Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E13: Birthing Classes and Teamwork

Some of the boys had cleaning tasks, bathroom, living room, playroom were all given to boys.  What interested me is that Michelle followed Josie around the whole time she was picking stuff up.  I have NEVER seen Michelle spend that much time with a kid who wasn't nursing, let alone follow one around while they are doing their "juristictions".  she is never going to let that girl go.

Hey Michelle Im sure Bubba would love it if you shut up.

Just me or do those birthing classes seem like they would be so awkward with Derek? Also, a skirt over pants? Really? What would posses you to do such a thing

In case anyone thinks wearing pants while BEING PREGNANT is overly masculine.

• Love 3

Joy assigned girls to clean the boys' bedroom? That doesn't seem right to me. Some of their towels and sheets must be disgusting. Some of the boys are adolescents, after all. . . .

Ok I lolled so hard at that, but then I watched the episode and I remember her saying that one of the boys was doing the boys room. I may be wrong though. :)

• Love 1

I almost died when I heard Anna say they hung Josh's robe over the door window the entire time they lived in their house.  How much are cheap curtains cost in Ark. $3-4 dollars.  I do like how she is hands on with the kids but Micheal was way too young to be messing around a  sewing machine.

Jill and Derick are two strangers just getting to know each other. Had they dated like normal people they would know each other and not seem so awkward around each other.

• Love 3

I agree about the curtain. In all the time they lived in that house Anna couldn't swing by a JoAnn Fabrics and pick up some material to make a window cover?

I do love what Jessa has done with the house though. The interior paint is a little dark for my taste but she has it decorated very nicely. I was happy to see she didn't do a Barbie Dreamhouse bedroom like Erin Bates did.

• Love 4

Jill hated the idea of humor while in labor? She would have loved me. I'm the type of person who finds humor in just about everything, nothing to be proud of but that's the way the good Lord made me. When my wife was getting stapled after the c-section, I walked over and counted all the fingers and toes on my daughter and made sure she was A-Ok. I walk back over to my wife and she asks me "what does she look like?" And me being the ass I am say "a baby." The nurses and doctor started laughing and my wife wasn't too happy....not like she could hit me or anything so I wasn't too worried. Humor makes me feel better, it makes me feel comfortable and to this day 10 plus years after my daughter's birth my wife still gives me shit about it. And I still say, tell me she didn't look like a baby! 

Welcome to married life Jill and Derick. You'll soon find out that you're not 100% compatible, you will annoy each other, you will get into arguments and you will get mad. Just accept it and learn from it. 

• Love 4

I am watching this episode slowly..

.can't believe that Jill wore a skirt OVER sweatpants to that childbirth class. She looked ridiculous...get over it, Jill, you are already wearing pants, you just don't want to admit it....

Were derickdillard and Jill practicing for labor or practicing for calling Dilly#2 to earth? They looked more like they were getting intimate with each other to me than labor practice...

When Michelle needed to make it about HER again, and recall Josie's birth situation, she said she was suffering from gall bladder pain and out came Josie, early.

.I don't remember it that way. If memory serves me correctly, Michelle's blood pressure was sky high with preeclampsia and she would have suffered a stroke, or died soon had they not induced Josie's delivery.

The gall bladder pain came a little later after that, she ignored it, and didn't want anything that "God put in her to be taken out". Then she couldn't stand the attacks and rushed to the hospital to have it removed of her own decision...An aside here..she always says how she would lay down her life for any of her kids, born or unborn...so why then did she hightail it to the delivery room STAT to induce Josie to save her own life when it would have been quite dangerous for Josie to be born at 25 weeks? To save her own hide. Contradiction there anyone?

If anyone remembers it like Michelle recounted, please correct me.

• Love 1

Another thing...Michelle wanting to take her kids to a "professional to learn how to do things" is because Michelle doesn't know how to do anything herself in the first place. I couldn't help but chuckle at that one...

