screentime this season than Richard, Bailey, Owen, Alex, Jo and Jackson combined yet she still has no real story and bores me.

I think Alex was just being nice to Maggie because she was all twitchy. Its just an extension of the annoying being Meredith's person because Maggie is her sister.

At this point the White House must be thinking Derek is a complete flake. He doesn't want the job, then he does, he's moving there, then he's not, then he does, then he runs out and quits and now he doesn't show. 

Agree with everybody posting that they're trying so hard to make it seem like Derek is dead so he won't be.

I wonder if this show will pull a Romano

Catherine's helicopter will take someone out ha ha.

Edited by maasa
  • Love 2

I gotta say I am baaaaarely hanging on by a thread with this show and that may just be the thing to finally, finally do me in.

Ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-arely.  Is this TV nostalgia or is this show unrecognizable?  I mean, even its low seasons didn't require me to suspend every single critical and aesthetic faculty.  The season isn't even enjoyable.  I watch this show with the dryer on and it feels like work to make it through the 42 minutes.  Every character is boring and nothing is at stake.  Also, chasing a detached penis around a bathroom does not make a notable urology candidate.  The show feels emptier than usual, like nobody is home. I don't think it can survive the cast shift without a serious overhaul.  Bad.  Very Bad.  Unusually Bad.

• Love 5

I also read two of Alex and Maggie's scenes as absolutely planting seeds of a love triangle - it was debatable in the OR scene, but the directing and editing at the end, when he glances past Jo and lingers on Maggie leaving with Cute Radiologist, was intentional. I'm liking Maggie, and loving the poor man's MAGIC scenes with her as part of the reconstituted group, and am all for any storylines for Alex, so it's fine by me. I like him with Jo, but some drama = screen time for Alex, and I like him with either of them. As long as wherever they're going is done slowly, since he's come too far to throw out a serious relationship with a girl who's good to him and who he wants marry.

Derek's mysterious whereabouts better not have anything to do with that RA. I did like that Meredith was rational about the call and didn't get paranoid, despite her seeming not entirely comfortable with his leaving again.

Loved the unspoken part of the scene with April and Catherine on the roof. And then moving on with "it was only in the stockpot for two minutes." Also loved how April handled Webber (who I'll always want to call "the chief"). Don't really care either way about his reunion with Catherine this time - she pissed me off using him at the hospital her last episode, but I like the additional plotlines and interactions it opens for Webber. (A daughter *and* a stepson and step-DIL at work!)

I've been completely forgetting about Arizona's leg this season, so I was more feeling the awkwardness of "cheated on Callie" during the cheating/cutting it off discussion in the gallery. Liked how they wrote and played those sore spots between Callie and Arizona - some digs, but no theatrics or drama.

I was actually wondering if Stephanie might be headed for a specialty in plastics, with Jackson, not urology. (Glad they left it at the actress (probably) not having her exit presented.) Loved the way she explained that at the end, and enjoy her friendship with Jo.

Still not caring about Amelia and Owen. Thought Mer was a bit out of line, but she was also pretty chill about dropping it when Amelia, uh, asked her to.

I really liked how Callie handled the spinal surgery with Amelia - I would have liked if they'd presented the girl and her parents with both options and the trade-offs, but Callie could have been (justifiably) pissed about being right afterwards and didn't have a need to be on a high horse about it - she was kind and practical to her coworker. (And really, the chief of surgery cast the deciding vote, so it's kind of not even on Amelia anyway. Even beyond some things just going wrong sometimes once you're in there.) But man - how traumatic for the girl and her parents. It would have been so much better to present them with both options and the risks and benefits. (As a patient, it's certainly what I'd want, and we've seen Callie do so with patients before.)

I didn't get to see this ep until 12:30 am, thanks to my local ABC station not showing it so that they could yammer on ad nauseum about tornadoes in Illinois.  And I and the TV station are in Wisconsin, where there were no tornadoes!  Anyway, I don't feel like I missed out by having to wait to see it.

The Good:

-Horny, flirty Derek!

-The directing.  Romano was my favorite ER character.  I've always thought that Paul McCrane is a great actor and director.

-Amy screwing up, although I feel bad for the patient.  But Amy really needed to eat some humble pie, so I enjoyed that.

The Bad:

-The penis storyline.  I know that the medical cases are based on real-life cases, but it seems that this season they've gone more and more for the outlandish ones for drama and shock value.  In what reality would one hospital get so many unusual cases?  There are better ways to create drama.

The rest was just meh because I'm just not invested in the show anymore.

#WhereIsDerek ?  Maybe he's at a cheap motel by the airport, jumping on a bed in his underwear.  IMHO, that would be more fun to watch than 99% of this craptastic season!

• Love 5

Best moment of the entire episode was Baby Bailey putting his face on the high chair tray and eating without his hands.

