Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

If you can't hold a 4 0 lead in the world series you don't deserve to win. Why did they take out the starter? 

Seeeeeriously, that was pathetic.  When they took Hill out after he'd been pitching so well, I was like, "Oh, you guys want to lose.  Got it."

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

Seeeeeriously, that was pathetic.  When they took Hill out after he'd been pitching so well, I was like, "Oh, you guys want to lose.  Got it."

He needed to go. He was gassed and seemed tired after that last pitch. This wasn’t the fault of the bullpen who seemed to be tired from last night. It was shitty baserunning and even shittier at bats. Stop going for the home run and try to hit the ball for a base hit.. Grandal has been so bad so far and why was he the pinch hitter? Twice they had one on with zero out and came up empty. Boston is just too good and smarter, and it showed in the ninth when they were patient and just getting guys on base. Looking for Kershaw to absolutely blow it tomorrow and another Boston championship parade. Blah.

The only mistake he made with the pitching was put in Janson instead of Baez.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, twoods said:

He was gassed and seemed tired after that last pitch.

I don't know. He seemed ok to me. They hadn't allowed a baserunner to 2nd all game. It is the World Series. Cowboy up. 

The LA starters have been actually solid. Maybe manage that. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

There is also this.  I hope Cashman is taking notes about all of this.  It’s not like he’s been clutch enough lately to make the headaches worth it.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 2

https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/the-mets-have-a-new-general-manager/

This will be a very interesting time for the Mets. 

And will be taking a lot of back page space from the Yanks. 

https://nypost.com/2018/10/28/brodie-van-wagenen-complications-begin-with-degrom-syndergaard/

10 hours ago, mojoween said:

There is also this.  I hope Cashman is taking notes about all of this.  It’s not like he’s been clutch enough lately to make the headaches worth it.

Yanks always pride themselves on getting "quality guys" so I hope they don't become blind to Manny's mannerisms. Certainly not for a 10 year contract.

• Love 2

Here’s the problem with Clayton giving up a two run dinger - he can absolutely settle down and not allow Boston to do any more damage.

But Los Angeles has proven over and over that they do not have the plate discipline to come back.

We shall see.  Their only hope is David Price doing David Price things.

• Love 4

I'm having flashbacks to last year's final World Series game when the Astros went up early... think this might be it for the Dodgers!

Dodgers have also been reminding me of the 2010 and 2011 World Series, with the Rangers going two years in a row and losing both times.  Sorry Dodgers, you have my sympathy!  So close and yet so far.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

But Los Angeles has proven over and over that they do not have the plate discipline to come back.

They're going to probably try to tie the game with one swing every at bat. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, ganesh said:

You've got 1 out and man on 3rd and then hack away at the first pitch. Ok. 

I'd worry that I disturbed my neighbors, but I think my shrieking of, "Are you fucking kidding me right now?!" came out at a pitch only dogs can hear, and there are no dogs for several houses.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

Ok, the shot of Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel wearing "I'm with Stupid" t-shirts, Matt's in Boston colors and Kimmel's in Dodger colors with the arrows pointing at each other, was pretty hilarious.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

Ok, the shot of Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel wearing "I'm with Stupid" t-shirts, Matt's in Boston colors and Kimmel's in Dodger colors with the arrows pointing at each other, was pretty hilarious.

I almost didn't recognize Pat Sajak when they showed him. He looked so... blonde.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Pat Sajak buying a vowel on his phone made me laugh, too, but, yeah, that was my favorite part of the celebrity roundup (even though Matt Mansplaining Damon bugs me).

• Love 2

Okay, I said because I don't care about baseball the way I do about football, a Dodgers loss wasn't going to ruin my week, and it's not.  But now that it's here, ruin my night, yeah.  Last year, fine.  But this year?  Forget winning, couldn't we have lost to any other team than the Red Sox, by which I mean any other fan base than Boston sports fans?  (To be clear, some of whom I like dearly as people in general among those I know - I just can't stand any of them as sports fans, specifically.)  I'd suffer Yankees fans far more gladly. 

But, the Red Sox were the far better team, and deserved the championship, hands down, so props.

Edited by Bastet

Congrats to Boston.  I'm a little upset that they won tonight, but that's only because I considered picking them to win in 5 but before the NLCS ended, I originally stated that the Red Sox would defeat the Dodgers in 7 and the Brewers in 4

Not sure what'll happen to the skipper.  They were considering making changes had they lost to Milwaukee.  L.A. is in it to win it, but this was an awful series for them (thanks to last night and somewhat Game 3).  Kershaw might be done also, but I guess we'll see

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Pitchers and catchers report around Feb 14.....so maybe basketball? 

A little of that.  A little football.  Much hand-wringing over the Os offseason mistakes... 

• Love 1