Type keyword(s) to search

Killjoys in the Media

BizBuzz
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Dutch and Johnny hugging oh so tenderly in the new title sequence? I mean, D'avin does nothing for me (neither character or actor, frankly) and I would have been more than happy if the show had gone in that direction...before Dutch hooked up with D'avin, that is. Is this just a case of promo monkeys screwing up or are we heading for a freaking triangle?* Do. Not. Want.

*Or am I just reading too much into it?

Edited by feverfew
  • Love 1

I can't wait!

Spoiler

Fancy! Just when I wondered if we'll ever see him again! Dream-sequence or not that was awesome. We also had plenty of Pree in the previews - great. Now I just need to know that Alvis survived the bombing of Old Town.

• Love 1

Well, live and learn. I had not known that you can slow-mo youtube videos. Thanks!

Spoiler

Still haven't managed to see Alvis but it looks as if Johnny gets a lot of action. I hope some of those are at least hallucinations because the only ship I'm interested on this show is Lucy!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Well, live and learn. I had not known that you can slow-mo youtube videos. Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

For maximum obsessiveness, slo-mo with pause! Johnny and Alvis look way too similar, but I'm pretty sure the split second scene at 0:14 is decidedly not Johnny's hair... looks like Alvis's.

5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

I can't wait!

Reveal hidden contents

OK, forget the need for micro-analysis of Youtube, 

Spoiler

Morgan Kelly's (the actor who plays Alvis) Twitter account makes it pretty obvious he's part of season 2. Yay!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FurryFury said:

Looking at this thread and the trailer, I totally forgot most of the stuff from s1

Me, too. I was considering a re-watch but that's too much of a commitment. I made do with reading last season's episode summaries on Wikipedia and Den of Geek. "Ah yeah. That does kind of sound familiar."

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Maybe this will help: Fancy Lee is the 'designated asshole' of the RAC (his words not mine). Alvis Akari is the hot monk/revolutionary (my words).

I thought he died! (Alvis) I think I remember.

Um, didn't understand you about Fancy. Is he the Asian dude who's a rival of Killjoys?

(edited)
On 6/19/2016 at 0:52 PM, feverfew said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Dutch and Johnny hugging oh so tenderly in the new title sequence? I mean, D'avin does nothing for me (neither character or actor, frankly) and I would have been more than happy if the show had gone in that direction...before Dutch hooked up with D'avin, that is. Is this just a case of promo monkeys screwing up or are we heading for a freaking triangle?* Do. Not. Want.

*Or am I just reading too much into it?

I agree with what you said about D'avin and would have preferred Dutch/Johnny pairing, and I don't know if they are gonna go the horrifically traditional 'triangle' route between the three main characters or not - although I do expect it, unfortunately..... however, if you look at the promo image [group shot (of 6) on Lucy's bridge] on the site linked in the first post of this page, it seems to be setting up a Johnny/Pawter thing this season.  Don't know if that is actually what is hinted at that, or if it will end up being about as brief as the D'avin/Pawter thing or not; but the positioning and touching implies some sort of personal connection to be played out between the two of them.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
(edited)
22 hours ago, FurryFury said:

I don't want any Johnny/Dutch romance. They are awesome as bros, please leave them as that.

I somewhat agree with that, especially since they already had Dutch and D'avin hook up... but I will point out that while Johnny continually professed a brother/sister relationship with Dutch to others (especially Pree, since he was Dutch/Johnny's #1 shipper fan) in season 1, Dutch herself never confessed to sharing those sibling-ly feelings about or towards Johnny.

Does that necessarily mean she thinks of Johnny as more than a brother, or that the show will go with Du/J at some point?  No.  But I'm not ready to rule it out, either.

Since I had no problems with D'Avin/Dutch last season (well before the show pulled an Angel on them) I'm not too worried about Johnny/Dutch. The show has been pretty good at handling their relationship so far.