#WhereIsDerek ?  Maybe he's at a cheap motel by the airport, jumping on a bed in his underwear.  IMHO, that would be more fun to watch than 99% of this craptastic season!

I would definitely tune in to watch that. I am picturing him dressed Risky Business style wearing a button down shirt and underwear jumping up and down on the bed while holding a bottle of champagne in one hand.

• Love 8
Every character is boring and nothing is at stake.

This sums up both the episode and the season for me. Its just all around dull with a few decent-to-good scenes sparsely speckled throughout.

Best moment of the entire episode was Baby Bailey putting his face on the high chair tray and eating without his hands

That was very cute. When a scene like that is the highlight on Greys though, that speaks volumes.

Stephanie gets more screentime this season than Richard, Bailey, Owen, Alex, Jo and Jackson combined yet she still has no real story and bores me.

I'm neutral on Stephanie and not against newer characters getting storylines but I want something even a little interesting. I can generally enjoy a storyline for any character if its something that draws me in. Stephanie running around with a penis did not. #Hashtags where we're 99% sure of the endings do not. Maybe next season the episode names will all be #OMGEpisode1

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 5

I liked Alex with Jo. I like Maggie as well but not as the third wheel to an unnecessary love triangle.

Besides the fact that Alex has twice gone down the road of "good girl tames bad boy" with Izzie and Lexie, I just don't think that there would be time to set up and resolve any kind of triangle or "true love switcheroo." Justin Chambers mentioned in an interview over the summer that he didn't think he would stay after the 12th season, and I can't imagine that this season would change his mind. Please god, don't let him change his mind, my sanity is banking on him leaving!

Not to mention the fact that the few times we have seen Alex and Jo together they have been happy and stable. I am not sure how you go from him wanting to marry Jo and no angst whatsoever to him pining for Goody Two Shoes Maggie but this is Greys so who the hell knows. I just know that I have less than no desire to see it.

• Love 2

Showing the pilot before the episode made me think this is the last episode for Derek. Kind of how they showed Cristina's/Burke's non-wedding right before they brought him back. Along with the way he was just so, so over the top sweet before leaving and all "I'll be right back," I wouldn't be surprised if they kill him off. At this point, I wouldn't really care either.  

I hate everyone except maybe Alex.  

Showing the pilot before the episode made me think this is the last episode for Derek. Kind of how they showed Cristina's/Burke's non-wedding right before they brought him back. Along with the way he was just so, so over the top sweet before leaving and all "I'll be right back," I wouldn't be surprised if they kill him off. At this point, I wouldn't really care either.  

I hate everyone except maybe Alex.  

Agreed, this show is so terrible that the death of a lead won't even register.

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 3

I liked Alex with Jo. I like Maggie as well but not as the third wheel to an unnecessary love triangle.

Same here. I don't really see them going there even though Alex and Jo have had almost nothing as a couple this season. Alex has spent the entire season either getting 20 seconds of airtime or giving a variation of the "You rock" speech to Meredith, Arizona, Bailey and now Maggie.

Watching this episode after the pilot highlighted just how unbalanced this show has become. Women have always been the focus, but male characters like Burke, George, and Derek had storylines and point of views. Richard was the Chief. Alex has always been underutilized, but he used to have cases of his own and Alex/Jo was fairly balanced. The last couple seasons Avery had the board stuff and Avery/April was fairly balanced. Now Alex is just there to listen to various female characters. Avery is kind of just there. Derek has become a hashtag. I don't even know what to say about Owen.

• Love 4

This is so stupid. If you never watched Private Practice, you'd think this waxing nogstalia about this great dead love, was akin to like. Meredith and Derek. or something, and that he was shot in front of her like her daddy was and that's why Amelia turned to drugs again because she couldn't cope, etc. etc. etc. Instead of, this is the guy who got her hooked up on drugs, they got high together, got engaged while high together, then he died of an overdose. That, m'dear is not "true love." that is pathetically sad. I remember it.  (regrettably). I saw every moment of it. (regrettably). It wasn't true love. it was some damned high. 

And at that moment had I been Meredith, I would have been, well, I did. I saw my husband get shot by a deranged man  who blamed him for his death, and i thought he had died, and i mourned for him like he did, and I lost our baby. So yeah, boo. shut the eff up. (I can't handle the whole "you can't judge me, you don't know me" speech)

"I brought the thunder! I'm sorry!" (heeh). I don't know when I started liking Maggie, but I did. well it's not magic, but we' ve got a MAMC... AMMC? (Calle's fitting there v. nicely as well)

i liked Catherine's little face grab on April

Bailey was cute. 

(sigh) I wish i could quit you, show. 

• Love 8

God, what a waste of an episode!  The only decent moments were: Alex telling Maggie to go away while she was bugging him during surgery, April & Mama Avery having a sweet, sad moment on the roof, and Ben mediating between Callie and Amelia during the spinal surgery.  And I know this makes me a bad person, but I was soooooooo happy that Callie turned out to be right about that one.  Plus, does anyone on the entire planet care what specialty Edwards picks?  Seriously, we wasted half the episode on that crap.