Why would someone bring a dog to a facility to wash the dog themselves?...and PAY FOR IT? what happened to being thrifty, Duggars? If you have a pail and a hose outside, you can wash the poor guy yourselves for free...Stupid segment...Another thing, remember at Jill's tea party the little girls were singing that "dirty dog" song? I think this segment is woefully out of sync..it happened quite a long time ago. they were referring to the dog, dirty dog, singing about it at that tea party months ago. Sloppy continuity on TLC's part.. I also see that Michelle was wearing her Wicked Witch of the West shoes again...that woman needs a lot of fashion help.

I almost died when I heard Anna say they hung Josh's robe over the door window the entire time they lived in their house.  How much are cheap curtains cost in Ark. $3-4 dollars.  I do like how she is hands on with the kids but Micheal was way too young to be messing around a  sewing machine.

I hope that Anna intends to include a note with the gift telling Ben and Jessa what it is. If someone sent me a rectangle of cloth as a wedding gift, I don't know what I would make of it. It would be nice of her to include the hardware necessary to hang it -- I'm not a big fan of giving people gifts that require them to go out and buy other things.

I understand that life can get hectic with small children, but Josh and Anna lived in that house for over a years before their daughter was born. I can be as lazy as the next person, but Anna's sole responsibility in this culture is to make a nice home for her husband, and she couldn't even accomplish that simple task?

• Love 3

.can't believe that Jill wore a skirt OVER sweatpants to that childbirth class. She looked ridiculous...get over it, Jill, you are already wearing pants, you just don't want to admit it....

Were derickdillard and Jill practicing for labor or practicing for calling Dilly#2 to earth? They looked more like they were getting intimate with each other to me than labor practice...

When Michelle needed to make it about HER again, and recall Josie's birth situation, she said she was suffering from gall bladder pain and out came Josie, early.

.I don't remember it that way. If memory serves me correctly, Michelle's blood pressure was sky high with preeclampsia and she would have suffered a stroke, or died soon had they not induced Josie's delivery.

The gall bladder pain came a little later after that, she ignored it, and didn't want anything that "God put in her to be taken out". Then she couldn't stand the attacks and rushed to the hospital to have it removed of her own decision...An aside here..she always says how she would lay down her life for any of her kids, born or unborn...so why then did she hightail it to the delivery room STAT to induce Josie to save her own life when it would have been quite dangerous for Josie to be born at 25 weeks? To save her own hide. Contradiction there anyone?

Thats what I recall too.  She's a liar.

• Love 2

I thought that she went to the doctor for gall bladder pain and they then discovered her serious preeclampsia which was the ultimate reason the doctors decided to deliver Josie. The preeclampsia was just as dangerous to Josie as it was to Michele so it's not like she could have said she would just take the risk of the high blood pressure so Josie could "cook" longer. 

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Television/michelle-duggars-baby-josie-brooklyn-born-prematurely-pregnancy/story?id=9332030

• Love 1

I thought that she went to the doctor for gall bladder pain and they then discovered her serious preeclampsia which was the ultimate reason the doctors decided to deliver Josie. The preeclampsia was just as dangerous to Josie as it was to Michele so it's not like she could have said she would just take the risk of the high blood pressure so Josie could "cook" longer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Television/michelle-duggars-baby-josie-brooklyn-born-prematurely-pregnancy/story?id=9332030

This is what I remember as well. Michelle had been dealing with gall bladder for years, I believe, but the pre- eclampsia was the deciding issue.

Okay, the thing with the skirt over pants is irritating me more and more, as I think about it. It's such a weird thing to do. I wonder if she's genuinely convinced that she's part of a family ministry, and that people count on her to constantly model 'appropriate' feminine behavior -- or if she just likes to call attention to herself. Or most likely both.

A longer tunic type top over pants would have been MUCH more appropriate than that stupid skirt over sweat pants that Jill wore. They just don't have a clue, do they?

Derick needs to give Jill "permission" to dress like a grow up married woman of 2015, like HIS mother does.

• Love 2

I actually think she would have felt personally uncomfortable with anything else on. If she'd worn pants, her brain wouldn't have been able to stop thinking about being in pants. If she'd worn a skirt, she'd worried about how she looked in certain positions. It would have completely distracted her.

