Type keyword(s) to search

Killjoys in the Media

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

3.1 Boondoggie synopsis;

Dutch and D’avin, with the help of an obnoxious black market dealer, are on the hunt for a weapon that will draw out the Hullen; and Johnny receives an SOS from Clara leading him into the underground world of Hackmods.

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing those two 'adventures' will likely dove-tail into one another - as I'll be quite surprised if the gang isn't reunited by the end of this first episode of the season.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I saw a commercial the other day for the Killjoys S3 debut this Friday, and the most amusing part in it was a brief clip of Pree running while stating "this better be worth the chafing".

I knew Pree would be around this season, but that's the first time I've heard mention of seeing him in either a promo or pic for the new season - and that line is great, & so him. 

Same goes for Fancy or Alvis, have yet to see them as well.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I knew Pree would be around this season, but that's the first time I've heard mention of seeing him in either a promo or pic for the new season - and that line is great, & so him. 

Same goes for Fancy or Alvis, have yet to see them as well.

Good point, I hadn't noticed Fancy or Alvis either in any of the clips available either.

(edited)

As much as I am so gosh-darned tempted to do it, I'm doing my best to avoid spoiling myself too much (with only ~18-19 hours left to go);  but there are advanced [p]reviews out for 3.1 Boondoggie that can be found with a simple Google search.

On 6/27/2017 at 3:12 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Good point, I hadn't noticed Fancy or Alvis either in any of the clips available either.

Looking through promo pics of the episode, both F and A (& Pree) will be present in the season premiere.  There's at least one group scene with everyone, sans Johnny.  Who, as I pretty much expected,

Spoiler

does re-join Dutch & D'avin before the eppy ends.  (pics spoiled it - him & Dutch share a scene on Lucy [guessing towards the end]). 

Actually, after watching a featurette with the main cast & ML discussing the upcoming season - intermixed with scenes in the first ep or two - as well as reading the synopsis for 3.2 A Skinner, Darkly, Johnny might not fully rejoin the team until towards the end of the 2nd episode (if not even later).

ETA:  spoiler info change

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

Still no trailer for 3.6 Necropolis Now, but just saw the sneak peek released...  and now I need to go relieve a little bit of anger brought on by what was shown, & what it could mean later on.

Even if I didn't ship the way I did, D/D just doesn't work for me - even though D'avin is pretty likeable these days, or at least funnier. 

Just like the first time they did this - this time not (yet) as much as previously - this feels like Dutch trying to take her mind off something else, rather than expressing romantic interest.  *crosses fingers & toes and prays that's all it will actually be*

3.6 Necropolis Now sneak peek

28 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Doesn't look like much of a ship to me - quite the contrary.

After some thinking about it - her having been drinking, combined with his reluctance to continue - it does seem to imply more of a mistake than an actual 'ship' moment.

But as I consider myself a pessimistically-inclined realist;  until its confirmed that its not a pre-ship event, I'm going to keep my expectations near the ground level.

I have no problem if the show goes the route of pairing Dutch and D'Avin or anyone else for that matter.  I would have an issue if they ever went the Dutch/John route because it's so, so rare for tv to ever portray a man and woman being honest-to-goodness BFFs and I don't want to see that get messed up for the overly done eventual romantic hookup.  I can see that on practically every tv show on air now or in the past.

What I'm really interested in is why this show hasn't been renewed yet.  SyFy renewed Wynnona Earp which has lower ratings than Killjoys (and the lowest of the three Friday night shows: Killjoys, Dark Matter, Wynonna Earp).  I want a season 4!

Edited by rove4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, tessaray said:

Sometimes when a show is on the bubble, I don't watch the finale until I know if it's going to be a series or season finale. I'll be watching next week though, no matter what.  3 seasons is just not enough. 

That said, the ratings do seem to be all over the place.  They haven't updated it for last night.   

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/killjoys-season-three-ratings/ 

All I ask is that they find a way to put somewhat of a stamp - no matter how small it might be - on the series by the end of next week, so I'm not forever yelling "what!?" because everything ended on huge open-ended cliffy(s) IF its not picked up for a S4.

