Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

http://www.bustle.com/articles/78486-the-royals-jasper-eleanor-actor-tom-austen-talks-a-huge-twist-in-store-for

Tom Austen on upcoming twists:

Actor Tom Austen, who plays the brooding bodyguard, weighs in: “All I can say is that there is a huge twist in the season coming up very soon and everything changes from there on in,” he says. “All of the characters have to adapt and change to the enormity of the situation at hand, and the way Jasper and Eleanor deal with it together is really interesting and tells you a lot about how both of them really feel,” he admits. Adding: “OK STOP! Im not telling you anything else.”

But we did get a few more salacious morsels out of the British actor. When I asked him if he received mountains of hate mail from Jasper/Eleanor shippers after his character slept with the Queen, he gave a resounding, “Yep!” Adding: “The response me and Al have had from fans is huge. We are so proud of it because we both put so much into these characters, and really properly, genuinely care about them being good together.”

“It really seems like everyone cares as much as we do,” he says. “But of course the flip side of it is that anytime either one of the characters does something really, truly bad to one another, people get upset. And I’m sorry to say if the last episode upset you… I wouldn’t put the Kleenex away just yet.”

Hmm, I wonder what this big twist will be. Will he get prosecuted for treason? Robert isn't really dead and comes back? Jasper turns out to be royal? 

• Love 1

I wonder what that big twist is. Here's some ideas I have:

* Eleanor and Liam are revealed to be the children of Alastair Lacey, not King Simon (that would seriously change things)

* Someone gets assassinated (seems like the most logical choice)

* We find out that Jasper and Eleanor are related somehow like he's Cyrus' illegitimate son whom he had with some woman in America

* King Simon and Helena get divorced

* The monarchy is voted by others to be abolished in spite of Cyrus

* King Simon says "Fuck it" and abdicates the throne, leaving it to Liam then runs off with Prudence to be a fisherman.

* Helena and Simon get divorced, she has a marriage of convenience with Cyrus as a result (both consistently cheat on each other of course but it's open). 

Robert isn't really dead and comes back? Jasper turns out to be royal? 

I am going to go with Robert coming back. As I understand the character is listed for upcoming episodes.

This is a spoiler of sorts about S2... Merritt Patterson, who plays Ophelia, tweeted that she's only in one, maybe two, episodes of S2. To which I say, hurrah! She's gorgeous, and an OK actress, but that character is a major drag and so's her relationship with Liam. Honestly, I didn't expect that at all, them reducing her to only an episode or two... I'm sure it's just because there's other stuff going on, and she'll return for some big finale reunion, but I'll enjoy the respite.

• Love 3

This is a spoiler of sorts about S2... Merritt Patterson, who plays Ophelia, tweeted that she's only in one, maybe two, episodes of S2. To which I say, hurrah! She's gorgeous, and an OK actress, but that character is a major drag and so's her relationship with Liam. Honestly, I didn't expect that at all, them reducing her to only an episode or two... I'm sure it's just because there's other stuff going on, and she'll return for some big finale reunion, but I'll enjoy the respite.

Yes!!! She is awful and has zero chemistry with Liam. And the show can't have both Liam and his twin in relationships. They need one to be single to keep the show more interesting.

Damn! I wonder if this is because the fan reaction to her is only so-so? Or is the actress doing other things? I actually like the pairing, but they were too rushed. Should've spent more time building them up, IMO, so this may be a goos thing.

So I finally figured out that the blonde girl in the S3 premiere is probably this girl:  

https://twitter.com/TheRoyals_FR/status/765976059888168962?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

I think that previous reports thought the girl in the white dress shooting with Max Brown (HRH Prince Robert) was the girl who played Gemma, but nope.  Pretty sure she knew Robert or was with him at some point.  I think Robert is having some kind of vision while he's on the island of her.

Meanwhile, according to this first look, Liam and this girl seem to have fallen for each other.  Liam has so much more chemistry with her than with anyone he's had scenes with (aside from that Dominique girl).  

I linked the video to the very frame she's shown in.

Man I can't wait for this storyline to play out.

Edited by phoenics

Clips from tonight's episode.

http://www.eonline.com/shows/the_royals/news/821344/prince-liam-confronts-robert-for-his-problem-with-jasper-on-the-royals-just-come-out-and-say-it 

Well this won't win Robert any friends, lol.  

Oh dear... Jasper.  

http://www.eonline.com/shows/the_royals/news/821640/jasper-s-shady-past-is-almost-exposed-in-sneak-peek-from-the-royals

I really think this is going to lead to either Liam getting angry enough at Robert (he is being a bit of a dick, though Liam did mess up royally) to go boink Kate and Robert will catch them --> Cyrus finds this out (maybe Liam leaks it? or somehow bungles it so that it is leaked like the party in Monaco where Ophelia shot whatshisname), which will destroy Robert's chance to be King over Cyrus.

I think this scenes also illustrate a difference in the two brothers:  Robert understands all of the planning and work that goes into the life they have - Liam only sees the surface and thus creates messes because of it.  I think both have good intentions:  Robert wants to protect the family and Liam wants to be loving, so Robert is a meticulous planner and he's successful but perhaps a bit remote whereas Liam gets into scrapes because he leads with his heart and doesn't think about proper planning.

