Type keyword(s) to search

Jericho - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This is the Black Jack Map:

http://www.drlverse.com/images/Autoduel/AD-map-JerichoUS.jpg

This is the map Jake sees at Black Jack Fairgrounds, which has turned into a sort of Bartertown.. (The name Black Jack was used in the show as a reference to the first battle of the Civil War in Kansas).

The map shows the Capitol of the US...in five different places!

The country has divided up into 5 regions led by 5 "Presidents" some former senators, but not all!

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/jericho/images/2/27/Map_of_attacks.png/revision/latest?cb=20101022042501

This second map shows where the nuclear attacks hit, and where the attacks failed.

Hey I can see my house from up here!

(edited)

I see him as an important character in TV history.  An unapologetically badass African-American character (note: African-American character, not actor--since the actor is British), but without being portrayed like some jive-talking stereotype.  Not precisely the lead of a show, but at the very least second billed.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

Here's a place to honor Stanley's little sister.

Mimi (boiling medical supplies) : We need some bleach.

Bonnie: What?

Mimi: Bleach. You know? Bleach bleach bleach! Read my lips! Bleach!

Bonnie grabs Mimi's hand and does sign language

Bonnie: Learn!

Mimi: Is that the sign for bleach?

Bonnie: No, for BITCH. And PLEASE. And THANK YOU.

• LOL 1

A useful household tip for the apocalypse:

In The Straight Dope, Cecil Adams noted that propylene glycol alginate, used in your salad dressings and ice cream and candy, has been shown to block the absorption of strontium-90, which is the dangerous component of nuclear fallout.

Now we have a good excuse for stocking up.

• Love 1

Fear of the unknown and the loss of power and communication make the citizens of Jericho fall into mental, physical, and civic breakdown.

When school children are endangered, it is the black sheep son of  Mayor Green who steps up as many others reveal their worst natures.

First impression of the teacher - useless. Broken leg renders her incapable of, well, anything. Jake comes in and does a tracheotomy, with a busted leg AND a head wound. I haven't placed where else I've seen her (Prison Break, maybe?).

Hawkins so bad-ass

Google Earth View watches him

So does Dick Cheney

There was a young farmer named Stan

A tax collector wanted his land

The agent was Mimi

Chasing hens made her screamy

But the IRS might catch a man

Syfy network had bought the rights to run Jericho in re-runs; do they still hold the rights?

If the show could be re-run on a major network it would help to get a lot more people asking for a revival.

It would not have to be in the same place, it would be interesting to know the story happening in the same time elsewhere, and interweave it with some of the principal characters.

I think this show did more world-building than other shows. We got a taste of the separate nation started in Texas, of other countries sending aid to the United States, of other agents involved and the organization Ravenwood. There are quite a few new directions that could be taken.

I forget who it is, the actor, there's a joke about how he dies in everything. Is that the case with Sprague Grayden? Numerous guest starring roles she's the patient that dies. Opie's wife, etc...

• Love 1
(edited)

I forget who it is, the actor, there's a joke about how he dies in everything. Is that the case with Sprague Grayden? Numerous guest starring roles she's the patient that dies. Opie's wife, etc...

I'm not spoiling!

It's fun to guess who dies, isn't it? Who where when how why lol.

No one in this story gets eaten by a velociraptor.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

I was wrong...not on Prison Break. I had her confused with Robin Tunney:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2449775104/nm0000677?ref_=nm_phs_md_6

We are zipping through the episodes. I may rewatch some on my own to catch more details, but I am loving Lennie James. He's freaking me out.

Robin Tunney looks exactly like her; this also explains why I kept seeing ads for the Mentalist and thinking it was Sprague Grayden.

Lennie James is one of those actors where everyone goes shh shh! He's back till another scene comes on and then you go where is Hawkins? When does Hawkins show up? Hurry!

I have an interview with him, done at the time of Jericho but I will put it on the LJ/JH topic.

• Love 2

Mandolin! How fast you are going! tee-hee now I have to hurry and put up more episode threads!

So...are you liking it so far?

(It starts with a basic premise that is cool enough for me at least; but then it builds layers upon layers.)

So, we know for sure Hawkins knew about it. Was he part of it, or was he just aware it was going to happen?

What do you think?  :-P

We haven't had much else to watch lately! I recorded a couple other things last night so maybe I'll slow down. ;)

Hmm. I will speculate that Hawkins (we just call him Morgan while we watch) knew it was coming but was not behind it. We shall see!

He also scared me when he warned his daughter not to disobey him again!

My husband haaaates the teen girl!

• Love 1

You don't have to slow down! Like a lot of shows, it's better to get a handle on things by seeing episodes in a row and you put things together better.

Hawkins family is well-written, very interesting.  Aside from the daughter does your husband like the show?

Speaking of love hate and everything in between: what do you think of Mimi? Eric? Dale?

Are you Team Emily or Team Heather lol?

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, he seems to, so far. He hasn't figured it all out yet, which is a plus. Heh. Oh, and I didn't mean he hated the Hawkins girl, but the girl that had the house party (eta: Skylar) and was mean to the guy from Continuum. 

I do need to go back and watch again for all those names! Eek.