• Love 2

Killjoys will be back for a 4th and 5th final season, and I couldn't be happier! That's the dream. Planning a series finale 2 seasons in advance. Amazing. I can't wait to see how this show ends (and we can all enjoy watching next season without constantly worrying about the show's renewal).

But first, the S3 finale!

• Love 7

Glad that it's getting two final seasons!  Lost Girl went about this long too, right?  I guess Michelle Lovretta is all about being five and done on her shows!

Honestly, I was worried that the show could have issues going forward since Hannah John-Kamen is (rightfully) starting to get more recognition and roles in high profile stuff (Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One, Ant Man and the Wasp), but I'm assuming she'll stick around, because I really doubt this show would go forward without Dutch!

Now off to watch the finale!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Princess Lucky said:

Killjoys will be back for a 4th and 5th final season, and I couldn't be happier! That's the dream. Planning a series finale 2 seasons in advance. Amazing. I can't wait to see how this show ends (and we can all enjoy watching next season without constantly worrying about the show's renewal).

But first, the S3 finale!

You've always got to worry about SyFy..  The last time they renewed a show for two more seasons at once, they cancelled it a week before the finale episode of the first of those seasons started filming (Eureka).

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

The last time they renewed a show for two more seasons at once

Actually, the last time (that I'm aware of) was 12 Monkeys, which has aired one  of those seasons already, and finished filming the other. Fingers crossed Syfy has learned its lesson...

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

You've always got to worry about SyFy..  The last time they renewed a show for two more seasons at once, they cancelled it a week before the finale episode of the first of those seasons started filming (Eureka).

Oh my God. Now you've re-traumatized me. I really enjoyed Eureka.

9 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Actually, the last time (that I'm aware of) was 12 Monkeys, which has aired one  of those seasons already, and finished filming the other. Fingers crossed Syfy has learned its lesson...

But yes. Hopefully Killjoys will be allowed to end properly. With this season especially, it's proven that it can tell a larger story and build a more extended universe. That type of storytelling deserves a proper send-off.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, MostlyC said:

It's weird, I loved the first season of Dark Matter and was so-so on Killjoys. Second season, I was firmly on the Killjoys side and if I had to choose, it would always be Killjoys now. But I feel for those who preferred Dark Matter.  (I think Dark Matter lost me with the dribbling out of memories and the constantly changing pre-memory wipe personalities, I got to the point where I didn't care anymore.)  

• Love 2

For me it's the other way around. I wouldn't have cared if Dark Matter had been cancelled after its first season, but during the second season I started to really love the show and now I'm very disappointed that it was cancelled. Normally I would have been very happy to read this news but it came only a short time after the Dark Matter cancellation and I was still unhappy about that, so I'm not yet excited about the Killjoys renewal.

• Love 2

Yeah, I normally would be thrilled about the Killjoys renewal, but I am so salty about Dark Matter getting cancelled, that I cant properly enjoy it. I am glad that at least one syfy show I like is coming back. It will just be so weird to watch Killjoys without following it up with Dark Matter. 

• Love 1

Alas, region blocked for me.  (Though it's a good reminder that I wanted to do a complete rewatch before S4 starts to air.)

I don't think I remember seeing that ML was leaving but I could have missed it.

ETA: I was perusing her Twitter and in January it sounded like she was in the writers room. Lots of tweets about arthritis, so I hope she didn't step down because of health reasons. 

• Love 2
On 2/23/2018 at 9:09 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Am I late to the party, or is the fact that the series has a different show-runner new news? 

It looks to be the latter, as the earliest mention on this change that I can find is from press releases related to the start of filming for season four, both released on February 1st (which was also when that video was released).

From the Bell Media press release (February 1, 2018):

• Creator Michelle Lovretta (LOST GIRL, THE SECRET CIRCLE) who served as Showrunner the first three seasons, continues as Executive Producer and Writer.
  • Adam Barken (X COMPANY, Bruno and Boots) who has been a writer and producer on the series since Season 1, is promoted to Executive Producer and Showrunner.