The Duggar young women may come to wear pants, but it will take a little time. And likely just this way - by wearing them under skirts, or in their homes, first.

• Love 1

I thought Derick's attempt to be humorous would have been fine if he actually came off as fun and funny. Instead he just looked like a lame doofus sorta poking fun at Jill. It must've come off even worse in person if even Jill can't giggle.

And the coaching and the positions and Jill and Derick rubbing all over Jills belly together -- uh, no thanks. Please, I don't want to see this.

• Love 3

Why would someone bring a dog to a facility to wash the dog themselves?...and PAY FOR IT? what happened to being thrifty, Duggars? If you have a pail and a hose outside, you can wash the poor guy yourselves for free...Stupid segment...Another thing, remember at Jill's tea party the little girls were singing that "dirty dog" song? I think this segment is woefully out of sync..it happened quite a long time ago. they were referring to the dog, dirty dog, singing about it at that tea party months ago. Sloppy continuity on TLC's part.. I also see that Michelle was wearing her Wicked Witch of the West shoes again...that woman needs a lot of fashion help.

There are a lot of reasons someone might take a dog to a facility to wash it...and pay for it. My neighbors have great danes, and while they can hose them off outside sometimes, during the fall/winter/spring it's too  cold to  bathe a dog with cold water outside. Obviously, their dogs are too big for most home tubs.

The tubs at facilities are up higher, which is easier on your back when washing the dog. I wash my dog in our tub, but it would be easier on my body if I  took him someplace.

Lastly, those places have dryers that work way better than home hair dryers. 

I've always said that if I ever build a house, I'm going to build a dog washing area in a mudroom or something like that!

• Love 3

My washer and dryer is in the garage, so I had my husband rig up another faucet I can attach a short hose to, and wash dogs in driveway in front of garage.  That way I can get warm water.  And my preference is for them to dry off outside if possible because blow drying long thick hair with undercoats send dog hair flying to plaster itself on walls.

We intentionally put a large/deep tub in our laundry room, mostly so I could wash dogs without it being a mess. I still think it's odd that this dog's pretty much never been seen on the show (that I remember) and all of a sudden he's like the 20th kid. Maybe he just hates baths, but he looks really confused to me.

Actually it isn't the front door.  It's the side door.  They have what most of us would call more a mud room at the end of the house next to the pantry with a door that leads to the driveway.  

I hope that Anna intends to include a note with the gift telling Ben and Jessa what it is. If someone sent me a rectangle of cloth as a wedding gift, I don't know what I would make of it. It would be nice of her to include the hardware necessary to hang it -- I'm not a big fan of giving people gifts that require them to go out and buy other things.

I wanted to scream the entire time....first of all, that window is an OVAL....that big ole rectangle made from a sheet will look absolutely stupid, hardware or not. Sending back Josh's bathrobe and the hanger would be better. I bet Jessa got some nice window film (sold at Home Depot or Bed, Bath, and Beyond in lots of nice designs), or she looked on Pinterest for some ideas using brush-on stuff. I just saw a lot of great ideas the other day. Geez.

. The interior paint is a little dark for my taste but she has it decorated very nicely. I was happy to see she didn't do a Barbie Dreamhouse bedroom like Erin Bates did.

LOL  Erin Bates no longer has the pink room. She said she likes to constantly redecorate. I think it's dark now.

• Love 1

This is exactly what I remember. Also that the situation was serious enough to have wiped that hee-haw grin off of Boob's face for the first time since the show began. The man actually realized that they couldn't just sit around and pray if they wanted to save Me-chelle.

• Love 2

Wow!  Just saw this show!  This is totally an attempt to try and say they care about animals. That poor dog looked scared to death and you could tell it had never been walked on a leash or bathed by this family.   MEchelle even proclaimed that this was the first time.  The kids even talked about how much the dog smelled.  Obviously they don't give a **** about their animals. It gets hot in the summer and cold in the winter in Arkansas and I find it repulsive that they don't allow their animals to come inside during those times.  Sorry- I'm an animal lover and  they bug me and trying to pretend to be responsible pet owners in this show is just a joke.  (Like MEchelle pretending to be a mother.)

