Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: We'll Be Right Back

• Start Topic

OMG that is hilarious! Beardy gets around hee.

We live in an apartment. Well, guess what happened yesterday? It was "the neighbors" as stated on the sassy note on our door, - "they" are "complaining" that I am feeding the birds and squirrels (and maybe one bunny who comes around at night.) I think it was the new neighbors who just moved in bc I have been feeding animals since we moved here almost 4 yrs ago with NO PROBLEM. Anyway, fwiw, the new neighbors have 3 dogs! Two HUGE dogs look like pitbulls or something close. One huge female, one more huge male and at least one puppy. None on leashes  which was terrifying. The adult dogs are at least 100 pounds and look like small horses. The apt limit  35 lbs. and one dog.. And they take the dogs out to poo and pee RIGHT BY THE DOOR and of course leave it right where it falls and let it smell in the heat. Well, when I went to management to ask about my sassy note, they said ok go ahead and feed the animals bird seed and squirrel food, but no people food. I said to the manager "ok... and btw I need to tell you about the new neighbors.. ".Yeah I reported them. If I do not show up here to post you will know what happened to me. :)

• Love 9

Some little sweet squirrels come up on the window ledge to eat seeds and stuff. Well, sometimes there's a nut out there. I"ve seen one sit there on the ledge, as the other squirrels kind of look up longingly, but stay on the ground. The ledge squirrel has a leaf in front of his mouth in front of the peanut so no other squirel will see it and take it away from him? I mean I am inches from him with the window closed and he is not eating the leaf. He's using it to hide the nut. Btw I hope it is ok to feed them peanuts.   

Oh, and from what I saw from my window (I need a life) but I'm recovering from a foot thing. Anyway, I saw the neighbors horse dogs eating the food I put out for the other small animals so I'm guessing that is where the complaining came from? Plus, the dude finally got a leash for the giant male dog and the dog PULLS the man. He has to follow the dog. ALso, the horse dog chases the small animals and the human is just flailing behind... running...all out of balance.... trying to hold the leash and to no avail slow the dog down. So there's that. Thoughts? 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

That really sucks that you have to share your yard/sanctuary with loud, defecating dogs.  Maybe they will move?

Oh, to answer your question about peanuts; yes, they can eat all kinds of nuts.  We have 2 pecan trees, so they are in hog heaven.  I have also, with my own two eyes, seen a squirrel devouring a flat squirrel on the highway.  So...

But I still love them!

• Love 1

The squirrels around here have taught my cats how to cuss. Now I have to face *that* every month when it's time for the flea/heartworm goo.  They just cuss a blue streak at me for puttting that crap on them.  The squirrels just laugh.

Why do people get big dogs and then not take them to obedience training?

In my condo complex, we have an on-going problem with one owner who refuses to leash and pick up after her dog.  There are perpetual reminders in the newsletter about picking up dog poo - so now someone's discovered that somebody is picking up the dog poo, but disposing of it in the RECYCLING bins!  Some people should just NOT be owned by pets.

• Love 3

That really sucks that you have to share your yard/sanctuary with loud, defecating dogs.  Maybe they will move?

Oh, to answer your question about peanuts; yes, they can eat all kinds of nuts.  We have 2 pecan trees, so they are in hog heaven.  I have also, with my own two eyes, seen a squirrel devouring a flat squirrel on the highway.  So...

But I still love them!

The other day when the whole squirrel conversation started I found a Web page that said their favorite foods were peanuts, sunflower seeds and cracked corn, in that order. That might just have been the types of things you can find in pet supply stores to offer them because I'd definitely take pecans over peanuts if I were a fluffy-tailed tree rat.

ari333, those big dogs sound not just extremely nasty but like a tragedy in the making. Worst case could be a repeat of the Presa Canario dog mauling case where people who had 2 big powerful dogs they didn't know how to control were responsible for the death of a neighbor. Since they're clearly in violation of their rental agreement I hope management steps up and slings them out ASAP. In the meantime, try to stay as far away from the dogs as possible, and don't get cornered in any dead-end spaces by them. Seriously.

Edited by CoderLady
  • Love 4

The squirrels around here have taught my cats how to cuss. Now I have to face *that* every month when it's time for the flea/heartworm goo.  They just cuss a blue streak at me for puttting that crap on them.  The squirrels just laugh.

