Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

I can't imagine being a fan of either team and dealing with the high and lows of these games. We are not setting foot in the other room until this game is done- I've already gotten my head bit off a few times because any smile is equivalent to smirking that the Dodgers can't keep this lead (can't I just be happy?).

• Love 1

Definitely entertained.  Rooting for the AL West team, but I could root for LA since "Corey's Brother" Kyle is one of my favorite players. 

cropped_GettyImages-839935790.jpg?ts=150

On this game, that's twice the home plate umpire has called strike 3 on a player prematurely headed towards first for his walk.  It's like the ump is calling that strike after the player is apparently showing up the ump by thinking they know what the ump is gonna call.  Or is it just me? 

• Love 1

Holy crap this game in UNBELIEVABLE. So nuts!!! That ball might still be in orbit.

Also this game is soooo long. It's been 3.5 hours and we're only in the 7th! I'm on the east coast and tomorrow is going to be murder, but I can't not watch to the end of this crazy-ass game! Who would have thought Kershaw-Kuechel 2.0 would have turned into this?

• Love 7

Is this how a game looks like whose teams are both out of pitchers? Brutal and sooo long. Morrow came out and hubby cursed and changed the channel. I guess judging by the score he knew what was coming. Game 6 with Verlander and Hill is going to be nuts.

• Love 6

I'm dying here!!! My husband is from Houston and I'm a Dodgers fan. This series is just crazy and exhausting.  I'm hoping my twins sleep in tomorrow. 

And someone, please for the love of God, shut Joe Buck up. Am I the only one who wants a line drive right down his throat? 

• Love 10

Yeah, but it's long AF. Couldn't the game have started at 7 p.m., with Fox not taking any NFL games starting at 4 to insure no overlap? I know sports aren't about the kids anymore, but they should see a full game without worrying about napping in class the next day.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

While there's a break in the action and everybody reaches for the coffee . . . is Curtis Granderson playing at all?

After how much he's been stinking up the playoffs, I doubt he will see the light of day.

I agree that the last team with a pitcher wins. The bullpens are going to be absolutely exhausted after this game, which will make game 6 (and possibly 7) even more ridiculous. I'm watching the score because just looking at the game for a second is making me sick (and I don't have a team in this). 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, twoods said:

After how much he's been stinking up the playoffs, I doubt he will see the light of day.

Awwwwwwwww. I haven't been keeping up. The guy is the classiest of acts, and the Mets were poorer for dealing him.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, twoods said:

I agree that the last team with a pitcher wins. The bullpens are going to be absolutely exhausted after this game, which will make game 6 (and possibly 7) even more ridiculous. I'm watching the score because just looking at the game for a second is making me sick (and I don't have a team in this). 

No way this series doesn't go 7 at this point. It's been too fucking crazy not to!!!

• Love 1

The Dodgers relying on Jansen this much in the playoffs has come back to haunt them. He's going to be too tanked to go out in game 6. It's the Astros game to lose because they have it in the bag with Verlander.

I was listening to the game on my phone. Then the cable came back on just in time for the end!  Then it went out again. It's like fate ... or something ?

At least the power is back on. 

Oh, and I love baseball!! 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

While there's a break in the action and everybody reaches for the coffee . . . is Curtis Granderson playing at all?

Granderson isn’t on the Dodgers World Series roster. They dropped him for an extra pitcher. 

And... holy fuck, what a game. That was a loud ass crowd, I’m glad I got to go. 

• Love 7

I just looked at the Cleveland Indians “shop” page on MLB.com.  On page 1 of the t-shirt section there were 33 items with the Chief Wahoo logo.  I am assuming MLB, Inc. takes a cut of each sale.  As long as they are making a profit on the sale of merchandise with a racially insensitive (at best) logo, I am not sure MLB has much of a leg to stand on regarding the discipline of players making racially insensitive gestures.  Especially when apologies were extended and accepted by the men involved.  Just my opinion.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Yeah, but it's long AF. Couldn't the game have started at 7 p.m., with Fox not taking any NFL games starting at 4 to insure no overlap? I know sports aren't about the kids anymore, but they should see a full game without worrying about napping in class the next day.

The Cowboys started at 4:25 yesterday.  There is no way in Hades FOX was giving that game to CBS so yeah, we were stuck with an 8-Something start.

I’m so glad I take vacation every week this year.  A crazy game 6 on Halloween.  This is going to be sooooo fun.

• Love 5

Even though I'm on vacation this week I still couldn't stay up late enough to watch the end of the game and went to bed with it tied 7 - 7. Dammit, dammit all to hell. I need to move to the Pacific time zone or something. Mark my word I will do my best to stay awake as long as is needed for game six.

• Love 3

I know that newspapers are old-fashioned, but late games never make the back page with the subscription copy. In the defense of the Daily News, today's back page would've still be devoted to the Knicks shocking the Cavs, with an "ANOTHER EPIC GAME IN EPIC SERIES" banner underneath. Also, "JETS SUCK ON FIELD; GIANTS SUCK ON BYE WEEK."

ETA: Just to clarify, I think the News will probably have Game 5 up in their later editions. It's just . . . the Knicks . . . beat the Cavs. And this comes days after the Cavs lost to the Nets. You can get a pickup team with three dudes on the side, and they'd beat the Nets with little problem.

• Love 2

Yes, I am completely done with Kershaw being referred to as the best pitcher on earth.  He is probably a nice guy, but the sports guys are making me hate him.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 2

So it’s Kapler for the Fightin Phils, I guess I get it.

He is one of my favorite anecdotes.  In 2004 he asked a Boston rabbi if he should play on Yom Kippur and the rabbi replied “Yes, do it, we need all the help we can get!”

• Love 4
18 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

I'm dying here!!! My husband is from Houston and I'm a Dodgers fan. This series is just crazy and exhausting.  I'm hoping my twins sleep in tomorrow. 

And someone, please for the love of God, shut Joe Buck up. Am I the only one who wants a line drive right down his throat? 

When the Yankees are on FOX we watch the game on mute so as not to hear him gushing about how great the other team is (any team versing Yankees). He is so, so opinionated, which is wrong for a commentator.  Why can't they get rid of him?

• Love 1