Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

Just now, mojoween said:

I cannot believe Chapman is still out there.  Guess they are getting their money's worth before Aroldis leaves in free agency.

They're already thinking of next year. 

If his arm falls off, they don't have to face him when he's a Yankee again. 

• Love 2
Just now, King of Birds said:

It's only midnight on the east coast and now a rain delay.  Who'll stay up and call in sick tomorrow?

Me, me!! I am in for the long haul (or until the booze runs out).

• Love 4
1 minute ago, King of Birds said:

It's only midnight on the east coast and now a rain delay.  Who'll stay up and call in sick tomorrow?

I'll stay up.  But I'll go to work. Especially since I'm leaving early to go see Lewis Black.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Does anyone know where the World Champion t-shirts for the losers go?

The NFL sends the loser SB tees overseas, so someplace on the planet is a kid who thinks the Panthers won last year.

The same - there is an organization that collects losing championship gear from all four major sports for donations.

1 minute ago, ebk57 said:

I'll stay up.  But I'll go to work. Especially since I'm leaving early to go see Lewis Black.

I'll probably stay up for it then go to work in the morning too - and lucky you, going to see Lewis Black!  I managed to miss him when he was in Charlotte earlier this year. :-(

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

If I had a rooting interest in this game, I'd be near apoplectic by now.

Well, it was nice knowing you Cubs and Indians fans.

I'm not really a fan of either team (Yankee fan here) but after Chapman gave up the homerun I changed the channel.  I cant imagine what the Cubs fans in particular are going through.

As soon as Maddon took Hendricks out, I said if the Cubs win, it would be inspite of Maddon not because of him.  Hendricks was cooking....why the hell would he take him out so soon. Basically compounding his mistake from last night in using Chapman with a 5 run lead. 

Seeing that there is a rain delay I think gives everyone a chance to breathe again. Yikes.

Im not staying up for this.  Ill catch the highlights when I wake up bc I cant handle watching this game in real time.  Good luck.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 1
Just now, Moose135 said:

The same - there is an organization that collects losing championship gear from all four major sports.

I still think it's fucked up that they are trying to expand the NFL to other countries by fooling those poor kids with that SWAG?

I hate rain delays because everyone tries to hurry up to get the game in and that leads to bullshit mistakes.

Going to have to go to bed because of stupid work in the morning and can't stick around for a weather delay and extra innings. If it had just been extra innings, maybe but this is too much. I'm not happy with Maddon at all, the husband is really upset with him and as always there is always next year because we don't think they are going to pull it off anymore. Good luck for those staying up :)

6 minutes ago, King of Birds said:

No need, I'm on vacay.  I may fall asleep in the dentist's chair tomorrow, but he likes sports so he will understand.

Him, I hope he does NOT stay up all night watching baseball.

• Love 3

My son who likes baseball and loves the Tribe started throwing up before the game started. I went up to check on him when the Tribe started their comeback so hubby won't let me back in the basement.    Bad news-no TV. Good news-no Joe Buck.

• Love 6

I agree- there are going to be plenty of mistakes and with the nerves, it's going to be a nutty 10th.

I don't know how you fans are doing this- I'm an O's fan and want to hurl right now. Can it end in a tie and both teams win? Pretty please?

This thread is just as entertaining as the game. Thanks guys!

Crs97, I've been seeing a ton of stomach flu going around in the past few weeks- hope your son feels better.

Edited by twoods
4 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I went up to check on him when the Tribe started their comeback so hubby won't let me back in the basement.    Bad news-no TV. Good news-no Joe Buck.

You don't have a second TV? Darn. You got your MLB AB app?

Hey they're back on the field- that was quick.

Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, King of Birds said:

Oh jeez. I just went up the page- no posts from @movingtargetgal  ... she's locked in the bathroom and the wireless router was turned off after the lead-off HR.  Thinking of ya MTG!

Don't worry I'm doing fine.  I've stayed in our room watching a bunch of chick flicks on DVD.  Mr. Moving has been providing room service and updates.  He is an emotional basket case at this point.

• Love 6

At least this rain delay is short . it could be worse they could have to wait 2 days to resume play like the Phillies and Rays did in 2008. that game was tied too though not a game 7 but it was a clinching game.  So at least this isn't unprecedented for Joe Madden.