Yeah, but how cool would it be for Marjorie's mom to respond with something like, "I know! I'm so young to be a grandma. Maybe Marjorie and I will be expecting together!"

Michelle's empty ovaries would explode out of her body!

I would pay UFC fight prices to see that!

* I may be in the minority, but I think those husband-coached natural birthing classes are such a load of crap.  12 weeks (!) to learn how to rub your wife's arm and say, "It's okay, honey" and "Every contraction gets us closer"?  Maybe it's just me.  *shrug*

LOL- It may work for some but that looked so stupid to me.  Derrick was trying to get it on with giggly Jill.  I would love to be a fly on the wall and see what it was like when she really went into labor and he tried those moves and pulled out the bible verse cards.  

Hey Michelle Im sure Bubba would love it if you shut up.

That poor dog was crying over her voice!  

What a god-awful boring effing gift for Jessa and Ben: a curtain. I know it's the thought that counts but that shitty mobile Anna and Josh gave to Jill and Derick was equally lame.

That stupid mobile would fall apart after a day and the baby would choke on the parts.  That would be another TLC special edition.

And my last  (for now) bitch about this episode was what they did not read out loud- but what was on the jurisdiction list.  

JER- Parents room (WTF), hallways, prayer closet, stairs, overlooks and studio.

WOW!  Why does he have to clean up the baby making room???  Why can't his parents clean their own room? I really get upset with MEchelle when I watch this show.  Is JER being punished like SI?  Hard labor?

AND another thing- I too remember the laundry shoot.  MEchelle just wanted to make a point that Miracle does all this stinky work and she follows her around to tell her how awesome of a job she does.  Didn't see her telling Jordyn, Jennifer or any of the other children how wonderful they were doing.  

Okay, I just finally watched this all the way through.

Why didn't the dog have a collar? They took it off because the tag had his real owner's name on it, perhaps? That dog had no idea who these people were. He didn't look to any of them for reassurance. He was a great sport, considering.

Jordyn, describing scrubbing the dog, said, "scrubba dubba doo!" Yeah, those kids aren't exposed to pop culture at all. *eye roll*

Josie seems fine to me. I don't see Anna's kids as having better language skills than the little Duggars. I'm not concerned about Mack's little problem with r's -- that's a watch and wait, nothing to worry about unless she's still doing it at around seven. But I think Josie is more articulate. Jordyn is lagging her, but mostly I think Josie is just sharper minded, and comes up with answers faster.

Too bad Jill has no sense of humor. Laughter was what got me through labor. I kind of feel sorry for her.

Michelle's voice is actually getting higher. I hadn't realized that was possible.

• Love 2

Stupid one-track people don't have any sense of humor.  And that describes Jill.  Remind me never to enlist her advise or services regarding childbirth, or anything else that I can think of.  I think she is stifling her husband, and I can't remember anything she did very well.

• Love 3

Exactly. She was diagnosed with preeclampsia; delivering the baby was the only option. The gallbladder stuff was a side note.

Of course she'd be loathe to admit that her pregnancy was high-risk in any way.

• Love 1

Okay, I just finally watched this all the way through.

Why didn't the dog have a collar? They took it off because the tag had his real owner's name on it, perhaps? That dog had no idea who these people were. He didn't look to any of them for reassurance. He was a great sport, considering.

Jordyn, describing scrubbing the dog, said, "scrubba dubba doo!" Yeah, those kids aren't exposed to pop culture at all. *eye roll*

Josie seems fine to me. I don't see Anna's kids as having better language skills than the little Duggars. I'm not concerned about Mack's little problem with r's -- that's a watch and wait, nothing to worry about unless she's still doing it at around seven. But I think Josie is more articulate. Jordyn is lagging her, but mostly I think Josie is just sharper minded, and comes up with answers faster.

Too bad Jill has no sense of humor. Laughter was what got me through labor. I kind of feel sorry for her.

Michelle's voice is actually getting higher. I hadn't realized that was possible.

I think Josie has also been fawned over and encouraged much more than Jordyn, which would be one possible reason why Josie speaks more and usually better than her older sibling.

• Love 2