Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I really don't think that is a big deal.  I would be far more concerned with violence than a couple of boobs being flashed by a couple of boobs.

Or cursing at players, throwing things on the field, fights in the stands. Is this really where you plant that flag?

• Love 4

Ball Don’t Lie.

also that Nationals pitcher looks like Seth Rogen and it weirds me out.

ETA: Joe Torre is doing no one any favors by trying to claim that was the right call. Just shut up, Joe.

Edited by stealinghome
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

that Nationals pitcher looks like Seth Rogen and it weirds me out.

He does!! Too funny. 😂

2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Be careful what you wish for.  I’m 50+ and nursed four children.  Just saying.

That will make the next Tribe game quite interesting, my friend. 😉😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So bat flips > bat carries but I can't believe the consternation around this. As long as they're  not hitting people with the bat as they go around who cares? Oh I forgot, playing baseball the Proper Way means never doing anything the slightest bit spontaneous or you know, actually having fun.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 7

I am kind of rooting for both teams since I grew up in Houston but now live in Washington, DC.  I want Houston to win a little more because my connection to the team goes back to childhood.

What is the deal with the visiting team blowing out every game in this series?  

I was super happy for Anthony Rendon to hit a homerun in Houston.  He grew up there and played college ball at Rice, just a few miles from the Minute Maid ballpark.  I have to think it must be a dream come true for him.

• Love 2

Toplessness is legal is Toronto (I think?) but the only people taking advantage seem to be men that I wish wouldn't heh......sometimes less is more. 

ETA: I looked it up. Not explicitly legal, but never successfully prosecuted as an indecent act, and so criminal charges are not pursued anymore. This does not apply to any toplessness in a commercial context ie prostitutes. It also does not necessarily apply if there are other acts along with the toplessness. But the court ruled in a case that merely walking down the street topless did not constitute  an indecent act under the criminal code. 

I think I should go back to lurking now lol. 

Edited by cleo
  • LOL 5
35 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I will be watching. 

I will be rooting for the Astros.  One of my cats' names is Astro.

Yeah, I know Astro was the name of the dog on the Jetsons.   I just like the name.  Plus, Astro is more dog than cat anyway.  He doesn't act like a cat.  He is kind of clumsy.

“Astro” is a good cat name. And I was just riffing off the news of low ratings. It begs the question: is there a matchup that would guarantee increased ratings?

• Love 1

Wow, he's a real peach. It wouldn't surprise me if he was drinking/using again.

As for the game, meh. I usually root for the underdog, so I have been nominally rooting for the Nats. Not looking so good for them; Greinke has been impressive.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Congratulations to Washington Nationals & their fans on them winning their first ever World Series. In general, I do enjoy watching a franchise get their first win. And the Nats have had an interesting journey to get to this moment. This was an interesting series with each team winning their games on the road. The Nats kept up with that theme and did a nice job of winning the championship tonight.  

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 8

Congrats to the Nats!! Very exciting to see a new team win it, especially since they were so counted out all season. Rendon and Strasburg should be co-MVPs.

Wonder if Taubman is still "so f***ing glad" Houston signed Osuna.

Can't believe the home team lost each game, and in such a lopsided fashion in most of the games.

• Love 12
On 10/27/2019 at 2:52 PM, Ohwell said:

Not a good sign that this is going back to Houston.  I blame the baby sharks. 

I predict that the baby shark song will be played quite a bit at the Nats' championship parade. 😉 Congrats to the Nats, especially former Indians Yan Gomes and Asdrubal Cabrera. 

• Love 2

I'm still hungover.  😂

3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I predict that the baby shark song will be played quite a bit at the Nats' championship parade. 😉 Congrats to the Nats, especially former Indians Yan Gomes and Asdrubal Cabrera. 

I'll even listen to the stupid baby shark song for a few more days.  This was incredible.

• Love 4

Even though I have professed my love for my Fun Sized Baseball Boyfriend, Jose Altuve , I found myself rooting for the Nationals.  I guess, like a lot of people, I love an underdog story, a team of destiny narrative.  However, I will be (mentally) hugging and comforting Jose and turning back to my Cubs to see what the hell they can do next year!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

What a story. 19-31 and left for dead, coming from behind in nearly every elimination game. 

. . . and the Mets can only watch and wonder what could have been had they started their resurgence sooner. But I think the biggest losers are MLB (all sorts of drama On and off the field) and Fox (low ratings). I think the Astros would also fit, but this was their third World Series in four years, and they probably got better odds than the Nationals for winning next year. I heard Washington has opened at 14-1, with several teams in front of them.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, xaxat said:

Nope, he's probably sleeping comfortably in his  bed made of stacks of cash.

He already had a bed made of stacks of cash.  The season he leaves the Nats win the Series?  Yeah, I bet he's pissed.  Couldn't happen to a nicer asshole.  Enjoy your money, honey.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The Nats are not my team in any way so I don’t want to be that asshole, but there was something very unlikable about the Astros this year from management on down and I just could not root for them at all.

Also, they beat the Yankees and I am a Bitter Betty.

• Love 10

That was my feeling for numerous reasons. I thought it was interesting Cole distanced himself from the team ASAP.

ETA that being said, sorry to the Houston fans, I'm sure it's disappointing 

Edited by cleo
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I thought it was funny Brantley registered the last out.  I never cared for him as an Indian, but I’m happy for Yan.

• Love 2

My feelings are so mixed. As a native Houstonian, I really wanted the Astros to win again, mostly for Cole and Greinke.  However, it is impossible not to like Rendon and Kendrick, and Scherzer already went to one World Series and lost. 

The Nats worked hard and brought it home.  You could tell they were all so happy last night, and it was contagious. So, congrats Nats! 

I am still wearing my Astros shirt in DC.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Good luck with that! 😃

As someone who grew up in Philly but who has been living in Washington since the early 1990s, I *think* Astros' fans should have nothing to worry about in DC. If they were in Philly? Not so much. (To be honest, I've tried to contribute a little of my Philly 'tude to my Nationals fandom, but Nationals' fans are nice ... except when it comes to criminal politicians.... DESERVEDLY.)

• Love 5
18 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

What a story. 19-31 and left for dead, coming from behind in nearly every elimination game. 

I'm wondering whether they will give Hader a WS ring.

And free agency starts in three, two . . .   

12 hours ago, Nidratime said:

As someone who grew up in Philly but who has been living in Washington since the early 1990s, I *think* Astros' fans should have nothing to worry about in DC.

I guess a smiley face means nothing?  I was just joking.

My Phillies friend was astonished I was rooting for the Nats (you’d think I was rooting for the Mets.... which I would just to annoy her, plus #ForeverGiant Panik is on their team now) instead of the Astros (her: “but they beat the dodgers!” me: “that was 2 years ago! Besides, the Nats knocked the dodgers out this year, so....”). I wonder if some of it has to do with her denial that Harper is unlikeable. She was trying to rub it in my face that Harper went with the Phillies, meanwhile I was just super relieved he didn’t go with the Giants. 😆

• Love 2