Running the very first Grey's episode before this one was a mistake.  It only highlighted how far this show has fallen, and I never thought that first ep was all that great to begin with.

Oh dear god, no!!!!  I'm no fan of Jo, but still.  I'm hoping the look Alex gave Maggie as she was leaving with the radiologist was approval in a friend/big brother kind of way, not a harbinger of something else.

• Love 1
I would definitely tune in to watch that. I am picturing him dressed Risky Business style wearing a button down shirt and underwear jumping up and down on the bed while holding a bottle of champagne in one hand.

You are my hero. I would pay serious money for this.

I have other theories #WhereIsDerek:

• He's at Coachella.
  • Making emergency buys of hair product. 
  • Maybe getting the Constitution back from Nicolas Cage because he can't do shit right.
  • Joining The Avengers.

The possibilites are endless! 

With Paul McCrane directing, I got worried when that helicopter showed up on the roof. Poor Romano.

This has to happen at some point, right? Yeah, we got a helicopter falling down but someone has to suffer a Romano related incident. This show is so uncreative, I expect every ER SL to make an appearance at some point. 

Instead of, this is the guy who got her hooked up on drugs, they got high together, got engaged while high together, then he died of an overdose.

You know what's also a terrible part? When she got the intervention and Addison saw she had given junkie boyfriend her father's watch, it was still somewhat about her father. Why does this show doesn't keep it that way? To make sure that they don't also have to write daddy issues for Derek? It makes more sense than to have junkie boyfriend dying. Or hell, use the "my baby lived for 43 minutes" SL. It'd still be more tragic than the dude's death. Amelia has had her fair number of tragedies that could have been better suited for that conversation but no. 

• Love 4

Speechifying aside, I think Amelia had every right to tell Meredith to STFU. Christina's gone, Owen's a grown man. It's not her place to express an opinion about it.

As for whether Amelia's dead lover was "true love" or not - I didn't watch Private Practice (the first episode turned me off) -  but I don't think true love and being junkies together are mutually exclusive, whether or not he started her up on drugs again. Damaged people can love each other - and be each other's true love - even if they are bad for each other. (like, say, Owen and Christina)

What position does Richard hold these days? I'm under the impression that he's "just" another surgeon - and that he wouldn't have had any authority to tell April not to call Mama Avery. I loved April standing her ground, and that loving moment with Mama Avery and then back to business.

I thought Alex had a look of brotherly pride when he looked at Maggie with the xray guy. I didn't get the triangle vibe at all.

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 3

If they put Alex together with Maggie, and bring back Alejandro for Callie's character then I may be fully on board with this show again and forget how annoyed I am that Stephanie is not being used to may satisfaction.

My goodness Alex and Izzie 2.0 is just not interesting at all nor does Maggie and this new guy do anything for me.

Watched the first episode and yes, they did themselves no favors, oh, I miss Cristina and just the whole vibe of the show. It was great to remember a time when I liked watching all of the characters on this show.

While I understood Alex trying to make Maggie feel better about the failed date, I didn't like him just blowing smoke up her ass.  She herself admitted that she acted horribly self-centered on the date, and Alex insinuates that something is wrong with the guy for not appreciating her going on and on about herself?  To me, a good friend would have suggested explaining to x-ray guy what was going on in her mind on the date--that, basically, she was nervous as hell.  I'm glad that's what she did. 

Amelia and Owen can die in a plane crash. Together or separately, I don't care.

They can take the anvils with them, if they can move that many.

The only real thing I got out of the episode...SaRa was looking hot!

• Love 5

I know Amelia's little speech at the end was basically to tell Meredith to back up out of her love life, but who is Amelia to say that Meredith has never cried over a dead (or almost dead) loved one before? Like, Meredith witnessed Derek get shot! And Meredith was there when her sister was crushed by a plane.
Amelia has tendency to be too much. And I just didn't appreciate how she came at Meredith like that even though, yes, I agree that Meredith needs to keep to her own business. But to accuse Meredith of all people that she hasn't experienced that level of heartache is the most ridiculous thing I've heard on this show in a long long time.

Callie is pretty great surgeon and it's frustrating how her peers are constantly knocking her. If anything has been consistent throughout the series, it's been that. I'm glad her approach turned out to be the right one, if anything to shut all the "Gods" up.

OK, so everyone knows that PD has asked for time off, but why do we need all the "where's Derek?" drama? There are easier ways to have him not be in every episode. Stayed home with the kids, doing a very special brain surgery in Africa, anything but the drama of is he cheating, is he dead. I have loved these two from the beginning, and Mer with out Derek is like jelly without peanut butter. It just doesn't work for me. I can't believe they can't find a solution for what is likely the last season anyway without breaking Mer and Der up or killing him off. Seriously show?

• Love 2