Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

47 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Well, with night game 4 weather predictions of temps in the 30s, the outcome so far today looks like nobody is going to have to worry about it.

The Crew's pitching staff came through with a great game and had such a great series.  The Rockies had what, 14 hits in 3 games?  Not bad.  

Off to open a bottle of something to celebrate!  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kariyaki said:

DAMN. Back to back homers adding insult to injury. Lot of grumbly Colorado fans started heading for the parking lot.

I'm so bummed :(.  Also fuck the fans for booing Oberg and Arenado, specifically.   Fuck them.  This team wouldn't have made the damn playoffs without him.

That said, this was a pretty great season overall that ended in a bad way.  I love this team and hope CarGo comes back. 

Houston never was taken seriously until they won the WS. Now it's Milwaukee's turn. The Brewers play hard and are a very cohesive team. As Bob Uecker said "there is no me there is we". I love when underrated teams do well. Go Crew!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rcc said:

Houston never was taken seriously until they won the WS.

They still aren't. If they were, I'd be watching today's Houston game in prime time instead of right now while I'm eating lunch.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

They still aren't. If they were, I'd be watching today's Houston game in prime time instead of right now while I'm eating lunch.

Or listening to it on the radio while trying to work, like I am.  Interesting, that, of the 4 division series, the only one that has no chance of ending today is getting the prime time slot.  Because watching Boston-New York play a game that decides nothing is so much more interesting to baseball fans than watching a game where the winner might be going on to the next round.

• Love 6

Well, the Indians suck and I hate them.  Last world championship in 1948, 70 years and counting.

Congratulations to Kariyaki and the other Astros fans.  They outplayed the Tribe in every facet of the game.  The Indians could pitch, couldn't hit, couldn't field.  I wish they'd made a better showing, but the Astros outright dominated them, right up to bringing Houston weather with them.  It is currently 90 degrees, 55% humidity in Cleveland, not exactly October weather in the Midwest.

Now, Houston needs to go out and kick some AL East a** in the ALCS, I'm rooting for them all the way.

Sorry it took me awhile to get here to congratulate you Kariyaki, I was drinking my dinner.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scriggle said:

Y'know, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I think a Brewers-Astros world series would be terrific.

I think neither MLB nor Fox would agree with you. Expect the Sox or the Yanks to at least make the Series.

Natutally I want the Yankees in the WS and want them to win. Should that not happen I'd probably root for Brewers over any other team especially if that team is Boston.  

Lantern, I agree MLB/FOX would hate it but I think most of the country does not want to see Yanks or Sox in the WS.  

It is clear that the Yanks need to upgrade the pitching staff. Job #1. They need another "ace" to go with Seve and Masa. Corbin is the rumor so we will see. Yanks will spend tons of cash if they have to. 

Is Eovaldi a free agent next season? Not saying Yanks should sign him since he had a 4. something ERA with the Rays but he could be a nice 4th or 5th guy if they don't sign CC. Just thinking out loud. 

Welp.  It appears that I will not have to make a choice between the Giants and Yankees on Thursday.

If that’s the case, I am jumping on the ‘stros bandwagon so hard you would think I was born on that damn train.

• Love 3

Jaysus, that game gave me a heart attack. I thought for sure Kimbrel was gonna blow it and the Sox's season was going to go down in flames.

Congratulations to the Yankees on a great series and season. Your team is so good. Judge scares the shit out of me.

The Sox should be able to give the Astros a better fight than last season, but I just can't see them getting past Houston in 7. Houston has more grit than the Sox and also a bullpen not full of headcases.

• Love 6

The Yankees were just not ready for prime time.

(no one tell Alex Bregman)

I love how the narrative is that the Yankees hitting sucked ass and not that the Boston pitching was any good.  The Red Sox did win 108 games, did they not?  Five more than the next closest team?  Eight more than the team they were playing?

And that is the last time I will give Boston credit for anything.

• Love 1

I would root for the devil if he was playing against the dodgers, so unfortunately I have to cheer for the brewers and their fan base that gives puzzling standing ovations to a pitcher who has said homophobic & racist things. At least it’s not like 2016 when I had to root for the cubs to beat the smurfs. Ugh.

TBH, I’d be okay with the Red Sox winning out of all the options left. They’re the farthest away from me and they’re not the dodgers ???‍♀️

• Love 1

Most times I forget that the Astros are not a NL team anymore so the Sox series actually feels like a WS. And if the Astros meet the Brewers in the WS it will still be weird because I forget Brewers are NL now.  Dizzy.

21 hours ago, mojoween said:

I did not catch it, but anything he says is valuable!

mojo, you have to watch it because he speaks the Baseball Truth.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I’m sure I’m not the first person to question this, but I do find it curious that the LCS is on FS1, a channel not everyone has.

I don't get this either.  Why do these networks bid all the big money for the postseason games and then not put the game on the primary network?  FOX doesn't even have their programming past 9 CT/10ET, so tonight's game would have only preempted 2 hours of programming.  This isn't like the first two days of March Madness with multiple games going on at the same time.  But every NLCS game is on FS1, with the exception of Game 2 tomorrow on FOX, and all the ALCS games are on TBS.  All the WS games will be on FOX though.

Man, the Brewers are going to kill me.  What a tense end to the game.  Not sure why Hader had to pitch 3 innings - I assume he's not available until maybe game 3 now.  Huge sigh of relief - will now try to get some sleep.  

Edited by Calvada
  • Love 2