Why do people get big dogs and then not take them to obedience training?

In my condo complex, we have an on-going problem with one owner who refuses to leash and pick up after her dog.  There are perpetual reminders in the newsletter about picking up dog poo - so now someone's discovered that somebody is picking up the dog poo, but disposing of it in the RECYCLING bins!  Some people should just NOT be owned by pets.

GAH!!!

The other day when the whole squirrel conversation started I found a Web page that said their favorite foods were peanuts, sunflower seeds and cracked corn, in that order. That might just have been the types of things you can find in pet supply stores to offer them because I'd definitely take pecans over peanuts if I were a fluffy-tailed tree rat.

ari333, those big dogs sound not just extremely nasty but like a tragedy in the making. Worst case could be a repeat of the Presa Canario dog mauling case where people who had 2 big powerful dogs they didn't know how to control were responsible for the death of a neighbor. Since they're clearly in violation of their rental agreement I hope management steps up and slings them out ASAP. In the meantime, try to stay as far away from the dogs as possible, and don't get cornered in any dead-end spaces by them. Seriously.

Oh man, I'll never forget the Presa Canario dogs who killed their neighbor lady in the tiny hallway of her apartment building.  TERRIBLE horrible owners, didn't give a shit!  I agree, please don't get cornered by these dogs!

• Love 2

Oh dear God! We are sharing a tiny narrow hallway with these lease violators. OMG. I feel scared; but I felt scared anyway before I reported. but now the dude gave me the stink eye today when before he was all, "hey hello" etc.He knows it was me. However I did not see the huge male today, but maybe I missed his ppo and pee fest by the door.

Hey let me gush for a moment. You guys are so sweet and smart and interesting; and the input is so great and insightful and thoughtful and funny!!!! Hugs and mushy stuff!!

Edited by ari333
  • Love 5

Here's one....

I saw one little squirrel who was excited to find a peanut. He kind of ran around a bit and shook his head before he took off running away from the group another 5 feet. Then he held the nut in his mouth and pretended to bury it. This may not be a new story, but it is new to me and it was so CUTE!. He dug a little hole; he did the little pat down with his little hands... He knew other squirrels were watching so he pretended to bury it then went to another spot. Smart and cute.... and so very fluffy. 

Someone admonished me (not here) that peanuts are not really nuts. OK so? If they are not harmful to the squirrels and they enjoy them,  what's the problem? my wording? Should I say legume? I am so confused. I also give them sunflower seeds .....which seem to be squirrel crack heheh

I know squirrels don't generally eat meat, but when they are starving they will. I've heard a story from neighbors that they will eat cat food and tuna . One neighbor, a few buildings down, put out cat food for a stray cat and the squirrels got into it.

Edited by ari333

The cracked corn is new to me and IDK what it is exactly. But as mentioned, maybe a pet store would know  or have it for sale? What is cracked corn? I can google  it but I'd rather talk about it here., heh

My brother and I decided to hide eggs for the gaggle of cousins the night before Easter. The squirrels and/or chipmunks got into all of them. They were the plastic ones filled with candy. It's annoying and I've started hiding in the house. All the kids are old enough now to not believe in the Easter Bunny so they give me 15 minutes to hide and then go seek. Because even if one doesn't believe in the Easter Bunny doesn't mean that one does not get candy. Though, truth be told, they don't get much candy--usually it's a spring/summertime outdoor toy, like waterguns and swimming goggles. Some Cadbury Creme Eggs and a small chocolate rabbit and that's it.

And this talk of candy has made me realize Halloween is approaching. What was the one candy that you looked forward to getting? Hated getting? I loooove 100 Grand Bars and was always thrilled to get one. And I hated getting Raisinets because they're just...no. Raisins are fine. Raisins and chocolate? No. Also, don't go putting raisins in my carrot cake either. 

• Love 3

Our HOA forbids any wild animal feeding.  One of the neighbors took photographs of another neighbor feeding the geese.  My house got in trouble for having a bird feeder.  Before that crime bust, a few of the rabbits had gotten used to taking food out of my hand, too.  My cat misses his television show (Birds at the Feeder).

I can't be angry at the HOA, however, because we also have coyotes that roam through the neighborhood.  I wish I could at least put the bird feeder back up.