I, so far, find the relationship between Dale (! I just imdb'd him, and he is the one from Continuum) and the older grocery store lady kind of weird.

Oh, and Eric. Maybe the "good son" but I do not love the affair stuff!

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 1

OK, kikismom got me looking for this show, and yay for Netflix! Having a show that starts at genesis of apocalypse (vs our action picking up a few months/years in, a la Walking Dead or on the more ridiculous Last Man on Earth) is a different kind of disturbing.

I am not sure how I'm going to do with Skeet Ulrich. For some reason he just skeeves me. 

• Love 2

I'm now two episodes into my Jericho binge, and wishing I wasn't working (ineffectively, I might add) (and in my own studio, not at my W-2 job, just in case anyone is checking) so I could watch more directly. 

There are so many characters, it is tough to keep them all straight. I imagine they will thin dramatically - I'm guessing not all shelters make it. 

The end, when Lennie James just kept dipping into the drawer of thumbtacks, that just killed me. Watching his hand slide down over LA before settling on San Diego - it was like all of my LA friends were just (briefly) spared. And then when the hand kept going back but we didn't see where he was pinning them, I got so sad. Seriously, Lennie James officially and literally has more acting ability in his right hand than most on tv. 

• Love 1

I'm forcing myself to stop for the night, but I'm hooked! 

Lennie James's character is the most interesting to me right now. (A) I'm coming to this as a TWD season break binge (not that it will last long into the hiatus); (B) I am having fun coming up with scenarios for what his big secret is.

Right now my guess is that his wife is the mole!

• Love 2

Yes, he seems to, so far. He hasn't figured it all out yet, which is a plus. Heh. Oh, and I didn't mean he hated the Hawkins girl, but the girl that had the house party (eta: Skylar) and was mean to the guy from Continuum. 

I, so far, find the relationship between Dale (! I just imdb'd him, and he is the one from Continuum) and the older grocery store lady kind of weird.

Oh, and Eric. Maybe the "good son" but I do not love the affair stuff!

I want to slap Eric.

I want to slap Skylar.

The Dale/Grocery Lady--Grace--arc gets better and better! mwuahahaha!

• Love 1
(edited)

Here is your character list and the actors who play them.

Notice that this show manages to have many characters and serve them all quite well with their own story arcs, backstories/characterization.

this is a list that includes number of episodes each is in so it could spoil by telling how long someone is in the show. DO NOT OPEN IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!!

I'm forcing myself to stop for the night, but I'm hooked! 

Lennie James's character is the most interesting to me right now. (A) I'm coming to this as a TWD season break binge (not that it will last long into the hiatus); (B) I am having fun coming up with scenarios for what his big secret is.

Right now my guess is that his wife is the mole!

I had this idea that it would keep us busy and we could watch one episode a week.

Then I realized no one will wait 7 days to watch the next ep!

It is addictive!

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2

YES! This is for all the people who don't know of him and keep asking What's the big deal about this guy? Why is everybody screaming like he's a rock star?

He's better than a rock star.

The end, when Lennie James just kept dipping into the drawer of thumbtacks, that just killed me. Watching his hand slide down over LA before settling on San Diego - it was like all of my LA friends were just (briefly) spared. And then when the hand kept going back but we didn't see where he was pinning them, I got so sad. Seriously, Lennie James officially and literally has more acting ability in his right hand than most on tv. 

You said it, Lennie James does something where he doesn't even make a facial expression yet something is happening and you feel it!

I love the push-pin scene; who knew push pins and a few fingers could create so much tension!

[...] I had this idea that it would keep us busy and we could watch one episode a week.

[...]

Ha! So funny. Because I have willpower like that. [/sarcasm]

I am afraid to click on the link for the same reason I didn't want to go check imdb - since I haven't seen the show, is that list early-season 1 spoiler free? Or pretty much like imdb, where I will end up seeing how many episodes each person was on, or a big STATUS update like

"DALE McGROCERY-ORPAHN Teenage part-time employee at grocery mart and part -time train bandit. Virgin. CURRENT STATUS: Presumed Dead in the Great Velociraptor Attack 2 months after the blasts"

• Love 1
(edited)

Ha! So funny. Because I have willpower like that. [/sarcasm]

I am afraid to click on the link for the same reason I didn't want to go check imdb - since I haven't seen the show, is that list early-season 1 spoiler free? Or pretty much like imdb, where I will end up seeing how many episodes each person was on, or a big STATUS update like

"DALE McGROCERY-ORPAHN Teenage part-time employee at grocery mart and part -time train bandit. Virgin. CURRENT STATUS: Presumed Dead in the Great Velociraptor Attack 2 months after the blasts"

Oh dear. It does list # of episodes!--Thanks, I think I'll spoiler tag it.

Edited by kikismom

do you want to spoiler tag description of Dale as

part-time train bandit? lol

Wasn't that this episode?! I think it had to be. I do sometimes sleep-watch TV, but I'm pretty sure I stopped at this one

But I'm thinking I could go all Nostradamous. Write out a whooole lot of speculative, vague predictions so I will be sure to get some right. 

Not that that would have worked with Lost

• Love 1