Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Collateral

Raylan gave Arlo' s house away because he hates Arlo. That house not some great homestead; it represents abuse and hatred. He literally sees Arlo' s ghost there. Once he realized that Harlan had no more hold on him, he just gave that house away. He's like, F it, it has zero value to me.

Boyd will now kill anyone standing between him and that ten million. He has always been a bad man, a stone hearted killer. Now between the smell of that money and the utter betrayal of the woman he loved (sort of loved), he has no reason not to be exactly who he is and has always been underneath the charming, surprising vocabulary and blinding smile.

• Love 8

This felt a little like a pilot to me. Like they had to set up a few different things for the last show.

Do any two actors on this show have less chemistry than Wynn and Vazquez did? That scene was dead. Like pulling teeth.

So Raylan's gone rogue simply because he's trying to protect Ava, who he's got a soft spot for? Makes sense, I guess. I remember it really bothering him when he shot that chick from the bathtub. And his weakness has always been the ladies.

Does anyone know. 

How did Wryn Duffy get that tennis bracelet and wedding ring into that tube of toothpaste, without cutting it only?

By the way, did anyone else notice that Duffy ripped off Catherine after she was died! 

Even in the pilot Boyd yells "fire in the hole!" so as not to kill the guys at the church when he fires the rocket launcher. He did kill the guy he thought was an informant but wasnt, however aside from that I dont really recall Boyd murdering people in the style he did Karl and then this guy last night. I could be forgetting tho.

Dewey Crowe comes to mind.  

• Love 2

Damn I can't believe this show is almost done. What am I gonna do without it. It is rare to find a show with so many well written, fleshed out characters. Add the rich, witty dialogue. Every scene tonight with Boyd and Raylan together was just perfect. It is really hard to pick any weak spots in this series. Any minor shortcomings you forget about because the rest is so amazing.

• Love 2

Aiming for Yoko: not clear if the writers would know this, but there's an old folk ballad, "Reynardine" in which Reynardine, a fox in human form, leads a woman to his castle, in which is the line: "His teeth did brightly shine." That line persists in all the (many) versions I've heard of it; it's how she keeps track of him in the dark. Here are the lyrics as recorded by Fairport Convention (which is well known enough that the writers might indeed know it, although there are also known Kentucky versions and many English ballads have variants from the Appalachians): http://www.metrolyrics.com/reynardine-lyrics-fairport-convention.html.

ETA: not just leads her (and previous victims), but through the mountains in the dark.

Edited by wendyg
  • Love 2

And that ballad is based on the old French folktale of Reynard the trickster fox, which I think goes back to medieval times. It was referenced on the Amazon show Bosch.