On the topic of people being unable to handle their dogs...  I just want to scream at the idiots who get dragged behind their dogs, which are at the end of like ten-foot leashes.  When I did have a dog, I kept that dog on a short leash, right by my side, during our walks.  I stayed in control of where she was going.  These morons with the extended leashes are almost always fucking with their phones.  They have no idea where the dog is or what it's doing; the dogs will abruptly stop somewhere, jolting the idiots out of their texting session.  A lot of the neighbors don't clean up the dog poop, either.  Hate them.

• Love 5

The cracked corn is new to me and IDK what it is exactly. But as mentioned, maybe a pet store would know  or have it for sale? What is cracked corn? I can google  it but I'd rather talk about it here., heh

It's dried corn kernels either stripped off the cob like birdseed or served on the cob, like Brattinella says. It should be in the same store section as the birdseed, I think.

I know squirrels don't generally eat meat, but when they are starving they will. I've heard a story from neighbors that they will eat cat food and tuna . One neighbor, a few buildings down, put out cat food for a stray cat and the squirrels got into it.

Who doesn't like tuna? I lived for a while next to people who had a flock of 8 chickens, different breeds and sizes. I had lots of bushes and dusty spots in my backyard so when it got hot midday they'd all come over and nap in the shade, occasionally giving themselves a good wallow in the dust.

They were also very friendly and curious. They started hanging around the porch when I'd come out to eat lunch, so to be sociable I'd share. They loved tuna! That and cottage cheese were their favorites. I also put out water for them so they wouldn't have to go all the way home for it on their short little chicken legs when the temperature got over 100 in the summer.

My cats learned not to mess with them because they were about the same size as the cats and they pecked. I just had to learn to not walk around barefoot in the backyard without watching what was underfoot, but it was worth it. I managed to teach one of the Barred Rocks to perch on my forearm like a parrot.

Small critters are fun. Feed 'em and they pay back in interesting ways.

Edited by CoderLady
  • Love 6

We get such a wonderful variety of critters in our back yard (fenced, btw) and the cats watch all day.  We have robins, sparrows, cardinals, blue jays, ring-necked doves, white-winged doves, mourning doves, starlings, grackles, bunnies, grey squirrels, and the occasional cat. Once we had a Wood Duck hang around for a day, and a Road Runner stopped by.  We have a large Great Horned Owl that sometimes takes a critter, and Mississippi Kites that also will take critters if they can.  Wish they didn't, but they have to live, too.

• Love 3

One of my former neighbors at my old apartment building(a converted hospital set on a lake)would feed the ducks that would congregate at the water's edge,and they eventually walked up the parking lot almost to the front steps, waiting for their cracked corn.

• Love 3

One thing I miss about my old condo is all the city "wildlife" in the woods behind it. There were at least two owls that talked to each other, raccoons, possums, beautiful birds, tons of squirrels and lots of neighborhood kitties. My cats enjoyed chittering through the windows at all the critters. We're on the second floor overlooking a parking lot now. :(

One of my former neighbors at my old apartment building(a converted hospital set on a lake)would feed the ducks that would congregate at the water's edge,and they eventually walked up the parking lot almost to the front steps, waiting for their cracked corn.

Was your neighbor's name Jimmy?
  • Love 8

I was out walking my dog when she was just a puppy and it was like our 2nd walk. We were walking down the sidewalk this little girl said "be careful of the big dog" but I didn't know what she meant and then a big rottie came running out of the yard and attacked my dog. The rottie was tied to a tree, but she was on a 20 foot lead!. I kept walking back pulling my dog trying to get away from the rottie. By the time I got away from it I was in the middle of the street. Then the woman said "oh, that was just the momma dog in her. She just wanted to flip her over and smell her belly." Fortunately my dog was not hurt, but she was very nervous about walking after that. People not controlling their dogs is a huge problem around here (Phoenix). In the evenings people just let their dogs loose and they are running around all over the place. I'm afraid to even take my dog out anymore. I've had too many close calls. 

• Love 2

ari333 - if the apartment manager doesn't address the situation, find out the name of the property management company, the owner of the property and the mortgage lender (the property owner and mortgage lender should all be public record).  Write to all three of them about the situation (cc the letter so they know the next in line knows too), if the apartment manager does not properly address the concern. 