Based on this article from Playback (playbackonline.ca), there appears to have been a press release that mentions the change from Boat Rocker Media (which owns the show's production company, Temple Street, though the press release is not on either company's website).  Here's the relevant section from the Playback post:

Boat Rocker announced Feb. 1 that Lovretta will hand the showrunner reins to Adam Barken for the final two seasons. Barken (X Company), has been a writer and producer on the series since season one. Lovretta will remain an exec producer and writer on the series.

“Adam has been my dear friend and secret weapon for three wonderful seasons,” Lovretta said in an a statement. “I’m thrilled we’re increasing his role as we finish our Killjoys journey in the Quad.”

No additional information on the role change was provided.

This doesn't sound like a "creative differences" issue, especially with her staying on as a writer, so the impact should be minor.   As far as the reason for the change, it could be personal/health-related, or it could just be professional, with Lovretta, as the experienced showrunner, mentoring and/or making way for someone else.  And/or, perhaps she's reducing her responsibilities, as she has another project that she's working on.

Edited by Just Here
  • Love 1

Well, it appears that 8 of the 10 episodes for season 4 have potentially been named...

•  The Warrior Princess Bride
  •  Johnny Dangerously
  •  Bro-d Trip
  •  What to Expect When You're Expecting.... An Alien Parasite
  •  Greening Pains
  •  Baby, Face Killer
  •  O Mother, Where Art Thou?
  •  It Takes a Pillage
  • Love 1

I wonder if we are going to get a few weeks of 2 new eps a night.

A full 10-week season would run from July 20 - September 21.   9/21 seems like a late ending date, considering most the major networks' new Fall programming is kicking, or has kicked, off by that point.

14 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I wonder if we are going to get a few weeks of 2 new eps a night.

A full 10-week season would run from July 20 - September 21.   9/21 seems like a late ending date, considering most the major networks' new Fall programming is kicking, or has kicked, off by that point.

A two-hour premiere or finale wouldn't be unheard of.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Fixed & I wouldn't be adverse to that.

I'd be a little bit averse to that.  We only get ten episodes.  I'd rather have ten weeks to savor the show than to have over in eight weeks.

• Love 1

Here's a Seson 4 Promo! Premier is July 20.

The Expanse had spolied me for all other Space shows (Sorry Star Trek: Discovery) but I will watch and enjoy Killjoys.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, marinw said:

The Expanse had spolied me for all other Space shows (Sorry Star Trek: Discovery) but I will watch and enjoy Killjoys.

One of these days/weeks/months/years I am going to get around to watching that.  ST:D as well.

But I whole-heartedly agree with the last part of your sentence.

4.1 synopsis:

In the season opener “The Warrior Princess Bride” (Friday, July 20 at 10 p.m. ET), trapped in the mysterious and mind-bending greenspace and on the run from the deadly Lady, Aneela (John-Kamen), and her father Khlyen (Rob Stewart) struggle to stay one step ahead of the Lady, while keeping a wounded Dutch alive with a story that he promises will save her life: the tale of Dutch and Johnny’s first mission in the Quad. He tells the story of the time when, down to their last few Joy, Dutch and John accepted a simple cargo transportation gig to the armpit of the galaxy and how this led to them facing off with a deadly assassin.

• Love 2

Just watched the promo for the first time... and have to say, if its not a big misdirect, I am very much liking the spotlight on Johnny that's implied - even if just meant for his role in the flashback to his & Dutch's first KJ mission together or finding a way to pull them out of the green, vs something much more.

The Khlyen voice-over saying "... and the thief who is about to save us all" along with the direct cut to Johnny walking towards the camera.

1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

@AaronRAshmore said:

Today is the season 4 Finale of #Killjoys and it feels extra emotional as we are 3 days away from finishing shooting season 5. I hope you guys enjoy the ep tonight and are ready for a crazy ride next year!

Man, I am gonna miss the hells out of this show after it ends, about this time next year.   (no matter how it turns out, even if I don't get what I ultimately want)

• Love 4