Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

The Red Sox led by two in the 10th in the Buckner game. The Rangers led by two in the 10th in the Freese game.

3 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Anyone with the over/under on the people that are going to die in the 'celebrations' tonight?

Well the city of Chicago is involved, so ...

Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 5
Just now, ebk57 said:

He looks like he's about 15

Yeah but he's young and fearless- he's just pitching and not overthinking it. You can't help liking that (unless you're an Indians fan, sorry guys).

• Love 1

I'm not good at faking happiness when I hate the outcome (and Theo, can't forget about Theo), so while I can appreciate the feeling for the fans, especially after a drought, I'll catch ya in February.

Unless there is interesting hot stove news, of course.

• Love 3

The Billy Goat Curse is finally over. From a Cleveland Cavaliers fan, Congratulations Cubs Fans. 

What a game this is. I can't imagine how poor Steve Bartman is feeling right now. He can sleep peacefully now.

Edited by Magog
  • Love 4

Congrats to the Chicago Cubs and their fans. :)  Tonight’s game ended up being an awesome game 7.  I was rooting a bit more for Cleveland, but I would have been happy with either team winning and ending a long drought for their fans. The Cubs did a great job coming back from being down 3-1 and being that team.

Cleveland did a great job this season and maybe we see them again in the World Series next year. Hopefully they will make another appearance sooner than later.

• Love 2
Just now, kariyaki said:

Thankfully, it's over. Both the game and the Cubs' drought. So I can stop hearing about it.

I'm avoiding all sports media the next few days because of the overload of the Cubs destiny crap. I'm happy for the fans but tired of the overloaded media hoopla. Now it's going to be worse after the 3-1 deficit.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, twoods said:

I'm avoiding all sports media the next few days because of the overload of the Cubs destiny crap. I'm happy for the fans but tired of the overloaded media hoopla. Now it's going to be worse after the 3-1 deficit.

You won't be able to escape it, people are going to show up with brand new Cubs stuff on.........all over the place.

Tennessee is playing South Carolina on the SEC network.......

• Love 1