Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, shoregirl said:

I'm excited. He was my favorite of the guys they interviewed . 

How long do you think it will be before he gets booed? lol We are a unique bunch. 

I'm excited. I couldn't stand Kapler.

Edited by lb60

Since when have all these managerial changes started happening while the playoffs are going on? Didn't that all have to wait until the World Series was over - or does that only apply to players?

Good riddance to bad rubbish about Brandon Taubman. What a mess.

• Love 4

I know I'm supposed to be rooting for the AL team, but I can't help but really really want the Nats to win.  I like seeing different teams be successful in the Post.  They seem like a fun bunch, though I'm not too sure about that "baby shark" stuff, and what it is.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Since when have all these managerial changes started happening while the playoffs are going on? Didn't that all have to wait until the World Series was over - or does that only apply to players?

Good riddance to bad rubbish about Brandon Taubman. What a mess.

That’s what I thought, too.  I remember A-Rod getting ripped for opting out of his contract during the WS.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, JTMacc99 said:

I went to game 1 of that series. The Braves annihilated the Yankees. It was depressing. A week later:

926A8F93-494F-41ED-89A3-5A662AAB7A84.jpeg

Is that Mattingley on the horse? Or is it Boggs? (or someone else)

Later: It's Boggs. 

This anthem singer, is his name really D.C. Washington?!?

I assume when Kurt Suzuki is introduced the crowd is saying “Suuuuuuuuu”.  That’s a new one to me.  I mean they could have been doing it all year and I wouldn’t know because I literally watched my first Nats game on TV like two weeks ago, heh.

33 minutes ago, mojoween said:

This anthem singer, is his name really D.C. Washington?!?

I assume when Kurt Suzuki is introduced the crowd is saying “Suuuuuuuuu”.  That’s a new one to me.  I mean they could have been doing it all year and I wouldn’t know because I literally watched my first Nats game on TV like two weeks ago, heh.

His name is really DC Washington and he's been singing the anthem here for about forever at all the venues for all the teams.  I like him. 

As far as Suzuki... I've been to one Nats game this year because my bro was here from Italy and he hadn't been to the stadium yet.  So ... I don't know the answer to that. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

His name is really DC Washington and he's been singing the anthem here for about forever at all the venues for all the teams.  I like him. 

His voice is lovely!  He should sing all the anthems for everyone.

• Love 3

Astros are back in this thing!  I think they were wiped out in Game 1 due to short rest after the series with the Yanks.  

I loved seeing the fans in the stands in the rainbow shirts celebrating after the game. 

Edited by nittanycougar

Looks like the World Series is going best-of-3. Seriously not caring one way or the other. Curse of growing up, I guess.

This was on the front page of the Daily News on Friday. Did the Mets interview Joe Girardi, or at least express interest? If not, then it seems like a mean swipe.

Semi-Related News: Mickey Callaway will be the Angels' new pitching coach. Also, the Mets will be visiting Anaheim in August 2020. Should be interesting.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Did the Mets interview Joe Girardi, or at least express interest? If not, then it seems like a mean swipe.

They interviewed him, but everything I heard made it sound like they weren't particularly interested in him, so the headline has it backwards.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Not a good sign that this is going back to Houston.  I blame the baby sharks. 

Strasburg can win in Houston.  The question is whether Scherzer can pitch in Game 7.  Yesterday, ESPN reported that Scherzer was in so much pain that he could not even button his shirt.  He has had back problems this season.

5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I had a good feeling that Houston would end up winning the whole thing.

Hopefully this will be the last game tonight, but I'm pretty sure it will.

No game tonight. Game 6 is Tuesday night. Game 7 (if needed) will be Wednesday. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I heard it yesterday on the radio. Apparently they do that all over the place to make a statement. 

How can that be enforced though? 

I have no idea how keeping banned fans out of MLB parks is enforced. Those women, though, are sure milking (no pun intended) their notoriety. I've seen them on the news shows, heard them on the radio, etc. Blech.

Apparently, they misinterpreted some very crucial lyrics over the years. It's "take me out to the ballgame", not "take them out at the ballgame"!! 😳😉😂

Edited by catlover79
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

If MLB went in that direction, they would probably have more people watching the games.  Correction, more people at the games not watching the games.

Topless night would be real popular.

I remember hearing years ago (probably 20 or more) that a minor league or independent league game had a "nude night" planned where nude fans would get in for free. It wound up being cancelled.

AHA!! FOUND IT!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-1996-06-28-9606271149-story,amp.html

https://apnews.com/e2b4af73f107ca110a4a9754304c6246

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1996/06/20/palm-springs-suns-seek-more-exposure/b3f8a588-b7f3-4ae7-b3c6-32d415397d51/

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 2

There's a 15+ minute delay for a ridiculous replay, so the next batter hacks away at the first pitch to pop out. I mean, make the pitcher pitch.

(Of course, the next guy knocks it out.) Still though.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 1