Having worked for years in commercial real estate, the lender is going to care if there is a legitimate risk to the asset and a potential lawsuit situation that might compromise their security.  Certain dogs are not allowed under some property insurance guidelines and may invalidate their coverage.  The owner, pmc and lender will definitely care about this.  Request a written statement specifying that injuries or damaged as a result of another tenant's dogs will be covered by the propery's insurance.   I'd probably also write animal control because the dogs owners seem to not be handling their pets in a responsible manner.

Prior to working in real estate, I worked for a State finance licensing division handling consumer complaints.  A well written letter explaining the concern, specifying what you want to be done about it and saying you've tried to address the matter directly but to no avail can be very effective.

• Love 7

OK, it took my way longer than it should have to get that...:)

hee  *snort giggle*

I was going to say, in a sing-songy voice: "Jimmy crack corn.. and I dont care..." what the hell kind of attitude is that? [/stolen from some comedian] 

Ok here's one. I hope to heck I'm not boring the non squirrel people. If we need a whole separate thread I'm on board.

Anyhoo.... Here's one. This broke my heart a little bit. Ive been feeding the little wild animals 3 and a half or four years ish since we moved here (apts). And I put the food out at sunrise... give or take. Well, my bf said that beardy was getting dangerous... not to humans bc beardy is clearly afraid of all humans (thus far) even children or moreso scared of children bc they are loud... Anyway. he is a danger to other small animals. I felt guilty bc my food was drawing all the animals to this little yard area which is technically a common area. Today   I put NO food out until 2 pm. If I am not speaking too soon...well.. so far....  NO BEARDY! There are plenty of little juveniles... some nursing mommies... little docile male and female squirrels sitting around enjoying their food and sharing  and not being terrorized by beardy! Ok I wont hold my breath, but I'm giving it a try. :) I just want that little bastard gone. 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

FWIW, its never really the dogs, its the owners. And pitbulls in particular get a bad rap because they get beaten into being mean and agggressive. A good owner, who knows how to treat animals well, ie getting them to behave without hurting them, doesn't have those issues.

• Love 7

FWIW, its never really the dogs, its the owners. And pitbulls in particular get a bad rap because they get beaten into being mean and agggressive. A good owner, who knows how to treat animals well, ie getting them to behave without hurting them, doesn't have those issues.

I wouldn't say "never the dog" but I agree most of the time it is the owners.  I had a neighbor a few houses down that made me fearful of buying the house - young, stick thin gangbanger who was the scariest looking person I had ever seen plus he had  pitbulls.  Turned out he was an ex-gangbanger, the nicest guy in the world and took excellent care of those dogs.  But he also took extreme care never to let them out of his own backyard off leash.

• Love 1

Does Texas still require annual inspections? Because in California you only need to get your car smogged every two years.

Every year until your car is 25, then you don't have to do the emissions part, just the safety (that they don't care about anyway). If you get your car registered as an antique, you don't have to get it inspected at all, which is how I have the car in my profile picture set up. It's 50 years old.

When I was three my mom left me at her friend's home to babysit me. She also had a three yr  old...... and from my vivid memory they had a dog that had to be a pitbull, but of course I did not know the name. I REMEMBER THE DOG.  I know I was three bc we still lived in the apt we had before we moved to a  house. Anyway, the father let the dog chase me as I screamed and cried. He found it hilarious and laughed and laughed as I cried. My mother did not understand why I didn't want to go back there. I said, "the dog scares me". "Oh, honey he's on a leash.". "not when you leave."  The dog did not physically hurt me, but it terrified me and chased me etc. Maybe what hurt the most was the father laughing. IDK where the mom was. I recall that no one intervened so maybe she went out or something; or maybe saw the whole thing  and didnt' care or maybe did care but did not intervene for whatever reason.

Then when I was 9 I was walking with my brother two streets over. You could walk and play outside in the neighborhood in that day.  No leash laws then or if so, no one cared. Anyway, this huge german shepherd approached us. We panicked and it chased us home as I dragged my little brother beside me by the hand as the dog snapped and barked at us as we ran as fast as we could.. I told my dad and he was furious.