Also

Spoiler

I've read an interview claiming that Johnny and Pawter would become closer this season. Given from what we saw last season it would make sense.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Does anyone know anything about Shawn Ashmore's role on Conviction which is starting in the fall? I wonder if that will affect Killjoys.

Why would that affect Killjoys ?  Shawn Ashmore isn't even on this show, his identical twin Aaron Ashmore plays Johnny.

• Love 2

Does anyone watch/listen to any aftershows or podcasts discussing episodes?  I do, and sometimes they come up with some really good (possible, at the very least) theories about how stuff will play out - sometimes get to see actors 'drop by' for interviews and/or help provide analysis.   They also really help me break down the episode, as there are some things I miss (either by lack of attention or not hearing/seeing something right at the time), or didn't quite understand when I watched the latest new episode for the first time.

Like this week, for instance, it was theorized about a mass unification of the all big parts of the 'mystery' of the mythology - that we've learned up to this point - all tying in together to form a tight backstory and explain future events.  Really makes you think, when theories/predictions are well thought-out and presented in that fashion.

• Love 1

Afterbuzz, mainly (watch it after it airs live on YouTube) - which is what I was actually using for reference in the previous post; mostly for the theories about the monks/trees/goo/etc. 

But I've recently listened to a 'The Warrant is All' podcast [discussing MtP] and have not yet checked out 'The Quad', but its on my "to do" list.  I also plan on listening to 'Rantpocalypse's Killjoys after-ep podcasts too, when have the time.

Your welcome.  I haven't listened to any of the Killjoys podcasts by Rantpocalypse (yet), but I have listened to that same 'team' on a couple of The Walking Dead and 12 Monkeys post-episode podcasts - which they were going by the name of 'Walking Naked' previously, for the previous seasons of those shows.  Liked both, so I'm thinking I'll find the Killjoys version(s) worthwhile as well.

I only listened to the one podcast, but based on just that, I'd have to agree with you on TWiA.  I like it when there is at least two people discussing things, to play or 'riff' off each other, IE bounce ideas/theories back & forth. 

At least a quarter of the TWiA podcast I listened to was the lone host recapping the whole episode....  sorry man, but I just watched it, thanks, don't require a play-by-play recap.

• Love 2

Killjoys got a mention from Entertainment Weekly as a top ten pick in its last issue, which is sort of nice, Unfortunately, things like EW or TV Guide are so relentlessly trendy (always chasing the buzz) they only discover things after they've peaked.

Article was posted over 2 weeks ago, but contains spoilery info about storyline and casting:

http://www.space.ca/killjoys-season-3-production/

[title of ^ article is Killjoys Season 3 Is Officially Underway]

{I noticed a certain someone of the female persuasion wasn't listed, but thinking maybe it was intentional to not spoil her 'cliffhanger' ending to last season}

• Love 2

Just passing by to state my eagerness for this third season ! This show is really entertaining and way smarter than it may seem at first glance ! 

That's it for me, see you guys this summer ! 

• Love 4
(edited)

For those in the USA (Syfy), we have a season premiere date:  Friday, June 30th. The show will be in the 8pm (Eastern, 7pm Central) timeslot, ahead of Dark Matter (9pm), and Wynonna Earp (10pm).*  (Source: TVLine)

*The latter two shows premiere on June 9th at 8pm and 10pm, respectively, with Dark Matter moving to 9pm once Killjoys premieres.

Edited by Just Here
  • Love 5

Finally a premiere date! (:

I'm super happy to know that my favorite supporting characters are going to be back, namely Pree, Fancy and Turin's glorious mane of hair. 

I am somewhat concerned that Alvis was not mentioned. I'm really hoping that he is still in the main cast!

On 2/22/2017 at 3:01 AM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Article was posted over 2 weeks ago, but contains spoilery info about storyline and casting

I'm also hoping to see D'avin and Fancy in more scenes together, because that is the team-up that I never knew I needed. 

