Type keyword(s) to search

Convergence

starri
  • Start Topic

I'm not even sure that I care about the main event, I was just more desperate for pre-Flashpoint characters that haven't been seen in years (many years, in the case of Wally and Donna) than I even realized.  Montoya Question!  Stephanie Batgirl!  Oracle!

Naturally, the minis are all $3.99 because of course they are.

I peeked at the first few issues of the main title. Not really worth writing home about, IMO. I did pick up the Nightwing/Oracle issue because I'll read darn near anything Gail Simone writes. She does a good job with the relationship and the "Flashpoint" versions of Hawkman and Hawkwoman, who come off as assholes. Also, I'm not sure that Kingdom Come characters should be used . . . it feel sacrilegious.

I was so excited for this and it's just not very good. I don't think they needed to tie them all together with the city vs. city stuff.  I've been reading DC Comics since pre-Crisis was the actual universe so I have been through all these reboots. Just some fresh stories with these old characters in their ORIGINAL universe would have been awesome.

• Love 1

Apparently, DC Comics is launching previews of their post-Convergence books in this month's issues. They seem intriguing, but I think this one is full of crap because it means the end of one of my favorite characters. Spoilers abound . . . I hate that TPTB would pull this off without some sort of escape plan.

I got Nightwing/Oracle #2 . . . .good issue. Dick and Babs needed a little help in fighting Hawkman and Hawkwoman from Fiashpoint, but I didn't see it as cheap.

Apparently, DC Comics is launching previews of their post-Convergence books in this month's issues. They seem intriguing, but I think this one is full of crap because it means the end of one of my favorite characters. Spoilers abound . . . I hate that TPTB would pull this off without some sort of escape plan.

It's ironic isn't it that

the character used to create the idea of "fridging" in comics is arguably falling to the same fate (as much as it can apply to a male character--which it can since the concept at its heart is about senselessly sacrificing a character to jump start another character's story--although the true problem with the original version of fridging was driven more by gender politics and how messy they were in comics back then)