So I am terrified of dogs even the little foofoo purse size dogs which are adorbs to me.... from afar.. I don't like strange dogs approaching me or any dogs really or licking my feet, jumping on me,  or anything even if "he's only playing! He LIKES you!"  I don't care!!. I think I have a right to that feeling.. They are supposed to be on a leash so they should BE on the leash.... not the dog running loose and the leash in the hand.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

Here's one. I love cats and I love meat and I enjoy most people, so don't judge me heh.

I had just begun dating this dude and he invited me to go with him to some dinner invitation he had with some friends of  his friends at their home. This was in the day a woman would wear a sundress and pantyhose. We walked in the house, sat down, and the cat clawed my hose open. Now I'm sitting there with runs up and down. "Oh she LIKES YOU!!!"  That was all that was said by the hostess. After we arrived, the host went to the store to get more ice or whatever... (and that is part of the story later.) I finally said, "excuse me. Can you call your cat OFF MY LEG?" ThnxK? No "hey Im sorry about that..." or anything.... nothing....NOTHING>

Wait... that's not the story. So they give us beverages as we wait for the food on the grill. As we walk past the table which is fully set in the lovely formal dining room, plates, silver, whole place settings.... etc. we see that  the cat is walking all over the table ...over the plates....everything. OMG ! ackkk!

Then the host showed us the beautiful steaks on a huge platter and asked how we liked the meat cooked. He cooked the meat.... that smelled so yummy. But wait.... 

he put the cooked meat back on the bloody platter and said proudly.. "this makes it extra juicy!!!!!" The raw blood makes it extra juicy. WTF???? Well, I could not eat anything.... between Prissy walking on the table and the blood..... omg .... We asked that our steaks be put back on the grill and then kindly asked to by-pass the "extra juicy" with a claim of, "We're so weird! We like ours DRY" Get this ! The host said, "NO... that ruins the presentation" WHAT?????? THE HELL????? Your guests just asked.... oh nevermind it was useless.

So now for the kicker. We tried to get out of there. My date told me to say that I"m not feeling well and so sorry but we're gonna have to go. We walk outside to leave and the host's car was parked behind us blocking us in the driveway from the previous ice errand.. We walked back in to ask politely if he could move the car since it was blocking us in. He sat there and drily said, "I'll get to it." STUNNED ..... FACE PALM.  Why? Bc we didn't want to eat cat hair with beef blood?

Edited by ari333
  • Love 6

I wouldn't say "never the dog" but I agree most of the time it is the owners.  I had a neighbor a few houses down that made me fearful of buying the house - young, stick thin gangbanger who was the scariest looking person I had ever seen plus he had  pitbulls.  Turned out he was an ex-gangbanger, the nicest guy in the world and took excellent care of those dogs.  But he also took extreme care never to let them out of his own backyard off leash.

FWIW Part 2, I don't let my dogs out of the yard without a leash either, not since one of them slipped his collar while I was walking him and got into the street, where some idiot who never even tapped their brakes hit him, and he ended up being a canine amputee. You'd think this was a damn drag strip the way people speed up and down the road all the time.

FWIW Part 2, I don't let my dogs out of the yard without a leash either, not since one of them slipped his collar while I was walking him and got into the street, where some idiot who never even tapped their brakes hit him, and he ended up being a canine amputee. You'd think this was a damn drag strip the way people speed up and down the road all the time.

OMG! That is horrible. 

People drive around here so fast almost airborne;  and there are kids and people walking pets or just people walking. One idiot goes super fast in the dead end cul de sac-ish area and he DOES IT IN REVERSE> too lazy to turn the car around. It is a disaster and tragedy waiting to happen. I reported it and nothing has been done.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

Here's one. I love cats and I love meat and I enjoy most people, so don't judge me heh.

Then the host showed us the beautiful steaks on a huge platter and asked how we liked the meat cooked. He cooked the meat.... that smelled so yummy. But wait.... 

he put the cooked meat back on the bloody platter and said proudly.. "this makes it extra juicy!!!!!" The raw blood makes it extra juicy. WTF???? Well, I could not eat anything.... between Prissy walking on the table and the blood..... omg .... We asked that our steaks be put back on the grill and then kindly asked to by-pass the "extra juicy" with a claim of, "We're so weird! We like ours DRY" Get this ! The host said, "NO... that ruins the presentation" WHAT?????? THE HELL????? Your guests just asked.... oh nevermind it was useless.