And I'm assuming that Clara won't be back since Stephanie Leonidas got the Snatch series. So Johnny is going to need  a new wingman. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Just Here said:

For those in the USA (Syfy), we have a season premiere date:  Friday, June 30th. The show will be in the 8pm (Eastern, 7pm Central) timeslot, ahead of Dark Matter (9pm), and Wynonna Earp (10pm).*  (Source: TVLine)

*The latter two shows premiere on June 9th at 8pm and 10pm, respectively, with Dark Matter moving to 9pm once Killjoys premieres.

Awesome news to get a premiere date, but June 30th seems like a forever-ways away - even though its only 12 weeks.

3 hours ago, CaptainTightpants said:

And I'm assuming that Clara won't be back since Stephanie Leonidas got the Snatch series. So Johnny is going to need  a new wingman. 

Or she's brought back pretty much for only a quick meaningful death, as I self-predicted the character would get at some point in the new season anyways - as it seems that any close female friend (aside from Dutch) of Johnny's is destined to die an angsty death, even if the connection only occurred during a single episode.

(edited)
8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Well, here are couple of promo pics - not that exciting but better than nothing.

Thank you so much for those, @MissLucas

Looks like Johnny is hanging out with a weird crowd, at least very early on... right up his alley.  lol.

Spoiler

Noticed Stephanie Leonidas isn't in that one group shot, though, so I'm guessing her other show commitment means they couldn't get her for a cameo?  Maybe the Hackmod surgeon one is a semi-replacement for the missing Clara?? 

Also, really hoping that one pic is a fake-out, that Johnny is wearing something non-permanent to infiltrate the modded group.  I would much dislike a permanently Borg'd-face Johnny.

Q:  Does HJK, aka Dutch, get better looking every year?
A:  Yes.  Yes, she does.

• Love 3
(edited)

According to the epguides site, these are the 10 names listed for the episode titles in this upcoming season's batch;

1.   Boondoggie  -  June 30, 2017
  2.   A Skinner, Darkly  -  July 7, 2017
  3.   The Hullen Have Eyes  -  July 14, 2017
  4.   Home is Where the Hullen Isn't  -  July 21, 2017
  5.   Attack the Rack  -  July 28, 2017
  6.   Bug in an Elevator  -  August 4, 2017
  7.   The Wolf You Feed  -  August 11, 2017 
  8.   Heist, Heist Baby  -  August 18, 2017
  9.   Reckoning Ball  -  August 25, 2017
  10.   Wargasm  -  September 1, 2017

ETA:  The site updated the last few episode dates, which corresponded to my guesstimates.

fixed info
  • Love 3
On 2017.06.2. at 0:10 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

According to the epguides site, these are the 10 names listed for the episode titles in this upcoming season's batch;

1.   Boondoggie  -  June 30, 2017
  2.   A Skinner, Darkly  -  July 7, 2017
  3.   The Hullen Have Eyes  -  July 14, 2017
  4.   Home is Where the Hullen Isn't  -  July 21, 2017
  5.   Attack the Rack  -  July 28, 2017
  6.   Bug in an Elevator  -  August 4, 2017
  7.   The Wolf You Feed  -  August 11, 2017 
  8.   Heist, Heist Baby  -  August 18, 2017
  9.   Reckoning Ball  -  August 25, 2017
  10.   Wargasm  -  September 1, 2017

ETA:  The site updated the last few episode dates, which corresponded to my guesstimates.

Ah, Michelle Lovretta and your amazing episode titles. Boondoggie? Bug in an Elevator? Wargasm? They all sound perfectly Killjoys!

Also, can't wait for season 3! Less than a month to go!

• Love 4
(edited)

After seeing the official trailer for S3 - linked below, as an embedded video, on a webpage about S3's strailer - I am left thinking we're probably going to be getting a 3rd straight different opening titles sequence in as many seasons.  Just an uninformed, but intuitional, guess.

EW's page & embedded YT video of Killjoys' S3 official trailer (sound is really low, at least on my end)

Also, just 3 weeks left now until my favorite space dramedy is back!  (does the Johnny 'yay' moment from the trailer)

• Love 2