Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

Aubrey Huff is the human embodiment of what the Astros were using to cheat with.

So when do we get the Manfred press conference to apologize for the dumb things he said in the press conference he had to apologize for the dumb things he did?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Aubrey Huff can FOAD, and as far as I'm concerned, so can anyone who makes excuses for the things he's said (funny how those folks protesting this all seem to be white dudes, but claim he's not racist or misogynistic, just "obnoxious").

Did you hear his interview on 95.7 this morning? He got run. 

Hey Aubrey, you're a funny guy, right?  A jokester, you might say?  Well, I've got a good one for you:

You like sex of the heterosexual kind (#nohomo) with your wife, dontcha?  You like to travel to the shooting range, yeah?

tenor.gif?itemid=12534687

Have a blessed day, hon.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Did you hear his interview on 95.7 this morning? He got run.

Nah, I didn't listen to it because I didn't want to hear his voice, but I read the transcript.

1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Three cheers to the Giants for shutting him out of their reunion.

Yes, and this also weeds out Aubrey's minions and fellow bigots for threatening to boycott the reunion and the Giants (even though most of them aren't even Giants fans anyway), who are still whining about how Aubrey's a victim because he supports President Cheeto. There's plenty of conservative baseball players who play or have played for SF. None of them talked about kidnapping Iranian women or teaching their sons to shoot supporters of other candidates or made sexist remarks about the new female coach, etc. Good riddance from this Persian bitch. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 13

Opening Day is 35 days away!  I wonder what the over/under is on teams snowed out.

Also does it make me an old fart if I miss the days where Cincinnati started off the season?  After the NCAA Tourney was over?

• Love 4

In my head, Gaylord Perry is calling Cooperstown, making sure he’s still enshrined. “I mean, I maybe got a few balls sticky. Not like I had an elaborate system. If I cheated, I mean. Which I did not.”

ETA: Mets will play the Asterisks four times, including two games at home in early June. If the fans will be setting the bar for the “savages” that attend Yankees games, here’s hoping they set it high. 😈😈😈

Edited by Lantern7
  • Useful 1
18 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

If a batter sees a pitcher tipping his pitches and can gain and advantage from it, that isn't cheating, is it?  That batter can't unsee that.  I don't think that is cheating.  The batter isn't about to run out to the pitcher and tell him he is tipping his pitches.

If that batter tells his teammates about the pitcher tipping his pitches, is that cheating?

I think an argument could be made that it is.

None of that is against the written rules, so it is not cheating.

A player standing on second base, looking in at the catcher's signs, figuring out what the signs are, and somehow signalling to the batter what pitch he thinks was just called, is not against the written rules and not cheating. He may get a fastball in the ribs the next time he bats, but he was not cheating.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

SHOCKING that someone with those particular skeletons in his closet would side with the cheaters.  

And yet, I firmly believe that had he been on those Yankee and Dodger teams he would have been the biggest proponent of head hunting against the Astros.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I was sorry to hear that about him. I'm not a huge Yankees fan although I prefer them over some other teams. I've seen him pitch the last few years. Seemed like a lot of talent when he is healthy. 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 1

Child walks through the living room, Yanks/Tigers is on.

”Is this live?”

”Yep.”

”Are they in New York?”

”No, it’s in Tampa.”

”Oh I was gonna say, cuz they don’t have coats on and it looks warm.”

”This is spring training.”

”So these games don’t count?”

”No it’s so they are ready when the season starts in a month.”

”Then why are you watching?”

”............”

Anyone need a slightly used 22 year old?

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have Youtube TV. I was really happy with it, in large part, because of the good selection of my regional sports networks.

Today I tuned it on and was greeted with a notice that they were dropping the YES channel. And the wording of it makes it seem like their decision is final, no more negotiations.

So that kind of sucks.

Edited by xaxat
58 minutes ago, mojoween said:

If Aaron Judge broke his ribs in SEPTEMBER WHY ARE THEY JUST NOW FIGURING THIS OUT?!?!

The charming Ricky Ricardo, who does the Yankees' Spanish language broadcasts, reported on WFAN this afternoon that Cashman indicated that the dismissal of last year's medical staff was because of problems like this, like Severino's injury and ... there was another one that I can't bring to mind at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Harry24 said:

The charming Ricky Ricardo, who does the Yankees' Spanish language broadcasts, reported on WFAN this afternoon that Cashman indicated that the dismissal of last year's medical staff was because of problems like this, like Severino's injury and ... there was another one that I can't bring to mind at the moment.

Paxton?

28 minutes ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Well, maybe the Giants won't lose 100 games this season after all!

We were just saying that about the Os earlier today.

ETA:  Although now that I think about, I'm sure we can find a way, no matter how short the season is!

Edited by ebk57
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

The Yankees should pop some champagne, as this is their last victory for who knows how long.  Beating the WS champs too woohoo!

Phillies had the best second in baseball in these meaningless baseball games.

2020 Philadelphia Phillies ..the best (spring training) team in baseball!

I gotta do one with the Eighties version. I'm sad to look it up and see it disregarded next to the original version. That's the song I heard before the Mets took the field and during broadcasts on WHN.

While I'm being picky: the song from 1986 is "Lets Go Mets." It is NOT "Lets Go Mets Go," dammit

• Love 1

With the CDC recommending no large gatherings for the next two months, it would seem we will be lucky to see baseball by the first of June.  (Assuming 2 weeks of “spring training”.)  If they can get 25 games a month June - September that would get us a 100 games season.  2 doubleheaders a month and playing into the first week in October could get an extra 15ish.   Obviously they couldn’t have an All-Star break.  Maybe shorten each playoff round (best of 3 instead of 5) and they could possibly finish before November 1.

At what point would the season be too short to be a “real” season?  I can’t imagine a whole summer without baseball.