So now for the kicker. We tried to get out of there. My date told me to say that I"m not feeling well and so sorry but we're gonna have to go. We walk outside to leave and the host's car was parked behind us blocking us in the driveway from the previous ice errand.. We walked back in to ask politely if he could move the car since it was blocking us in. He sat there and drily said, "I'll get to it." STUNNED ..... FACE PALM.  Why? Bc we didn't want to eat cat hair with beef blood?

I love being vegetarian.  : - p

• Love 3

I love being vegetarian.  : - p

I hear you. I love me some veggies, almost every veggie ever. However, I enjoy fish and seafood in general, but I do eat meat - mostly chicken and turkey. When I eat beef or lamb, seldom do,  I like it cooked medium well or even well done - always to the cook's HORROR.  I have an unhealthy relationship with cheese. :) And while we're at it, bring on the nuts, seeds, and berries! FLOVE!

• Love 2

Sorry guys; I talk too much and I am bored with a messed up foot... recovering. I can walk, but not much. I tripped over the air. GRACE! I wish I had an exotic story like I was skiing some place fancy :) or jumping out of a plane or sah-um

My bf lovingly put his hand on my shoulder and said, "honey boo boo..." (yes, I know) ..." I love you.... but for the love of God.. can you shut your pie hole?" :)

• Love 2

I'm in a dark mood so I thought this story was going to go in a different direction....don't judge me!

I am sincerely so sorry.  That is horrid!

• Love 3

OMG Delurker...... that is hilarious! Semantics.... my bad word choice heheheheheh omg.... If you are this funny in a dark mood, you must be a hoot in a good mood!! I needed a good laugh omg....

I don't eat cats! :) Sorry for my syntax error. *snort*

My bf is convinced that some cultures and cuisines  include cat on the menu. I find that hard to believe, but anything is possible.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 1

Every year until your car is 25

Not any more. Now it's 1975 models and earlier. I've got a 95 Miata that keeps getting sent to the STAR stations despite being in great condition and always passing, dammit, and I was really looking forward to 2020.

• Love 1

Not any more. Now it's 1975 models and earlier. I've got a 95 Miata that keeps getting sent to the STAR stations despite being in great condition and always passing, dammit, and I was really looking forward to 2020.

You mentioned STAR, are you talking about California? The answer was about Texas. It's 25 years.

Safety-only (vehicles 25 years or older)

Yeah, my 15 year old car has to go to a STAR station every year, even though it passes every year.

Ah ha. That explains why the first smog inspection place I stopped at last year politely directed me to the nearest STAR station. My car is 16 years old. Learned something -- thanks!

So here's a question for you people who know these things. I bought a Honda Metropolitan scooter, which you don't need a license for and can't drive on the highway. I was at Bruegger's Bagels early one morning before work, and a random policeman who was also there told me that I have to get the scooter registered with the DMV, that it's a ticketable offense if I dont. Is this true? I went to the DMV website, but could only find info about mopeds, which aren't really the same thing. Who else who lives in NC, or at least close by, knows if this is the law now?

So here's a question for you people who know these things. I bought a Honda Metropolitan scooter, which you don't need a license for and can't drive on the highway. I was at Bruegger's Bagels early one morning before work, and a random policeman who was also there told me that I have to get the scooter registered with the DMV, that it's a ticketable offense if I dont. Is this true? I went to the DMV website, but could only find info about mopeds, which aren't really the same thing. Who else who lives in NC, or at least close by, knows if this is the law now?

Short answer: yes.

Mopeds

Needs to be Registered: Yes

As of July 1, 2015, mopeds are required to be registered with NCDMV, in accordance with House Bill 1145. State statute defines a moped as having "two or three wheels, no external shifter, with a motor not to exceed 50 cubic centimeters of piston displacement and up to 30 mph propulsion on a level surface."

Does your scooter fall into these criteria? If so, it counts as a moped. Or it could be this:

Low-speed Vehicles

Needs to be Registered: Yes

Low-speed vehicles may be operated only on streets and highways where the posted speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. It may cross a road or street at an intersection with a posted speed higher than 35 mph. The low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, tail lamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, windshield wipers, speedometer, seat belts and a vehicle identification number. It must be insured and registered.