Type keyword(s) to search

Killjoys in the Media

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

Episode titles for final 10 episodes (but no air dates [yet])....

S5.E1 - Run, Yala, Run
S5.E2 - Blame It On the Rain
S5.E3 - Three Killjoys and a Lady
S5.E4 - Ship Outta Luck
S5.E5 - A Bout, A Girl
S5.E6 - Three Mutineers
S5.E7 - Cherchez La Bitch
S5.E8 - Don't Stop Beweaving
S5.E9 - Terraformance Anxiety
S5.E10 - Last Dance

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/28/2019 at 1:44 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Episode titles for final 10 episodes (but no air dates [yet])....

S5.E1 - Run, Yala, Run
S5.E2 - Blame It On the Rain
S5.E3 - Three Killjoys and a Lady
S5.E4 - Ship Outta Luck
S5.E5 - A Bout, A Girl
S5.E6 - Three Mutineers
S5.E7 - Cherchez La Bitch
S5.E8 - Don't Stop Beweaving
S5.E9 - Terraformance Anxiety
S5.E10 - Last Dance

I could be alone in this, but a part of me hopes that Syfy airs this like either of the last two seasons of 12 Monkeys.  IE, either all 10 over a period of a Friday[4]-Saturday[3] & Sunday[3] weekend.  Or, three Friday nights in a row [4-3-3 or 3-3-4].

On 3/29/2019 at 4:58 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I could be alone in this, but a part of me hopes that Syfy airs this like either of the last two seasons of 12 Monkeys.  IE, either all 10 over a period of a Friday[4]-Saturday[3] & Sunday[3] weekend.  Or, three Friday nights in a row [4-3-3 or 3-3-4].

I kind of hate that part of you, then.  I want to savor the last Killjoys episodes we're getting over a good 10 week period.

• Love 3

I kind of liked the way they burned off the final season of Person of Interest - it made for an intense 5 or 6 weeks, iirc (it's been a while). But I'd rather savor the last season of Killjoys. Last season there was some good discussion after each episode and binge watching doesn't leave much room for that.

I wonder if Syfy is going to do a marathon. I have my dvr recordings but I'm usually too lazy to do my own personal marathon.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, johntfs said:

I kind of hate that part of you, then.  I want to savor the last Killjoys episodes we're getting over a good 10 week period.

I'm not against 'savoring' good TV shows, but Netflix [& other streaming services] and TV series on DVD/BluRay have ruined me in the sense that I tend to prefer binging (when possible);  or at least, being able to watch however many episodes I want at a time.  Especially for serialized shows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I'm not against 'savoring' good TV shows, but Netflix [& other streaming services] and TV series on DVD/BluRay have ruined me in the sense that I tend to prefer binging (when possible);  or at least, being able to watch however many episodes I want at a time.  Especially for serialized shows.

Last year I missed the season finale of Killjoys.  I was on vacation and thought I'd set up my VCR (yes, I have one and use it) to record the episode but recorded something on the Game Show Network (the next channel up) instead.  I had to wait for the DVD to finally see it.

Missing one episode is bad enough, but I wouldn't want to miss three or four at a time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, johntfs said:

Last year I missed the season finale of Killjoys.  I was on vacation and thought I'd set up my VCR (yes, I have one and use it) to record the episode but recorded something on the Game Show Network (the next channel up) instead.  I had to wait for the DVD to finally see it.

Missing one episode is bad enough, but I wouldn't want to miss three or four at a time.

Totally understand, both the frustration of a recording medium mishap and fearing missing out due to said mishaps.

But save for a very select few shows (Killjoys, for one), I actually don't watch current shows - 'live', at least.  I tend to binge past shows or wait to catch up on still-airing shows, IE past season(s) or a buffer of episodes in the current season. 

Hence, my username.  [though, a near perfectly apt moniker would be "iRarelyWatch(Live)TV(asidefromsports)"]

3 hours ago, johntfs said:

I'm surprised that the final episode was no longer on the Syfy app or website.  Isn't it usually freely available after a week or two? Though I probably would have spent the $2 or $3 to buy the episode from Apple / Google / Amazon next day rather than wait for the dvd but that's just me. I'm not good at waiting. A week is about all I can tolerate. ☺️

(edited)

Not to sound like a whiny spoiled child, but how long they gonna make us wait until we find out a S5 premiere date?  We're 2.5 days until the start of June now.

[P.S. - congrats to AA and his wife & family on the new addition]

[P.P.S.  -  I wonder if Lucy was in the list of possible names for the new baby girl...]

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Date set for premiere of the final season;

As Yogi Berra might have put it, it’s “Armageddon deja vu” all over again in the final season teaser for Syfy’s Killjoys.

The sci-fi series is set to launch its fifth and final season on Friday, July 19 at 10/9c, it has been announced by the cabler, and the teaser video above cheekily warns that our heroes will endeavor to prevent “the end of the galaxy… for the last time.”

• Love 6

Since there isn't a dedicated spoiler thread, there's some promo pics out for next week (5.5 - A Bout, A Girl).  And without clear evidence, I think we'll be seeing an 'old' face again next Friday.....

Spoiler

image.png.37a14f5bf3fd2fff78817383f3c28428.png

Spoiler

It's hard to tell with her back turned, but I think the lady in white will be Aneela.  No question the one in black is DSK.  I just can't figure out who else it could be.  (unless it's an un-SuperMaxed Dutch)

• Love 2

There's either a big twist involved somewhere, in the next ep., or someone in the Killjoys promo department has been watching the wrong show for the last 5 years.........

Dutch is determined to get the ship under his command as he invades the Supermax prison and battles his way to the top of the vessel.

• LOL 4
On 8/10/2019 at 9:54 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Since there isn't a dedicated spoiler thread, there's some promo pics out for next week (5.5 - A Bout, A Girl).  And without clear evidence, I think we'll be seeing an 'old' face again next Friday.....

Reveal spoiler

image.png.37a14f5bf3fd2fff78817383f3c28428.png

Reveal spoiler

It's hard to tell with her back turned, but I think the lady in white will be Aneela.  No question the one in black is DSK.  I just can't figure out who else it could be.  (unless it's an un-SuperMaxed Dutch)

Promo pic for 5.6 reveals I was right, not that the validity of my claim was ever really in question....

Spoiler

image.png.6ac7099c279cb4675f057651fbd1753c.png

• Love 1