Not sure how spoilery this is, because it's from the aftershow on Facebook. It's about the possibility of Robert/Willow next season from showrunner Mark Schwahn. For those too lazy to click, it's basically that Robert has "dark" plans for Willow and that it's all an act of revenge against Liam. Whatever, I'm still looking forward to it. Those types of stories, if done right and with good chemistry, can be really good. And with how Jasper/Eleanor began, it would be much less icky than other storylines on this show.

I will say that Robert sure picked a girl Liam seems to hardly give a damn about. They can finally give poor Willow a storyline. She was brought on much too soon after Ophelia, IMO, and she and Liam never got off the ground. She also totally looks and acts the part of royal girlfriend. She could probably handle it better than Ophelia and Kathryn.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Not sure how spoilery this is, because it's from the aftershow on Facebook. It's about the possibility of Robert/Willow next season from showrunner Mark Schwahn. For those too lazy to click, it's basically that Robert has "dark" plans for Willow and that it's all an act of revenge against Liam. Whatever, I'm still looking forward to it. Those types of stories, if done right and with good chemistry, can be really good. And with how Jasper/Eleanor began, it would be much less icky than other storylines on this show.

Well damn. I'm torn about this. Like you said, it could actually be really hot and compelling, but at the same time it really sucks and I hate that they're completely villainizing Robert for Liam's dumb ass. Ugh.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2017 at 9:08 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

I will say that Robert sure picked a girl Liam seems to hardly give a damn about. They can finally give poor Willow a storyline. She was brought on much too soon after Ophelia, IMO, and she and Liam never got off the ground. She also totally looks and acts the part of royal girlfriend. She could probably handle it better than Ophelia and Kathryn.

I'm mad that this is being used for more Liam propping - but honestly if this show was smart, they'd have it start that way, only for Robert to actually fall for her - that's the BEST kind of start to a relationship in soaps!  I remember on the new Dallas show - the hottest couple they had ended up being John Ross and Rebecca - even though they basically got together out of revenge.

Does Mark Schwahn have a twitter?  Maybe some of us should tweet at him to reconsider.  They keep cutting themselves off at the knees and under-utilizing their amazing talent to prop Liam up - give Liam someone great fine, but not Willow - not when she has chemistry like THAT with Robert.  Damn.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, phoenics said:

I'm mad that this is being used for more Liam propping - but honestly if this show was smart, they'd have it start that way, only for Robert to actually fall for her - that's the BEST kind of start to a relationship in soaps!

I think this is how it will go tbh. That kinda thing just fits the soap vibe so well.

But I am still afraid they will stay the course and put Liam with Willow.

One of the main problems with Liam imo is that WM just does not generate romantic chem with his screen partners.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think this is how it will go tbh. That kinda thing just fits the soap vibe so well.

But I am still afraid they will stay the course and put Liam with Willow.

One of the main problems with Liam imo is that WM just does not generate romantic chem with his screen partners.

So true.  So sadly true.  I think the only reason Ophelia and Liam worked (in hindsight) is because they were both so sweet and it was this American Cinderella story.  But Liam/Willow only worked because of WILLOW - never Liam.  That's why she had such heat with Robert - the actress ups her game with Max Brown.  WM couldn't up his game for her.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2017 at 9:42 PM, phoenics said:

I'm mad that this is being used for more Liam propping - but honestly if this show was smart, they'd have it start that way, only for Robert to actually fall for her - that's the BEST kind of start to a relationship in soaps!  I remember on the new Dallas show - the hottest couple they had ended up being John Ross and Rebecca - even though they basically got together out of revenge.

I recently got back into this show because I saw a clip of Robert and Willow interacting and thought to myself "wow that's a hot couple in the making". And as an OTH diehard fan (please don't judge. i was a teen in the 2000s it was either that or the O.C.) I'm pretty sure that Nathan and Haley; one of the show's biggest couples, started out this way? With Nathan initially pursuing Haley to mess with Lucas.

Maybe Willobert might be this show's answer to Naley? It's an almost identical situation, with Willow=Haley: the best friend and girl next door, Robert=Nathan: who at the time of this was a bit of an asshole not unlike Robert and Liam=Lucas: our very boring Mark self insert protagonist (and as I was typing this I just realized that Kathryn=Peyton kind of)

So I do think we're probably looking at a situation where Robert starts out with dark intentions for Willow but then slowly falls in love with her. Which I would be very into.

And if we're still going with OTH comparisons, it seems like Robert's going to be something akin to this show's version of Dan Scott? And Mark loved Dan so I don't think there's much danger of Robert being written off the show. He'll probably do a lot of horrible sh*t but he's definitely the most complex and layered character this show's got. Getting rid of him and Max would be insane imo. 

• Love 1

I think Robert is likely going to be the royal version of JR Ewing - just with a Bobby Ewing public persona.  JR is basically the archetype of a lovable schemer you simply cannot get enough of.  

I think the OTH comparison might be appropriate too.

Hi everyone!  I don't post much in this forum but LOVE reading what everyone else thinks.  

Do you think that it's possible Willow has been fooling us all and that she's out to ruin Helena?  After all, her mum was close with poor, dead Dominique.

• Love 1